The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I shall take my leave of you all for a while, Mum finally lost her battle and passed away at home yesterday. I'm obviously on a time delay was ok yesterday but a wreck this morning. A bientot xx
Sad to hear this- prayers for you and yours through this difficult time. 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I watched a few seconds of Dan's video.
What does that man live on?
He has two children.
How he finances himself and his family. I'm just getting bills, food prices have skyrocketed, pay for a child's trip, pay for training, equipment.....
I won't even talk about Dan's ruin. That's not the topic now.
I have an apartment without a mortgage, a job, and in this crisis I'm a bit panicking.
Dan collects ashes from the ruin. It won't make him any money, except for a little YT revenue.
Someone explain to me, please.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
OK, Why did we all suddenly turn Jewish? Why is everyone wearing a kippah?

What Jewish holiday that Tattle Life knows about that I missed?

@Tattlelife and @Moderator
Hanukkah this year begins December 18th (to 26th)! Believe me, I'm Jewish.
Last year's Hanukkah was from November 28th to December 6th. Please make the correction.

I was just wondering that myself! I don’t normally associate it with Advent and Chabad informs me Chanukah isn’t for three weeks!
I appear to have a Kippah, just checked and if I'm right Tattle has used 2021 Hanukkah dates. Google tells me 2022 Hanukkah doesn't start until 18th December. I'm sure @Marquis de Potpourri can confirm and advise do not tag a moderator, there's a report function if so.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
License requirements for non-French citizens are much more difficult from what he said in a past vlog. He did talk about going back to the UK to get his license as it would be much easier. Posted somewhere… when he was in his youth he lived in metropolitan cities with good transportation and didn’t need a license. 🙂
I got mine when I was 34. Didn't really need it before that. 🤷

Reactions: 14
Off-Topic Rant:

Why don't doctors listen to Women? Why don't they take us seriously?

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

I am hoping for the best but bracing for the worst.
Trying to placate the children and my elderly parents that things will be okay.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I wonder if SJ understands timelines. I know when you edit, things get pushed around, but this is ridiculous. What happened to Philip? And how are three log burners going to keep the place warm? What happened to the one in the kitchen? Why not fix the one in the room most used? First of advent have passed, no advent calendar? No mention of it at all. But on a positive note, SJ actually worked. First time in a very long time.

Off-Topic Rant:

The last week has been pure hell. It's been so bad I haven't even clocked into tattle.
I have a stomach ache to end all stomach aches. Severe pain. At the doctor's office twice, then finally, the emergency room, where I literally begged them to do something! The Emergency Doc reluctantly ordered a CT scan. It turns out there is a massive mass on my right ovary.
Surgery is on Friday.

Rant Over.
Bought myself a tablet so I can keep up with you witches while laid up (I mean, you lovely people )
Because this idea, women are emotionally unstable still prevails. I have a thyroid issue and got really sick. All in my head I was told. 12 years later someone finally listened.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I wonder if SJ understands timelines. I know when you edit, things get pushed around, but this is ridiculous. What happened to Philip? And how are three log burners going to keep the place warm? What happened to the one in the kitchen? Why not fix the one in the room most used? First of advent have passed, no advent calendar? No mention of it at all. But on a positive note, SJ actually worked. First time in a very long time.

Because this idea, women are emotionally unstable still prevails. I have a thyroid issue and got really sick. All in my head I was told. 12 years later someone finally listened.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Wood stoves are the new and only Christmas decorations this year. ;)You didn't know that? Now you know!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
To Confuse you even further marquis, both images is Jared partner cooking for the thanksgiving dinner, with the impression that it is the same day right?

Exhibit A Jared partner is wearing white jumper with green trousers. and it's getting dark outside
Exhibit B, he is wearing jeans and t-shirt

Exhibit C The Nadaillac boy wears this jumper when Maria leaves (pre thanksgiving)
Exhibit D same jumper, Maria has left, The Nadaillac boy cooked. That's why there weren't any leftover thanksgiving. it's pre-thanksgiving.

Thanks for this!
Now we can definitively conclude that PhiPhi indeed hasn't changed his jumper for DAYS! He must smell worse than the goat cheese man!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Thank you Mrs Haversham for responding in such completeness.❤ ❤
I understand your reasoning about isolation and point taken about cycling.

So it begs the question why does Michael not drive?
We are not privy to everything in vlogger's lives or their personal history.
We only know what they allow us to see or what Tattlers are able to discover.
Michael may have a medical condition, or he simply may not have the confidence to drive.
In case of emergency, there is usually enough people at the chateau to assist him.

