The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know exactly what you mean. :D But, they are a really nice couple. I feel that their Chateau will be very tastefully restored eventually.
Plus, they have made many friends in the local community within the 6 months they have been there which if far greater than SJ has ever done during her 18 years at LaLa Land.
How many dogs do they have - I lose count, but it's a lot no matter what. Not sure which breed they are though! Are they dog breeders?
They were absolutely heartbroken and, understandably so stressed out when one of them recently went walk about.
It wasn't one someone came and opened the gate and all eight of them took off. One didn't come back.for a few days they finally did find her.. Anyone watch. make do grow from Portugal? Those two work really hard and get it done.

Reactions: 11
I personally think that the fleuries didn’t hire the Tesla but bought it. I also think that the influencer bought the boat. They just pretend that they haven’t done either because of the comments and backlash they’ve got. All smoke and mirrors learned from the shitelaine!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I just watched an episode of Journey to the Chateau De Colombe. Found it charming. And they work! 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Snorts cannot compete- Urich is a great deal more beautiful and masculine
I don't think a BCBG boy like that would want or need to seduce Jarvis. He may indeed be spying for the family or the government, or both. But boys like that do not dip their pens into the company inkwell, and it would contaminate any evidence or testimony he might be pulling together.
This is speculation.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Good morning Tattlers! Just got through all the headlines here. Some really good reporting as usual. Here are my comments:
  • Phyllis is on Santa's bad boy list for behaving poorly in polite company and was sent to bed without dinner
  • Fanny is channeling Cinderella before the Fairy Godmother visit
  • Michael Petherick's driving license saga is still split amongst Tattlers whether he should get a license or not, I think not.
  • Nadillac Boy has charmed everyone and is a sore spot for Phyllis. Phyllis, needs to double down on the French lessons.
  • Dan's mystery chateau continues to be a mystery
  • Advent vlogs may or may not start on Dec. 1, we wait with baited breath.
  • The Jewish symbol over our heads has been removed and needs to stay removed. I personally don't want any religious symbols placed over my head on this site, it's inappropriate.
  • At least one Tattler is headed for surgery and needs our support and love, which we all send with best intentions for a speedy recovery.
  • The pros and cons of marzipan and its various forms are still being discussed while discussion of fruitcake seems to have subsided for now.
  • Heathcliffe made an appearance edging closer and closer to becoming a VIP by New Year's.
FFS, how many chateaux owners need to do advent vlogs? None, imho! :rolleyes: BUT, we do all know exactly why they do it - show me the money scenario, yet again - how unusual is that? NOT!
If at all necessary in "their" delusional opinion, why not just do, The 12 Days of Christmas? Full stop!
In particular, it would save us having to listen to SJ/PJ's forthcoming excuses as to why they are so late uploading/so busy decorating the trees and rooms/so stressed out by it all etc, etc.
Haven't heard anything about Isobel and Percy recently - are they actually in the UK or have they gone back to SA? Wouldn't blame them if they had. And, will return to the HMN just for Christmas? Very strange to me why they even did come back apart from attending the Patrons' Day, there is defo a much deeper back story behind it all.
Still awaiting full disclosure from DTM regarding financials and/or backers. How the hell is he able to afford doing anything at his ruin? That tarpaulin to cover the roof/hiring a cherry picker/Nic the tree guy's costs for 2 days must far exceed what he earns on YT monthly, surely? What do I know? :unsure:
No mention at all of where he is currently living either. His van perhaps?
And, his last vlog at Annalise's place, I just thought why is he concentrating on the steps/creating planters/entrance area rather than repairing the existing house walls which are in dire need and laying the foundations/plumbing pipes/electricity for the proposed bathroom etc? Just doesn't make sense to me as back to front building process - my XH was a builder, so I do have a little knowledge in that arena.
My prediction for Christmas feast cooking crew - Aunt/Uncle/that couple who recently took ownership of the 2 puppies - BTW, have they even bought a chateau yet as it is all rather vague? PJ/SJ will contribute BUT, in a v.v. small way as obviously PJ will be far too busy decorating/laying the table and SJ will be up until at least 3.am Christmas Eve wrapping presents so she will be knackered!
The jury is still out as to whether Potts and/or Larkin will be in attendance.
Natti can't cook.
Just an aside, but do you think that Natt's mother and sisters are residing at the HMN for free?
Pavlina is far away with the fairies, no doubt! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1767137
Since Mary Poppins had just cleaned the floors, wouldn't it have been easier for Fanny to have just mopped the linseed oil mixture onto the floor instead of hands and knees scrubbing?
BTW, she kept saying linseed oil and "turps" - is "turps" a Brit term for turpentine?
Yes, turps is the English shortened version for turpentine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Question; when F4F comes down the stairs in the cleaning video, to her left, is that a piece of particle board leaned against a doorway? I’m always directionally challenged watching the videos. What is on that side?

