The Chateau Diaries #199 We 3 queens of La-la-lande are, There would be a 4th but he can't drive a car.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just came back from the comments...
Do those people all really believe that she is just now finding out about the disastrous structural problems?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
[/QUOTE]
They probably can’t fix it because they mixed several different old paints to get that color and probably didn’t save any for touch ups.

She left before Thanksgiving, so there you go.

Cause Dan was “supposed” to be doing it, but he was probably just there bleeping around until he could access the ruin. Guess the secret handyman hasn’t gotten to it yet. All of the steel is out of the garden though, so it’s somewhere.
Some of the steel Dan used on the tree scaffolding in the courtyard. That is why they do not fit and overhang. It’s such
an eyesore.
He took some back to his family home , I saw him using them.
Did patron pay for these?
Did they become payment to Dan?

Fanny’s accounting 🤪.
I wonder if the Christmas tree in the Marquis sitting room was put up for British tv for the Christmas Escape to the ?? show.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Probably not. A lot of children are encouraged to write phonetically, if they're using a word they've not used before....
Yes, that is correct.
When my students are using the 'big words', I encourage them to do their best phonetically and just get it all out.

By the way, where is Caroline Gooder?

Caroooooooooooooooline come out, come out where ever you arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Wow! That nose will soon need its own cherry picker! Stop lying before it's too late!
She better or else she might knock over that ghastly hardcore Ardmore vase with that Pinocchi-nose.

Hmmm, actually, on second thought...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1793544
No I don’t see any response from the 72 surveys. Looks like a lot of bills for a chateau, good thing WE have a castle. Maybe give those envelopes to Nic Baghead.
View attachment 1793547
I bought this on sale to go with my tight pants I got on sale. I’m glad Advent is over, now we can shop online with all that extra money. What do you mean Advent is not over?
View attachment 1793555
Emergency editing! We showed all the talented gays, decorated all non-construction sites and cooked. We used the refugee and kid angle. Advent what is Advent? I got nothing!
This is brilliant.
I will notify Netflix immediately.

It is good to be able to laugh….what they are doing at Lielande is becoming more and more fantastical

• Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 1792772

We have major STRUCTURAL PROBLEMS at the CHATEAU...

From the live chat...

Jill Scott @Jenny willow she is talking about the patreon video where we got more info before this but we dont usually mention so as to not seen superior or spoil it for anyone else
Delusions of grandeur amongst the patreons. Never thought I'd come across a 'virtual' snob 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
In my not so humble opinion, with last night’s flog Stephanie Jarvis has written her testament and has given the blueprint for how things roll at her shittoo, not just now but in the past as well.
When they bought the place many years ago her co-owner friend Larkin insisted they should involve structural architects in their plans for the renovation of the dump. The Jarvisses however were way too keen to start making changes and enhance the look and feel of the place as to mimic their status in life and decided they didn’t need any experts if they would just let builders in and start the work. My personal guess is this is when Bag Head Larkin accepted his fate: it’s no use going against her ladyship’s wishes, Stephanie Jarvis always gets what she wants the moment she wants it.
The “architects” that she now claims over the years have provided her with the security that the beams in her not grand salon would hold up for generations to come were no experts and were only telling her what she wants to hear, without any real inspections or evaluations of the actual decay going on. Many people do this, she has that effect on most of the people she surrounds herself with. This is her biggest talent: to surround herself with people capable of constantly living in denial for the sake of bathing in her graces. It all becomes a self fulfilling prophecy this way, again and again. Speak up and your out, no arguments necessary.
In her attempt to explain the structural challenges that her “beloved” chapel is now facing (a moldy, damp structure she much rather used as a backdrop for her extravagant parties then for its intended religious purpose until she discovered the potential it offers her to continue the begging) she mentioned water being at the root of its downfall. Us tattlers knew and have been saying this all along: creating that poor excuse for a ‘Jardin Anglaise’ and feeding it the excessive amounts of water during a summer filled with heatwaves (when it was prohibited to water ones garden, but hey, who cares, right, Stephanie?) on top of rampaging the surrounding soil with big diggers, operated (once again) by amateurs and not by experts who knew what they were doing, has for sure speeded up the demise of the charming structure.
By now, nobody can pretend not to know of the irresponsible methods this vandal uses to get her way, not restoring but destroying French heritage. Soon it will be irreparably damaged. To her patrons I say: supporting Miss Jarvis makes you complicit to this capital destruction. If you are considering to donate, d’ont! You are not helping anyone achieve anything of real importance. You are just filling Miss Jarvis bank account. But what's worse: by offering this charlataine your money, you are actively and demonstrably preventing real, structural change from happening. But I guess that’s what your need for escapism is about in the first place, isn’t it?
Even if the architects told me a beam would be good for another 2 generations... I believe I would still have it addressed... 2 generations is 40 years? You're spending all that money, with the place stripped down to bare stone and joists... why wouldn't you fix that bent one whilst you're there?... 2 generations is very vague, it could be 30 years.. 'should be good for' isn't very reassuring.. Some people only hear what they want to hear... Fanny always interprets to her liking... EDIT to add... it hasn't been 2 generations since they reno'd that room with her father... it hasn't even been one generation...

