The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good Morning from the Beautiful Pacific Northwest! Pretty quiet on the Tattler front so far.
  • Young fellow with bad haircut and irritating voice from England setting tables has been mentioned a few times. Candles too tall was pointed out. Something to watch out for when setting you next holiday table.
  • Horse face Ed and sweet Anna also making a few headlines. Ed continuing to be an ass to Anna.
  • A couple of style vloggers in the news, Audrey Coyne with the same irritating voice as whatshisname along with Suzanna Salk and Marie Anne Lecoeur.
  • Sneaky Philip not Phyllis, with his Tesla. It's been suggested he should grow a beard due to his weak chin. 🧔🏻‍♀️
  • Pros and cons of treating tiles still being discussed
  • Pros and cons of wearing gloves while cutting holly also mentioned.
  • Lady of the Chateau continuing to get good reviews! May have to watch that one.

Reactions: 25
Ah, okay, thank you... I was sure it began with a B...

Reactions: 8
I also watch her vlogs. She doesn't put on airs and shows a variety of homes owned mostly by bonafide interior decorators from modern to very traditional.
Apologies for being off topic, I’m floored with a virus at the moment so any vlogs you can recommend to help pass the day would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we have similar taste. Thank you

Reactions: 16
Apologies for being off topic, I’m floored with a virus at the moment so any vlogs you can recommend to help pass the day would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we have similar taste. Thank you
If I think of any, I'll let you know. Hope you feel better real soon! ‍🩹

Reactions: 13
L
Love your morning roundups. yes do watch the ladies. FF button helps a lot

I’m enjoying left coast revivals ATM. She has great taste. Hope u feel better soon.

oh I also enjoy housein habit on Insta. Her stories are the best.

Last edited:
Is Dame Fanny wearing crotchless knickers on her head?

Yes about the lamps (yes about everything on your post, actually!) - I think the shades are just too large for the bases. It's like he took two buffet/candlestick lamps and shoved two oversized shades to compensate for the lack of overhead lighting. That said, he rents the place, so I guess he doesn't want to spend on a proper fixture for over the table. Who knows? I sort of feel badly for him, but he's making it way too easy to bust on him!

Reactions: 14
Congratulations @Beachgirl

I didn't get past the first 5 minutes...couldn't stop looking at Dan's 'worn' jeans...does he think he was being trendy? Did he borrow them from Mancub? Dan trying to philosophical is a stretch too far..that voice Dan is called Ego the innervoice is more of a feeling, intuition its a guidance system, leave Google to those who choose to find their answers externally all you need to know is within.

And there's no Bradley Walsh x

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Back in the early days of me watching Chateau Diaries, Stephanie and Philip visited and did a tour of Castle Ten Berghe. It is Emory's /Amaury's family's chateau. He mentioned going there as a child to visit his grandparents who lived there.

Hope you feel better soon!

I shall take my leave of you all for a while, Mum finally lost her battle and passed away at home yesterday. I'm obviously on a time delay was ok yesterday but a wreck this morning. A bientot xx
@JackSpratt I'm sorry for your pain..your mum knew when it was time to leave the physical world. She didn't pass away, she passed over to non physical where energy never dies. In the times of deepest sorrow know that she is with you and always will be. Take care

Reactions: 17
Don’t forget about using linseed oil on cricketbats

• Lady of the Chateau continuing to get good reviews! May have to watch that one.
You should watch it....they don't put out many videos, but when they do, they're usually pretty long. I fast forward through some of it when it gets tedious. Also, even though I hate recommending a video of Stephanie's, Julia and her family asked Stephanie to tour the video and film it before they bought it. If you haven't seen them, it was one of Stephanie's better videos. Julia and her family bought the chateau without touring it due to covid restrictions. It was a good video that gives you a really good look at what they purchased. It's split into two videos.

I think Phillip would benefit from growing a beard he is attractive (and funny) but definitely has a weak chin. I have obviously woken up hyper critical this morning best not start on the Prince of Pubes I will never stop LOL
I’ve note heard that description of a chin for years. But you are right he does.

Hardly a pigsty, it doesn't look as bad as the shitoo,
It was cluttered but lived in and there was no need to stand on ceremony for the visiting numpties who from what I remember had not bothered to change outfits so presumably not freshened up before travelling. They literally just jumped in the car and went on a wing and a prayer hoping they arrived before bedtime. Didn't SJ tell mancub he had driven across the lawn and he said "but there's the front door." No consideration for anyone.

I never heard of putting oil and wax on tiles. Wood yes, tiles no.

It can’t be any worse than Teabags vlog where he reads out the AGA manual

Reactions: 17
I was also impressed they talked about their business planning, the brochure looked incredible! Beautiful quality and their every thought for this first workshop was the comfort of their guests. Definitely went over and above, even with the younger Sister and Dad not getting back to help, to present the rooms and chateau the best they could. All those extra jobs they tackled. The workshop looked amazing!

Chicken and brown sauce.. you forgot her trip to South Africa for 6 weeks where she went on Safari...no one knows how or who funded that trip or even why she went and then she came home to Norway & is now making tutorial wreath (wreet) you tube vlogs which incidentally she hates you tube but hey if she keeps it short with no narrative it's not so bad. So back to square 1.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.