The Chateau Diaries #206 Shut it, Cameraman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, my lovelies, I wrote a T Rex Take, and my MacBook Pro decided to die on me. (It's either an issue with the battery, the charger, or a dirty connector.) So instead of the novel, I'll just hit some recaps: Potts and the epiphany cake- YES! Fanny was really out of sorts he put multiple charms in it (she makes sure she gets the charm every year), and her flat remark of, "Everyone is a winner" did not go unnoticed. No, Fanny, the true winner was Potts! "Fanny Explains"- she opens the HelloFresh box (video's sponsor) and states she has been eating so much candy, biscuits and fried food and just needed to make a healthy meal. The risotto she made contained a brick of cream cheese and a TON of parmesan. IJ (who claims she does not drink) is once again shown drinking wine at lunch, cocktails at dinner (she did not like Snorts' bottled mojitos), and champers. Marina Kim (the Russian) is an old friend of Fanny's. The Tattler who observed the choice of champers was correct- it was 2 bottles of Dom Perignon. It was certainly a party of excess- with the world economy as it is, people suffering, and Fanny crying poor that she does not have enough $ to make the repairs, it was truly in poor taste. When dinner was finished, Fanny filmed the table of empty dishes- who cleaned up the mess, or did it actually stay on the table until the next day? No cleanup was to be seen- just a lot of drunken "adults" awkwardly dancing while a teenage girl sat on the sofa with her phone looking bored AF. My takes: Potts and Ruth were wise beyond their years to leave. Fanny did nothing other than to slather some cream cheese and fish on baguette slices as an appetizer offering and gather champers, while IJ heated up some mini mince pies from Tesco. This is Fanny's house- yet she treats her guests as if they are her hired help!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Perhaps we are! We raised our family in Grosse Pointe Park then moved out west for a little adventure when the kids were grown and had moved away. Now, all the kids (and now two grandkids, and another one "pending") are back in the neighborhood, along with my mother who is terminally ill and living in Saint Clair Shores. I'm so glad we made the move back here this past summer--I cannot imagine trying to navigate this hospice journey with her and still be living in Oregon. There is a divine plan. We came back here because we were needed, but it was actually before we even knew we were going to be needed. ❤ We're back home to stay now. Hello neighbor!
We are, indeed, neighbors! 😮 I'm at the Southend of SCS!!! My dear family member was in need of hospice at the onset of the pandemic lockdown. She lived downtown so it was an easy pack up of me and two cats. I was able to allow my loved one the comfort of passing away in her home....made even more of a comfort during that horrific time. Hospice basically dropped off everything we needed and the meds came by FedEx so I only saw the nurse three times. (And the police once when she insisted she was getting off the bed and walking to the bathroom....trying anyway. I couldn't lift her and had to call for an assist. They were so busy in those early days but were so gracious and kind to both of us!) Still, they are a Godsend and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. All the best to you in your journey!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What a dull NY Eve affair. Only family stayed to endure the evening (Mummy, Percy, Natti's family and perhaps Snorty's camera-shy parents). Everyone else from Christmas has escaped the shitoo. Only 3 guests - Snorty's boy friend and the couple from Bordeaux who Fanny somehow roped into cooking dinner.

Also filmed over separate days as Fanny wouldn't have cake for breakfast, plus another breakfast of crepes (not pancakes) cooked by Natti, plus prepare a lunch for Mummy & Percy and finish with a big NY Eve dinner - it all would not happen all on the same day.

80's my ass! I can't decide whether Fanny resembled Mrs. Haversham or the Bride of Frankenstein on NY Eve - it's a toss up.

What vlog was he playing pool and piano??? I think I missed it
This weeks patron video.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
he is more akin to a butler which sort of fits in with her concept of being the princess of the chateau.
Bad Love Butler

What a dull NY Eve affair. Only family stayed to endure the evening (Mummy, Percy, Natti's family and perhaps Snorty's camera-shy parents). Everyone else from Christmas has escaped the shitoo. Only 3 guests - Snorty's boy friend and the couple from Bordeaux who Fanny somehow roped into cooking dinner.

