The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
get the eye candy from next door when he jumps in his outdoor spa as a shot and ask for buy me a coffee???
Terrible to hear about christmas cake drama, but please do show us more.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There were discussions here some days ago about Madam Pinocchio's parliament vlog. I thought it was odd she would be called to parliament to promote e-begging. It looks like some of it was exaggerated for her audience who would believe everything she says as they don't live in France.

Well, she says she was summoned to parliament by her local MP to speak about her patreon account. Their insta & FB pages say she was invited to an event by an organisation called Activ'Berry to speak about investing & succeeding in heritage where she spoke about raising funds (begging) to restore a historical building (her home). She was one of the speakers at the event which was held at part of the parliament building & anyone could apply by email if they wanted to attend (I think they paid a fee). The assumption by viewers from other countries (& her narrative & clickbait thumbnails) is that she gave a speech to other govt officials about her patreon account.

Address of The National Assembly in Paris (Parliament), 126 rue de l'Universite, Paris
Address of where the event was held (Hotel de la Questure) 128 rue de l'Universite, Paris

The links below show more pictures & details of the event if anyone wants to see them.

https://www.picuki.com/profile/activberry
https://www.facebook.com/activberry

Also for those who are fans of the Fleuries. If you want to know the total (estimated) cost of their renovations & the cost of their rooms per night, check the link below. Have they ever mentioned the total renovation costs to their patrons? The article didn't state they got the renovation funds by e-begging. They only mentioned bank loans, insurance, their ytube account & they stated they will use money from their guest house (not patreon) for more renovations (liars).

insider.com/chateau-normandy-guesthouse-renovation-diy-before-after-photos-2022-4

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I enjoyed the well thought out Q&A by the couple at Chateau Du Pernon. They have really tackled their humongous restoration project with a lot of thought. They even realize they will never see the end of the restoration in their lifetime. So why they chose to sink all their money into a bottomless pit with no family connection is beyond me. I did like their reasoning of restoring the pool first giving them an area for recreation while undertaking the restoration.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
There were discussions here some days ago about Madam Pinocchio's parliament vlog. I thought it was odd she would be called to parliament to promote e-begging. It looks like some of it was exaggerated for her audience who would believe everything she says as they don't live in France.

Well, she says she was summoned to parliament by her local MP to speak about her patreon account. Their insta & FB pages say she was invited to an event by an organisation called Activ'Berry to speak about investing & succeeding in heritage where she spoke about raising funds (begging) to restore a historical building (her home). She was one of the speakers at the event which was held at part of the parliament building & anyone could apply by email if they wanted to attend (I think they paid a fee). The assumption by viewers from other countries (& her narrative & clickbait thumbnails) is that she gave a speech to other govt officials about her patreon account.

Address of The National Assembly in Paris (Parliament), 126 rue de l'Universite, Paris
Address of where the event was held (Hotel de la Questure) 128 rue de l'Universite, Paris

The links below show more pictures & details of the event if anyone wants to see them.

Also for those who are fans of the Fleuries. If you want to know the total (estimated) cost of their renovations & the cost of their rooms per night, check the link below. Have they ever mentioned the total renovation costs to their patrons? The article didn't state they got the renovation funds by e-begging. They only mentioned bank loans, insurance, their ytube account & they stated they will use money from their guest house (not patreon) for more renovations (liars).

insider.com/chateau-normandy-guesthouse-renovation-diy-before-after-photos-2022-4
Good work exposing the whole summoned to parliament shenanigans. Why would the French parliament give a hoot about Fanny and her scheming? Answer: They wouldn't. She's a spin master for sure. One of these days she's going to spin herself into her own web of lies and deceit. 🕸 🕷 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Let me see if I've got this right. Maria went back home to Cyprus to be with her family until the BnB starts up again. Pavlina went to MM for how long? So what happened to them being a so called couple? Have they uncoupled? Will Pavlina have to hop from one chateau to another just like Selmar and FRK? If I had one of those chateaux, I would get security cameras pronto so that I could be on the lookout for "refugees" coming from LaLande. Quick, turn off the lights, lock the door, and draw up the bridge over the moat, another "refugee" from LaLande is approaching.
Unless Pavlina is going to visit Maria in Cyprus for a bit- If Maria is disappearing and Pavlina I suspect that the chateau will be on skeleton staff. They probably are loooking forward to a warm house and good food and no fanny! With the messed up timeline heaven knows if they are actually in the chateau or on yet another holiday ( with preflimed christmas flogs) - I bet they will be arounf for maybe Xmas and a little before and after ( to receive all the gifts and eat lots of food) and then will bugger off again to SA until mid jan/feb Mummy and Percy will probably head back to the warmth of SA after Xmas, Anne Marie and Natzi and maybe Kirsty will hold down the cold fort. Will they be allowed heating if the queen and her non bed buddy aren't around?

