The Chateau Diaries #19 How Tattle saved my vlog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
***. Just caught up with the latest GAG (Grab A Gift) Can anyone tell me where ON Tar I A is actually located? Is it in the USA near some Native American homeland? Had to scroll back twice to try and catch where she said the parcel of remnant fabric came from via a real ship!

***. Re Nash and his designer ideas for the walk-in pot cupboard - why the slagging off because it is a UK company! I thought he lived in France. I assumed because he was travelling back to Paris after his lockdown journey to lalalande, that he worked for a French company.
I think that once she said Nash was from Kenya

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not sure that it wasn't another pandering to the spoiled child - in her own words when she was first at the chateau 'I was loving every minute. As was my father, who never once doubted his daughter’s sanity in taking on such a behemoth'. Sounds like she was indulged again & he went along with it. Daddy took SSB shopping buying fabrics & beds & furniture..yep sounds like he had a really good grip on her. Sounds like the other way round to me. Her adoration of Daddy is as fake as everything about her. It is to rub Mummy's nose in it at every opportunity. I never loved you..only Daddy. And that house was a party pad - probably to use as a swop for other party pads around the world.
Yes, but I've started to question the amount of SJ's contribution, since she has no plans for the renovations. A lot of these current projects were planned together with her father, Derek being the one making the last decisions. Talking of future plans, there's a fountain bought by him waiting to be installed FFS. She's clueless what she wants and resorted to partying when the real mastermind died. I've started to believe her little girl dreams just mirrored her fathers wishes. But it makes a compelling story! A lot of girls draw princesses and castles, but these dreams fade out if they're not constantly strengthened.

Reactions: 9
Frames are expensive! I bought a picture and went to buy a standard frame (off the shelf) and even with it on sale and an additional 20% coupon (can you imagine SJ using a coupon?) it was still the same price as the picture.

Frame and Picture were Same Price.jpg

Can't imagine what a framed fan art wall will cost (hence why even the big youtubers just pin/tape them up). Though she could buy a shredder and make cellulose insulation.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think that once she said Nash was from Kenya
Wasn't Hash introduced as an interior decorator who was hunting chateaux for a client? And stayed as a paying guest in Lalande while he searched the neighboring area?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They must spend a fortune in frames ! Even if they go to their local Bricomarché or Leroy-Merlin (DIY supermakets in France), it's not cheap at this scale.
The choice she made didn't match at all the "paintings" (Philip's choice was much better).
And who would frame these awful "portraits" of herself (!) and of a (wait for it...) hedgehog ?

PS : She should get rid of this horrible and ridiculous long coat made in tapestry !
Or give the coat to Prince Philip

I am quite staggered by some of those quotes and estimates. Several thousand euros for a few shelves in the scullery! They could use their own timber from the woodland for nowt. Even Selmar on speed wouldn't take that long to plane them up and hang them. That Hash is having a larf.
SJ will have the last laugh because she doesn’t pay her bills

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
updated progress report with estimated costs and status

lake:

main lake survey, 5000€ target, spring?
2. lake survey, 5000€ target, spring?
boathouse 3000€
boat 2000€
island 5000€
restoration of mill 100000€
tea pavilion 3000€
amphitheatre 10000€
swimming pond with shower 3000€

chapel:
St. Cecilia window, 2500€ target
St. Aloysius 2500€ in work
other windows will be restored eventually
restoration of walls ,ceiling and painting: material only 10000€, restorator expected in March
installing pews by Slemar, when restoring is done
removing trees 1000€, tree surgeon when better weather, Selmar will use trunks for planks for carpentry walls

garden:
survey of entire garden to be able to plan, 2000€, in work

new reservoir and gutters 10000€,

mower, 10000€, paid with 8000€ target
Dan, paid now by YT income, was originally 7000€ target
soon another gardener, paid by YT income

new chicken house, 100€, ready to be finished when weather is better
compost, 50€ ready to be finished when weather is better
new garden beds for symmetry and metall arches, 400€, was originally 7000€ target, finished by Selmar

pergola, 3000€,?
watering system, replacing pipe, 3000€, 9000€ target, when Matt comes in spring to do digging for water and electricity for other places
electricity in garden house, 1000€, by Matt in spring
little kitchen garden, 400€
maize, 5000€
moonlight garden, 5000€
parterre garden, 20000€
dads fountain, 1000€

facade:
front entrance with balcony, 4000€, awaiting architect
Isabells bedroom balcony/ balcony walkway around stable courtyard 15000€, awaiting architect
rendering and drainage, in 2022, getting quotes
shutter dogs for one wing only, 200€, ordered, 18000€ target
repairing of shutters, 2000€
indoor shutters for old wing, 5000€, getting quotes
climbing roses, 300€

terrace:
repair terrace walls, 15000€, in March
new antique slabs, 8000€

arriere cuisine: quotes from Hash due soon
shelves, 3000€
bench, sink area, 3000€
dishwasher, 2000€
splash guard, 1000€

kitchen:
fridge and boxing in for fridge, 3000€, quotes from Hash due soon
tiles from designs of Derek 3000€, by Steve when back in France in spring
shelve over La Cornue range 1000€, quotes from Hash due soon
swing doors 2000€, quotes from Hash due soon
wintergarden, 20000€

