The Chateau Diaries #209 Fanny runs through her so called friends like toilet paper!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't read the whole thing yet.. but has anyone shared this gem from patreon comments yet? 😂

Chloe Hutton
11h
Stephanie I am the one who gave you the advice on the accounting system which I know you found very useful. This time I am going to give you advice on renovating I have done several properties in France and England and you need to be single minded. It doesn't matter whether these antiques were from patreon or not that is your business, but they were not a bargain because you have lost rental on your London flat storing them, plus time and money to travel to go and get them when you literally have so much to do at La Lande. The lake, structural issues with the Chateau and the chapel, the heating, the facade, Gerrys apartment, Nattis apartment, your boudoir, the china pantry the list goes on and on. I think this year if you are serious about restoring the chateau you need to buckle down and get stuff done, not panelling hallways and decorating it with the latest glut of Burleigh but real renovation. Expensive wallpapers and antiques are of course lovely but now you have to store all this again and the grand salon is not going to be ready for a very long time. I know you have so many things to do so please consider getting a project manager so you get stuff done and seen through, that way you can do your travel channel, do the interior design at which you excel and filming whilst someone gets on ploughing through the jobs in the correct order. Employ a team of artisans for the manager to oversee and you will see immense progress and light at the end of the tunnel. Otherwise I fear you are going to do work only to have to re do it again. Not trying to teach my Granny to stick eggs just sharing some experience. I will; probably have a lot of lovely furniture for you later in the year from my Mother's place in France so I will keep you posted-not to mention china but I think you may have enough now LOL cXXXXXX

Carol Z
10h
Chloe, while some of what you wrote may get negative blowback on this platform, I do think you’ve raised some valid points, certainly in the benefits of a full time project manager. Given Amaury’s construction background, skills, temperament, fluent French and intelligence - he would be a candidate for this role at least in the short term while the Grand Salon is on hold. Personally, I suspect he’s been functioning in this capacity for a while now on some elements of the renovation. In that Project Managers always report to, and follow the directives of executive staff; Stephanie, Philip and the co-owners still retain control. It’s also quite possible that the videos regarding the more decorative aspects of the Chateau and Stephanie’s trips generate the most views while recruiting/retaining Patrons, hence the most revenue for the restoration. The number of Patrons relative to the number of subscribers is absolutely astounding. Stephanie and Philip may enjoy being YouTube creators but it also their jobs, and they do it really, really well. Hell, she invented this YouTube genre!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
In all my years, I don't think that I've come across a client who started out on a renovation project which did not go over budget. Sometimes one thing led to the other and more and more problems were exposed and the expenses piled up.
I wonder if this is why Fanny has been so slow to start fixing the grand salon? God knows what they're going to find when they start unpicking that mess. Perhaps that's why Armoire is going to handle it. He can attempt to 'patch' things up when a professional would refuse. I wonder what she will do if it goes way over budget and she loses her patrons...?
I tell you, I lie in bed worrying, tossing and turning and worrying, just worrying!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
In that Project Managers always report to, and follow the directives of executive staff; Stephanie, Philip and the co-owners still retain control.

Stephanie and Philip may enjoy being YouTube creators but it also their jobs, and they do it really, really well. Hell, she invented this YouTube genre!
Wow! This is astounding! News flash…Philip “Snorts” is in no way “executive staff” on par with ANY owners. I can’t see Amaury (or anyone for that matter) taking orders from that little prancing prick.

And…Stephanie “invented” this YouTube genre? Stephanie couldn’t invent her way to the toilet, let alone a genre! 🤢😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I haven't read the whole thing yet.. but has anyone shared this gem from patreon comments yet? 😂

Carol Z
10h
Chloe, while some of what you wrote may get negative blowback on this platform, I do think you’ve raised some valid points, certainly in the benefits of a full time project manager. Given Amaury’s construction background, skills, temperament, fluent French and intelligence - he would be a candidate for this role at least in the short term while the Grand Salon is on hold. Personally, I suspect he’s been functioning in this capacity for a while now on some elements of the renovation. In that Project Managers always report to, and follow the directives of executive staff; Stephanie, Philip and the co-owners still retain control. It’s also quite possible that the videos regarding the more decorative aspects of the Chateau and Stephanie’s trips generate the most views while recruiting/retaining Patrons, hence the most revenue for the restoration. The number of Patrons relative to the number of subscribers is absolutely astounding. Stephanie and Philip may enjoy being YouTube creators but it also their jobs, and they do it really, really well. Hell, she invented this YouTube genre!