I can almost guarantee that come Jan - all the renovation that is suppose to happen will be delayed. Due to poor weather ( A local builders favourite excuse) or other non-specific delays (probably due to structural issues that need more work - therefore need more money funneled into it ) Fanny will maybe rush back to see them between holidays or may get someone else to flog whilst she is sadly indisposed on a sun bed somewhere buying more expensive tat.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Let me see if I've got this right. Maria went back home to Cyprus to be with her family until the BnB starts up again. Pavlina went to MM for how long? So what happened to them being a so called couple? Have they uncoupled? Will Pavlina have to hop from one chateau to another just like Selmar and FRK? If I had one of those chateaux, I would get security cameras pronto so that I could be on the lookout for "refugees" coming from LaLande. Quick, turn off the lights, lock the door, and draw up the bridge over the moat, another "refugee" from LaLande is approaching.
We only know what we have been told, maybe Pavlina was just visiting Sarah and will be going to Cyprus too. Her absence has not been explained, and even if explained may not be true. and Maybe they are not a couple and Pavlina is having fun visiting other people, Maybe she wants to be warm for the winter and not left at Lalande when everyone leaves for the Winter . WE will never know

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1761442
Nicky L
4 hours ago
I don't understand why in a French chateau with a British doyenne. They celebrate an american holiday but skip many of their own traditions. I would much rather watch something and learn about less known traditions and not something that is appropriated. Also lets not forget the problematic side of thanksgiving and the colonisation by the Brits and the French (among others). So them to celebrate thanksgiving is grotesque.
I find it amusing folks are up in arms about the shitalaine "celebrating" American Thanksgiving. The only American thing about it was 3 of the attendees and the date the vlog aired. It was just another meal to her - no sentiment or gratitude whatsoever. Those that are upset should be happy she hasn't appropriated, butchered, and exploited their holidays and monetized them for her own personal gain.

• Haha
  • Heart
I shall take my leave of you all for a while, Mum finally lost her battle and passed away at home yesterday. I'm obviously on a time delay was ok yesterday but a wreck this morning. A bientot xx
My sincerest condolences to you. *hugs*

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Great info @KittCatt! What a find. And I get what you're saying @KyBourbon - is fanny deliberately leading on everyone or is she just so disorganised. I think it's a bit of both. She likes to "big up" whatever it is she is doing to her rabid fans knowing they'll lap it up and she gets more cash. We know she lies and plays the smoke and mirrors game, things keep coming back at her and it would appear that there is the start of some discord amongst her fans. All that said, fanny has never worked a day in her life. She has never pulled in a regular salary. She has never had to budget. And it would appear no-one has ever said no to her. So I imagine her "paperwork" is in complete disarray and she has no idea how to right it. She knows it's a mess and if that was me I wouldn't want some outsider looking into it to try and sort it out. Maybe that's part of the reason maman came back? So she fabricated scenarios and tells lies to impress and get more money in, in the hope that the mess will miraculously right itself. I personally think that she is just digging a deeper and deeper hole and she will suck anyone who is around lielande or has ever been around lielande into it.

• Heart
I was thinking about why Phyllis is all of a sudden cooking. A few thoughts came to me. One, Maria is gone. Two, Mom and Dad are coming so he wants to show them he's not completely lame and hopeless. Three, he doesn't want any more falafels or empanadas. 🧆 🌮 No empanada emoji, taco is as close as I could get.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I shall take my leave of you all for a while, Mum finally lost her battle and passed away at home yesterday. I'm obviously on a time delay was ok yesterday but a wreck this morning. A bientot xx
Sending many hugs and prayers.

• Heart
I am So very sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself, I’m sure everyone here will be sending you their love. 💕💕

• Heart
Everyone! Stop the presses! There’s a Live from Doing It Ourselves scheduled for 3:30 pm Eastern Time (little less than 2 hours from now)! Michael’s gotta get these in before the end of the year so that 2022 isn’t a total waste! Nothing like waiting until the last minute to announce a live vlog.

