The Chateau Diaries #183 Stephanie Jarvis will always be a charlatan, rather than a chatelaine, full stop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So he was basically forced to be in front of the camera on his return?! What a witch...

I've been away from the Chateauverse for a while but this has truly shocked me to a new low what she has done - not watched the video, just reported it
I wasn't able to report so had to go with dislike button.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
@Lady Rosalie and anyone else that hasn’t watched it yet, don’t. You will never get those 26 minutes and 59 seconds back. It’s just not worth it and you will feel better about human kind by just skipping this one.❤
I just can't. The thumbnail alone is a shock, even for a professional grifter like her. Barf. Stay safe, Jules, in the hurricane. May it give you a wide berth!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Stephanie has handled Ian's death really poorly. You can't film business as usual vlogs between his passing and the service, then chuck in a mourning section for his funeral followed by some reno, cooking and putting down a dog.

By your 40s you should be able to act with some decorum around death. If she has taken any advice from Phillip or her YouTube person, their lack of maturity in making these decisions makes more sense. We know life goes on but make a public show of pausing. Acknowledge it as immediately as given permission from his loved ones and honour him in a stand alone post or video. The all caps title is gross.

I really hope his fiance isn't offended by the lack of respect shown and gives CD barely a second thought. I am very sorry for her loss and for his other mourners as well.
I did wonder if SJ has sent the compilation of Ian's camera moments only to his Fiance Lisa or if Lisa would have to sieve through the whole vlog.

Reactions: 6
It was Ians own wish that donations as opposed to flowers were to be made to the local animal shelter in France. He was obviously a big dog lover. SJ needs to address the donations that were made for him and what she has done with them.
I totally agree.
I've checked the comments on yesterday's vlog.
SJ has included a link to Dan's channel and, of course, a link to her patreon's page!
However, no link whatsoever to the Animal Charity that Ian's fiancee and daughter mentioned in their recent FB messages (can't remember who pasted them here), regarding donations to be made in lieu of flowers.
Do you think that Stephanie Jarvis will actually forward money pledged in her "live chat" last night onwards? I am not holding my breath. :cry:
AND, if anybody was vlogging during the funeral of anyone I loved, they would instantly be frogmarched off the premises, no doubt about it. Just so incredibly insensitive and disrespectful. :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Back for round 3, I'm punchy tonight. How has Dan funded his stupid only walls project? I really hope he has a silent investor, and he hasn't borrowed against the mortgage free farmhouse. I felt for sure he was finishing the work there to sell it but maybe he's done a deal with A to finish it up for her to live there and he's off with the equity to duck spiders.

Stephanie and co had no kids to consider when they started pouring their dough into the money pit. If he can make a YouTube living off it while someone else pays for the materials etc, it's a risk like any self employment, maybe a bit more fickle when YouTube is your revenue stream. But if he's thinking he can bankroll that when all he's got is a crappy work van and a clapped out cement mixer and two kids to raise he's a fool.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Why don't these guys have more views and subscribers? I really like them.
I really enjoy their channel too. They work so hard and have great, streamlined taste - nothing OTT. So down to earth too. AND, no e-begging either. As far as I am aware, their chateau was always intended to simply be a family home.
Poor Lincoln (great name) is always up to his eyes in rubble, dust and trying to work out all the nightmares they encounter, especially the heating. Huge learning curve for both of them and Amanda's filming skills are excellent.
I love that she is a professional chef so her potager is fabulous - far more varied produce than anything seen at the HMN, and the HMN "allegedly" have 3 gardeners, whereas Amanda works entirely by herself!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
missartemis, post: 11898109, member: 319462
"We're trying to look at the bright side of everything...but everyone has days like today." ...so let's go back to toxic happy land and applaud Dan for his insane project...and when someone falls down the deadly handrail-less tower stairs they will be so pleased with the new color...and we will sit here and talk about Ian the plasterer (but not on the vlog) for 5 seconds, ok well that was fun, now let's go back to focusing on me, me oh and me...and me and what everyone is wearing. And we will forever refer to Ian the plasterer not as a person in his own right but as my plasterer who worked on my house almost until his dying day.

yes, very poor taste as YouTubers get to choose their thumbnail pic out of all she choose that one! exactly ian the plaster and that screeching opera sing-song laugh afterward and not a thumbnail of him and anmaries dog who passed too. reminds me of my family who just labelled you as girl , look girl etc

Reactions: 12
I really like them too. I like that they have the money to do the chateau renovations, the drive to make their place better, love their clean style and dry sense of humor. Don’t forget the donkeys, cats and three legged dog. I think if they stick to it, they could be at the top of the chateauverse sooner rather than later.
And they get stuck in there themselves and actually accomplish some very challenging projects. Plus they’re practical while still having a sense of adventure.

