The Chateau Diaries #201 Titties on a tree and poop in the nativity… so lie lande

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha White Christmas is the euphemism my husband uses to have his way with me over the holidays!
Oh my! 😳 Where are my smelling salts?!
Just to wrap up my Candle gate rants, I’m gonna say this and peace out (work beckons…)

Up until now, I never had any issues with them. They are in fact doing What they said they will. Renovating their Chateau. Whether people here like it or not, Patreon is a legit business avenue and they were using it wisely enough. If they used any of the Patreon funds for personal purchases, they will have to pay taxes on the association withdrawals, so whatever. (I will bet 3 more pies that their accounting is a lot cleaner than Fanny’s)

But I have you know, based on the family friendly content they create and the massive number of sponsors they have, I can easily see they are making BANK from YT alone and that’s why they closed their BnB. Up to this point, imo, all is well. In my line of business I’ve seen much bigger grey areas in creators’ business models.

With the candle gate, they are still doing nothing illegal or bad… it’s just what they did was extremely tone deaf. I get it, they want to build a “luxury brand” for Le Fleur… but they couldn’t have timed it and announced it worst than this.
I’ve always supported their business decisions and said that I think they are smart… but this one single decision has the potential to if not destroy their brand, at least halt their YT growth for a good while. That’s why I’m mad at them. They miscalculated the response from their followers. They may keep that 1-2% who can afford buying their products happy…. But upsetting 99% of your audience is as bad a business decision as you can make. The smug attitude and constant talk of personal purchases, even if they are bought with their own personal money, is quite stupid too… your audience are not teenagers and aren’t impressed by your flexing…

Anywho… Sue me, but I work with content creators and most of them are nice amazing people… I can’t help but to root for my people 😿 it’s quite sad to see one of the good ones flush their success down the drain

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Happy Birthday @Lochness Monster here’s a little treat from Antoine’s in New Orleans, founded in 1840 and still in the same family. The trout almandine was fabulous as was the roasted pork loin. This is their famous house made Baked Alaska with dark chocolate sauce. (I had two servings🥴)

88814EA2-55BC-4CFE-A6F0-002E68F4133F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I imagine if Fanny stopped buying alcohol, she could fund lots of repairs. Would do them all good to have a year off the booze too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1811414
View attachment 1811402
View attachment 1811407
andiewieringa
Ilike Philip I often also look at objects with different eyes in order to be able to use them for what they are intended for. So Philip's idea to make origami stars from my design that changes the pattern of the design I think is genius.
#stars #origami #paper #pakpapier #tartan #egel #das #badger #hedgehog #eekhoorn #squirrel #vouwen #decorating #dessin #ontwerp #tree
3h
This tartan paper looks like :poop:
Peacock :poop: on tartan more specifically.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Exactly my thoughts. I wanted the gardener to suddenly swing the spade at Fanny or Phi phi or both…..

As a celebration please can we guess what Fanny’s new year plans are. . Has she even mentioned SA since the castle walls crumbling vlog??

It is my birthday today 🎂. I’m celebrating not being 60. I feel one year younger having thought I would be!
I did get a special present as it was…going to be a big birthday 😂. No Botox for me.
This site has given me much needed escapism and laughs. Thank you!
Exactly my thoughts. I wanted the gardener to suddenly swing the spade at Fanny or Phi phi or both…..

As a celebration please can we guess what Fanny’s new year plans are. . Has she even mentioned SA since the castle walls crumbling vlog??

It is my birthday today 🎂. I’m celebrating not being 60. I feel one year younger having thought I would be!
I did get a special present as it was…going to be a big birthday 😂. No Botox for me.
colorful-happy-birthday-cupcakes-candles-spelling-148323072.jpeg

Happy Birthday @Lochness Monster!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You're not alone! This is my favorite holiday Glade (sadly discontinued):
View attachment 1809540
How's the new laundry room?
“Thank you for asking…” Almost done and the machines are working. No more laundromat! Just need to touch up paint on walls & ceiling, paint the new doors & put up some sort of shelving. Here are a few behind the scenes pics.
3D877593-0485-4FC9-B9F1-34F96A3A69EC.jpeg

CCBFA837-2144-4605-B9E0-7737E3DCFEA2.jpeg

F2275FAF-03AC-41C2-8BDB-714EA18761E3.jpeg

6DF7F3B6-4DFC-41D4-8039-5F11B46DC005.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh my! 😳 Where are my smelling salts?!
Just to wrap up my Candle gate rants, I’m gonna say this and peace out (work beckons…)

