The Chateau Diaries #212 So, Philip is a prostitute? Stephanie Jarvis is really bad with money!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The list is getting long. Haters, menopausal hags, trolls, hellhounds, nasty witches, gobshites, and snide cows... Have I missed anyone? I don't mean to offend by omission. 😁
toxic something. more toxic that old water from radiators.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
No one is more addicted to Tattle than Fanny and her Misfits. They are like a murderer returning to the crime scene. They do something they know is wrong (or lie) and scurry back here to see if they were caught. Tattle is the ultimate focus group. Yes we sometimes like to poke fun and sometimes the conversation gets off track, but we are, for the most part, serving up your daily dose of truth bombs. Sometimes the truth hurts, doesn’t it Fanny & Friends?

You want us to stop? Sure.

Show us the books. Be transparent about the Patreon money. This starts and ends with the fortune you’ve been lucky enough to amass for the restoration of your personal residence. This property is not in the national trust of France and has no benefit for the general public. It plays no important role in France’s history.

Put an end to the gift grab. It’s beyond disgusting and I personally would be satisfied with it ending now. the meagre self-serving donations that are reciprocated with perks for you (dresses, discounts, statues) are vile, and can be done another way without Granny’s sending you prezzies.
Roll up your sleeves and start earning your $40K+ Patreon piggy bank with honest sweat equity. In two plus years I’ve seen not a stitch sewn by your own hands, except, perhaps a lick of paint, one plant planted and a strip of wallpaper hung with Gerry’s help. so lazy!

Get going on real restoration and quit excessive shopping and luxury travel on your fanbase’s dime.

Tell the truth. We do.

Keep your support squirrel, but please shut his trap behind the camera.

….we know she never will so we must serve as her missing conscience And hold her to account.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
our consulate in Istanbul doesnt get people in, but not closed off...thats what i know...in Ankara no problems yet...they advise people to be carefull..
You are correct. The consulates did close the doors. They are working from undisclosed locations. And not only the Dutch, it's the British, Belgium, German, Swedish and French consulates which are closed. So all these countries are at risk too. Please be careful too especially with Carnival in Brabant coming up!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
The lamps look like someone took a piece of a chandelier and put it inside a wire cage that normally contains the moving blades of a fan. I have never seen this “style” of lamp before. Has anyone else ever seen this type of lamp before?
no..thank god no....i wonder who made or designed them??:eek:.. shall we ask Caroline Gooder...the oracle of Lielande... 🙄 she must have the answer...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Another Fanny “smoke and mirrors “ moment. When she started the video, she claimed that Snorts wakes up after she does and that she has to start the fire in the mornings because he is still sleeping. If that is true, why do all the videos of Fanny waking up in bed have no Sir Snorts a Lot next to her in bed? She is all alone.

Could he actually be sleeping in his lady desk bedroom, where he stays up all night drinking, shopping, and playing video games?
He's in a cot at the end of the bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
wasnt there an Indian type of guy a few years ago...Hash? or something?? wasnt he the one with that kitchendesign she never did anything with?? or was that that hairy one with his bikeshorts?? Its confusing...there are so many so called friends we never see again...but i remeber a guy named Hash who was from Indian descent??
Hash was hunting for a chateau in the area and volunteered at the heap. He has also a carpentry business and gave a quote for the China cabinet which was too high. He wasn't a friend. He was indeed Indian and made Indian food or perhaps that was another volunteer.

Edit: eeew I sound Like Caroline no good ever!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
SJ's granny squad called us old and unintelligent.
Karma baby has dropped hints how to pick up social media, I have dropped atomic bombs how to grow sales. Comte has dropped bombs with his knowledge of grand houses. Iolair with and I has dropped her knowledge on everything historic and old.
The rest of the tattler with knowledge of gardens, sewing, construction, decoration, food etc has showered us with their knowledge bombs. You guys have thrown me through numerous rabbit holes and broadened my horizon!

SJ's Granny squad on the other hand:
Oh SJ you brought a smile to my face. Ah SJ you have warmed my heart! you are so gracious in receiving gifts!

I know with which group of people I would love to have a drink with!
You and me both, couldn't agree with you more @Luna20.
Cheers to that - mine's a glass of something long and chilled and I will get the first round in to celebrate that fact!
Collectively, we here on TL are a group of far more experienced in life, knowledgeable, diverse, intelligent and extremely humorous people than any "cult like" commentators on CD, without a shadow of a doubt. :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought decanting was only if wine was particularly old, for aeration and separating the sediment...
This bunch isn't drinking vintage Chateau Margaux... So why would they need decanters?
OR
Decanting is appropriate if the wine is too young and the flavor needs to be enhance.
Well and also if you are embarrassed by the label and want to hide the fact that you are serving rot gut.
Which is more likely with this bunch...
Their table wine comes in boxes a la Chateau de Cardboard. The label isn't embarrassing, the box is. Can't be dragging that thing to a table full of paying guests. The horror!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You are correct. The consulates did close the doors. They are working from undisclosed locations. And not only the Dutch, it's the British, Belgium, German, Swedish and French consulates which are closed. So all these countries are at risk too. Please be careful too especially with Carnival in Brabant coming up!
i am very thankfull for living in the country...sometimes i go out in the moring and i find the door was unlocked..during the night...my husband works sometimes at night....and goes for a walk with the dogs before he goes to bed....he isnt so carefull as I am.... when i have to be in Amsterdam or The Hague i am always very carefull... thats why i dont wear expensive juwelry nor desingercloths when i dont have to...

