The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't take offence it gets like that on here sometimes. When I kept urging people to contact Channel 4 everyone suspected me, when I called out Isabelle I got pounced on. People are just cautious, I agree though if we want to stop the grift there has to be a plan and collective attack but I doubt that will happen. I think Fanny's con will just die of natural causes otherwise but that could take quite sometime.
There's actually a good reason for this: talking of setting up a private group is against the Tattle rules. I know it's frustrating that a collective approach can't be organized here, as this is the place where most of the people that are suspecting of her antics turn to and thus would be the logical gathering point. But tattlers don't rattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I believe the decision was made to not talk about the accounts when she sent a poll to her patrons, asking them what sort of content they wanted. It was some sort of multiple choice thing and she included the choice of financial information. She published the results and the choice of getting financial information was not high on the list. Her patrons simply don't care about that, which is beyond comprehension.
SJ sent a poll to her patrons???!!! 😆

CEB0D2A5-225F-4BB2-A982-4A0D5EF2B567.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Going to go out on a limb. I think the Accountants review of her first year of the "Association" was a huge shock of what that dumb azz assumed she was allowed to do as apposed to what she flippantly did...which was wrong.

She ended up with a big tax bill, which is why she delayed disclosure to patreon's and eventually evaded any disclosure as she stated she would share with Patreon's. She definitely earns more than the law allows an Association to not report out to members. The Flueries earned below that threshold (forget what they stated in one of their posts) they will not/did not have to disclose their Association accounts under the law. My guess is the tax implications of her feck up are forcing her to cancel the Association without telling anyone, to pay back taxes due, and she's now banking monies for her exit. She clearly is not spending incoming funds on renovations. There's something amiss! For months now, nothing has been done at the shiteau delalooser! I'm guessing she ended the Association and is banking the 50% of funds she used to get. Stated somewhere back in previous vlogs, between French taxes and Patreon fees, she only got about 50% from Patreon...that was her motivation to go non profit. It's just a guess....

Clara……. My guess is that she has been contacted by some taxing authority of some sort and is possibly on the edge of trouble……… as you say “tick tock”……… the bad part is that none of us will probably ever know what kind of fines/trouble she gets. Hopefully, there will be a breeze blow past you Clara with all of the karma so you can share with us 15 tattlers!
Ha! Just posted a similiar thought!!! Great minds...... 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 28
There's actually a good reason for this: talking of setting up a private group is against the Tattle rules. I know it's frustrating that a collective approach can't be organized here, as this is the place where most of the people that are suspecting of her antics turn to and thus would be the logical gathering point. But tattlers don't rattle.
I'm happy to share information and expertise which other people can use themselves or use as a starting point for their own research but.... I've changed my mind. Going the technical route is really long-winded and tricky. I'm just going to try and engage someone who has a smallish YouTube channel who deals specifically with gifting and scams. If he and his friends decide to take the bit between their teeth and run with it they have all the necessary château videos on YouTube to research and they can get the back story from here. At least something positive will be done to put pressure on to stop the scams.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Thank you. Have been keeping an eye on the weather, it’s not very warm either so as I intend to spend a lot of time exploring different parts of Sydney by ferry I have bought myself a cardigan.😂😂
This is 5 minutes walk from my air bnb apartment and where I catch the ferry from.
It looks stunning. Reminds me of Penticton BC.

Reactions: 4
What a miserable old Hag you are Mummy. Scowling (bad bad Mummy) at the Medieval fair. Oh poo you had to help your cuckoo for cocoa puffs daughter cook for all those poor paying guests. And WTF ??? How dare you.."this is an American ism we don't need to carry on" when your daughter high fived you? What? You let it out of the bag you vapid, dull, spiritless hag that you clearly don't like Americans. I am probably more French than you, you old hag.
YES! Isobel Jarvis, or whatever you identify as. When you pass, the awful human you pushed from your womb will be your (negative) legacy. You and Derick have failed as parents. Your daughter steals and lies for a living. What did you teach her from your adult care years? Shame......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
With all the talk about taxes, all I can think is that if the likes of Martha Stewart can go to prison regarding bad business discussions, then it's only a matter of time for Stef! I hope orange is the new yellow for you, Stef!

