The Chateau Diaries #208 Dan who is not the man akka "Manless Dan"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree 100%. When I was working and had a cleaning person (a friend, actually), I spent a good hour the night before she was coming over, putting stuff away and tidying up. My husband thought I was nuts, but I wanted her to really clean and not have a bunch of stuff in the way. Believe it or not, I also didn't have her clean the toilets. I felt like that was the "resident's" responsibility, and made sure my husband and kids cleaned any "messes" they made). I miss those days. 😆 I'm retired now and cannot justify the expense of hiring a cleaning person, (for a much smaller place, I might add), all because I'm feeling lazy these days. Although to be fair to my dear little self, I have had a significant back injury for the last 18 months, and haven't been able to do much.

Not that anyone here knows me, but I believe there are many kind-hearted people here (we haters are actually not a bad bunch...). I am sharing that my mother just passed away this afternoon. I had just spent the last 20 hours, sitting with her, whispering to her, holding her hand, sponging her raging fever, suctioning her... and came home to take a nap and shower and she passed while I was gone. She was not alone, but as her closest family member, I was her everything so it feels pretty bad. The hospice nurse told me that it happens because people don't want their loved ones to be there. I know that's how it was with my dad--he waited until the one evening my mom went home (after six months of never leaving his side!) and he died that night. So, I'm here on tattle, trying to escape sadness and yet I'm writing about it. This week will be tough, but after three months of craziness, worry, and sadness, I will be ready to get back to some aspect of normalcy. She was 92. May Bonnie rest In peace and be with all her loved ones who went before her.❤ Thanks for letting me do a little personal derail.
1673947050512.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22
"Their" latest vlog just popped up in my queue, and many MANY viewers are asking the same question as well: Where ARE Angelina and Lightning?!? I sadly found myself pausing on the shots of the moat (I read far too many crime books), and Phil just faffs on and about inspecting the damage to the chateau without addressing the elephant in the room. Her departure was so sudden and unexplained- even if she left him, or just needed a breather, or popped off to tend to a sick relative, all he had to do was explain, "Angelina and Lightning have departed on a short-notice trip to the UK/another Chateau/etc." But, Phil ignoring the fact his wife and dog are missing is very odd and bizarre. While I have no need for the details of what is going on in their personal life, it just seems creepy and odd with Phil carrying on "business as usual" without explaining his wife's absence. (Or even a check-in from Angelina- "Thank you for the concern- we are fine and just had an unexpected trip.") Phil, man up- you've put your life on a public platform for the world to see (and you are getting paid for it)- don't be surprised when the authorities show up because your viewers are concerned about the disappearance of your wife (who they like better than you). They know where you live, jackass.
Maybe he is ignoring the concerns to generate more views, he used to moan about people not being subscribed.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
tumblr_inline_mjj721zv9b1rg4uy0540.gif

Stephanie Waters
55 minutes ago
Mary! What amazing creations! I don’t even know how you managed it! Beautiful gifts from everyone. Philip: I like the scroll at the bottom-but it was a little too fast for me. Steph-I could use a vlog that spends some time on each of Mary’s creations. I’m so curious what the rest of them look like!
caroline gooder
16 minutes ago
Go to the description. It has from the beginning to Nov 2022. Watch the ads.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I came across this fool at the start of lockdown. Watched a few episodes and had to stop... He's so precious. Phillipa would love to be him rather than servicing a lunatic older woman in a collapsing farmhouse in the middle of the French bush 😁😁😁
i dont think two of those gay tablecloths together...will work... 🙄 :LOL: maybe if Phillippa had a few millions....

• Haha
People dream. Their imaginations were sparked by some gardening, DIY and cooking gurus, especially on the Internet. Well, social networks are full of false promises.
I once cooked homemade ketchup (inspired by a TV program). I did it. I poured ketchup into jars, arranged the jars with a nice lid and label and everything looked great. When I was done with work, I took a picture (not the jars) of the mess in the kitchen (because the bloody TV didn't say that ketchup is spraying everywhere, and you can't cover the pot because you have to stir) and posted it on social media with a message. It's easy to film cooking ketchup for a TV show when behind the camera 20 assistants run into the space every now and then and clean everything up.
Or. A wonderful show about gardening motivated me to create my own organic garden. With our TV gardener, everything was like a fairy tale, and it was impossible to walk through my garden because of the weeds. Not to mention diseases and pests. Our TV gardener had a garden that was not close to the house, but kilometers away from the place of residence, and she "sold" the story that with various organic gardening techniques, you can have a garden where you won't break your back.
I found out on one forum that she has five employed gardeners and a bunch of machinery provided by her sponsors.
I don't watch that show anymore.
my father used to say...het bezit van de zaak is het einde van het vermaak...it means something like....when you live your dream...there is nothing left to dream about...and reality is always different than the dream...owning a big house is very different than dreaming about one...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Phillipa is straight. He'd like to be gay or bi but the gay guys rejected him. I bet there are lots of women swooning for him though. Gays are notoriously fussy.
Straight???????????????? I think not. No way.,impossible. Gay, trans, hermaphrodite yes, but certainly not straight.