• Heart
You know Advent has been tit, when it’s so tit even we don’t have much to say about it! I remember last year each day/day and half, we started a new thread here 💩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Well Micheal Pethericks oak for the cottage is from the same sawmill that is supplying Notre Dame, it is too far away for you to source nah nah nah!!!
WTF is Doing it Ourselves comment regarding he has noticed that wall for years mean. Is he exposing her for a fraud, that its been around (as many from here have pointed out time and time again) or what???? I can't think of another reason, unless it is to try and back up her story, if it is IMHO not a good response.

Stephanie 0 Pethericks 22
perhaps billy hijacked mikey's account?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Whenever I see Davy I always want to say that Mr Potato Head wants his eyebrows back.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think the Ardwhore vase, quite possibly the world’s ugliest vase, should be moved to the not so grand salon in time for the ceiling collapse! Otherwise the horrid vase should be given to the French Beans to be added to their jumbled, uninspiring decor. It will get covered by a pile of stuff in no time. 😂

D48C23BD-6736-4F9A-8C7E-6049B0C6FAC6.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Do we think MP was being snide with that comment? Wonder if he told Fanny? What is the Chateau Diaries comment even meant to mean?
I still think they're a tadge pissy with each other. Remember last Christmas (or the one before even), MP was pretending to chuck a present from SJ into the recycling bin. I dont think they've ever got back on track since the whole Strawbridge situ, then the Madrid episode and finally, FiFi came along.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I had my doubts when my friend didn't tell his mum about his brother.
I realised he was right when my father in law was hospitalised after a fall.
He was a lovely man and quite formal in his manner.
He became delusional and everything about him changed.
My husband was shocked by the difference in his father's personality, voice, his way of speaking and even his facial expressions.
I couldn't visit because of strict protocols during lockdown.
Apparently, at one point he became agitated because the grass in the corridor needed mowing.
My husband told him there was no grass but Dad became increasingly upset.
Fortunately the nurse's station was opposite his door.
One of the nurse's popped his head in, listened to Dad and told him that he would speak to one of the 'gardeners' about the lawn.
Dad immediately calmed down.

On two occasions I've had to help disorientated elderly people in the street.
Early one morning on the way to work I came across a dear old chap who had left home looking for his late wife.
One afternoon I found a lady in her nightie who had no idea where she was.
Then there was the neighbour who used to be absolutely vile to us but became increasingly dependent on me as dementia set in.

All these experiences led me realise that it serves no purpose in arguing with, or telling people who have dementia or have issues with memory, the truth. It is pointless.
That is, indeed, rule number one. Do not argue with crazy people. It will give you PTSD.
I learned this long before I needed to know it, from a friend. Her inlaws, in their 90s, were both falling and breaking things, the old man was mentally gone and the old woman could not care for herself, much less him. She tried for two years to persuade them to go to assisted living together. Finally the old lady said, "OK, but there can't be any ugly old people -- and no Jews."
(They were Jewish.)
My friend said, absolutely. 😢

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.