The Chateau Diaries #204 Fanny put more $ into her sagging face than her sagging château!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We do know how to make pastries but our cousine is unfortunately lacking in real good dishes. Stampot or erwtensoep is simply not doing it for me!

I noted there is no chipping, peeling paint or dirty windows :) Years of watching CD does that to one!

I hope you took it out from a wall! luke warm or cold!
i actually like a good erwtensoep...homemade offcourse..its very nice on cold days..not so keen on stamppot either... :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So, not the case or, in any way the norm, as a UK resident myself these days!
Very few of the millennial era would ever eat bread sauce, Christmas pudding, mince pies or perhaps, trifle too?
Curlers, are for the bedroom before coming downstairs on any day, let alone, Christmas Day, absolutely 100%, never to be seen in public. So, why would that even be questioned as an option in polite society?
I always serve bread sauce (I am about Fanny's age) it is traditional with turkey, I do cranberry sauce too (I don't like it), sprouts, roast parsnips, braised red cabbage, roast and mashed potatoes and cauliflower cheese as my veggie sister loves it and doesn't like carrots. Followed by Christmas Pudding and Mince pies

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Clara said in one of her posts that Isabelle didn't want to come back to the Farmhouse for Christmas. I think that what we witnessed could well have been classic narc triangulation. Fanny making much of Auntie and Uncle and rubbing it in Isabelle's face. Auntie was obviously being love bombed and given a leading role while Isabelle was sidelined.
Auntie played along of course. It's interesting that when Fanny filmed at Auntie's cluttered barn she actually said that Auntie was coming to the Farmhouse while there were guests arriving at Auntie's barn... Relatives? Her other kids? Not sure how many she has.
If Auntie had arranged to host people at her barn and then changed her plans to go to the farmhouse it just shows me that the family, all of them, are breathtakingly devoid of manners.
I also thought that perhaps Auntie was referring to house sitters spending Christmas at the barn. Would she have overdecorated the barn if that was the case? Have I missed something?
Who knows? We will never know the true situation from what we are shown. I assumed that it was their other son and his wife and children who would be spending Christmas there but why do that if presumably they already have a property that they live in the rest of the year. Nothing makes sense with this family of liars.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
OMG are we going to have the grotesque vision of the two of them sharing a twin room again-not normal even for blood relative brother and sister at their age. I imagine Gerry has to go and take a dump in reception
I have a sneaky feeling that SJ's hotel room will be upgraded to a luxurious deluxe two-bedroom suite overlooking Palm Jumeirah.
It always happens.
Upgrade is her middle name, so she always gets one....except in the boyfriend department.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I always serve bread sauce (I am about Fanny's age) it is traditional with turkey, I do cranberry sauce too (I don't like it), sprouts, roast parsnips, braised red cabbage, roast and mashed potatoes and cauliflower cheese as my veggie sister loves it and doesn't like carrots. Followed by Christmas Pudding and Mince pies
parsnips are not common here...i like them...these days they call it the forgotten vegs...they are available here now.. mostly organic..its very nice to have a potatoe and parsnip mash.. thats why i am surprised Snort knows parsnips.....

Reactions: 13
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of us around the world. I’m on page 7 of 11 right now, trying to catch up. I just want to say that if my 92 years here on tattle have taught me anything, it’s that Natti is not pregnant and we should not let ourselves fall into this derailing trap yet again. Amaury just has a weird way of posing with Natti, nothing more. No woman actually wants her man to take a pic with her like that, she needs to tell him to stop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of us around the world. I’m on page 7 of 11 right now, trying to catch up. I just want to say that if my 92 years here on tattle have taught me anything, it’s that Natti is not pregnant and we should not let ourselves fall into this derailing trap yet again. Amaury just has a weird way of posing with Natti, nothing more. No woman actually wants her man to take a pic with her like that, she needs to tell him to stop.
Agree on Natti she did not look preggers in the red dress or the tartan prom dress

• Heart
Reactions: 11
parsnips are not common here...i like them...these days they call it the forgotten vegs...they are available here now.. mostly organic..its very nice to have a potatoe and parsnip mash.. thats why i am surprised Snort knows parsnips.....
Do you have mashed swede with carrot my Granny always served that Christmas Day. Fanny's roast parsnips looked anaemic I like them crispy. I absolutely love the Christmas meal, I adore turkey and I always get a Kelly Bronze as they taste amazing and don't dry out.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can't believe I am partially agreeing with Phiphi - we lived in Holland when I was a kid and my sisters and I went to a local primary school. Everyone had to go home for lunches and we were often invited to other kids' houses for lunch, so I got to experience what they were eating.
It was very stodgy and heavy on the carbs and sugars.
It's not like I didn't like it - my favourite Dutch food was poffertches and fries with pindersaus - but wasn't that keen on the cake sandwiches.
I'm certain that the adult palate includes more spices and herbs but they would be introduced from other countries and more readily available in the big smoke, not standard suburbia in the 70s.
I have to admit to liking traditional salt herring on occassion.🥴

Ruth will be cross about being shown. She looked really miserable and out of it, sitting at the back with Potty. I think her mother died earlier this year. Imagine if this were your first Christmas after losing a loved one, Fanny's circus would be the last place you'd want to be but I guess it wouldn't occur to Potty to be away from Fanny at Christmas.
One has to question what Ruth gets out of the relationship?

• Heart
Thanks Was hoping that another babygate was going to be avoided. It went on too long last time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Aww...Gerry and her highness are going to Dubai for a weekend without PhiPhi!
A leech that he is, I have a sneaky feeling he will find a way to tag along!

Also, who holidays for three days in Dubai? The flight alone is over 7 hours.
It sounds like Dubai is going to be a side trip to some bigger trip.

"Let the castle crumble, while my brother and I travel."
If they do end up taking PhiPhi along to Dubai as camera…man…he’d better not swan around like he did in Egypt. The authorities there are not at all tolerant of personal idiosyncrasies!

• Haha
  • Heart
@Just Grift Wood Do you have mashed swede with carrot my Granny always served that Christmas Day. Fanny's roast parsnips looked anaemic I like them crispy.

Love swede with carrot and yes their parsnips looked awful so pale and floppy (like PhiPhi’s chipolata when he is anywhere near new flues Fanny).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
OMG are we going to have the grotesque vision of the two of them sharing a twin room again-not normal even for blood relative brother and sister at their age. I imagine Gerry has to go and take a dump in reception
I confess I have no trouble sharing a room with my brothers! I adore them in a non sexual way. there is no way I can ever see them as a sexual creature! So I don't find it weird :)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.