Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jules100

VIP Member
You're not alone! This is my favorite holiday Glade (sadly discontinued):
View attachment 1809540
How's the new laundry room?
“Thank you for asking…” Almost done and the machines are working. No more laundromat! Just need to touch up paint on walls & ceiling, paint the new doors & put up some sort of shelving. Here are a few behind the scenes pics.
3D877593-0485-4FC9-B9F1-34F96A3A69EC.jpeg

CCBFA837-2144-4605-B9E0-7737E3DCFEA2.jpeg

F2275FAF-03AC-41C2-8BDB-714EA18761E3.jpeg

6DF7F3B6-4DFC-41D4-8039-5F11B46DC005.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62

Madame Tuna

Hello Tattlers,

Long time lurker, first time poster!
I wanted to say, it's been so entertaining and validating to find this gem of a community. I got sucked in the chateauverse during the pandemic, like a lot of you I imagine! It was a form of escapism, day dreaming about restoration: I pictured myself losing immense amounts of time adding my small contribution to preservation efforts.

It started with Lalande, then the Fleuries, then branched out to smaller channels, but I have to say I'm getting chateau-ed out. While of course a lot of it felt click baity, or misaligned with what I would do (I mean at some point, there IS too much toile de Jouy), I kept watching because it still gave be that form of escapism. I started watching less and less as the CLL vlogs became more inauthentic (the forced laughs, the child-like voice, catching glimpses of people's reactions to getting a camera shoved in their faces) it reminded me of toxic workplaces that claim they're like a family. I keep watching out of morbid curiosity, and mostly to know what you're all talking about!

I felt compelled to finally write today after the Fleuries posted the candle vlog. I find of all the chateau channels out there, I'm most disappointed with theirs. I feel with Lalande, I kind of know what I'm getting, it's like a food court meal - it's not great, but it does its job. The Fleuries, I saw potential. I LOVED the humour, the DIY, the style too. Then they closed the B&B, and now the exorbitantly priced candles... it feels like I've seen behind the curtain and I'm just disgusted. Asking 110 euros for a candle you can't smell oozes of privilege.

In a way it's not entirely their fault, I think their rapid rise in popularity put them in a place where -- unless they made an effort to remain grounded -- it would be impossible to not be out of touch with the rest of us. For a lot of us 3 years of pandemic, global hardships, financial insecurities, a harsh winter ahead, and general feeling of burn out have set the scene to a feeling of great disconnect with people flaunting their wealth/possessions/travels. I wonder if we weren't experiencing these hard times, would we feel this grossed out by 110 euro candles? I still wouldn't buy them, but in our current context it feels especially insulting.

Anyway! I thought I'd add my grain of salt here.
Thank you all for the free entertainment!

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
I think the 36 Euro for prints is somewhat OK. If one likes his style, one can hang it on the wall and has something pleasant to look at for years. Much better price than the photographs of the other Michael.

But a candle for 110 Euro? How long will it last? Hours? Days at most!

How much did the elegantly living Nicolas sell his candles for?
It's in the comments supposedly burn for 75 hours so that is £2.20 an hour ha someone worked it out they were so cross.

Shnapsass
2 minutes ago
If you cash out 110€ in 5€ notes, then place a drop of essential oil on each note and set them on fire, you’ll get the same result: nice smell, a flame, similar burning time and the same price

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53

KyBourbon

VIP Member
More Fleuries fun:

C. Je Pense
2 hours ago
i love this channel but the price.. we are in a economic crisis in europe and can barely effort to heat our apartments..

Carol Marshall
Carol Marshall
2 hours

Greedy.

Carrie Lea
3 minutes ago
Beautiful candles. I would never pay that much for a candle even if I was rich, which I’m not. Crazy

Michael
11 minutes ago
With that out of touch price you should have perhaps waited another year before telling us.

Ann EC
48 seconds ago
No way Jose would I pay $171 AUD plus postage for some wax in a glass jar.

Imelda Purcell
42 minutes ago
Ah as we say in Ireland “your having a laugh” €110 for a candle. 😱
Thought I’d post this before it was deleted…😆

3A0D9D97-3C28-4916-9698-ADC7A387FB44.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Karma baby!

