The Chateau Diaries #202 The Fleuries next Christmas grift candle may smell of greed, sweat & regret

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First of all, no one’s house is perfect… Stephanie touting Amaury as a specialized builder with experience wasn’t very convincing. Just a few things that Steph chose to show us: He took single story rooms of decent height and turned them into loft areas with poor headroom and very low beams making it hard to navigate for average sized people. Maybe that wasn’t an issue for Lil’ Amaury?
View attachment 1817492
View attachment 1817493

The wood window trim was put in with visible screws and the herringbone flooring that he “designed” and reinstalled had crazy gaps and cuts and looked awkward.
View attachment 1817495
View attachment 1817496
View attachment 1817497

If I paid someone to install my wood flooring and that’s how they turned out, I would be very disappointed and there would be a problem. I wouldn’t be showing it off. “Look at the half assed job my cousin Amaury did at his parents hoarding house, I can’t wait to see what he will do to Lalande. See, there’s nothing to worry about dear patrons, please send more money, Tata says Amaury is very expensive.” 🏚💩
I was thinking about how this was 'pulled together' or whatever they did, but it was 4 walls, like Dans... but LieLande has 2 floors already, and an attic, and rooms... it's not as simple as he thinks it's going to be. I think he's going to come a cropper as they say...

Reactions: 18
Holy mother of god!! My jaw literally dropped after first seeing the tree… but then. THEN! I felt like let’s turn half the Christmas lights off and all the other ones, drop my arse down in own of the options for lounging and taking it all in! Oh yes- maybe some whiskey based bevy in hand.
It’s a lot, but i appreciate it as a home. It’s probably a lovely home to visit… hospitality and coziness in spades.
That being said my neurodivergent kids would be in sensory overload!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There must be something odd about Amaury -

I'm a very polite, well-mannered 55 year old but I would never sent thank you notes - but I certainly don't expect them either. My friends and family know I love them and appreciate them.
I don’t send thank you notes through the mail, but I message people and thank them for a gift or after an outing to say how how nice it was to get together

It seems that there is not room for Alexander at the CHMN for the holidays.

Why did they say he could stay in the first place 😡 so lielande

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
We have stopped exchanging gifts with our family, we decided to use the money to have lovely meals out, or go do events when we are together. It's much better. I'm very lucky as I do still get the occasional gift from my sons when they feel I need something! Like a new phone etc (they earn heaps more than I do, so I don't feel guilty and I never ask for these things).
The last gift I got was a lovely moth orchid last week from my friend who was looking after my house when I was away for my surgery. It was a lovely surprise. She knows I love orchids and she also chose my fav colour.
Going to go out later today to buy myself a Christmas gift, I want a mould to make my own ice blocks for summer.
One year my wealthy Aunt, after many years of me spending more on her than on my husband, actually said out loud in front of the whole family, “I never get anything that I want”. That was it right there for me! The following year, I said, I don’t think we need to exchange gifts this year. We’re all older now nobody really needs anything so I think we just need to stop with the presents.

She was shittin’ mad. But I had had it with never her saying she never liked anything she got. Who does that?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Words fail me to describe what I just watched...

Tacky?
Ghastly?
Gaudy?
Claustrophobic?
Appalling?
Tragic?
Migraine inducing?

And the whole thing was just to advertise AnnMarie's skillset as a Jack of all trades. I'm sure he will also be charging her far less that any other contractor... But fanny dear... you get what you pay for!
If he has such a skill set how long ago did he know the place was falling down? Two years ago I’d bet. She trapped herself in her own previous lie with the discussion of his skills.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
One year my wealthy Aunt, after many years of me spending more on her than on my husband, actually said out loud in front of the whole family, “I never get anything that I want”. That was it right there for me! The following year, I said, I don’t think we need to exchange gifts this year. We’re all older now nobody really needs anything so I think we just need to stop with the presents.

