The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off-Topic Rant:

Why don't doctors listen to Women? Why don't they take us seriously?

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

I am hoping for the best but bracing for the worst.
Trying to placate the children and my elderly parents that things will be okay.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
I do understand ..... many years ago Doctors fobbed me off with "period pain" ...... it went on for years and in the end my right ovary burst and I got peritonitis - a cyst burst and that was the end of that ovary.
Many cysts are not cancer and your mass could be a cyst. They really hurt , especially when you move. So thats all the bloody time!
I am keeping you in my prayers Granola Chic and if you do not like a doctor..... get another opinion or another doctor! We are paying them!
I have had arrogant doctors , male and female !!
Make sure you have good pain relief after that stomach surgery ---- especially if you get that tablet to take to the hospital ..... sometimes I laugh so much reading here and with your surgery , it could hurt laughing - a lot !! lol
Big hugs!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Don’t attack please- but....
I’m trying to figure out who “Nadillac” boy is???
I have not read everyday...
I even looked at Wiki....
No way I had time to read all that....🤦🏼‍♀️
some relative of former owners, he's volunteer in the shadoo now

Thanks for this!
Now we can definitively conclude that PhiPhi indeed hasn't changed his jumper for DAYS! He must smell worse than the goat cheese man!
i bet cheese man has warm bathroom with cold and HOT water

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1765707
Im a bit behind and have not watched her video yet, but was it mentioned why the log burner disappeared? Where’s the dinning table?
This is the winter salon and we now know it needs redecoration. SJ words not mine.

I thought she visited a Christmas market in Latvia or maybe Estonia-- wherever she went with her prior boyfriend a few years ago...
That was pre advent flogs. When she hadn't had cash.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I watched a few seconds of Dan's video.
What does that man live on?
He has two children.
How he finances himself and his family. I'm just getting bills, food prices have skyrocketed, pay for a child's trip, pay for training, equipment.....
I won't even talk about Dan's ruin. That's not the topic now.
I have an apartment without a mortgage, a job, and in this crisis I'm a bit panicking.
Dan collects ashes from the ruin. It won't make him any money, except for a little YT revenue.
Someone explain to me, please.
I've just watched his video, it's hilarious.. Dan has invested in more tools, a spade and a wheelbarrow. I kid you not, he did a vlog about sweeping, mildly more interesting than strimming. It looks like his youtube channel is his only source of income and will fund the renovation of his wreck. this will take years and years.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Off-Topic Rant:

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
What a worrying time for you. If you need to rant then come on here and rant. We can take it. If you need to talk then I’m sure someone will be online whatever time of day/night it is. Have they given you anything for the pain in the meantime. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm not going to praise SJ for the floor until it is COMPLETE. Currently it is just another unfinished job in the farmhouse. I agree that the smartest way to apply the linseed would be to buy a new (therefore clean) soft headed sweeping brush and have a matching sized vessel for the oil.

We have learned that there are no Jewish staff in Tattle after the 🐓⬆

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh Gracie! Why do you say upper body strength in relation to PhiPhi!? Such a thing does not exist!! Bleech! 😝😉🤢

Not Stephending, but her “Advent” vlogs always start December 1st. Not about tradition, it’s YouTube revenue.
In previous years d’Arwhore the floor scrubber really talked up advent before advent. This year - nothing. There has hardly been mention of Christmas.

Reactions: 21
To Confuse you even further marquis, both images is Jared partner cooking for the thanksgiving dinner, with the impression that it is the same day right?

Exhibit A Jared partner is wearing white jumper with green trousers. and it's getting dark outside
Exhibit B, he is wearing jeans and t-shirt

Exhibit C The Nadaillac boy wears this jumper when Maria leaves (pre thanksgiving)
Exhibit D same jumper, Maria has left, The Nadaillac boy cooked. That's why there weren't any leftover thanksgiving. it's pre-thanksgiving.
Continuity guy is having a bad day...!

He has said in the past that it was difficult for him to get his license in France, so instead he was going back to the UK to get it ... then COVID happened.

I presumed it was a language barrier as his French isn't fluent. But in reality he's a lazy fucker, who lets mummy run around after him.
Even if he went back to the UK to get his driving licence he still wouldn't be able to drive in France for a qualifying period. If he is resident in France with a valid title de séjour he would also have to change his UK driving licence to a French one. I believe that the "amnesty" on driving licence swaps has finished and he would be liable to take a test. So, Michael, bite the bullet get yourself signed up with a driving school take the written test (you get coaching in this) and then have the driving lessons. Do all this in french and it will do wonders for your language skills. Then take your bloody practical test.

Yes it was the dark chocolate one!
With the red wrapper.

I find his speech pattern so hard to listen to as well!
I sit there watching and want to say to Patrick . . . will you just say it for god's sake.
I think he's one of those people who think as they speak rather than forming an idea and saying it.

Apart from that little whinge I think Stuart and Patrick are very kind and would make good friends.
The dark chocolate ritter marzipan has just the right ratio of dark chocolate to marzipan. It is too moorish!

Off-Topic Rant:

Surgery is on Friday.