I lived in Sri Lanka when there was a war going on...especially my mother was horrified something would happen...my father not so...he was in the resistance in the second world war... he always said..use your brains and stay away out of big crowds..especially in big cities..

Carnival was fun when we were young...when i drink too much these days, i have a headache for days...its not worth it..i enjoyed it wearing a mask and dressing up...so nobody would be able to know who you were...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The lamps look like someone took a piece of a chandelier and put it inside a wire cage that normally contains the moving blades of a fan. I have never seen this “style” of lamp before. Has anyone else ever seen this type of lamp before?

Okay, I think they can be referred to as cage chandeliers or wire cage chandeliers.I wonder which auction house in London sold these “ lamps” to her? I wonder how much she/ the Patrons really paid for them?
They’re also called globe chandeliers. They’re classified as an “industrial vintage” style…but it looks more like a mashed-up Frankenstein style to me! People use them in the trendy “farmhouse decor” that’s popular in the US right now…which might be fitting for SJ’s farmhouse!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Their table wine comes in boxes a la Chateau de Cardboard. The label isn't embarrassing, the box is. Can't be dragging that thing to a table full of paying guests. The horror!
Boxes of inexpensive wine decanted for paying guests, but bottles of expensive champagne and wines gleefully uncorked for the owners of the Crumbling castle. That’s so LaLande!
---

They’re also called globe chandeliers. They’re classified as an “industrial vintage” style…but it looks more like a mashed-up Frankenstein style to me! People use them in the trendy “farmhouse decor” that’s popular in the US right now…which might be fitting for SJ’s farmhouse!
Do you think they someone just found the chandelier lamps and fashioned crude wire cages around them ? The “cages” are so crudely made to encase the chandelier element.

F4F truly is a tasteless maker. I have learned a lot about tasteless decor from Fanny and her decorating choices and purchases for the Dump. Fanny is like a walking public service announcement/ cautionary tale on how not to restore power, renovate, or decorate a crumbling castle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
she is utter clueless. It is also very vulgar to have decanters on the table too.
Staff should pour from a claret jug, or if it’s port or brandy after a meal decanters might be brought to the table.. Wine left on the table during a meal in those things NEVER. She is trying so hard to be classy yet looks chavvy.
You also never leave leftover wine in the decanters after the meal. My grandmother’s cook would always keep whatever was left for sauces or stocks. It wasn’t wasted. Leaving the wine in will eventually cloud the crystal. Also, as the wine has been aerated in the decanting process it begins to degrade rapidly. Port can be left in it’s decanter as it’s a fortified wine, usually with brandy.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Boxes of inexpensive wine decanted for paying guests, but bottles of expensive champagne and wines gleefully uncorked for the owners of the Crumbling castle. That’s so LaLande!
---

Do you think they someone just found the chandelier lamps and fashioned crude wire cages around them ? The “cages” are so crudely made to encase the chandelier element.
i remember when i was in the early nineties in London...around Camden Market...that there were young artists creating things like that...also other decorstuff etc..dont remember those lamps, but it gets that vibe to me..

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Of course, Fanny wants to hang on to a broken wicker chair covered in bird poop because Mummy sat on it. Oh the memories!

And also keeps an outdated lamp/table because it was in the farmhouse when she bought it. It was probably a charity purchase back then.

Up to the attic you go for another 20 years gathering wood worm, dust and bat tit.

If it’s broken fix it. If it’s truly sentimental or valuable, fix it or take a photo of it for your memory box.

if Your 40+ room personal residence (of no historical significance) is bursting at the seams with stuff, YOU have a problem.

Id like to issue a challenge to Fanny and her misfits, absolutely nothing new (or old) comes in to the farmhouse for one whole month, no soup turines, no silverware, no scrap of fabric, no laboutins, no hedgehogs paraphernalia, no frames, no sofas, no Spode. Zero. Nada. Nothing. Absolutely no online or brocante shopping, support squirrel!

spend a whole month fixing what you have.

free content idea. You’re welcome. Signed Your friendly (old) tattlers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes!! Ready for that hideous modern farmhouse style to go. And it certainly doesn't fit in with a Chateau. It's a very American thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.