The Chateau Diaries #196 Nothing ever gets finished and often never even started

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a boring room! Nothing goes together. Daddy's painting is particularly ugly. With all that stuff they have, couldn't something better than this be put together?
The furniture in the Winter salon is a horrific mishmash of dumpster and Emmaus finds. Looks cheap like the stuff Angie and Philly buy and then paint. I’ve seen better furniture in a Frat house!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
You can keep the fruit cake. 😂 I only eat the marzipan and icing.
I can't do the marzipan and icing. I like a boiled fruit cake which takes half the time to make and is delish sliced and spread with butter. Yummo!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
So it begs the question why does Michael not drive?
We are not privy to everything in vlogger's lives or their personal history.
We only know what they allow us to see or what Tattlers are able to discover.
Michael may have a medical condition, or he simply may not have the confidence to drive.
In case of emergency, there is usually enough people at the chateau to assist him.

If the very worst happened he could saddle up Elsa, or attach her to Mo's newly refurbished jinker. :LOL:
He has said in the past that it was difficult for him to get his license in France, so instead he was going back to the UK to get it ... then COVID happened.

I presumed it was a language barrier as his French isn't fluent. But in reality he's a lazy fucker, who lets mummy run around after him.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I’m guessing Dame F4Fs been reading here again tired of us calling her a lazy cow she’s gone crazy cleaning the floors in her hands and knees and following that up with cleaning the fireplace andirons. I think she made PhiPhi put the dining room back where mommy likes it. As for angel eyes my bet is he’s secretly looking for family treasure buried somewhere in lielande

• Haha
Reactions: 25
PJ left the dining room along with his plate because, like a child, he would not eat the duck pie so took himself off to the kitchen to have some bread and jam or other similarly nutritious baby food.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
He has said in the past that it was difficult for him to get his license in France, so instead he was going back to the UK to get it ... then COVID happened.

I presumed it was a language barrier as his French isn't fluent. But in reality he's a lazy fucker, who lets mummy run around after him.
He had ample time then to get it in England before he landed in France.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Lot's of reading to do here this morning. Tattle is now my new morning newspaper! Here are some thoughts I have from the comments.
  • I don't like marzipan
  • Some fruitcakes are okay in small doses this time of year with a glass or two of port
  • Michael Petherick should not be driving, he's too unstable. I suggest he ride one of Sadie's horses.
  • The advent vlogs will go forward or backward, however you want to look at it. They will be worse than last year and completely thrown together with a lot of facts pulled from Wikipedia and nodding from Phyllis.
  • I predict Phyllis will do a DIY on how to make brooches from found junk as gifts to either yourself or someone you despise
  • Cooking will be featured! New LaLande holiday recipes will be revealed by guest chefs such as Dana, Dan, and Phyllis. Jokes will be made about the various aprons worn to lighten the mood and bring holiday cheer to all.
I agree about Michael not driving.
He may well be a 'lazy fucker' as someone referred to him but I do not think he is stable.
Mr GM watched for a few minutes while Michael was giving the cottage update.
And said, 'There's something wrong with him'.
I think he is unstable due to mental health issues, drugs or a combination of both.
I wouldn't want to be on the road if he is driving and I wouldn't want to be a passenger in his car.

Marzipan - it's another one of those polarising 'foods' (like black pudding).

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
View attachment 1765170
SJ the Nadiac kid is so good looking and a great French cook. His sweater is even better than mine. What do you mean his grandfather was even better than mine?
View attachment 1765179
SJ my French class isn’t going well. I still can’t speak to my French wig man. Look what he wants me to wear on my head. What do you mean no one will look at me when they could be looking into the Nadiac kid and his angel eyes?
View attachment 1765192
When all the gays were here nobody flirted with me. They flirted with the Nadiac kid. He laughed them off and said,” trust me I am straight, just ask SJ!”
Two lardons for Angel Eyes. Will he score the trifecta and earn a third lardon with his Isabelle Auschwitz ration?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Christmas cake in our house has changed to be a wreath of rocky Road (broken biscuit, rich tea not digestives, with crunchie bar bits, malteasers and marshmallows) it gets a white chocolate ganache to smooth it off and fondant icing made from melted marshmallows and icing sugar. If I don't hide it it never makes it to the 27th.

Hubby went to a Webber bbq evening at local garden centre the other evening, really impressed with whole menu cooked on bbq from leek and potato soup, pigs in blankets, turkey with trimmings and tarte tatin to finish.
One of my friends used to demonstrate the webber bbq's at a garden centre in Tauranga, NZ. She really enjoyed it. They are great little bbq's .

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The answer may be in the timeline confusion, but don't most people clean their floors before a big holiday dinner not after ?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
PJ left the dining room along with his plate because, like a child, he would not eat the duck pie so took himself off to the kitchen to have some bread and jam or other similarly nutritious baby food.
There isn't a house full of clucking women willing to cater to his 'diet' atm, "if you don't like it, go make something else for yourself.."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Just popping in briefly to add...

Screenshot_20221127-233954_YouTube~2.jpg

English literature at Oxford? Well, that was a waste of money wasn't it Stephanie! You utter imbecile! Shakespeare must cringe each time one of you idiots quotes him incorrectly. It's "Double double, toil and trouble - fire burn and cauldron bubble"... Macbeth Act IV, Scene 1.

(Bye again all. Be safe 💋).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m way far behind here, so please don’t be annoyed with me if someone else has poked fun at this ‘low hanging fruit’. I also think this could make a thread title some time: 🧵“Molly is wondering why it smells so much in this house” (F4F).
Molly of course being Amoury’s dog.
7797AFBD-83DB-489F-80D8-6523FF5942D4.jpeg

I also thought that Armoire may have a few ounces of self-control. He looked as though he swallowed his instinct to clock her after being startled out of his deep thoughts. It was probably all staged and he is just a good actor.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.