Reactions: 11
Nigella certainly made it with double entendres and boobs, but she covers them up, like somebody who really cooks.
I love Nigella! She is classy, entertaining, a great visual cook all rolled up in a sex bomb! If poor Dana is trying to imitate her, she has a long way to go. 😎

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
In the USA you can call yourself interior decorator whether you’ve been educated or tested for the industry. They can be anything from a carpet/paint/wallpaper salesperson in a home center to your neighbor who dabbles. Interior designer is a job title that comes with educational requirements and rigorous testing because they have to know construction as well as the decorating part of design. I’m sure there are some calling themselves interior designers but if the folks at ASID or NAIID get them in their sights it won’t be pretty.
I know a bit about this subject as I am an Interior Designer having met the educational and exam requirements to qualify for licensure in my state. Barely half of the US states have a title/practice act for the profession of “Interior Design”. Typically if a state has a title act, it is to use the title of “Registered Interior Designer (RID)” of “Certified Interior Designer (CID)”, but in most states anyone can still call themselves an Interior Designer and they do. You've shared that you live in Louisiana, Louisiana is one the few US states/districts/territories with a Practice Act for the profession of Interior Design (alongside Nevada, DC, and Puerto Rico).

The use of “Interior Designer” has frequently replaced “Interior Decorator” which was more common a few decades ago. I believe HGTV popularized the term Interior Designer to replace Interior Decorator as (IMO) they misuse the term.

1669660138656.png

From a professional perspective I wholeheartedly agree that there is a big difference between Interior Decorator and Interior Designer (and Interior Architect, which has no legal standing in the US). I would use the terms in different contexts, but many view them as interchangeable (as the Merriam Webster dictionary does).

The relevant professional organizations for Interior Designers in the US are NCIDQ (licensing exam), ASID, and IIDA.

However my point remains the same. Carole from Chateau de la Ferte is an Interior Decorator and in the UK that has a different definition than in the US (and there is probably a lot more nuance in the way it’s used in the UK than I included here). This is why she is has skill installing wallpaper and painting techniques. I don’t always agree with her choices, but she and Adrian work hard and don’t half-a$$ their projects. This I appreciate.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
There is something afoot at lie and lieagainlande. I girded my loins and watched last nights chateau floor makeover.

Hmm. Not so much a makeover as a floor clean. And not before time.

Granted the timeline was all over the place - the woodburners were in, the wood burners were out. Dinner was in the red room, but the dining room had been moved to the entrance hall for Thanksgiving. We were told that this is the par-fect placement of the dining room now! Marie has left. Marie left at Thanksgiving, but then the Thanksgiving timeline was messed with too.

Fanny stated that dinner was for 6, but we only actually saw 4 - fanny, snorts, cuz and angeleyes. So who else was present? Armoire made a point if saying he missed nasti and that Yorick was acting as a replacement (I don't think he wanted to sit next to snorts). So we know nasti is away. Jared and partner? If so why weren't they shown?

Snorts had a real cob on! Face like a slapped arse. Completely out of it when they were speaking french amongst themselves. And then he was gone. Place setting and all. Like he had never been there. Bizarre!

Has fanny woken up and had a f.me epiphany "what the hell have I been doing"? Has he finally got the Spanish archer? Is he currently packing up all his tit? Will he get a lift to the station?

Un petit mystere. And I doubt we'll get any answers. Just more screwed timelines! Oh, and btw, keep an eye on those lemon and lime trees that have been brought inside...