• Haha
What a miserable old Hag you are Mummy. Scowling (bad bad Mummy) at the Medieval fair. Oh poo you had to help your cuckoo for cocoa puffs daughter cook for all those poor paying guests. And WTF ??? How dare you.."this is an American ism we don't need to carry on" when your daughter high fived you? What? You let it out of the bag you vapid, dull, spiritless hag that you clearly don't like Americans. I am probably more French than you, you old hag.
Haha I mean, if i started high fiving everyone around me in the uk i'd find it a bit cringe, and most of my friends would stage an intervention for embarrassing them 🤣. We do high five now and then, but it's too over the top for many of us sarcastic brits.
THAT SAID, yep what stinking attitude from her, someone who is RAKING it in (in £€$ and gifts) from mainly US American grannies. You'd think she'd know how to keep her bread buttered on both sides, instead of making snobby remarks about the hand that feeds them.

I am so so sorry to hear this my heart goes out, so tragic. Although there has been good from such sadness which must be of some comfort. There are so many of us here who have or are going through so much heartbreak, which makes what that bunch do all the more distasteful as the weeks go by.
So much pain and heartbreak here. My heart and prayers go to everyone who is suffering at this time. ❤
For those that live in Hurricane Ian’s way, please stay safe and I hope it veers away into the gulf, away from anyone. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Going to go out on a limb. I think the Accountants review of her first year of the "Association" was a huge shock of what that dumb azz assumed she was allowed to do as apposed to what she flippantly did...which was wrong.

She ended up with a big tax bill, which is why she delayed disclosure to patreon's and eventually evaded any disclosure as she stated she would share with Patreon's. She definitely earns more than the law allows an Association to not report out to members. The Flueries earned below that threshold (forget what they stated in one of their posts) they will not/did not have to disclose their Association accounts under the law. My guess is the tax implications of her feck up are forcing her to cancel the Association without telling anyone, to pay back taxes due, and she's now banking monies for her exit. She clearly is not spending incoming funds on renovations. There's something amiss! For months now, nothing has been done at the shiteau delalooser! I'm guessing she ended the Association and is banking the 50% of funds she used to get. Stated somewhere back in previous vlogs, between French taxes and Patreon fees, she only got about 50% from Patreon...that was her motivation to go non profit. It's just a guess....

I think you are spot on. I also suspect that she either did not use a separate bank account for the association or she used the association bank account for non association expenses . Things don't add up. I remember a tax case where someone sponsored a horse race for charity. The racecourse collected the charity funds and then paid them over to the sponsor who then distributed the funds to the charities. They were taxed on the charity funds as income because it went into their normal bank account. The person sued the tax authority denying that the funds were income. They lost the case. The racecourse should have paid the charities directly. I'd have to look it up to be specific but can't be bothered 😁
Tax can be a nightmare and I'm happy happy happy I'm not SJ's accountant.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Hey Clara! Something different....I hope you are having/have a great week! I hope the weather is mild this week and is pleasant for you, and your world is calm and stress free. Thank you so much for your contribution to this CD thread. I greatly appreciate your contributions and insight. Stay safe and well. 😘😁

• Heart
Turned a tad chilly now and somewhat inclement! I think I might have to start wearing long trousers! Enjoy your stay it should have quitened down now on the tourist front. Our favourite restaurant closes this weekend for the season so we're going to try to head there Saturday night.
:LOL:Yes, a bit chillier, almost "autumnal", to use Philippa's favourite expression. Hardly any tourists anymore (apart from me, haha), and altogether quite lovely. Planning a Vide grenier this morning, then heading your way for lunch.......!:love: Whereabouts are you, near Toulouse, or was it Carrcassone?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ha ha no, I've seen stuff about Isabella6541 and think that the person was posting when I first joined. I intend to get results and timeline is the term for what I'm doing. Here's what I have so far:
Patreon opened around 9th Feb 2020 - so any funds there are not in the Association until 26th January 2021
During this time people were told that join patreon and become a MEMBER.
Association rules are that there must be an AGM where all MEMBERS are invited. Its not a SUGGESTION, it's a rule.
Despite being asked by people on here for the accounts, there were non forthcoming. These requests were made in the comments section and not in recorded delivery letters. It appears that in the last 2 (two) weeks the wording on patreon was altered without explanation, to read 'become a benefactor'. A BENEFACTOR does not have the same rights as a MEMBER as far as Associations are concerned. Now, for legal reasons I'm not implying that SJ, IJ or Natalia changed the wording to evade or avoid having to show the accounts. For their own sake it would behoove them to explain the change if indeed it happened. I have yet to find the evidence in the threads on here.
Just so that you know, I trained with one of the big 4 accounting firms in auditing and tax so I have an eye for detail and know what to look for.
If there is more to this than meets the eye then SJ should come clean and explain everything. It could be an error, who knows? But I'm sticking strictly to the rules without being emotional. I hope that explains things.