SJ bedroom:
removing wall, 1000€, Ian is getting quotes
level floor, 1000€, Ian is getting quotes
Fortuny vintage fabric, 8000€, 11000€ target

winter salon, library:
fittied shelves 2000€ each, quotes from Hash due soon

petit salon:
new painting, 1000€, due soon

grand salon:
panelling, 20000€, 30000€ target, quotes from Hash due soon
hidden doors/bar, 2000€, quotes from Hash due soon

china room:
floors, 1000€
carpentry, 20000€, quotes from Hash due soon
new china, 2€ per plate ;)

entrance hall:
wallpaper, 4000€, finished for TV show
2 external doors, 5000€, 14000€ target

Chambre des Oiseaux:
paneling, 4000€ per wall, quotes from Hash due soon
new Bennison wallpaper, 12000€ target, when panelling is done

Isabells apartment:
new electrical floor heating, 3000€, Ian is getting quotes
new oak flooring, 5000€, Ian is getting quotes

downstairs loo: 15000€ target
tools for floor, 300€,
wallpaper, 2000€,
fittings 300€,
basin 800€,
lights 200€,

Art:
frames for Dads artwork, 3000€
spiral staircase pigeon artwall,l 10€ per frame, to be shown in March
peacock hodgepodge room
gifted art room, in work by Philip

Nicks and Marie apartment:
bathroom,paid by N.+M.
door, 3000€, was originally 14000€ target

Scotsman apartment: 50000€

Chateau carpentry:
tools 2000€, paid by YT income, was originally 13000€ target
safety gear, 200€
walls from planks from Lalande trees, by Selmar in spring

heating situation:
3 radiators, 600€, are replaced
cleaning attic to put insulation on floors, Ian is getting quotes
insulation 10000€
new doors, are to be replaced room after room, 2000€ each

back corridor lifting of floor for damp proofed membrane, 3000€, getting quotes

outdoor:
court yard pink gravel, 5000€ , 16000€ target
courtyard lights, 200€
fountain garden planting scheme, 10000€ target
swimming pool, 15000€
pool house, shower, BBQ, Jacuzzi 25000€
tandoori oven, 1000€

B&B:
Natalia paid now by YT income, originally 19000€ target
new mattresses for antique beds paid by YT income, was originally 17000€ target target, Selmar repaired beds

Internet:
powerful connection for livestreams, zoom parties

Escape...DIY:
2 new secret projects for next season

YT chanel:
Philip, paid now by YT income

B&B:
Natalia paid now by YT income, originally 19000€ target
new mattresses for antique beds paid by YT income, was originally 17000€ target target, Selmar repaired beds
Is this for real ??

Does she think she lives in Chateau de Versailles or what ?

Monstrous. I don't know any REAL aristocrats who would spend (waste) all this money for a so futile project !

Disgusting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Go Brenda and thank you for screenshotting 👍 Any comments yet?
Thank you @ploppityplop2 for the screenshots. Brenda's about turns would make Torville and Dean giddy! She's certainly benefitted from her recent stay in Tattleland and taken the message back.
She's saying what we have been saying from the start. I wonder how many will listen - I am not sure if Brenda is in or out with the superfans these days!

Reactions: 23
They must spend a fortune in frames ! Even if they go to their local Bricomarché or Leroy-Merlin (DIY supermakets in France), it's not cheap at this scale.
The choice she made didn't match at all the "paintings" (Philip's choice was much better).
And who would frame these awful "portraits" of herself (!) and of a (wait for it...) hedgehog ?

PS : She should get rid of this horrible and ridiculous long coat made in tapestry !
I totally agree with you. I do framing as a hobby and those frames are very expensive. Once again she shows her bad taste and her appeal for gold.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I still cannot get over the fact that all that will be paid for by gullible patrons who are not related to/have never met the owner and this is all for her own home where she lives and parties to high heaven and which is, in no way, a historic building of note to be restored for the benefit of the nation. She has done very little of any worth to the building in the last 16 years and has made some expensive mistakes. She acts irresponsibly towards society in general (Covid. etc); the building itself (making curtains, decorating, etc., while ignoring basic necessities); her staff & volunteers (expecting them to do too much without the necessary training/skills.health & saftey precautions) and genenally living an entitled and hedonisitic lifestyle. The feeble nods to charity are to make her look better and when there's a benefit to her. As far as I can see, she has few redeeming qualities and it makes me so angry to think this is happening at a time when there is so much genuine need in the world. It is beyond all belief to know that so many people could be idiotic enough to support such sheer fakery while she carries on indulging herself and boosting her own, already inflated ego.
100% agree. But it is because they are the 'normals' in society. Who believe that everyone is like them.
I have cut this down - but I really think this sums up why she is able to fool so many folk.
"In The Sociopath Next Door, Dr. Martha Stout say that “a part of a healthy conscience is being able to confront the conscienceless.” Unfortunately, our society is ill-equipped to deal with the danger of malignant narcissists in our midst. Why? Because we fall into the trap of projecting our own sense of morality, conscience and empathy onto them. We see social “proof” that this person is well-liked, so it must be because they are a good person. Instead of facing the fearful truth that there are people with no empathy or remorse.'
But we know that our inner gut feeling is on point, we are “seeing” something others can't or won't. When the emperor has no clothes, we may be the only ones brave enough to call it out – but that doesn’t make us wrong just because we are in the minority. It makes us among the more discerning. Maybe if we speak long enough, all those who see the truth of the toxicity too will hear as well. Those who recognise these toxic types and can collectively spread awareness – to confront the conscienceless, and to inevitably – expose those who continue to operate covertly under the radar.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.