VIP Member
Tattlers.. I have shocking news!!!!!
Fanny is not in Paris in Disney Land... She says she is 3 days ahead in the Advent, and has gone to London with Philip.
They are going to visit aunt and uncle, to celebrate Chantal's and PhiPhi's mom's birthday, and bring aunt and uncle back to LL. And then sometime before or after that apparently they went to pickup PhiPhi's mom, and went to Germany and visited a Christmas Market in Aachen.

Don't worry, it's not just you... everyone is confused by this timeline 😂
I'll report later with the rest of Patreon video...
After she says she's gonna take us window shopping in London, suddenly we're in LL.
Davy goes over the English garden design....... AGAIN! And shows some of the twigs that are allegedly the hedge line.
It's not like the chapel is falling over, they are going to give Dan carte blanche to dig holes right around it.

They also planted "the whitest birch tree" you can find in the jungle... in the bloody jungle! talk about waste of money. (I am typing as they are talking... and I have you know.. I'm bored as hell... davy can TALK)
At this point, she jumps back to London, showing us the holiday display at Fortnum & Mason with some Christmas music... riveting content! I am ready to claw my eyes out out of boredom... And you bet she buys some Truffle Honey from F&M

Fanny is worried no one is kissing under the mistletoe.... thankfully we are not blessed with them remedying the situation.
Kat is there at the London flat in front of the ugly tattered yellow curtain.
3 pieces of news:
- The billiard table has been delivered.
- AND WHAT DO YOU SAY??!!! The pergola they bought at Chelsea flower show has arrived.... Ok, I am no longer bored, I am howling with laughter at the speed they respond to anything we say here.
- The structural architect is arriving tomorrow to tell them how bad things are and what they should do.
Y'all.. I paid $7 to her this month... I'm starting to think it wasn't worth it!

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 18.13.12.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
So let me get this straight: the Fleuries are going down for showing their greed plus contempt for the audience that build them up and offered them the good life on a golden platter, but they all still love Stephanie Jarvis who pretends to be home for Christmas by offering prerecorded crap? I will not be defending the Fleuries this lifetime, but the charlataine’s crimes against decency will probably outnumber theirs in the next too.

• Heart
  • Haha

graciemckitten

VIP Member
To me, nothing says Christmas like $2,000 Christmas trees covered with hundreds of dollars in grifted ornaments next to Daddy Derek’s paintings of distorted naked women playing tennis and a perverted looking man grasping a woman’s naked breast.

• Haha
  • Sick

KyBourbon

VIP Member
At the Lie Lande farmhouse, an emergency meeting was held to discuss selling candles at Ye Olde Squirrel Shoppe for €110 each to generate much needed revenue for Christmas tat…and booze. A brainstorming session was held…here are the potential fragrances…

EFA66622-43F3-4A41-BA5C-CDD3C0BAE0AC.jpeg

79676F3B-7113-485B-8DD8-29A8F4B4B796.jpeg

131E03D5-EB0A-4094-8BC7-FD546B8DD6C3.jpeg

2176EF1D-88A9-4270-99C3-C6478FD11363.jpeg

And this fragrance created especially for Dan…

FB977B93-ADB9-4606-B2E9-227E6802C03E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

JP in SC

Please allow me to take you through the recent vlog from Staph, her son, and his parents (invisible, not shown). This will save you from watching. This is from PhiPhi’s mouth.
I love that.
That’s too cute.
I love that.
Oh we’ve got to get that.
Beautiful.
That’s my favorite.
That’s my favorite. Repeat 5 more times.
This was what I was really excited about.
Too cute. Go on, repeat that 5 more times.
Oh so cute.
Darling.
Look how cute.
That’s too cute.
Oh, look at the squirrel, hegehog, pug.
Nutcrackers, we need to do that next year (be still your hearts, that’s a clue)
How do you get these men holding trays.
I love it (vs. loving “that”). Repeat that 5 times.
Me too. That’s my favorite (not to be confused with previous That’s My Favorite).
I forgot my gloves.
Drinking a love potion. Oh you have enough love.
Time for the hood (yes, the return of Little Red Riding Hood cape)

Well now, you all can return to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Sasha Groves

Chatty Member
Tastemaker?
F7B4AB77-E08A-4504-934A-E483EF7F8588.jpeg

I’ve seen more thoughtful, cohesive groupings on shelves at my local charity shop and with far nicer objects than this random tat and a groper for good measure.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
C. Je Pense
3 seconds ago
i love this channel but the price.. we are in a economic crisis in europe and can barely effort to heat our apartments..