If the very worst happened he could saddle up Elsa, or attach her to Mo's newly refurbished jinker. :LOL:
I seem to recall he has driven the golf buggy in the forest at Basmaigne <sp>. Quite erratically if I remember correctly. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Snorts really had his nose put out of joint (!) at the dinner Yorrick cooked - he's used to lording it at the table with the guests but this time they started without him, he was ignored while they praised the food in FRENCH & THE CHEF as he sat staring in disbelief at Fanny, being kept out of the conversation and then flouncing out. Oddly enough he wasn't missed in the comments, compliments flying for Amaury & the new kid on the block, till just a couple asked why he wasn't present so 'Caroline Gooder' huffed that he had to do Nutti's admin. Not sorely missed....yippee😊

• Haha
Reactions: 31
He is the great-grandson of the former owners of the farm house (not a chateau!).

I personally like to think he's there to kick Sir Snorts a Lot (Phillip) out of Stef's bed (that he allegedly sleeps in) and woo her, thus taking over the shitshow again!
Thanks so much @MsPitstop!!!
I have not watched so I didn’t know who might be eye candy/ none that I’ve seen on there before. 😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Off-Topic Rant:

Surgery is on Friday.

Rant Over.
I’m so sorry you are going through this. I totally know what you mean. I’m assuming everyone you saw was a man. Male doctors do not bleeping listen. Half the time I even wonder if they even care about people and just became doctors for the paycheck. I wish someone would revolutionize modern medicine.

Stay strong witch!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I shall take my leave of you all for a while, Mum finally lost her battle and passed away at home yesterday. I'm obviously on a time delay was ok yesterday but a wreck this morning. A bientot xx
My condolences
🙏♥

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I got mine when I was 34. Didn't really need it before that. 🤷
MP is in his mid-30s so crack on son!
1. He needs it as he's in the middle of nowhere in France (hard to meet you grindr meet ups!).
2. There is nothing stopping Michael from returning to UK to his license as lockdowns are over.
3. As a new Tattler mentioned that watching the latest vlog from the Pathetic-riks, your partner comments Michael didn't look well. He made a vlog maybe 6 months ago that he diagnosed himself with adult ADHD and was on medication. We all questioned that as that med is good for weight loss.
4. It is too late for Mumma Pathetic-rick to give him some tough love; no Michael I won't drive you to lala land.
5. He has no cash to fulfill his ideal life of Europe gay party life. So he's stuck in rural France.

Personally, I loved the chemistry between Michael and Stef, it was electric. But she's been burnt by him financially. I wish he'd return to Lala land but Sir Snorts is front and centre at the moment so that relationship is over ... until Stef kicks Sir Snorts to the kerb with all his ceramics!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Snorts really had his nose put out of joint (!) at the dinner Yorrick cooked - he's used to lording it at the table with the guests but this time they started without him, he was ignored while they praised the food in FRENCH & THE CHEF as he sat staring in disbelief at Fanny, being kept out of the conversation and then flouncing out. Oddly enough he wasn't missed in the comments, compliments flying for Amaury & the new kid on the block, till just a couple asked why he wasn't present so 'Caroline Gooder' huffed that he had to do Nutti's admin. Not sorely missed....yippee😊
Amongst other things lovely Philip is such a brat.
And his behaviour at the dinner table as you describe it demonstrated this to a t.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Michael P is an urbanite & never needed to drive in the uk and couldn't be arsed to do the paperwork or learn enough french to do the test in France. Now with Brexit if, & it's a big if, he decided to get a British or EU licence, it would involve even more paperwork. Lucky sod, Billy gave him the Merc so he didn't even have to do A Buy Me a Drink Fund for it. Still he was fun enough to be with in the early days that Steph went & got him twice & then Ma P too, did the 10 hour round trip , jealous of the popularity he was getting on the Advent Diaries when he could be spreading a little stardust on their own channels.Ma P is very vocal on FB promoting her boy btw. He was def the golden boy then & not the soiled goods he became when he tinderd & grindrd his way to disaster

@MsPitstop. Didn't see your post but yes, exactly what I mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
if she had worn one of those ghastly grifted south african dresses...from whats his name ..Spiro Violotti??? that would have made a real spectacle.. :rolleyes: :p..but well...in my opinion she can better use these dresses for cutting them and use them as cloths for cleaning the silver......

Btw no vlog from Dan tonight...did his chateau collapse... :rolleyes: or has it lost its roof??:LOL: i guess his menthal healthvlog with Amaury..took all his energy...
they would made lovely patchwork quilts

What if, they are going to do a tour of Christmas markets? Starting in Strassbourg, followed by Cologne, then maastricht, pop into pairs before returning to La Lande.

That's 5 days of Advent filled! If they have pre filmed some ''decorating one of the 20 trees'' videos, they can be gone for 5 days, back at lalande, while editing the Christmas market video's, and playing old footage!

She never visited a Christmas market on her vlogs yet.
she did, but i don't remember where they were.

View attachment 1765246

View attachment 1765217
Jezi H
4 minutes ago
Is Philip feeling ok? Quite subdued at dinner. Be well!!

View attachment 1765288

View attachment 1765220
Nancy Stevens
25 minutes ago
The Cartier watch should probably come off!
dutch boy's face reminds me on michael potterick's when he was on laland party for a last time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.