View attachment 1606144

Dan Ellis-Jones
1 hour ago

Have you got permission from Ian's family to post this? They will be in deep shock. My mother died suddenly in front of me when I was 16. If someone had put up something like this without asking I'd sue them. This isn't your grief to publish. You could have made a short video saying something after a suitable time and with permission.
Anyone placing odds on how long this comment stays up? Or will she let her sycophant army attack as a lesson to others critical of the Great Jarvis!

Reactions: 13
She was rotten long before he turned up. A prime example of this is her lake lies. Lying on camera, with her mother sitting next to her, telling her audience that she was frightened, intimidated and alone - when in fact Pots, Mummy and Baghead were there with her when the water police told her to empty the lake. Picture Pots trying to save the fish. I read here they all thought it was hilarious seeing him floundering about in the mud, not trying to rescue the fish for any conservation or altruistic reason, but so he could eat them. Then there's all those drinks (and drug) fancy dress themed parties with guests continually gorging themselves and swapping bed partners each night. Think about her continuing to cry poor long before Philip darkened her door. She still had money to party and drink. Remember her being chucked out of the Workaway program because of her treatment of the volunteers, the breaking of Workaway rules, the serial sexual intimidation of volunteers while under her roof. She took pleasure in her power over others. The exploitative manner in which volunteers were treated. The looooong hours they were forced to work. The food the volunteers were denied! Consider also her absences from the chateau. So much to be derived from that, and she took off in all weather's and at all times long before Snorts was around. Consider too her horrible neglect of the animals in her care - that rot didn't begin with Snorty.

Snorts has only been instrumental in bringing her stench closer to the surface, because he's a kindred spirit.
Eeuuwwgh... I had no idea. Until I stumbled across tattle I just thought that she was an attention bleep. Wow was I wrong. The sooner this underbelly of unpleasantness is exposed the sooner.
To be frank, I'm now starting to view the other château owners on YouTube in the same light. I wonder whether they know how detrimental SJ and Phillipa are to them all?
I know and understand that some might be decent people. However, as viewers we don't really know them. I'm perfectly sure that were I on YouTube with a château I'd be distancing myself from the lalande train wreck pretty dam fast.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
missartemis, post: 11898109, member: 319462
"We're trying to look at the bright side of everything...but everyone has days like today." ...so let's go back to toxic happy land and applaud Dan for his insane project...and when someone falls down the deadly handrail-less tower stairs they will be so pleased with the new color...and we will sit here and talk about Ian the plasterer (but not on the vlog) for 5 seconds, ok well that was fun, now let's go back to focusing on me, me oh and me...and me and what everyone is wearing. And we will forever refer to Ian the plasterer not as a person in his own right but as my plasterer who worked on my house almost until his dying day.

yes, very poor taste as YouTubers get to choose their thumbnail pic out of all she choose that one! exactly ian the plaster and that screeching opera sing-song laugh afterward and not a thumbnail of him and anmaries dog who passed too. reminds me of my family who just labelled you as girl , look girl etc
It's poor taste to insert the death of a dog into a video that's ostensibly in memory of a human. I just say that for what it's worth.

I watched one of MMM's latest vlogs and I hope they're reading here because I want to say you have no business being so privileged and moaning about the money required to fix that building, when you don't have even the most basic of DIY skills to put a lick of elbow grease into it yourselves. How riveting, watching a couple of rich arseholes gets quotes and film tradespeople and whine about the cost and inconvenience out one side of their mouth then brag about the building out the other.

