The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I've missed congratulating you on your new VIP sticker!! I look forward to celebrating next Christmas the way I'm chatting!

Reactions: 16
That's interesting about shingles!
There is now an ad on tv about shingles on regular repeat.
I think you may have answered our question as to why?
There is so much we don't know about covid and it's long term effects.
There’s a television add that gets lots of air time here, for a vaccine. “Shingles doesn’t CARE” if you make healthy lifestyle choices and so on. Well, my husband got shingles (b4 he ever got Covid) and now the running joke between the kids and us is “shingles doesn’t care”. If we promote or boast about making a healthy choice: “shingles doesn’t care”. Hahaha. Been going on for months now.

Reactions: 17
I had shingles when I was four years old.
Shingles doesn't care.

Reactions: 12
My kids and I have had Covid twice, hubby once- I’m in a clinic for long Covid (spare everyone the details here). Last month, my 11 year old missed 2 weeks of school due to RSV and my daughter 1 week. We waited in our ER for over 8 hours when all symptoms returned for my daughter after a few days of returning to school (fever spiked and stayed for hours between 103.5-103.9). There’s a shortage of children’s pain meds here. It’s absolutely ridiculous- the shelves are bare and have been for weeks. If one can find a compounding pharmacy, then maybe it’s possible to get something. Our healthcare system here in Alberta is in ruins and there are many people who are not receiving the care they need in time. Well- it gets political, so I’ll end it there. There is still an official RSV outbreak declared at their school. My kids are finally back and report that 10-15 kids are missing each day from their class!

I just read your post (before posting my 11 & 12 year olds experiences). I wish your grand- daughter well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Thank you for posting.....I like them both, but the Mary Berry one is good because it explains the marzipan and icing technique! I am making this! I think I may make it in two loaf pans, so I can do one with and without the icing and marzipan, though. I worry that the cake is already sweet enough and then to add the icing and marzipan, it may just put it over the top! But the cake is so pretty!

Reactions: 10
View attachment 1770393
What is the thing I've circled in red? Any ideas?
Philip has been secret messaging me on Reddit and Only Fans. He told me, it’s one of those travel urinal type things that ladies can use to pee standing up. Because there’s no running water in the chateau, Stephanie uses it in her bedroom window with the long hose part flowing down into the courtyard fountain. In my professional opinion, the green fountain water means Steph might have a UTI.

Reactions: 39
Too far to tell but looks a lot like a collapsed copper rain hopper and downspout. I’m also curious about the scrawniness of the courtyard trees on the scaffolding! Don’t look too healthy!
So it’s not a hedgehoggy run then.

I can’t ever imagine BJJ having any kinds of pet. Has he ever, I wonder? If loves animals so much, why didn’t he care-take Armoire’s dog for him while he was away. He basically has zero contact with any real live animals at the heap… those that are there and those who are visiting. Well- there was that obese hedgehog but it seemed so childish.

Reactions: 14
Sound like someone is keeping you on your game! Or throwing you off…

Reactions: 14
Is there anything better than a Z-pack? It's like the miracle of antibiotics, isn't it?
The Allegra should help you tremendously! My husband used to get perpetual sinus infections. He got very sick in late April of 2020, woke up one night in a pool of sweat and was shaking really badly. I can't even tell you how many telehealth calls he had with his doctor about it over the course of several days. I feel like our doctor called him every day, several times a day, because there was concern he either had or had had Covid. Covid testing was not great then (we're talking two months into the pandemic) and our primary care doctor of 20+ years said it wasn't even worth getting a test because at the time there were too many false negatives/positives (can't remember which) and it took too long to get the results back. He sent him to an ENT that was taking in-person patients (God Bless this guy for seeing patients during this time!) and it turns out it was a really bad sinus infection. My husband has taken Allegra for years - way back when it was prescription only - but he usually stopped taking it in the Fall, when his allergies were over. This ENT said he should take it daily all year round. My husband has done that and hasn't had a sinus infection since! And he used to get them all the time!

J’Dore and respect you Ma’dame! Going to be contrary. I think Stephanie in those days needed Michael more than he needed her. His subscriber numbers skyrocketed beyond anything that she could match, she was Still nowhere near his numbers when he started melting down. IMHO, he withdrew and she was forced to deal with not being on his coattails. I only discovered her through Michael.….the consequences which started her buying subscribers. He made her….

Oh, I get a bunch of different brands of panettone and agree, French toast is amazing with it! I also like those miniature mince pies from Walkers! I just got a box of them from Trader Joe's, of all places! I looked up and there they were! I haven't opened them yet, but you reminded me I had them! Tomorrow is looking up!

Like I said, I see bigger clothes in my future come January!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.