• Haha
View attachment 1888969

Stephanie Waters
55 minutes ago
Mary! What amazing creations! I don’t even know how you managed it! Beautiful gifts from everyone. Philip: I like the scroll at the bottom-but it was a little too fast for me. Steph-I could use a vlog that spends some time on each of Mary’s creations. I’m so curious what the rest of them look like!
caroline gooder
16 minutes ago
Go to the description. It has from the beginning to Nov 2022. Watch the ads.
Çaroline “No Gooder” has rapidly reached obsessive stalker territory with her detailed knowledge to quickly answer every question from viewers and her zeal to instruct viewers to “watch the ads” in order to provide F4F with more ad money to use for rarely verified transactional “donations” to “charities” which provide backdoor benefits to Fanny personally. Who knows if some of the “donations” were ever actually paid by F4F. She usually shows no proof of donations, and just merely “talks” about making donations.

And, as we all know, under modified Rule No. 1 at Lie Lande, if Fanny’s lips are moving or if she is typing, there is a more 75% chance she is lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I for one, often think I'm not elegantly living enough and I'm off to starch my napkins. Thank you Nicki - thank you. :)
I often wonder how I'd manage without Kitchen roll :unsure:

Practically his first video showed him being mean to Annalise in the brico.
She was also leaving the farm house one day whilst he was up a ladder and his lack of response to her going was contemptuous... couldn't even fake it for the camera...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Pippin, it sounds like you have had a very tough past few days and especially difficult past 24 hours. I am so sorry for your loss. I know your mother felt comforted by your presence and heard every word you whispered to her. Please be kind to yourself.

Hopefully, some of the experiences below may provide you with some comfort about your mother’s last few hours and passing today:

My father waited until I had left the room to take his last breath. I had been on night duty with my Dad and a nurse for the last 22 nights of his hospice care at the family home he shared with my narc mom, his wife of 53 years. He had been essentially comatose and unresponsive the last 3 days of his life.

My Dad had a very difficult time during the night hours and could not sleep until the last 3 days where he was non responsive. He died of small cell carcinoma of the prostate, a very aggressive cancer.

One thing my Dad and I discussed before his final days in hospice care was a passage I had read in a book about a mother’s experience in watching her profoundly disabled son die in a hospice setting. They were incredibly close in life as he relied upon his mother to do everything for him.

The mother watched as his breaths grew more and more shallow and erratic as her son edged closer to death. After the son had passed, he quickly communicated with his mother and explained to her what it was like to die, and that with each breath he skipped while in his body here on earth during the dying process, he was taking a breath in heaven and that as his breathing grew more shallow on earth, he was breathing more fully on the side of heaven and was joyfully and painlessly completing his transition to the other side. He explained that he could hear every word she spoke, even when he was considered comatose, and was very comforted by her presence and grateful for the care and love she had given him thru out his lifetime.

So, during the first few days of his hospice care, I asked Dad if this was true and that is what he experienced when he passed, to give me a sign after he died. On the 22nd night of hospice, I had just left my father’s room after administering a final dose of morphine and a couple of minutes after I passed thru the bedroom door, the nurse called me back and said he is gone. So I went back into the bedroom and lifted up his little Shih Tzu Gidget to the hospital bed to say her final goodbye to my Dad, who had just passed away. After a few minutes, I said, okay Dad, is what the disabled young man said to his mother true with you. Did you have the same experience?

The new light bulb in the bedroom lamp next to his hospital bed in the bedroom suddenly blew out/ burnt out and went dark and the overhead lights in the room forcefully flickered twice. The nurse freaked out, but I think Dad was confirming that he had the same type of experience as the young man.

I think it is possible your mom had a similar experience and a joyful transition to heaven. I know she was grateful and appreciate for all you have done for her.
There is a you tube channel by a Hospice nurse it's actually called Hospice Nurse Julie and she explains what she has experienced with end of life patients. The idea of the channel is to allay peoples fears about dying. The actual dying is new to us all until we each reach that stage, yes we have eperienced grief and the loss of a loved one but none of know what the final stages of death are. She explains things that occur and experiences she has witnessed that even she can't explain but she has witnessed and feels that life does continue just elsewhere.. Obviousy this channel could be too raw for a recent loss but many of her followers have been people who are scared of death, some will be dealing with their own forthcoming passing and some are people who just want some answers as to why certain things happen. It is not a miserable vlog and there are reveals of spiritual moments... I think she is based in California and I would certainly want her on my team.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Gift grab Mummy also thinks Ruby is a girl and PhiPhi says " we all have to have patience in the grand salon with the walls having to come down?? Was it ever mentioned the walls were coming down? I know falling down but he said "coming down"
I tried watching the grabeau. Snorts was trying….to but in and generally monopolise the conversation. It was unbearable. However…..the sofa gang seemed to talk louder and incessantly so he struggled to be heard. Good. He is like a toddler commenting on banal things to keep him relevant. It didn’t work.