Up until now, I never had any issues with them. They are in fact doing What they said they will. Renovating their Chateau. Whether people here like it or not, Patreon is a legit business avenue and they were using it wisely enough. If they used any of the Patreon funds for personal purchases, they will have to pay taxes on the association withdrawals, so whatever. (I will bet 3 more pies that their accounting is a lot cleaner than Fanny’s)

But I have you know, based on the family friendly content they create and the massive number of sponsors they have, I can easily see they are making BANK from YT alone and that’s why they closed their BnB. Up to this point, imo, all is well. In my line of business I’ve seen much bigger grey areas in creators’ business models.

With the candle gate, they are still doing nothing illegal or bad… it’s just what they did was extremely tone deaf. I get it, they want to build a “luxury brand” for Le Fleur… but they couldn’t have timed it and announced it worst than this.
I’ve always supported their business decisions and said that I think they are smart… but this one single decision has the potential to if not destroy their brand, at least halt their YT growth for a good while. That’s why I’m mad at them. They miscalculated the response from their followers. They may keep that 1-2% who can afford buying their products happy…. But upsetting 99% of your audience is as bad a business decision as you can make. The smug attitude and constant talk of personal purchases, even if they are bought with their own personal money, is quite stupid too… your audience are not teenagers and aren’t impressed by your flexing…

Anywho… Sue me, but I work with content creators and most of them are nice amazing people… I can’t help but to root for my people 😿 it’s quite sad to see one of the good ones flush their success down the drain

My natural instinct is to take pity on the Smuglies for their foolhardiness in this venture. Perhaps with your experience in the field you might email them and offer your assistance cleaning up their mess? They can certainly use a bit of professional advice!

Reactions: 11
I imagine if Fanny stopped buying alcohol, she could fund lots of repairs. Would do them all good to have a year off the booze too.
If she stopped buying alcohol for 6 months, she could probably fix the chapel. And buy multiple solar spotlights to highlight her Marie Antoinette descendent tree limb.

“Thank you for asking…” Almost done and the machines are working. No more laundromat! Just need to touch up paint on walls & ceiling, paint the new doors & put up some sort of shelving. Here are a few behind the scenes pics.
View attachment 1811713
View attachment 1811686
View attachment 1811688
View attachment 1811708
It looks awesome! I like your ceiling light. Very cool.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1811713
View attachment 1811686
View attachment 1811688
View attachment 1811708
Jules I do believe Fanny should consult you on style for her service spaces. I bet you even have working water and sewer supplies to your loos!😜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm betting Fanny didn't get that sapling for free. She says in her vlog that she's being given one, but I'm saying Chris at Chateau de la Motte Feuilly charged her for it. What is a sapling like that, with all it's attendant history, worth? And let's remember, the trees are "listed." Any guesses? I'm thinking €250 and upwards. No way anyone would give one away for nothing.

Or... perhaps it was a swap? The Rajasthani pergola from the Chelsea Flower Show for the tree? Let's just say, lieLande brought it over and helped set it up in exchange for the twig thing and a case of wine.

Screen grab (again) for reference:
Screenshot_20221215-230820_YouTube~2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Your theory has some merits and I’ll add to it this picture 👇🏼
But my money is still on some sort of sad news in the new year. I’ll bet 3 key lime pies 🥧
B0D247D0-02BD-4D3D-846B-27AF5F1AD332.jpeg
I love when people post pics with reflections. I always zoom in trying to find something unexpected. So I took this screenshot of Philip and ran it through a dark light ultra reverse osmosis filter and boom: the ghost of Brenda Gibbons yet again. Also, Philip is reading Tattle.

0FD7AABD-E823-4D8F-9CC5-C3D28ECC3E7F.jpeg

8CBDD7F7-333C-425E-9770-D4834AA219A5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Congratulations to all the new December Tattlers reaching VIP status!!!! And Happy Birthday to all Tattlers celebrating their birthday this month!

Here is the advent version of Brussels sprouts and pasta (whoops no pasta) to celebrate!!!

Mummy Jarvis said no pasta and you can only choose one of the 2 Brussels sprouts creations below
brussels+tree.jpg

Roasted-Sprout-Christmas-Tree-1.jpg

But Mummy is feeling generous so she will allow everyone to split this bottle of champagne:

vqyos0yrtut21.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.