Carol Z, how does being the inventor of chateau verse Youtube qualify one to plan, oversee and follow through with a chateau renovation?
At this point Steph looks out of her depth.

Ian was likely joking about the SWAT team. But he was in the US Air Force.
I have no idea.

Reactions: 15
Wow! This is astounding! News flash…Philip “Snorts” is in no way “executive staff” on par with ANY owners. I can’t see Amaury (or anyone for that matter) taking orders from that little prancing prick.

And…Stephanie “invented” this YouTube genre? Stephanie couldn’t invent her way to the toilet, let alone a genre! 🤢😆
Who knew vlogs could have a genre?!? Horror? Suspense? Mystery? I know, drama!!! What a load of old tosh! Someone suggest to Carol Z to check her meds. I think she’s skipped a dose or twelve!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
What is reduced cream in the US?
Google told me this, not sure if it's correct though.

What is reduced cream called in USA?

Table cream is cream that has 18-30 percent milk fat. What is this? This cream is also known as light cream in the United States and single cream in the United Kingdom.1/01/2023

This is what reduced cream looks like here in NZ, comes in a tin and is made by Nestle.
And the onion soup mix I use.
And lemon juice is a must, at a pinch malt vinegar will do if you have no lemons. But most people have a lemon tree in the backyard, or a neighbour who does.

Reactions: 11
Who knew vlogs could have a genre?!? Horror? Suspense? Mystery? I know, drama!!! What a load of old tosh! Someone suggest to Carol Z to check her meds. I think she’s skipped a dose or twelve!
I think Stephanie may have invented the genre “Granny Grift.” 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
In today’s vlog I felt so bad for Pavlina’s seedlings when half of them were just moved away from the window on that table behind the closet. Also from what I understood, the room was used for flower arranging and setting up the seedlings. Surely nobody needed a cute reading nook in that room.
It looks like the staff break room.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I find it wholly ironic that Fanny feels only Patreon funds should go towards the repair and upkeep of HER home (that she owns outright with Larkin and Potts as shareholders.) With the US reaching it's debt ceiling today (the Dems and Republicans are at a stalemate), it's going to affect not only the US people (ganster grannies may not get their Social Security checks, along with military/govt employees/retirees and those on public assistance), but will affect the world economy (which is already a mess.) Once that gravy train of Patreon has dried up, then what is she going to do? She'll be in a crumbling abode full of overpriced tat no one wants, and her hanger-onners will disappear.

Table cream is cream that has 18-30 percent milk fat. What is this? This cream is also known as light cream in the United States and single cream in the United Kingdom.1/01/2023

This is what reduced cream looks like here in NZ, comes in a tin and is made by Nestle.
And lemon juice is a must, at a pinch malt vinegar will do if you have no lemons. But most people have a lemon tree in the backyard, or a neighbour who does.
No no, Google is wrong- it is not at all light cream (which in the US would be a carton of half and half!) It is called "Crema", comes in a tin, and is made by Nestle. I have a few tins in my pantry, so yes, it can be purchased in the US. Oddly, some of the labels say "Crema Mexicana", but it is the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I find it wholly ironic that Fanny feels only Patreon funds should go towards the repair and upkeep of HER home (that she owns outright with Larkin and Potts as shareholders.) With the US reaching it's debt ceiling today (the Dems and Republicans are at a stalemate), it's going to affect not only the US people (ganster grannies may not get their Social Security checks, along with military/govt employees/retirees and those on public assistance), but will affect the world economy (which is already a mess.) Once that gravy train of Patreon has dried up, then what is she going to do? She'll be in a crumbling abode full of overpriced tat no one wants, and her hanger-onners will disappear.