Quick edit... the pie looked good.
Okay C’est moi - in my book you win the prize for the best line “Snorts had a real cob on! FACE LIKE A SLAPPED ARSE”. Superb statement of fact. I am putting 12 Gold Stars next to your name.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm sending invitations to two of Heathcliffe's favorite chateauverse characters, Michael Petherick and Marie Wiik. Of course, someone will need to pick up Michael and drive him to the party.
I think both will have to be picked up as I cannot imagine MW has her blue van anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
No you are not the only person with a woodburner aversion, but for me it depends on their application.
In my opinion they do have their place, either as a stand alone or in a large inglenook.
But I do not like them in chateau fireplaces.

Carole and Adrian at Chateau la Ferte were kindly lent a woodturner for their grand salon by the Lacelle boys.
Luckily they came to their senses and realised how ugly inappropriate it looked and removed it.

Does anybody on Tattle know anything about Carole's background?
Does she have experience in decorative finishes?
I don't always like her choices but her care and attention to detail is superb.
And she could certainly show Stephanie a thing or two about how to hang wallpaper . . . correctly.
Adrian is no slacker either.

Edit: 'normal people with a chateau . . . do a huge spring clean after the winterseason'
Stephanie isn't normal.
i do follow Carole and Adrian..its a very typical couple..but they work hard....oh my.. that place needs so much work...but they do it properly...i get tired just watching them .dragging along...her with her goldleaf and he with replacing all those rotten or woodwormeaten beams.. :eek: ...all that work...and camping in that place...when willl it ever be finished...they have a lott of courage... Have to say i dont like the lay out of the house very much....but i like to follow them..

• Heart
Reactions: 22
F4F mentioned in a vlog , cannot recall which…. That this Christmas was really going to be a big family one for a change…
I wonder if Amourys brother and family will turn up?
Phi phi also has a brother?
And more to the point what about Scotman

I don’t think Larkin or Potts will be there.
We have not seen Fanny make the Christmas cake this year? Or anything coming to that.
If the winter salon was not the British😲 tv project room for decorating, what was that exclusive?
No sign of a tree anywhere.
Will Kirsty do the wreath on the gate?

Jared is busy but doing what? His partner is obviously the free cook because he is staying there…
There was mention of Marc and Amy visiting….
as for those silly little wood burners.
why did she not choose some more period appropriate ones…they look as if they should be in a Scandinavian cabin.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Angel Eyes is younger, prettier, smarter, has talent and a title and is prime designated boy toy material for his sexually voracious employer. I wouldn't eat his duck pie either if I were Pheeph, and I'd make a big deal about it on camera. Because I live to upstage Stephanie Jarvis.
what is Yorick doing there...thats what i want to know...did he have a nervous breakdown from work or something...we all know...that place is filled with disturbed people..not a place for a sane person at all..

i get the feeling Fanny brought snorts in because she needed a replacement for teabeg...well that fart blew out in her grifting face...leaving a nasty smell....but why is she calling him her boyfriend when even an old fashioned grandma can see he is the most obvious gay in town???

We have a student (leaving tomorrow) baths on a sunday whether he needs it or not... 🤦‍♀️ No doubt will need to purchase a new mattress...
i can tell you....we onces had a friend..a young woman..from a very good family...she had some difficulties at home...so she asked us if she could stay for a few weeks....offcourse...no problem...the house is big enough...but that girl never had one shower or bath in the whole month she stayed with us...our housekepper said to me...that girls isnt using any towels i have left in the bathroom..she didnt touch the products...I said no...didnt you notice the smell.... :eek: we kept giving her polite hints that she had to wash...in the end she left...i wont reply what our housekeeper sadi when she had to clean out her room...

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I know a bit about this subject as I am an Interior Designer having met the educational and exam requirements to qualify for licensure in my state. Barely half of the US states have a title/practice act for the profession of “Interior Design”. Typically if a state has a title act, it is to use the title of “Registered Interior Designer (RID)” of “Certified Interior Designer (CID)”, but in most states anyone can still call themselves an Interior Designer and they do. You've shared that you live in Louisiana, Louisiana is one the few US states/districts/territories with a Practice Act for the profession of Interior Design (alongside Nevada, DC, and Puerto Rico).

