The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And there is no shame in needing glasses especially as one ages.
I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 5… I must be an old soul 😂😂 (or astigmatic 🤓)

Do you think they are just trying to be quiet and a bit more humble in order to regain people's good opinion? I think for me they have shown their true colours the kitchen renovation for me just showed how it is all about them grifting the very best and having the world's most expensive kitchen.
I agree with this point of view.
When a content creator does something stupid, the stupider move is to walk it back and apologize. The best practice is to keep your head low and let the tempest pass. (From a business perspective of course… and it’s not like they hurt anyone or did something extremely controversial… it was just a bad move)

GOD I cringe when I recall the beauty guru era with apology videos wearing no make up and sobbing in front of the camera!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Believe it or not Obesity has been classified as a disease, all these years being told what to eat how to eat and how to be thin.... and it may be hereditary, hormonal and a disease. It is not as simple as joining weight watchers.... I feel for people who have weight issues and hope that those that don't have some empathy it's a struggle . It's like being told that you can just fix your heart disease, cancer or diabetes by making better food choices it's a struggle
I remember my eldest sister, who had a weight issue for the majority of her adult life (unlike her other 7 siblings not having the exact same issue - granted fluctuations after child birth etc), telling me that over eating is a disease/addiction, much like any other, e.g. smoking/drugs etc! She even told her doctor that 25 years ago too. She was just told to move more and, eat less. BUT, unfortunately, it runs far deeper than just that simple platitude!
I totally agree, body size/height/shape is hereditary but individual BMI is an entirely different issue and in most instances has an underlying deeply hidden reason/cause, unfortunately!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She wasn't fat when they got together.. My ex put on the weight after we married.. The old question "if you love someone it doesn't matter what size they are" Well that's fine if you meet a fatty and love them, but if your partner changes so drastically, I can tell you from experience, it changes everything... they don't have the energy to participate, cleaning, fun with the kids, walking/hiking around theme parks... sex becomes a chore, there self esteem takes a hit so you're always bolstering them up, encouraging them to no avail... and watching them go back for 2nds/3rds at every meal is quite off putting... meals made to freeze for future are non existent... so 'fat shaming' isn't just about "oh they're fat, lets drag them"... it truly puts a burden on the family.
IMO if some one is overweight you can call him overweight. And I can understand your point but being overweight doesn't come overnight, there are sure some other issues and support each other. In a marriage one should work on those issues. You would not leave your partner for another disease like cancer and say, oh she became less energetic and sex was awful. I guess like someone else said, Dan became a dick because he wanted out and she might have become fat to get rid of him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Its indeed very quiet on the chateauversevlogscene.....I think Dan is trying to fill that gap and wants more supporters and followers...They all seem to got into a wintersleep...Offcourse its a bad time to vlog...the weather is bad here, also in France...a lott of rain, wind and snow...The sun doesnt come out all day...this morning i had to use the lights in the house untill 10 o clock...and the next days wont be better...i have to say i just do some paperwork at home, tidy up and clean and take long walks with the dogs to see and inspect the estate..Its so wet and muddy ...The watergovernement has taken actions to keep the water very high in the canals etc, as actions against the dry summers..I have never seen the waterlevel in our pond so high..it almost overflows..Its very difficult to go out with machinery on the land and in the woodland...so if i had been vlogging there was also not much to show...
I can see Dan starting a separate channel for the Chateau.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Or it can be lack of self control, not moving, jumping in a car for everything... fast food... It will be interesting to see if weight will be a problem when we all hit this recession... you rarely saw fat people when I was growing up.
And we ate more meals cooked from scratch. Less or no processed foods.

Did anyone else think that FRK's new pad resembled an ikea showroom, perhaps that's what it was?
I was in Drammen back in 1983, I think I got off the train a stop early thinking I'd reached Oslo. Beautiful country... on my bucket list for a return visit, perhaps in my next (bigger) campervan.

• Haha
I first became aware of Patreon when I used to listen to Game of Thrones prediction and analysis videos. There was this one guy who had a fabulous voice and people were asking him to read passages from the books and other things. He’d also do deep dives on specific characters and events on a Patreon page. I think something like that is what Patreon is for. Not fundraising for renovations.
Alt Shift X?
He’s one of most favourite YouTubers! He does deep dives on many books/shows/movies. Aside from GOT & HOTD, I recommend his Dune video… so good! 👌🏼

IMHO, their new kitchen is completely devoid of any personality/character. Simply just like any other kind of kitchen straight out of a present day magazine feature. Granted, fabulous carpentry skills supplied via Benoit. It took absolutely months to complete and cost a ridiculous fortune too. Will it stand the test of time and in 1/200 years time be considered an historical feature? :unsure: I personally, think NOT!
That kitchen is just so cold and void of coziness… I agree, it’s beautiful! But looks like a model kitchen from a showroom, not someone’s home