Also filmed over separate days as Fanny wouldn't have cake for breakfast, plus another breakfast of crepes (not pancakes) cooked by Natti, plus prepare a lunch for Mummy & Percy and finish with a big NY Eve dinner - it all would not happen all on the same day.

80's my ass! I can't decide whether Fanny resembled Mrs. Haversham or the Bride of Frankenstein on NY Eve - it's a toss up.

This weeks patron video.
We are left out because we refuse to pay

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We are perhaps neighbors! I've always come back home to Michigan.
Perhaps we are! We raised our family in Grosse Pointe Park then moved out west for a little adventure when the kids were grown and had moved away. Now, all the kids (and now two grandkids, and another one "pending") are back in the neighborhood, along with my mother who is terminally ill and living in Saint Clair Shores. I'm so glad we made the move back here this past summer--I cannot imagine trying to navigate this hospice journey with her and still be living in Oregon. There is a divine plan. We came back here because we were needed, but it was actually before we even knew we were going to be needed. ❤ We're back home to stay now. Hello neighbor!
My secret biological grandfather that I uncovered through AncestryDNA a few years ago, lived in South Haven, Michigan.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I guess Fanny gets a kick out of having to deal with that birds nest of hair so she can trot it out for parties. But seriously, she really doesn’t have the hair for it. I have a little bit of advice for her. Chop it off. It’s a mess honey. It’s making you look haggard. You need to just let the youngs have the spotlight. You now need to satisfy yourself with being the classy lady in the room. A classy lady doesn’t have fried blonde hair that’s too long for the hair to look good. A classy lady can have bottle blonde, but she needs to take care of it and not style it beyond its abilities. You’d be much better off and far more chic if you you cut your stick straight hair into a bob or a lob. Color away if you must, but just chop it. A little French bob would be a much better fit for you. You might even look ten years younger. It certainly wouldn’t be fried.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