0RDuuVnmYSRXE8OTte81g2gA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Carol Marshall
49 seconds ago
Greedy......

Griftmas gift that keeps on giving thanks Smug's

uYsA7a0ewuSku5iKvvJFSRWg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Peter i
2 seconds ago
I know you live in a fairly remote place but a lot of people including many of your viewers are finding money a bit scarce at the moment and maybe you are out of touch as the pricing is not in tune with you audience. You seem to have no idea that many people come to your channel for escapism from their own lives, not to watch overpriced chateau QVC. Very disappointing seeing this, I am lucky I can easily afford to buy them but it's distasteful so I will be donating £220 to a food bank as I am disgusted for you.

• Heart
  • Wow

Karma baby!

VIP Member
Tattlers.. I have shocking news!!!!!
Fanny is not in Paris in Disney Land... She says she is 3 days ahead in the Advent, and has gone to London with Philip.
They are going to visit aunt and uncle, to celebrate Chantal's and PhiPhi's mom's birthday, and bring aunt and uncle back to LL. And then sometime before or after that apparently they went to pickup PhiPhi's mom, and went to Germany and visited a Christmas Market in Aachen.

Don't worry, it's not just you... everyone is confused by this timeline 😂
I'll report later with the rest of Patreon video...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I do remember his parents at the farmhouse refusing to be filmed as well. You can understand them not wanting to be revealed on these blogs. If they got recognised in the street people would bitch slap them for hatching this thing they euphemistically call their son!
From what I've heard (but they are rather secretive about the details and careful not to talk about it in public) Philip Janssens father is rather involved in Stephanie Jarvis tax schemes. Could also be a reason for them not to be participating in her flogs.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
imagine standing watching this poor guy dig up the tree
Exactly my thoughts. I wanted the gardener to suddenly swing the spade at Fanny or Phi phi or both…..

As a celebration please can we guess what Fanny’s new year plans are. . Has she even mentioned SA since the castle walls crumbling vlog??

It is my birthday today 🎂. I’m celebrating not being 60. I feel one year younger having thought I would be!
I did get a special present as it was…going to be a big birthday 😂. No Botox for me.
This site has given me much needed escapism and laughs. Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 42

graciemckitten

VIP Member
The true character of the Fleuries has been revealed with the million dollars + they have hauled in thru ads, YouTube, and Patreon. Now, they are very haughty and feel entitled to Teslas, sailboats, an extremely expensive kitchen, vacations, slacking off on projects, closing the bed and breakfast, etc. Totally misread their audience. Many of their viewers are on fixed incomes or have sacrificed to send money to the Flueries gruesome twosome so they could renovate a chateau that they could not afford. They are restoring to the Stephanfraudie rule book on sketchy video timelines and lower quality content while frantically upping the
Ads on their videos and turning up the grift for the holidays.

Pricing the candles at an elitist high amount is a slap in the face to the majority of their fan/ viewing base. Pitching them as they are in their grifted kitchen filled with most expensive high end stoves, fridges, sinks, etc, paid for by theirs fan base in $1, $5, $25 contributions, etc, is inexcusable, Happy Griftmas Fleuries!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41

Just Grift Wood

VIP Member
The Smug's could always get onto their bosom chum Fanny and ask to sell some in Pube's Pavilion gift shop. Fanny could use those boxes that will last a lifetime to hold up her sagging beams in the big tv room.

sN0ZqFkdBos80Hzc71b4x0HE=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Janet Pitcher
3 minutes ago
I am using night lights to heat my room because I cannot afford to turn on the heating. You are very out of touch with what people can afford.

Griftfinder General
1 minute ago
€110 for a candle is an outrageous price for a candle, especially one that can't be smelled beforehand. You've misjudged your audience and the current economic climate. Maybe at about €50 but even that's pushing it.

• Heart
  • Haha

Fennelbug

VIP Member
I bet the Influencer and the Wallpaperer are in total shock over the negative response to these ridiculously overpriced jars of wax.

it’s like the Tesla all over again. Let the back pedalling begin.
Is there a way we can rent the candles?

• Haha
  • Heart