I do wonder what kind of power Stephanie has over weirdo men? Although weirdos are the only kind of men in her life. She got two poor, dumb, not that good at anything fellows (Selmar and Dan the gardener) to drop everything and go after the dream of owning a chateau just like her. Maybe it’s actually three, but unbeknownst to Stephanie, Philip is after Lalande. Ok, technically it’s five, with Nic Larkin and Michael Potts, they seem to have money, but still count in my theory. Also, according to what I read here on TL, Stephanie has slept with all of them, gross.
That what we call a magic cooch 😂
But in this case, it’s some sort of dark blood magic 😵

• Haha
  • Heart
Or it can be lack of self control, not moving, jumping in a car for everything... fast food... It will be interesting to see if weight will be a problem when we all hit this recession... you rarely saw fat people when I was growing up.
We are in the middle of a recession. And you would be surprised how much self-control fat people have. And how much they actually exercise carrying those extra kilos around 24/7 not only lifting some kettleball 2 times per week for 15min in a gym. The problem is that there is no energy left to care forthemselves. At the end of the day eating is the only comfort.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
She wasn't fat when they got together.. My ex put on the weight after we married.. The old question "if you love someone it doesn't matter what size they are" Well that's fine if you meet a fatty and love them, but if your partner changes so drastically, I can tell you from experience, it changes everything... they don't have the energy to participate, cleaning, fun with the kids, walking/hiking around theme parks... sex becomes a chore, there self esteem takes a hit so you're always bolstering them up, encouraging them to no avail... and watching them go back for 2nds/3rds at every meal is quite off putting... meals made to freeze for future are non existent... so 'fat shaming' isn't just about "oh they're fat, lets drag them"... it truly puts a burden on the family.
And if they lose a leg or develop arthritis from too much sport etc?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I dove in a watched Manless Dan's latest vlog because it was short. Wow! I was shocked at how cavalier he is in his approach to building. I think he should try out to become a film stuntman if he's willing to take those kind of risks. Just curious, did he put any rebar in those building blocks? I know France is not prone to earthquakes but that doesn't mean it will never happen, the ground can shift for other reasons too as we have witnessed at the HMN. Also, are those type of building bricks normal for residential houses in France or is just a cheap way to build? He will need to use some very good insulation to keep that room warm. Why the very small windows? The completely glass door was a poor choice for an external door. That would be more appropriate for a business where you want people to look in, not a home. I don't know much about building, but this is the first time I've seen someone put a door in with having finished at least the walls. It looks like he's just winging it and not using a blueprint or plan. I see many structural problems ahead. Side note, that man has absolutely no butt! He will literally be sitting on his bones in a few years. He also looks like he's aged quite a bit recently, looks like he's hit 40. Of course, no sun protection of any sort will do that.
Yep, you reviewed it all correctly. DTM is a complete idiot - nothing new to see there then, was there?
Why doesn't he just order all his building requirements in one go, pay the delivery rate (if he can go on holiday then he can afford that - simples), which would ultimately alleviate the multitude of unnecessary trips/time and wear and tear on Annalise's car too?

Just out of interest, did anyone else notice that one of Dan's sons asked him, when he collected them from school, whether they were going home in Dan's new car - Dan's answered, "no, mum's car". After which Dan featured a shot of Annalise's messy car. Christ, he is just so juvenile/immature. 🤮 For the record, my car never looked like that when my son was young BUT, I have many friends whose cars did - whatever was always my reaction - each to their own!

I had thought I had earlier seen a really shiny, new'ish white car in his vlog too. Especially as the green van has given up the ghost. Where on earth is he getting all his money from is my question to buy new teeth, a ruin, go on holiday, buy a car, a new editing laptop, rent somewhere to live and still pay parental maintenance for his sons? Surely Patreon isn't doing all that and from the lack of his recent YT vlogs, neither is YT doing so either. :unsure:

Reactions: 12
Excellently black humour. I love this film. Can't wait to see the Banshees of Inisherin. These two, Gleeson and Farrel, are made for each other.

And, of course, fat shaming is wrong...
um - no spoilers but I've just seen the Banshees of Inisherin - it was a birthday treat from my mates. Let's just say Belinda is no longer allowed to choose the movie. :oops: Abeit she did the right/usual thing and checked out the reviews - they were all glowing and to be fair it's an extremely well made movie but I recommend taking a seratonin hit for after the movie.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I do wonder what kind of power Stephanie has over weirdo men? Although weirdos are the only kind of men in her life. She got two poor, dumb, not that good at anything fellows (Selmar and Dan the gardener) to drop everything and go after the dream of owning a chateau just like her. Maybe it’s actually three, but unbeknownst to Stephanie, Philip is after Lalande. Ok, technically it’s five, with Nic Larkin and Michael Potts, they seem to have money, but still count in my theory. Also, according to what I read here on TL, Stephanie has slept with all of them, gross.
:unsure: A new STD ?
contagious chateauritis (Castellitis contagiosa)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That kitchen is just so cold and void of coziness… I agree, it’s beautiful! But looks like a model kitchen from a showroom, not someone’s home
Exactly how I feel about it too. It is so not a family "heart of the home" type of kitchen at all - far too clinical!
TBH, I feel that they are renovating that property, totally through Patreon, in order to sell on in the not too distant future. Simply to fund the purchasing of a sailing vessel in order to travel around the world, with Anna home schooling the girls throughout, and her and Philip vlogging the entire experience. That is their 5-year plan, no doubt about it! :rolleyes:

um - no spoilers but I've just seen the Banshees of Inisherin - it was a birthday treat from my mates. Let's just say Belinda is no longer allowed to choose the movie. :oops: Abeit she did the right/usual thing and checked out the reviews - they were all glowing and to be fair it's an extremely well made movie but I recommend taking a seratonin hit for after the movie.
Yep, I 100% agree with you. Was expecting so much more, but, ultimately - just shite! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
TBH, I feel that they are renovating that property, totally through Patreon, in order to sell on in the not too distant future. Simply to fund the purchasing of a sailing vessel in order to travel around the world, with Anna home schooling the girls throughout, and her and Philip vlogging the entire experience. That is their 5-year plan, no doubt about it! :rolleyes:
Yes, it’s not their first time to renovate and sell for profit. They also don’t seem all too interested in the chateau life style, so I absolutely don’t see them staying there for more than 5 years. Just enough to renovate the gites and sell to someone who wants to run it as a venue.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We are in the middle of a recession. And you would be surprised how much self-control fat people have. And how much they actually exercise carrying those extra kilos around 24/7 not only lifting some kettleball 2 times per week for 15min in a gym. The problem is that there is no energy left to care forthemselves. At the end of the day eating is the only comfort.
Gawd I don't want to make this thread all about over eating.. I agree, but imagine being the partner.. your partner comes home, sleeps, sits... exhausted from dragging all that weight all day let alone the affects of sugar etc in everything they eat.. So family are not included in their time, they want to eat and sit on the couch... I remember every new years eve for several years, I took the boys snow tubing, 4 hr pass in the afternoon, dinner, then to the town party, fireworks, ice-skating, band etc... I always did it alone because my partner would say "I can't drag around out in the cold all day" "That's a long time outside" etc... so we can make excuses all day long about how hard it is for heavy people to participate, but lets not forget the burden it puts on the partner.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Yes, it’s not their first time to renovate and sell for profit. They also don’t seem all too interested in the chateau life style, so I absolutely don’t see them staying there for more than 5 years. Just enough to renovate the gites and sell to someone who wants to run it as a venue.
Precisely! You don't need to pretend to be a born again Einstein to reach that conclusion, do we? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've been resisting commenting on the fat issue up until now. I have struggled with my weight my entire adult and much of my adolescent life. It's no fun being overweight to the point of feeling bad about oneself. I have dieted, and exercised to the point of exhaustion. I once lost 70 pounds in 9 months, it just about killed me and I gained all of it back. I have gone to therapy, read self help books, been scolded by doctors, bribed and shamed by my parents and other family members to no avail. I admit that I have a food addiction issue. It started when I was very young. I was rewarded with food and learned to soothe myself with chocolate. I love to cook and I love to eat, but that's not the problem. I'm not into fat shaming anyone but I also don't normalize being fat. We are not meant to be fat like walruses and other animals that make their habitat in very cold environments. When I go to the doctor, all my numbers are good except the scale. I know I'm playing roulette with my health as one day I may develop a fat related disease. I keep trying. I know I can do it. It's just the doing of it on a daily basis for the rest of my life. The motivating drive I have is I love really nice clothes. I have several beautiful pieces in my wardrobe just waiting for me to fit into them. I'm right in between the high end of missus and plus size and I'm very stubborn and won't buy the plus size clothing. It also never fits me correctly anyway in the neck and shoulders. I do believe that my food addiction problem is the same problem for most, if not all, obese people. Everyone has to eat, so it's not like you can just stop like with alcohol or drugs. Wish me well, fellow Tattlers I really appreciate all of you. Merci!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
It's fascinating, isn't it? And it's even more people than you mention. Stephanie Jarvis' former guardians Frank and Ivo, when I knew them, were pretty hell bend on getting their own chateau too, even when it was very clear they would never get the money for it. I am very glad they wised up and chose a different lifestyle, but I'm still flabbergasted that at that time they actually believed it to be a viable plan when it clearly wasn't. Contagious as hell, that charlataine.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
And if they lose a leg or develop arthritis from too much sport etc?
Or get old and sick, life isn’t all roses if you love someone then it doesn’t matter if they change, physically, Love isn’t love that alters when alterations finds

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.