Rant Over.
That's terrible. Keeping everything crossed that all goes well and a speedy recovery. Virtual hugs 😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
As well as that manky jumper stinking I expect the gilet does too considering they both share clothes - they are just so dirty. Also F4Fs is over the top gushing about how warm the log burners are, even claiming she needed to go outside to cool down 😆🙄 I bet she’s paving the way to announce that this interim measure is the only heating she’ll now be installing throughout the whole tit’o.
B57D83F1-989C-498E-AC55-3891AF113232.jpeg
11369214-45EC-4534-9FC1-F5FE324E953C.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 26
MP is in his mid-30s so crack on son!
1. He needs it as he's in the middle of nowhere in France (hard to meet you grindr meet ups!).
2. There is nothing stopping Michael from returning to UK to his license as lockdowns are over.
3. As a new Tattler mentioned that watching the latest vlog from the Pathetic-riks, your partner comments Michael didn't look well. He made a vlog maybe 6 months ago that he diagnosed himself with adult ADHD and was on medication. We all questioned that as that med is good for weight loss.
4. It is too late for Mumma Pathetic-rick to give him some tough love; no Michael I won't drive you to lala land.
5. He has no cash to fulfill his ideal life of Europe gay party life. So he's stuck in rural France.

Personally, I loved the chemistry between Michael and Stef, it was electric. But she's been burnt by him financially. I wish he'd return to Lala land but Sir Snorts is front and centre at the moment so that relationship is over ... until Stef kicks Sir Snorts to the kerb with all his ceramics!
ADHD? Really? I was diagnosed last year. A relief to know at least I think so. It must be more than that. SJ burned? She back stabbed the P’s a while ago, I remember this. Can’t remember the details though. Safe to say, the whole bunch have something wrong with them. One way or another. PhiPhi, hm. Is he on his way out do you think?

Reactions: 20
He is the great-grandson of the former owners of the farm house (not a chateau!).

I personally like to think he's there to kick Sir Snorts a Lot (Phillip) out of Stef's bed (that he allegedly sleeps in) and woo her, thus taking over the shitshow again!
He might wanna buy a hazmat suit if he’s going anywhere near that punami! The entire chateauverse knows where it’s been!

Off-Topic Rant:

Surgery is on Friday.

Rant Over.
Oh dear, do please take care of yourself! Think of that tablet as self care just don’t laugh too hard and bust your stitches afterwards. And make sure to tell your family you will be marshalling the troops for the Christmas holidays as you’ll be concentrating on healing! Sending out positive reinforcement for the universe to look over you!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
well Fanny...normal people with a chateau...do a huge spring clean after the winterseason....when the dust and the smoke of the open fires...and the burning candles are gone... :rolleyes: its also nice when you can open your windows when you clean the place...just an idea...

Btw...am i the only one who finds these woodburners too small and also quite ugly???
No you are not the only person with a woodburner aversion, but for me it depends on their application.
In my opinion they do have their place, either as a stand alone or in a large inglenook.
But I do not like them in chateau fireplaces.

Carole and Adrian at Chateau la Ferte were kindly lent a woodturner for their grand salon by the Lacelle boys.
Luckily they came to their senses and realised how ugly inappropriate it looked and removed it.

Does anybody on Tattle know anything about Carole's background?
Does she have experience in decorative finishes?
I don't always like her choices but her care and attention to detail is superb.
And she could certainly show Stephanie a thing or two about how to hang wallpaper . . . correctly.
Adrian is no slacker either.

Edit: 'normal people with a chateau . . . do a huge spring clean after the winterseason'
Stephanie isn't normal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I don’t usually watch Dan’s flog but thought I’d look to see how far his ruin has come on, two words … it’s not! He’s only just started to sweep the floors. I can’t fathom this situation out, he seems to be seriously thinking he will rebuild it himself with anything he can beg, borrow and make do. It’s kinda embarrassing to watch his naivety. His comments reflect this too;
DA659745-C4E3-40D9-BD17-19E22F14D1E3.jpeg

56803F4B-F7EB-494B-8A3B-91203BB0B027.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Okay, the floor scrubbing happened before Thanksgiving. The sideboard was still in the Chinese restaurant, as was all the chairs. This video is probably from two weeks ago. She’s working and cleaning because she reads here and her competition is wiping the floor with her as far as work goes. The winter salon has a fireplace that probably draws now as it has been cleaned or modified. That is where they are going to be doing all of the entertaining during the holidays. That room, the entrance room, the Marquis thing, and the dining room. Maybe there are some other fireplaces they can use now, and that is why there are so many more fire extinguishers now. There will be fires going everywhere. I think all the room change ups are also due to where there will be heat. And what was all of that about Dan buying a fox taxidermy? For what? Why’s she peppering Dan into the conversation? Why’s Anne Marie moving furniture and not Phi Phi? Weird.
Now she's asked Phillis to do some real grunt work, (help move furniture, scrub the floor) he's refused... "my nails"!! So the cracks are starting... he's excluded from flogs and ignored at the table... Never cross a Fanny...

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Well, we can conclude that there will be no roof by december 🤣
Welllll, technically the part of the basement in which he’s working has a roof as the floor of the upper level is still intact. And since it’s not quite December he didn’t actually fail. 🤭😉😂

• Haha
OK, Why did we all suddenly turn Jewish? Why is everyone wearing a kippah?

What Jewish holiday that Tattle Life knows about that I missed?

@Tattlelife and @Moderator
Hanukkah this year begins December 18th (to 26th)! Believe me, I'm Jewish.
Last year's Hanukkah was from November 28th to December 6th. Please make the correction.
Call me tetchy, but I found that a tad disrespectful. It's not fancy dress! Justin Trudeau would have loved it though, he lives for dress-up.

This is the winter salon and we now know it needs redecoration. SJ words not mine.

That was pre advent flogs. When she hadn't had cash.
She needs to stop shopping, there's absolutely NOTHING at ANY market she needs.... she's been gifted enough Christmas tat to start her own market!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.