Genuinely - you want people to pay you for liking nice things - you don't have the depths of funds required despite being many times better off than the majority you are putting the begging bowl out to, and you don't have a sliver of the skill of the original builders or current craftspeople. It's the epitome of pointless wanky bullshit, and the only reason it's not completely infuriating that you're attempting to fleece people, is that if you're living there and still married in 5 years, you can add miraculous to your embarrassing alliteration. You won't cut it
I best not even start on MMM, dear sweet Jesus!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
View attachment 1605862
numbereightyseven
16 minutes ago (edited)
The problem with a history of mild clickbait, like this channel, is that today I was led to wonder, between seeing the title and starting to watch - had a person passed away, or had a peacock or hedgehog died? There's no silver lining to clickbait. It cheapens the times that are of a serious nature. It had laid a foundation of sensationalism to me discovering what had actually happened.
Show less

View attachment 1605863
Zed Blackworth
0 seconds ago
This whole vlog is not a proper commemoration for someone's life from the odious title--(something like remembering Ian would have been more appropriate) and the whole thing just about him and a link to the animal shelter charity of his choice. Filming outside the crematorium monetising a vlog and then showing what a jape they all had painting the tower. I am honestly appalled and shocked. Three takes showing Stephanie upset-if she was that choked and had some respect she would not have been filming at the poor mans funeral. Ian died on the 13.9.22 she wasn't too sad to go to Disney. I used to love this channel so much but it has become just a scripted license to print money. Please remove this vlog.
I love Zed Blackworth and sincerely hope that he is here on TL. OK, Zed, you can now come out from behind the curtain, please!
He tells SJ exactly what he feels and, more importantly how any real "sane and emotionally intelligent" viewer of the CD should be thinking/feeling too. He is always calling SJ out on her channel. And recently, I noticed, that he commented on a YT channel regarding BIlly's YT earnings, where he asked that the creator do the exactly the same in connection with Stephanie Jarvis. I personally look forward to that.

All it really took was for Stephanie Jarvis to respectfully add a picture of Ian at the end of that vlog excluding any footage of the funeral etc, much along the lines of that lovely shot which was posted in the last thread of him with his dog. And dedicate the entire vlog in his memory. I saw this happen only last week within a BBC1 production, where the very well known main presenter's mother had recently passed away - perfect. It happens a lot, so not unusual but far better than what Stephanie Jarvis perceived as being "appropriate", or not, as it transpired.
Truly shocking imho!

Reactions: 11
She removed the video!
Edit: And posted it again.. Title: Lalanders in mourning!
Nothing has changed in my part of the world...
Eww.png

It may be a monetisation thing.... A lot of people have reported the video, which may affect the monetisation. Hence the odd change...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think you will find that the rot set in when Phillipa became media manager or whatever title he has as a cover for her to pay him to stay at the château with her.
Respectfully, I don't agree. Yes, it became more apparent when Phillip showed up, but again, she's responsible for her own brand and for how she's being portrayed! Someone who cares about how they are being portrayed wouldn't allow this. Someone who is moral wouldn't allow this. Ever.

Phillip is not the problem here. Stephanie is. This is who she is, deep down to her core, and Phillip is merely the type of person she attracts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I love Zed Blackworth and sincerely hope that he is here on TL. OK, Zed, you can now come out from behind the curtain, please!
He tells SJ exactly what he feels and, more importantly how any real "sane and emotionally intelligent" viewer of the CD should be thinking/feeling too. He is always calling SJ out on her channel. And recently, I noticed, that he commented on a YT channel regarding BIlly's YT earnings, where he asked that the creator do the exactly the same in connection with Stephanie Jarvis. I personally look forward to that.

All it really took was for Stephanie Jarvis to respectfully add a picture of Ian at the end of that vlog excluding any footage of the funeral etc, much along the lines of that lovely shot which was posted in the last thread of him with his dog. And dedicate the entire vlog in his memory. I saw this happen only last week within a BBC1 production, where the very well known main presenter's mother had recently passed away - perfect. It happens a lot, so not unusual but far better than what Stephanie Jarvis perceived as being "appropriate", or not, as it transpired.
Truly shocking imho!

Well you might want to check who copied Zed's comment posted at 0 seconds ago and then who posted it here - you will discover who the real Zed Blackworth is.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.