The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with you .
I have had 4 pekingese and one pug in my life ..... the first Peke lived to 16 years and died of heart failure ..... my second and third died from pulmonary hypertension and they were around 9 years. They were both breeding Peke's and I adopted them when they were not wanted to breed because of uterine infections.... so I saved them.
The owner liked the very pushed in face and brought back breeding Peke's from the US where they love to breed them very small and very pushed in faces. My first Pekingese was not from that breeder and so her face was not so pushed in and could breath so much better! 16 years is a great life for a dog ,especially a Peke.
I consider Yum Yum a rescue as I got him from that same breeder.... he was born and living and with us he will have a good life as we know what operations he could have if needed and we will do it.
My pug was not so pushed in but she died of cancer and not breathing issues.
Even cross breeds can be breed badly .
I am not happy the way Pekingese are going .... too small and pushed in. I can say the same for Shih Tzu's too.
I hate docking of tails and ears ..... its illegal here in Australia now but many country's still do it and its for looks only too.
Yes the imperial Shitzuh. So sad. They have almost flat faces. The snorting and huffing they do just to breathe. So selfish and cruel of humans.
my little friend is 7/8 Maltese and 1/8 shitzuh. Cute bear face but no health issues. He has the best food and holidays.
Those pugs of the puffs … faces are too flat and the are breathing like the big puff

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I agree with you .
I have had 4 pekingese and one pug in my life ..... the first Peke lived to 16 years and died of heart failure ..... my second and third died from pulmonary hypertension and they were around 9 years. They were both breeding Peke's and I adopted them when they were not wanted to breed because of uterine infections.... so I saved them.
The owner liked the very pushed in face and brought back breeding Peke's from the US where they love to breed them very small and very pushed in faces. My first Pekingese was not from that breeder and so her face was not so pushed in and could breath so much better! 16 years is a great life for a dog ,especially a Peke.
I consider Yum Yum a rescue as I got him from that same breeder.... he was born and living and with us he will have a good life as we know what operations he could have if needed and we will do it.
My pug was not so pushed in but she died of cancer and not breathing issues.
Even cross breeds can be breed badly .
I am not happy the way Pekingese are going .... too small and pushed in. I can say the same for Shih Tzu's too.
I hate docking of tails and ears ..... its illegal here in Australia now but many country's still do it and its for looks only too.
Due to my earlier sporting career I have damaged knees. Both bone on bone and waiting for knee replacements. After these have been done I am hoping to get a rescue dog or 2. Probably small ones this time as I’m downsizing this year🤞.
Because of this I follow a dog rescue page on Facebook, I can’t believe the increase of dogs being taken in during the latter part of this year. It really is upsetting.
Below are photos of the dogs rescued in December.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Honestly, I thought he would be kicked out some time ago but he must "know" stuff that makes it hard for her to do !
I dont think Phillip is going anywhere, anytime soon. He's playing a long game, he's ingratiated himself to an emotionally stunted spoiled brat, and by now I'm sure he knows where some of the bodies are buried. Stephanie is stupid and sloppy, and when legal problems arise I believe Phillip will turn on her in a heartbeat to save his own ass. The LaLande mafia were able to pacify simpleton Selmar, but it won't be that easy with Philip....

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes the imperial Shitzuh. So sad. They have almost flat faces. The snorting and huffing they do just to breathe. So selfish and cruel of humans.
my little friend is 7/8 Maltese and 1/8 shitzuh. Cute bear face but no health issues. He has the best food and holidays.
Those pugs of the puffs … faces are too flat and the are breathing like the big puff
If you look at very old photos ( Victorian times etc ) of pugs, peke's , shih tzu's etc you will see they have longer noses...... its the fad of bloody "Teacup" and more pushed in faces that has done this .... and I forgot about persian cats too !