She was shittin’ mad. But I had had it with never her saying she never liked anything she got. Who does that?
An unappreciative witch . . . that's who.
Good. on. you.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can't keep up so I'm skipping way ahead. I'm in a bad mood about who won Survivor US. But, I would like to thank the person that recommended this channel - I've been binge-watching and other than her constant giggle it is an interesting channel. Makes me want to visit the area.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Who will explain to me, because I obviously don't understand
Why do people come to Fanny's, for example, at Christmas.
If we ignore that HMN is cold to death SJ is a bad host.
I would hate to go somewhere as a guest, and I would have to do everything myself. In that case, I will stay at my WARM house.
Fanny's casual approach to the arrival of guests drives me crazy.
I thought, and I know it's like that with most people, that when guests come, you do your best to receive them properly. Clean, fragrant beds and bathrooms and delicious food are a must for me. Especially for Christmas.
We all know that with Fanny, there is no preparation, only the acting of preparation. Fanny welcomes the guests with half an egg, old food and leftovers, and she also neatly records it all and puts it on YT.
I am interested in the following: what is wrong with the people who will come to visit her at Christmas. And they keep coming for years.
The only thing they can hope for is that they will freeze from the cold and they will most likely be hungry.
Who wants to spend their Christmas holidays like that (if they don't have to)?
That there is a Christmas Mystery ! :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Uncle Faux Aristocrat and Auntie Social Climber's house looks like a f***king brocante.
I know there is no accounting to taste, but heck...that couple's taste is awful!
They Victorianized-Napoleonized-Empirified-Eightyfied that poor barn. I can almost hear the building say BURN ME DOWN, PLEASE!

View attachment 1817204

Auntie Chantie here is helping bolster her niece and warning the patrons---it's going to cost an awful lot of money to edify the grand salon.
Gird you very wide loins for a massive reno cost, and Amaury will be charging double for labor!

View attachment 1817205
“Eightyfied” 🤣
Absolutely… the random non-Victorian style are the practical pieces/furnishings. The modern glass coffee table and curtains with metal grommets…
I realize that I’m the odd one out here but their home is small enough that maybe they use every space they have. Yes, it’s way over the ‘something’ but it has a lived-in feel… maybe?! It’s curious… yes- curious🤦.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
“Eightyfied” 🤣
Absolutely… the random non-Victorian style are the practical pieces/furnishings. The modern glass coffee table and curtains with metal grommets…
I realize that I’m the odd one out here but their home is small enough that maybe they use every space they have. Yes, it’s way over the ‘something’ but it has a lived-in feel… maybe?! It’s curious… yes- curious🤦.
I thought the decor was horrible you could barely squeeze around all the mismatched furniture and the Christmas decorations more suited to a department store display although it looked clean and well cared for, and warm three factors in its favour

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I thought the decor was horrible you could barely squeeze around all the mismatched furniture and the Christmas decorations more suited to a department store display although it looked clean and well cared for, and warm three factors in its favour
To me it looked like Nursing Home left behind finds ......... and I bet many of them were!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm alone in this, but I liked Auntie's place all decked out for Xmas. It's bright, warm, and cozy; straight out of a Hallmark movie. The perfect place to be invited in to wait out the blizzard and served gingerbread and hot cocoa by a sweet woman we later find out is Mrs. Claus. I wouldn't want to live there though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I'm alone in this, but I liked Auntie's place all decked out for Xmas. It's bright, warm, and cozy; straight out of a Hallmark movie. The perfect place to be invited in to wait out the blizzard and served gingerbread and hot cocoa by a sweet woman we later find out is Mrs. Claus. I wouldn't want to live there though.
I could just see you making smelly candles with Auntie Claus and having a good time with all the decorations and lights . :)

* the dusting would drive me crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Alexander was forced out because he's not part of the "Firm". They couldn't risk having an outsider listening in on their plotting and scheming. All the family and friends that are invited are in on the scam. Every single one of them. They'll be a lot of discussion and planning and not in a good way. This Christmas is definitely the first time the entire tribe has gathered under one crumbling roof.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It seems that there is not room for Alexander at the CHMN for the holidays.

Is this the same guy the Pethericks dumped off at the shitoo?
If so, Tattle is calling you....come to us Alexander and receive a warm embrace🫂 from the 15 or so menapausal trolling hags😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I imagine Tartinette and hubby aren't allowed to go around the tree. They'll easily knock that thing over.
Guessing that they hired a hand or two to help them over-decorate that barn. There is no way that lady or her husband would go up a ladder.
She freaks out every time her son goes up the digger with Dan the Teeth!

cd640.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I imagine Tartinette and hubby aren't allowed to go around the tree. They'll easily knock that thing over.
Guessing that they hired a hand or two to help them over-decorate that barn. There is no way that lady or her husband would go up a ladder.
She freaks out every time her son goes up the digger with Dan the Teeth!

View attachment 1817579
Do you suppose they just keep everything up the whole year round? 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.