The Chateau Diaries #193 It’s time to put photos of the accountants on milk cartons & c if they're found

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOL! That was driving me crazy. And, they obviously have more money than sense. I've been so bored with all of these rich youtubers I went and gave Mo a try, lol! It made me laugh when he said this . . . .View attachment 1726634
And, Sherrie turned 60. The whole dynamic with Mo and the family is weird.
He gets on my last nerve and so bad!
I don’t get it with the shades either....
The red satin curtains- omg! They showed him with the fabric wadded up- shoving it through the home machine- I was about to stroke out then. I admit the finished curtains didn’t look bad- not as I had imagined! But he’s always quick to say he’s a “dress designer” as if curtains are so beneath him! Ughhh! Like @MRShavershamsdress has said- custom draperies is a big $$$ business. They don’t come cheap especially since the fabrics now are quadruple what they used to be. I work with a curtain maker. I had to share that video of the red curtains with her- 🙀 We fan fold the panels before sewing the folds and then I tack them on a Tacker machine (commercial). They are never sewn with the 2-3 widths laying out like that. He could’ve googled the process to see that. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@Clara Burnett, can you tell us, what is the real reason for no progress in the grande salon? Money, the ceiling needing more support or replaced, heating, Amaury just can’t handle it, Stephanie just wants it to go as slowly as possible…?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Also she said he has been coming every summer and she has known him since he was a child-didn't stop her flirting. You are so right he will be treated brilliantly
And surely watching a man do physical work that is useful is much more attractive than a wimp painting his nails demanding a Greek salad from the ‘ cook’for his supper.
The talk about Christmas was announced in the vlog it will be a family occasion with PHi phis family there,Nattys family there, Tante and Toncle🤣 Percy and Mummy. And maybe.. a wedding!???. I must admit to adding the part about the wedding

• Haha
Reactions: 18
@Clara Burnett, can you tell us, what is the real reason for no progress in the grande salon? Money, the ceiling needing more support or replaced, heating, Amaury just can’t handle it, Stephanie just wants it to go as slowly as possible…?
You did not mention STEPHANIE has spent the money allocated for it on a desk that Givenchy may have sneezed on!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I definitely have the more artistic personality type. I’m very practical when it comes to that side of my life, though I am an imminently impractical person by nature.🥴 I love creating, whether it’s with fabric, paint or words. Though I don’t write much any more. I’ve become a bit of a putterer around the house in recent years. I’m planning a bedroom redecoration in the new year. I’m going to unpack a vintage chinoiserie chintz window and bed canopy set and remodel it for the new place. I find sewing and hand work very soothing. And the completed work is rewarding. You know, that might have been my original attraction to CD. They seemed so much more of the make do and mend mindset than they really are.
I ❤ chinoiserie.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I honestly never noticed Billy’s dialect or his pronunciation (“everythink”) until that convent insurance vlog. And he kept saying “everythink” over and over. Now that it’s been called to my attention, it’s so annoying….like, once you see it, you can’t unsee it! 😆 No offense to Tattlers from England with that dialect, but to my American ear it just sounds bad (as I’m sure many American dialects sound atrocious to you! 😆).
I was once in Sacramento with friends and they couldn't take me to the airport in LA to fly back home, so I was calling around bus companies. I discovered that only Greyhound had a service at that time - so I rang up to find out more and spoke to this man with a very strong Southern accent.
He told me everything I needed to know - then I asked where I bought the ticket from and he said at the Depot/main bus station - so I asked where it was. He said it was on the corner of 6th and what I heard was 'Ale' street. So I asked him to spell 'Ale/Elle?'......there was this silence and then he said 'Mam, that's capital 'L'' - by this time my friends were on the floor laughing. The bloke must have thought these foreigners are damned stupid - how do you spell 'L'.................

• Haha
Reactions: 16
New Forest. I'm not sure what that comes under. I'm near Highcliffe Castle
New Forest is HampSHIRE, as FRK would say! Think Highcliffe is Dorset. Dorset is so lovely, especially round Kimmeridge and Corfe and further west. The New Forest is very special too.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
oh my....it lookes like the fake title association got their hands on the chateauverse...well...one fake meets another i guess...I heard Fanny say that it is possible to put that fake title in your passport and creditcard...well my dear...not in The Netherlands... :LOL: So Phi PHi still stays mr Janssen...the most common name in the country...
How are my two favorite Netherrealm daddies doing? Hopefully better?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I also agree with Sparrowfart's suggestion in a domestic gardening scenario for an hour or so!
BUT, when you turn up for a paid "professional" gardener's timeslot engagement, lasting at least 4 hours or longer, @£25 ph, then taking the time to rub soap/vaseline under your fingernails before you commence work, in my personal experience, would just have irritated my clients and quite rightly so too!
Latex gloves inside of strong, correctly fitting rubber fingered gardening gloves, was always the best solution for me.
Have to admit that latex gloves were extraordinarily cheap before Covid lock down in early-2020 (20 pairs for £1 - amazing value). Ordinarily, I used to use 2 pairs per visit. God alone knows how much they cost these days BUT, I am no longer professionally gardening, so, not an issue for me today - thankfully! ❤
Oh I think people are being far too germphobic - full time gardeners always have dirt under their nails if they have nails - it's really hard to get that tit outta there. Cut Kirsty some slack - and all gardeners for that matter. Besides a bit of earth is good for your gut health and immune system.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Standard procedure here 👍
Why does she have to screech so loudly? I have to turn the volume right down whenever she's saying anything or laughing so ridiculously. Maybe the engagement will be announced at Christmas as she said Snorty's parents will be there, plus IJ and Percy, Amaury's parents, and even Nati's parents and grandmother who are now in Spain. Maybe there'll be a double engagement! Fanny should get rid of PJ and hook up with the new volunteer who is related to the Marquis's family. He looks considerably more promising and may be motivated to help in actually doing something to preserve the building, a pity he didn't inherit it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I love Milford on Sea, I have loads of friends there. Lymington mmm, I don't like it much.
I agree which is why I bought my bolthole on the cliff top at MOS….Maybe we can have an anti chateau meet up in HampSHIRE…at the Beach House? I recall a debate here about the pronunciation?
I’m now looking near Shaftesbury for my main home.
We are lucky to have such lovely villages to choose from …..

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oooo, thank you. I’ll give them a try! I want to try making a pair of lightweight worsted wool shades from my families tartan. I have an armchair that was professionally done with it. I thought the shades would compliment it well. I have an oxblood leather chesterfield that the chair goes with in my snug.
I love Chesterfields.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.