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Due to my earlier sporting career I have damaged knees. Both bone on bone and waiting for knee replacements. After these have been done I am hoping to get a rescue dog or 2. Probably small ones this time as I’m downsizing this year🤞.
Because of this I follow a dog rescue page on Facebook, I can’t believe the increase of dogs being taken in during the latter part of this year. It really is upsetting.
Below are photos of the dogs rescued in December.
I have a dear friend in the US that helps in Peke Rescue and this is the worst time of year for them ...... people go on holidays , people buy a new pup because the other is now too old so they get rid of it ..... a dog that has been in their family for years!!!
Some are just dumped in the country , left outside shops or chained to trees and she lives up the north of the US so its darn snowing. People are shocking to animals. Sometimes they get dogs because the older owner goes into care or the relatives of dead owners do not want to look after their animal and put it into a shelter ..... if it is a Peke or half of one they will get it and find a new home.
Honestly I do not know how she and the others do it year after year but thank god for people like that all around the world.
My husband needs to have both knees replaced but , like men, he is delaying it but he can walk Yum Yum easy.
So a little dog would be fabulous for you Beachgirl. You must tell us when you do adopt!!! ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Surely you jest?!? The Daily Mail getting something wrong?!? Or the Express?!? Why I never!!! Such fine, upstanding journalism!!! NOT!!! What a sad excuse for reportage!!! Neither the Mail nor the Express have ever let a casual acquaintance with facts or accuracy get in the way of high profits.
I will not hear a bad word about the express. They printed my name in there many years ago.😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
If you look at very old photos ( Victorian times etc ) of pugs, peke's , shih tzu's etc you will see they have longer noses...... its the fad of bloody "Teacup" and more pushed in faces that has done this .... and I forgot about persian cats too !
And we can lay a lot of that blame at the paws of kennel clubs and cat fancier groups! If there wasn’t a market the breeders wouldn’t do it. It should be illegal with breeders and their associates prosecuted and punished as animal abusers.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have a dear friend in the US that helps in Peke Rescue and this is the worst time of year for them ...... people go on holidays , people buy a new pup because the other is now too old so they get rid of it ..... a dog that has been in their family for years!!!
Some are just dumped in the country , left outside shops or chained to trees and she lives up the north of the US so its darn snowing. People are shocking to animals. Sometimes they get dogs because the older owner goes into care or the relatives of dead owners do not want to look after their animal and put it into a shelter ..... if it is a Peke or half of one they will get it and find a new home.
Honestly I do not know how she and the others do it year after year but thank god for people like that all around the world.
My husband needs to have both knees replaced but , like men, he is delaying it but he can walk Yum Yum easy.
So a little dog would be fabulous for you Beachgirl. You must tell us when you do adopt!!! ❤
Oh don’t worry you will know when I’m looking, I will be running well walking around with joy and talking about my new home. 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
A small reminder for Philip Janssen, in case he might get ideas of grandiosity: everything you think you might "own", everything at the LaLaLand you bought yourself a ticket for, has been touched before you and will be touched again after you. And again. And again.
When I look at photos like these I always wonder who took them.

A small reminder for Philip Janssen, in case he might get ideas of grandiosity: everything you think you might "own", everything at the LaLaLand you bought yourself a ticket for, has been touched before you and will be touched again after you. And again. And again.
Wow is that Fanny in the third pic, looks completely different like another person

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Your reply moved me so much. Tears come easily whenever I think of my darling Mum. Her vivacity, elegance, generosity, humour... She passed away 10 years ago at age 97 and I do talk to her but miss her greatly.
Anyone who has ever grieved for the loss of the physical absence of a loved one human or animal will understand and know your pain. It's difficult but to me it is a comfort to know that energy never dies, it merely transforms, so when we are done with our physical bodies, which we all will be at some point, we discard them and transition back to the source energy from where we came. A quote which is probably exhausted by now sums it up..We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritul beings having a human experience. Mum is just fine but you already know that xxx

Thank you, I’ve only ever had rescues as an adult, and they really are the best. I typically adopt the seniors or health challenged ones that nobody seems to want. Some have been purebred, some are mixed but all have been deeply loved. It’s probably telling that if I were to hit it big with the lottery I’d buy as much land as possible and adopt them all, lol. My first ever Christmas pressie was a Cocker Spaniel. It was love at first snuggle and I’ve been a sucker for puppy eyes ever since!🐶
All dogs are special but cocker spaniels..oh wow... I've had 3 Rescue cockers and they are the most loving, loyal, dogs.... I always go for rescue.... too many unloved dogs in shelters who need loving homes....I'd never get from breeders. x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Your stories concerning inheritance drama make me thankful I won't have to go through that. I'm an only child and my parents don't have much anyway. My dad is not in touch with his side of the family and as for my mum's there will definitely be a war among the siblings and my cousins once her mother passes away. She has refused to be included in the will and so have I, the jackals can gnaw at the bone amongst themselves.

• Heart
Anyone who has ever grieved for the loss of the physical absence of a loved one human or animal will understand and know your pain. It's difficult but to me it is a comfort to know that energy never dies, it merely transforms, so when we are done with our physical bodies, which we all will be at some point, we discard them and transition back to the source energy from where we came. A quote which is probably exhausted by now sums it up..We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritul beings having a human experience. Mum is just fine but you already know that xxx

All dogs are special but cocker spaniels..oh wow... I've had 3 Rescue cockers and they are the most loving, loyal, dogs.... I always go for rescue.... too many unloved dogs in shelters who need loving homes....I'd never get from breeders. x
My mom had a special affinity for Cockers so she started me with them. It wasn’t until you began seeing negative reports in the news about breeders that she began adopting rescues and mixed breed dogs. I also had a much loved female Siamese cat that lived to just after her 20th birthday. She was my constant companion and ride or die. Even saving me from a rabid possum attack at university. My house would not feel like a home without pets and it usually revolves around them.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.