This weeks patron video.
Oy there!!! Fanny could never look as faboo as I do! Nor would I loan her a dress. Unless I was planning to burn it after!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thank you @KyBourbon and @Lady Avonlea for the response , I thought I missed it in the latest video. Patreon video makes sense. So I caught something in the NYE
Video. IJ says "I don't drink alcohol". I think she means straight alcohol. Eg. Vodka, rum Not wine, champagne.... Which makes better sense because she drinks wine all the time. She is calling " spirits" alcohol.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Good grief, meanwhile on "Pug Life" (I will admit it- I watched it just for the pugs, and have renamed the channel), the pugs were ridiculous, but what is wrong with Ricardo and Andrew? Have neither of these buffoons actually ever owned a dog before? That is the absolute wrong leash for two small dogs (they make much better ones). The tiny pack did a ton of walking but there was no footage at all showing them offering them water (dog owners KNOW what I am talking about- dogs NEED a lot of hydration. I carry a collapsable water bowl and dog water bottle filled with ice water (it has a convenient drinking bowl- they sell them for like $12 on Amazon). I about fell over when Andrew fed them hot dogs- I hope you carry baby wipes, idiot- between this and feeding them off of your plate, not only are you teaching them bad manners but those little jokers are going to have the 'scoots', and will scooch their little behinds on your white couches and Hermes blankets. Poor pups!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
What’s fannys secret to getting her guests to provide and cook the meals??? I didn’t know who that couple was I had never seen them before but here they were in the kitchen like catering staff. Who does that!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
What’s fannys secret to getting her guests to provide and cook the meals??? I didn’t know who that couple was I had never seen them before but here they were in the kitchen like catering staff. Who does that!!!
I'd be pretty horrified if any of my guests showed up with groceries to cook meals for their stay! But I do have to chuckle- a dear friend of ours stays with us quite often, and one morning, I awoke to find he had just vanished- the guest bedroom was empty and he left without a note- no word! I was shocked- "Why would he just leave without saying goodbye?!?" and proceeded to cook Mr. T Rex brekkie. No sooner than I finished cooking, our friend returned, "I woke up at 6AM, and couldn't go back to sleep, so went on a quest for bagels so you wouldn't have to cook- but I had to drive a bit as there are not any bagel places in your town. Did Mr. T Rex not get my text?" Mr. T Rex, "Oh hey, look! There's a text!" SMH.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Good grief, meanwhile on "Pug Life" (I will admit it- I watched it just for the pugs, and have renamed the channel), the pugs were ridiculous, but what is wrong with Ricardo and Andrew? Have neither of these buffoons actually ever owned a dog before? That is the absolute wrong leash for two small dogs (they make much better ones). The tiny pack did a ton of walking but there was no footage at all showing them offering them water (dog owners KNOW what I am talking about- dogs NEED a lot of hydration. I carry a collapsable water bowl and dog water bottle filled with ice water (it has a convenient drinking bowl- they sell them for like $12 on Amazon). I aboPut fell over when Andrew fed them hot dogs- I hope you carry baby wipes, idiot- between this and feeding them off of your plate, not only are you teaching them bad manners but those little jokers are going to have the 'scoots', and will scooch their little behinds on your white couches and Hermes blankets. Poor pups!
That meat they feed those poor pugs is not good for them.
You need to keep pugs on the skinny side and not fat!!! They will get very bad breathing issues and too much fat leads to painful pancreatitis !!
No bloody water .
I can see those dogs in a pug rescue when they are too hard to deal with as those medical issues need special care and meds.
All for just showing off !!! :devilish:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Good grief, meanwhile on "Pug Life" (I will admit it- I watched it just for the pugs, and have renamed the channel), the pugs were ridiculous, but what is wrong with Ricardo and Andrew? Have neither of these buffoons actually ever owned a dog before? That is the absolute wrong leash for two small dogs (they make much better ones). The tiny pack did a ton of walking but there was no footage at all showing them offering them water (dog owners KNOW what I am talking about- dogs NEED a lot of hydration. I carry a collapsable water bowl and dog water bottle filled with ice water (it has a convenient drinking bowl- they sell them for like $12 on Amazon). I about fell over when Andrew fed them hot dogs- I hope you carry baby wipes, idiot- between this and feeding them off of your plate, not only are you teaching them bad manners but those little jokers are going to have the 'scoots', and will scooch their little behinds on your white couches and Hermes blankets. Poor pups!
The poor pugs will end up as heavy as he is and have all kinds of problems. We don’t allow our dogs any people food until they are in at least their fifties. They can have beer when they are 21. But no liquor. They can have whatever the hell they want in their 80’s and 90’s. We will even supply drugs if they need them at that age, but not a day earlier, except for vitamins and preventatives. Whatever they steal they can keep, however, if it is poisonous I go in after it and repossess it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I made the mistake of violating my senses with a snippet of CLL NYE...and my thoughts exactly....who invites guests to their home and has them bring and prepare the meal? The Norma Desmond/Blanche DuBois of France, that's who. And it didn't surprise me to see Armoire being roped into another hopeless project while he is looking more and more disheveled and spent - he's aged about 10 years in 2022. And Nutty is as vapid and devoid of charm and wit as ever. And I had to look away when phi phi appeared with his black nail polish, flouncing over old dishes and bad mixed drinks and doing absolutely NOTHING else. My big question is WHY THE HELL DOES SHE NEED HELLO FRESH?! She lives in France for F$%&#s sake. She can drive 15 minutes in any direction and get the best produce anywhere in the world but now she wants it delivered from a supply chain production facility using god knows how many unnecessary natural resources. And mummy dearest looked over the moon, faking her way through that lunch thinking, 'finally my silly daughter is making something of herself now that she has real corporate sponsors'. It just gets worse and worse as she dons glittery dresses and 80 hairdos while Rome burns all around her. Pathetic. An absolutely pathetic display of greed, waste and grift. Kudos to you tattlers for continuing to expose her - but honestly, I don't know how much longer you can stomach it. Unless Eugene Levy picks this up as a parody, I don't know what value it has anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Clara. . . . .is the Snatch and Snorts romance real? Your thoughts?!
I find this one hard to answer, because it could go either way: Yes, it became real the moment they started to believe it is and no, it's fake because it is not based on any real feelings or commitments. But knowing the self-love of Stephanie Jarvis does not allow any contesters and every aspect of her actual life has been carefully arranged to look like something else, my money is on Snorts speaking the truth this time: romance is dead. Romance has never been alive even.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.