The use of “Interior Designer” has frequently replaced “Interior Decorator” which was more common a few decades ago. I believe HGTV popularized the term Interior Designer to replace Interior Decorator as (IMO) they misuse the term.

View attachment 1767212

From a professional perspective I wholeheartedly agree that there is a big difference between Interior Decorator and Interior Designer (and Interior Architect, which has no legal standing in the US). I would use the terms in different contexts, but many view them as interchangeable (as the Merriam Webster dictionary does).

The relevant professional organizations for Interior Designers in the US are NCIDQ (licensing exam), ASID, and IIDA.

However my point remains the same. Carole from Chateau de la Ferte is an Interior Decorator and in the UK that has a different definition than in the US (and there is probably a lot more nuance in the way it’s used in the UK than I included here). This is why she is has skill installing wallpaper and painting techniques. I don’t always agree with her choices, but she and Adrian work hard and don’t half-a$$ their projects. This I appreciate.
I agree, wholeheartedly with you.
I initially studied in the UK, garden and landscaping design - physical hard landscaping included, which I loved!
Worked on a few gardens featured within the most prestigious UK gardening TV shows, e.g. Chelsea, Hampton Court etc.
Then, plants and planting designs, i.e. soft landscaping - including learning CAD for demonstrating to clients the overall impact, including 3D demonstration.
And, finally, garden history - which was my absolute favourite element of everything I ever learnt. Just so truly fascinating as it covered history, religion, traditions, cultures, industrial advances and social history from the medieval era right up to present day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
What a joke. Stuck for content the Chatelaine d’Ardwhore got on her hands and knees to scrub an already clean floor. No Fill-Up, I mean Gay Twink in sight. I guess he and the other twinks were still out at the nearest gay bathhouse.

Ah desperation, thy name is Ardwhore! But keep the money rolling in, patrons.
View attachment 1765095
Thread title for sure love it

Reactions: 6
FFS, how many chateaux owners need to do advent vlogs? None, imho! :rolleyes: BUT, we do all know exactly why they do it - show me the money scenario, yet again - how unusual is that? NOT!
If at all necessary in "their" delusional opinion, why not just do, The 12 Days of Christmas? Full stop!
In particular, it would save us having to listen to SJ/PJ's forthcoming excuses as to why they are so late uploading/so busy decorating the trees and rooms/so stressed out by it all etc, etc.
Haven't heard anything about Isobel and Percy recently - are they actually in the UK or have they gone back to SA? Wouldn't blame them if they had. And, will return to the HMN just for Christmas? Very strange to me why they even did come back apart from attending the Patrons' Day, there is defo a much deeper back story behind it all.
Still awaiting full disclosure from DTM regarding financials and/or backers. How the hell is he able to afford doing anything at his ruin? That tarpaulin to cover the roof/hiring a cherry picker/Nic the tree guy's costs for 2 days must far exceed what he earns on YT monthly, surely? What do I know? :unsure:
No mention at all of where he is currently living either. His van perhaps?
And, his last vlog at Annalise's place, I just thought why is he concentrating on the steps/creating planters/entrance area rather than repairing the existing house walls which are in dire need and laying the foundations/plumbing pipes/electricity for the proposed bathroom etc? Just doesn't make sense to me as back to front building process - my XH was a builder, so I do have a little knowledge in that arena.
My prediction for Christmas feast cooking crew - Aunt/Uncle/that couple who recently took ownership of the 2 puppies - BTW, have they even bought a chateau yet as it is all rather vague? PJ/SJ will contribute BUT, in a v.v. small way as obviously PJ will be far too busy decorating/laying the table and SJ will be up until at least 3.am Christmas Eve wrapping presents so she will be knackered!
The jury is still out as to whether Potts and/or Larkin will be in attendance.
Natti can't cook.
Just an aside, but do you think that Natt's mother and sisters are residing at the HMN for free?
Pavlina is far away with the fairies, no doubt! :ROFLMAO:

Yes, turps is the English shortened version for turpentine.
never heard of the combination turpentine and linseedoil....but i have to say we scrub our begian bluestone with old fashion dutch green soap...the other floors are parquet...we use pure linseedoil to get them nice..it works very well and it is cheap...

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.