This is exactly right and it is not permitted to just change a patron's legal status because that is what in effect is happening here. Everytime eBay, PayPal etc change their terms and conditions they alert those who will be effected. It's quite simple.

So, if anyone joined patreon as a member then they are fully entitled to attend the AGM which must be publicised in a reasonable time. They will also be entitled to the financial statements, vote on the budget (where any excess funds are spent) and otherwise have their say on what happens within the Association. Maybe they can replace IJ with someone else. Its these nuances that I'm having checked out.
My past employment was for an Association. In fact, today is there AGM. Anyhow, you are right. She also can not change any wording without a vote. We had Board Members. Does her ‘association‘ have Board Members? ( I was in charge of creating Board meeting minutes, and creating documents for the AGM as well as organizing everything , letters etc…)

Reactions: 12

What pisses me off in all of this (among many things) is that it stems from an attitude that paying tax is somehow 'robbing' from her. I'm sorry, but if you're receiving such huge windfalls in income, for doing no work at all IT SHOULD BE TAXED. It boggles my mind that people take take take but dont think anything should go back into society. She blatantly thinks renovation her shitoo IS her contribution to society, and it boils my blood. She is not benefiting the local economy at all. Other than Mary Poppins, she employs no French citizens and her chateau only benefits her and the other owners.

Fanny, Just shut up and pay your taxes like everyone else you greedy cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think you are spot on. I also suspect that she either did not use a separate bank account for the association or she used the association bank account for non association expenses . Things don't add up. I remember a tax case where someone sponsored a horse race for charity. The racecourse collected the charity funds and then paid them over to the sponsor who then distributed the funds to the charities. They were taxed on the charity funds as income because it went into their normal bank account. The person sued the tax authority denying that the funds were income. They lost the case. The racecourse should have paid the charities directly. I'd have to look it up to be specific but can't be bothered 😁
Tax can be a nightmare and I'm happy happy happy I'm not SJ's accountant.
She actually showed u in one video her bank statement and we deduced she did exactly that deposited everything into the same account.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Im
Wrong it’s coming straight for us! Getting shutters up now, well the hubs & the son! I’m getting some serious anxiety!
Oh my goodness, it really is! We’ve been paying close attention due to family in FL…landfall now between Port Charlotte and Sarasota.
I hope your fam and @T Rex and fam fair well. I’m not sure where you are @Jules100, and any other Tattler!!

• Heart
  • Wow
My past employment was for an Association. In fact, today is there AGM. Anyhow, you are right. She also can not change any wording without a vote. We had Board Members. Does her ‘association‘ have Board Members? ( I was in charge of creating Board meeting minutes, and creating documents for the AGM as well as organizing everything , letters etc…)
From what I read briefly on associations they have officers. The members vote in the officers at the AGM. I wonder if that is a reason for changing members to benefactors? Theoretically, if the association had an AGM and sufficient members attended, then they could vote out IJ, SJ and Gnati and replace them with other members. This would be a disaster for her because she'd lose control over the money. It would have been good for the chateau as the funds would go where they're meant to. Not that I'm saying she's has done anything untoward because we don't know, nothing is transparent and when finances aren't transparent it leads to speculation which is what we are doing now. Just show the accounts and the speculation ends. Instantly.

What pisses me off in all of this (among many things) is that it stems from an attitude that paying tax is somehow 'robbing' from her. I'm sorry, but if you're receiving such huge windfalls in income, for doing no work at all IT SHOULD BE TAXED. It boggles my mind that people take take take but dont think anything should go back into society. She blatantly thinks renovation her shitoo IS her contribution to society, and it boils my blood. She is not benefiting the local economy at all. Other than Mary Poppins, she employs no French citizens and her chateau only benefits her and the other owners.

Fanny, Just shut up and pay your taxes like everyone else you greedy cow.
First lecture on taxation at university opened with the statement

Taxation is the price we pay to live in an orderly society. Later I realised that it might be true until the politicians get hold of the cash 😬😬😬😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
New thread title idea, courtesy of Richard Evans:
Jarvis has about as much dignity and honesty as a turd in the road.
I th=ink threads should start with statements like Stephanie Jarvis you have pocketed over $1 million in tax free patron money where are the accounts please?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.