No no, Google is wrong- it is not at all light cream (which in the US would be a carton of half and half!) It is called "Crema", comes in a tin, and is made by Nestle. I have a few tins in my pantry, so yes, it can be purchased in the US. Oddly, some of the labels say "Crema Mexicana", but it is the same thing.
I knew you guys would come through. I did Google it. But was confused

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I watched today’s CD, where is this dumpy room they were working in? I don’t think I’ve seen it before.🤷‍♀️

The Kiwi dip sounds like a fancier version of French onion dip. It’s made with 1 16oz tub of sour cream mixed with 1 packet of French onion soup mix. Best eaten with Ruffles potato chips.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
@lyna
Okay - so the Kiwi Dip is as follows (said in whispery voice so noone else can hear) - just be aware that it's probably THE most easiest dip you have ever heard of, but it tastes devine.
It is a kiwi institution - at birth or naturalisation, you are given the recipe, so consider yourself special.

1 tin of reduced cream
1 packet of instant mushroom soup
1 teaspoon malt vinegar (this can be left out - it's a little bit fancy to add it in)

and wallah - best dip known to humans.
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is reduced cream?

Reactions: 5
@lyna
Okay - so the Kiwi Dip is as follows (said in whispery voice so noone else can hear) - just be aware that it's probably THE most easiest dip you have ever heard of, but it tastes devine.
It is a kiwi institution - at birth or naturalisation, you are given the recipe, so consider yourself special.

1 tin of reduced cream
1 packet of instant mushroom soup
1 teaspoon malt vinegar (this can be left out - it's a little bit fancy to add it in)

and wallah - best dip known to humans.
"wallah"?

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Chloe Hutton
11h
Stephanie I am the one who gave you the advice on the accounting system which I know you found very useful. This time I am going to give you advice on renovating I have done several properties in France and England and you need to be single minded. It doesn't matter whether these antiques were from patreon or not that is your business, but they were not a bargain because you have lost rental on your London flat storing them, plus time and money to travel to go and get them when you literally have so much to do at La Lande. The lake, structural issues with the Chateau and the chapel, the heating, the facade, Gerrys apartment, Nattis apartment, your boudoir, the china pantry the list goes on and on. I think this year if you are serious about restoring the chateau you need to buckle down and get stuff done, not panelling hallways and decorating it with the latest glut of Burleigh but real renovation. Expensive wallpapers and antiques are of course lovely but now you have to store all this again and the grand salon is not going to be ready for a very long time. I know you have so many things to do so please consider getting a project manager so you get stuff done and seen through, that way you can do your travel channel, do the interior design at which you excel and filming whilst someone gets on ploughing through the jobs in the correct order. Employ a team of artisans for the manager to oversee and you will see immense progress and light at the end of the tunnel. Otherwise I fear you are going to do work only to have to re do it again. Not trying to teach my Granny to stick eggs just sharing some experience. I will; probably have a lot of lovely furniture for you later in the year from my Mother's place in France so I will keep you posted-not to mention china but I think you may have enough now LOL cXXXXXX

Carol Z
10h

Oh no that silly woman is going to gift her some of her mother's furniture! Stephanie doesn't excel at interior design at all, she just throws anything together and goes weeee! I love over the top, colourful mish-mash interiors, but hell she just can't get it right. And now the hopeless companion is throwing his two bob's worth in- if he loves the retro era of his grand father then he needs to study up and bloody well learn what that period was about. Tasteless twerp.
When I saw SJ has a ornamental bird cage like mine(mine is a genuine antique!) I automatically thought who would clean that. They are a tit to wipe down- and then the cocktail corner, all those bottles and glasses collecting dust, there's a reason we have glass fronted cabinets for this kind of storage. The place must be revolting.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Sounds like French Onion Dip here in the states. The easy recipe is just sour cream and the dry onion soup mix. Y'all are making me hungry!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.