The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fanny managed to get Ruth, who looked incredibly miserable, in a few shots. Ruthie had gifted her the Too Faced "You Drive Me Glazy" makeup palette (the irony of the name of it was not lost on me- LOL!)
Rexy ...... I laughed at that too!
Is Ruthie the one with the long blondish hair and a long face?? I cannot find her there

Reactions: 9
Rexy ...... I laughed at that too!
Is Ruthie the one with the long blondish hair and a long face?? I cannot find her there
No, she is the one with the long dark hair up in a bun with Potts at the 7:17 mark. We get little glimpses of her at dinner as well. She's actually the only naturally pretty person in the Shitoo.

Reactions: 11
Isobel is drained.
She is replete. Her daughter has not lived up to her hopes and dreams and to see everything she hoped for wasted on that pathetic boy . On top all the shambles of the castle falling down and no builders. She can see what a mess it is and she hates mess.
I think Isobel is cross, agitated and is now looking for ways to let off steam.
Stephanie was trying to show off the lovely flowers and table display squirrel had done with the nativity set. BTW who at the last minute puts a nativity set in the table? And she said where will all the dishes go? No word of praise that the princess hoped for.
And I agree the food must be cold. The gravy looked congealed and revolting.
Who puts dishes on the table? The sideboard had no decorations apart from some ugly ornaments and could easily have had a hot plate on it to put the dishes on.
I know in the uk it is traditional although not adhere too… to have warm plates.

Reactions: 19
No, she is the one with the long dark hair up in a bun with Potts at the 7:17 mark. We get little glimpses of her at dinner as well. She's actually the only naturally pretty person in the Shitoo.
Got it !

Oh she does not look like she is part of the CD Pantomime Party !

You are right , she is the only pretty person there . Fanny must hate her, as she looks younger too.

Reactions: 13
Yet Phi Phi was not even being thought about in the 70’s….. He is not well travelled or educated. He does love beetroot and drinking pineapple juice. I am wondering what a typical Dutch beetroot recipe might be.? He likes Macdonalds

she has the manners of a sewer rat inviting all those guests not having a turkey, not doing any grocery shopping, cooking or serving he guests not a hand lifted
Let’s face it. She is unable to organise buying a turkey. How will she ever manage to oversee the chapel restoration etc.
She has relied on Isobel yet we can see she wants out.
Are Tante and Toncle going to be around more and managing things?

Reactions: 15
Ah Phillipa didn't really buy that Chanel N°5 for Fanny. It bought it for itself. Just like the plates. What's the bet that it was mincing around on boxing day morning in a cloud of Chanel N°5...

Reactions: 12
Ok, I don’t like Dan the gardener. I agree with others who have posted this already, he must be living at the chateau again. He was there Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and into the night. I’m glad he’s prioritizing the important things in his life for everyone to see. He’s a piece of crap.

Reactions: 29
This mother/daughter relationship is a lesson to other parents about getting too involved in their adult child's life. The chateau should be run as a professional business, which it's not. Isabelle obviously has no business acumen, otherwise she would never have gotten involved. She needs to disentangle herself financially and emotionally from it ASAP. There's nothing she can do to help Fanny, but she can still help herself. Fanny is selfish and clueless about her mother's mental and physical state. In her mind, Ma will live forever, much easier that way instead of thinking about the inevitable of having to be a caretaker and death. It must be a difficult situation for Ma being that Fanny is her only child and such a mess. I sometimes think Fanny's irresponsible behavior is going to send her mother to her grave before her time. We reap what we sow.

Reactions: 22
Who is repulsive? This?
Hmmm.
I've thought about what he would look like without the scraggly beard, long hair, comb over and everything he does to fake his hair loss.
Clean shaven, bald, short back and sides.
Quite ordinary comes to mind.

Reactions: 13
Agree . He is lady of the bed chamber. He gets her a cup of tea. He chooses her clothes, he accompanies her EverYWHerE…. And he PRAISES her. He is and idiot and fake.
Why did his parents do a no show for Christmas. We all thought it odd they met his mother for her birthday at the Christmas market …….
Do you think as a family they watch the chateau diaries and see how ridiculous they look. They certainly like to watch themselves on the tv show.

Reactions: 14
They are there now for Boxing Day! I guess Phyllis is becoming British now. There really was no point in them being there for Christmas as it was going to be filmed. They would have to put bags on their heads ala Nick. Plus they wouldn't know all those other wackos. Who wants to spend Christmas with a bunch of weirdos they don't know? Not me!

Reactions: 19
Do Tattlers really think Phiphi is that cold and calculated or is he acting off instinct?
I wonder if he's deliberately making down the princess so no one else wants her - you know like a 'Feeder' makes someone eat and eat and eat so they can't get out of bed and escape into someone else's arms.
Although - to be fair, I'm starting to fancy having my own Feeder/Making-Downer - does that make me like Fanny?
OMG am I a Narc???

Reactions: 14
Do you think anyone ever says "Stephanie you have invited all these people here for Christmas get off your arse and do something?" If I behaved like her my Mum would definitely tell me
You are forgetting….she bought crowns because the ones in the crackers are not blingy enough.
How many sets did she buy…. No expense spared. Where are the big sacks of presents? She was careful not to film them.
In fact the effort to not film things is exhausting her.

Attachments

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.