B4BE0572-410B-4CBF-ADED-24B5A1D59E01.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Good work exposing the whole summoned to parliament shenanigans. Why would the French parliament give a hoot about Fanny and her scheming? Answer: They wouldn't. She's a spin master for sure. One of these days she's going to spin herself into her own web of lies and deceit. 🕸 🕷 😵💫
Seeing as there is a link to her YouTube channel on their Facebook page may be her undoing. How long before the residents of Berry catch onto what she is really up to. 😂🍾💃🏻

Everyone! Stop the presses! There’s a Live from Doing It Ourselves scheduled for 3:30 pm Eastern Time (little less than 2 hours from now)! Michael’s gotta get these in before the end of the year so that 2022 isn’t a total waste! Nothing like waiting until the last minute to announce a live vlog.

View attachment 1762345
Perfect timing because I promised my son I would see up his torn work jacket tonight before he goes to work. At least this way I’m being productive while watching.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
off topic but I am in TSD forget the post it is happening now, for many years my christmas cakes was a one kilo ernest adams iced cake. NO longer producing closed down. Refuse to pay the $15 ofr the 350g boxed type from bakery I dont know. Best friend absolutly fabulous cook had a catering business and resturant for many years gave me her fail safe christmas cake receipe, from the girl guides booklet circa 1967.

Time to be a big girl she says, today was the day one hour preparing been in oven 2 half hours opened door (it not a sponge) she said a 20cm tin I put in a larger one has had a lot, as it has risen globed over sides burning on oven floor and it is still a googy syodge in tin with black top.

Put a brown paper bag on top (I know this) asked partner why they never told me oven letting of a burning smell. Reply Well its so normal with you didnt think anything of it.

Advice please obviously no Christmas cake to solve this, should I set up a go fund me page to afford an expensive large boxed cake $60, or should I get my blue Iphone out and start screamimg and flapping about as I talk to my cat and show you my garden, get the eye candy from next door when he jumps in his outdoor spa as a shot and ask for buy me a coffee???

Kind words from fellow tattlers might also help
Aren't you supposed to soak them forever so the dried fruit absorbs the booze? I've never made one... maybe that's xmas puddings? Haven't made those either.

Reactions: 13
I’m so sorry. You must be exhausted, such an emotional roller coaster and now dealing with the many things that will be necessary.
Sending courage and strength especially for the next few weeks.

I think Amy and Marc have done so much to not only the chateau and the grounds but really excellent quality work and restoration. They don’t have much visible help and to have two young children with maybe being slightly older parents( I think Amy was breast feeding the one year old in the live chat yesterday? ) this must be even more tiring? Not sure as not a parent…..

They entertain normal family and interact together in a healthy way imo. The vlogging is an additional job and I imagine that with her last life being paid well the hours she puts into vlogging and editing are poor rewards.
It’s a big place to live in which is not always an advantage with young children hence Billy and Gwen move into the coach house and Amay and Marc are going to do the same.
They have good credentials but whether it is worth the stress for the YouTube/ patron income I doubt!

The problem is of course CD . They all think they can earn 30 k dollars a month.
No other chateau operates like this tho so why don’t the chateau verse see this?

What's considered clean differs. I find it honest and forthright. Messy isn’t the same as dirty. We all like it differently. I grew up in a squeaky clean house. Our hell on all fronts. I like it tidy but don't have the energy or will to keep it that way. Looks better than SJ shittoo.

She lives in France. Is half French. But doesn't celebrate French Holidays? Isn’t that odd?
View attachment 1761725
As I don't watch her vlogs anymore, I don't know which model she used. That's why I insert link to their website above.
The heating’ engineer ‘ eg Amourys mate…. Said it was a 15 ton cherry picker.
Thank you so much for adding the pics😍

And Sabine who left promptly to go to a chateau nearby. And was going to be popping back, never to be seen again.
Maybe when Maria gets back to Cyprus has some heat and normal company she will realise she was at a madhouse.

It's neither of these. I looked on the website and there isn't one shown like the one they had. I imagine it's special order, professionals only. She did say that Nathan had to order it from another depot and wait until it was available. Difficult to say how much the hire was, plus the cost of the low loader transport. Every few years we hire one of the truck based ones for lopping our trees. That's usually in the region of 400€-500€ for 36 hours.

She's certainly very forgetful...
Thank you re LOXAM.

I am sure their behaviour would be of interest to the hire company….
The expense will hopefully 🤪😂😂 mean all three wood burners are installed. Will we see the other two burners in position.
Maybe squirrel will declare that F4F must move bedrooms and have a suite elsewhere in the dump?
He has plans…..of transforming absolutely everything I am certain

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.