As for the desire to be chateau owners…. I don’t know what it is they are aspiring to. . ? None of them understand the running costs or how to maintain a home , woods and gardens. Apart from Fanny’s hanger ons they also don’t have big parties to need the space. BTW entertaining is expensive for endless weekend parties too…..
Laundry and cleaning costs…no wonder Fanny gets her guests to bring food.

Madness

Thinking the same thing.

Starched table napkins have their place.
I'd to like see Mr Elegance dealing with a hamburger or ribs using one.
He would be using a knife and fork if he was forced to eat such food😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thinking the same thing.

Starched table napkins have their place.
I'd to like see Mr Elegance dealing with a hamburger or ribs using one.
A girl I used to work with once asked me what I used Kitchen roll for as she never bought it... How can you live without kitchen roll, it has multiple purposes, from mopping up spills, removing condensation from windows, even cleaning windows, wiping sticky little fingers, using instead of a sideplate for a sandwich (saves the washing up) the list goes on and it's recyclable.

• Wow
  • Sad
I agree 100%. When I was working and had a cleaning person (a friend, actually), I spent a good hour the night before she was coming over, putting stuff away and tidying up. My husband thought I was nuts, but I wanted her to really clean and not have a bunch of stuff in the way. Believe it or not, I also didn't have her clean the toilets. I felt like that was the "resident's" responsibility, and made sure my husband and kids cleaned any "messes" they made). I miss those days. 😆 I'm retired now and cannot justify the expense of hiring a cleaning person, (for a much smaller place, I might add), all because I'm feeling lazy these days. Although to be fair to my dear little self, I have had a significant back injury for the last 18 months, and haven't been able to do much.

Not that anyone here knows me, but I believe there are many kind-hearted people here (we haters are actually not a bad bunch...). I am sharing that my mother just passed away this afternoon. I had just spent the last 20 hours, sitting with her, whispering to her, holding her hand, sponging her raging fever, suctioning her... and came home to take a nap and shower and she passed while I was gone. She was not alone, but as her closest family member, I was her everything so it feels pretty bad. The hospice nurse told me that it happens because people don't want their loved ones to be there. I know that's how it was with my dad--he waited until the one evening my mom went home (after six months of never leaving his side!) and he died that night. So, I'm here on tattle, trying to escape sadness and yet I'm writing about it. This week will be tough, but after three months of craziness, worry, and sadness, I will be ready to get back to some aspect of normalcy. She was 92. May Bonnie rest In peace and be with all her loved ones who went before her.❤ Thanks for letting me do a little personal derail.
Oh goodness how sad. What a privilege you felt able to share it with us. Sending courage especially for the next few days
D

• Heart
Reactions: 15
to use for rarely verified transactional “donations” to “charities” which provide backdoor benefits to Fanny personally. Who knows if some of the “donations” were ever actually paid by F4F.
Don't worry, this is exactly the sort of thing that the French tax authority will be looking into.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve often thought the same especially when I use to watch programs like escape to the sun. Why would you uproot your children like that, terribly selfish and why do people in mid life want so much quiet, sounds boring. There was another uk program where the host tried to help hapless folks that bought property overseas it was mind boggling the crazy problems, one couple thought they were buying a cave dwelling and had literally bought a hole under a subdivision in Spain
I used to enjoy Escape to the Sun but now I can't watch it... very rarely does anyone ever buy anything and when they do, they want the properties for next to nothing because they need to bring it up to their own spec...the presenters entertain them selves and Jasmine Charmains (is that her name) voice reaches new pitch levels, ear torture. I have decided that I am done with all the crap that is being passed off as entertainment. I'm going to find a retreat somewhere and hug trees.

• Haha
  • Heart
I used to enjoy Escape to the Sun but now I can't watch it... very rarely does anyone ever buy anything and when they do, they want the properties for next to nothing because they need to bring it up to their own spec...the presenters entertain them selves and Jasmine Charmains (is that her name) voice reaches new pitch levels, ear torture. I have decided that I am done with all the crap that is being passed off as entertainment. I'm going to find a retreat somewhere and hug trees.
Shall we go together?
Actually, I know a few and they are often bliss.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.