The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But... nothing is period appropriate.. Snorts buys everything in Emmaus (sp) every week, doesn't matter what the year.

Well that's where you differ... soap...

Reactions: 20
[
Oh no! I hope it can be removed safely and does not recur! Hugs and love, and hopes for a fast recovery!

Reactions: 14
In F4F's latest flog spotted another thing she was going to do, but obviously hasn't. The list grows and grows. When she had the doors replaced in the entrance hall that is now a dining room, (despite tonight returning dining to the Cantonese takeaway room) she said she must replace the oh so tacky white plastic door handle -guess what still a white plastic door handle. The floor scrubbing flog was bloody boring, Amaury's mask of the og so sensitive male slipped when Fanny pounced on him and made him jump. As for the smug Fleurie's it was very satisfying to see them try and back peddle, but you don't fool me.

Try not to worry it is probably polycystic ovaries very common and very painful. I hope all goes well for you and don't stress xxxx

This is the winter salon and we now know it needs redecoration. SJ words not mine.

That was pre advent flogs. When she hadn't had cash.
why do the floor before repainting we ask ourselves (sigh)

Reactions: 22
Interestingly I flicked channels tonight looking for something that wasn't football and it was an old episode of Escape to the Chateau DIY when Dick used to do the voiceover and Carole was starting work on her oriental bedroom and she said that she had done an interior decorating course, in my books that could be anything starting from a once a week night class in the local church hall.

Reactions: 20
middleaged people...renovating a chateau....oh my... there wont be much time to enjoy it...if you even get to finish it all..hoping there is still some money left.....i dont understand it...at all...

Reactions: 19
I'm honestly dreading it.. I know the bed is a goner, I'm just hoping the cologne he douses in isn't an atomizer or the rug will be toast too... So I decorated for xmas 2 weeks ago, knowing I'm going to have a job on my hands this week.

Reactions: 17

if i saw right, maman isabel said someone with surname this or thijs sent them,

Reactions: 9
I believe she’s stated that she was a decorator, which in British English means she painted and hung wallpaper. North American English uses decorator similar to Interior Designer.
Thank you Plant Person.
And thanks for clarifying the terminology.

I thought she may have been what we call in Australia a painter and decorator.
And that she may have developed skills in decorative finishes.
Here, an interior designer helps with room layout, furniture choices, fabric choices etc.

Each has a different skill set.

Reactions: 12
Why is Dan buying stuffed foxes when he doesn't have a permanent abode? And why is Fanny using HIS future content to fill her flog?

Reactions: 18
middleaged people...renovating a chateau....oh my... there wont be much time to enjoy it...if you even get to finish it all..hoping there is still some money left.....i dont understand it...at all...
It does make you wonder, I agree.
For some, I think they enjoy the process.
Carole and Adrian, and Tim and Felicity at Chateau Purnon.

Reactions: 15
Bugger me backwards-Dick Strawbridge is wearing nail varnish-is Phi Phi his estranged love child ha ha-afterall Dick is a big eater, bald as a mutant walrus and also sports bizarre facial hair

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I worked on Queen Eleanor’s Garden a recreation of a medieval herber 12 years ago now….garden history fascinating. It’s why I am appalled at what is being done to the dumps grounds. Davey is a car park planter

Reactions: 24
In previous years d’Arwhore the floor scrubber really talked up advent before advent. This year - nothing. There has hardly been mention of Christmas.
In fact, if December 1 would be first advent vlog why were we not told that during yesterday’s vlog???? Are there even going to be daily advent vlogs???? This just seems very, very strange this year. Is advent disappearing like all the gang of volunteers and workers? Clara, do spill the beans. What’s going on?

Reactions: 10
But redecorating is just switching out stained settees with different stained settees. Replacing stained throw pillows with freshly stained throw pillows. All circa 1975 because Snorts is in charge now

Reactions: 17

Private???? Past Advent blogs rarely showed any one who didn’t want to be shown? What needs to be private? Truth be told she does not want to feature the gay Twink’s parents or The Argentinian’s family in anything filmed for the vlog.

Reactions: 11
Do not worry, I shower every day. With shower gels. And towels.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.