The Chateau Diaries #182 Nobody likes anybody in Lalande. They play with genitals, drink, food and power

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan has lost the plot.

He doesn't have the skills to renovate what is just a shell of a building as big as that. He's already doing a bodge job on the ramshackle farmhouse where his kids live, how's he going to find the time?. And where's the money coming from? It's really a rebuild and will cost hundreds of thousands.

At face value this is a ludicrous venture. Unless, and hear me out here, Billy (I've got money to burn) Petherick is involved maybe as an investor? Billy did leave an excited comment under the previous teaser vlog.

This should make interesting viewing.
As a star graduate from the le lands school of grifting, I'm perfectly sure that strangers will be expected to pay. Patreon here he comes😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So karma hit me now for being so mean on tattle.
My husband got Corona with a seldom side effect called priapism. Look it up.... 😬 He had to go to the hospital 3x times and got adrenalin injections. And since he has Corona I could not drive him and every time the ambulance had to come - of course in the middle of night. (for the US citizens : this will cost me next to nothing) the third time he got weird side effects from the adrenalin....
So maybe that's why I got distracted and fell and sprained my ancle and have a cast now for 3 weeks.
Also having Corona symptoms like heavy flu symptoms and fever but daily test is negative. Sleeping most of the day and looking forward to tonight's video. Is this sad that Stephanies video is something to cheer me up? 🤔
I do hope you and your hubby heal quickly. ❤
I just looked up priapism, ouch!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Le Baiseur will appreciate the fact that I've been reduced to watching Janice in France. That's how bored I am!
Oh my gosh. What a nutbag that woman is! The last episode I watched, today actually, she was telling her viewers how to get their visas for France, yet she's so fucked up herself that hers is about to expire so she has to come back to the US. Also, a bunch of nonsensical stuff about her Social Security, which I didn't understand because I haven't watched all of her vlogs......and no chance of that happening from me! She's a whack-a-doodle! But I did feel a little sorry for her.....whatever it was about this social security payment delay sounds like it's screwed up her Visa, too. But it does sound like it's a mistake SHE made that has caused the delay. I couldn't really follow her and can't even explain why I kept watching it!
I wanted to like her and her squeaky southern accent so badly! I hope she can get her tit sorted.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Weren't Tati and Uncle supposed to bring the fountain over in their van? I assume the gazebo thing is too big and heavy for their van.
Hasn't it been more than a year since she purchased it? Or was that this summer...

Reactions: 9
Thank you for posting this OhIDontKnow.

What is he smoking, and can I get some.

He mentions the ruin was built in the early 19th century, then references roaring 20's and beginning of the art deco period. He must not realize that the 19th century was in the 1800s.

How can he afford to purchase more importantly restore this property with no income? Is he expecting patreon/youtube to fund it all?

I hope he has a rich backer somewhere.. oh could that be Billy Petherick or/and Amaury?
He also says "During the wars it was a refuge for all the children who suffered from the Holocaust." He says "during" when he means after, and "wars" as though he's unaware which war involved the Holocaust. Just so ignorant. I'm betting he had to look up Coco Chanel too and knew nothing about her except her perfumes and would be surprised to learn that history never records her hiding 300 children from her Nazi lover "during" WW2, or that she was blatantly antisemitic.

I love the part where he points are the burnt out remnants of the staircase, collapsed, overgrown and rotten and says "The stuff! The stuff! That must be under here!" And you just know the only thing under there is going to be a wasps nest.

Does anyone know where le Breux Chaumont is? I want to get on Ebay and snap up all the vintage postcards before Philip does.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Let’s name Dan’s chateau…

-The Crâpeau
-The Chateau de Ladan
-The New Dump
-His Biggest Mistake
-The Shâgteau
-The 2nd Least Safe Chateau In Rural France
-When’s The Next Fire
-The Skinniest Chateau
-Stephanie’s Heavy Equipment Graveyard
-Craptown
-WTF
-Henri Won’t Even Visit
-Oops I Bought An Abandoned Steaming Pile of tit
-Chateau du Bodge
-Schitt’s Castle
-Turkey Turrets
-Chateau de la Chompers
-Falafel Fortress
-Cray Gardens
-How To Renovate A Chateau (Whilst Accidentally Killing Yourself Or Someone Else)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

-The Crâpeau
-The Chateau de Ladan
-The New Dump
-His Biggest Mistake
-The Shâgteau
-When’s The Next Fire
-The Skinniest Chateau
-Craptown
-WTF
-Henri Won’t Even Visit
-Chateau du Bodge
-Schitt’s Castle
-Turkey Turrets
-Chateau de la Chompers
-Falafel Fortress
-Cray Gardens
-How To Renovate A Chateau (Whilst Accidentally Killing Yourself Or Someone Else)
I'm British but got my Turkish teeth into a French château.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I wanted to like her and her squeaky southern accent so badly! I hope she can get her tit sorted.
Same, she does seem like a nice lady, even though she sort of came off on the few vlogs I watched today like a total nutbag. One thing I can say for her is that she has a good outlook. I would have been beside myself if my Social Security was all screwed up like it appears hers is. She was pretty calm about the whole thing. I've looked into a lot of scenarios in the past year or two about living abroad - Italy, mostly - and for the life of me, can't understand what about her situation doesn't make sense from a financial perspective. My husband and I don't get social security yet, but it seems pretty cut and dried - in other words, very easy - to maintain that income and still live abroad. It's the "other" income that can be a bit challenging, but easy when you break it all down. I may go back and watch a few more of her vlogs to get a better picture.

I was a little shocked....did I hear her correctly? She's 70 years old?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I hope you're okay.
I was in the North Ridge one. Woke up in my b n b room to see the armoire walking across the floor toward me.
Takes a while to get your bearings back.
Hope all is well at Chateau Uvula.
All good - I'm in Auckland, I don't think we felt it up here.
My older sister is a geologist and reckons we have earthquakes all the time we just don't normally feel them........ she also said that no volcano in Auckland has ever erupted twice so I have to hightail it up the nearest one (all grassy parks) should we have any major seismic activity.
Ironically, the only time I've felt them was when I lived in Japan!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

-The Crâpeau
-The Chateau de Ladan
-The New Dump
-His Biggest Mistake
-The Shâgteau
-When’s The Next Fire
-The Skinniest Chateau
-Craptown
-WTF
-Henri Won’t Even Visit
-Chateau du Bodge
-Schitt’s Castle
-Turkey Turrets
-Chateau de la Chompers
-Falafel Fortress
-Cray Gardens
Definitely “how to renovate a château (whilst accidentally killing yourself or someone else” that’s brilliant 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

-The Crâpeau
-The Chateau de Ladan
-The New Dump
-His Biggest Mistake
-The Shâgteau
-When’s The Next Fire
-The Skinniest Chateau
-Craptown
-WTF
-Henri Won’t Even Visit
-Chateau du Bodge
-Schitt’s Castle
-Turkey Turrets
-Chateau de la Chompers
-Falafel Fortress
-Cray Gardens
Have to say I like Chateau du Bodge. Or maybe Chateau de Teef?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you for posting this OhIDontKnow.

What is he smoking, and can I get some.

He mentions the ruin was built in the early 19th century, then references roaring 20's and beginning of the art deco period. He must not realize that the 19th century was in the 1800s.

How can he afford to purchase more importantly restore this property with no income? Is he expecting patreon/youtube to fund it all?

I hope he has a rich backer somewhere.. oh could that be Billy Petherick or/and Amaury?
Maybe he is on LSD, I stopped that stuff in the 70’s when I thought I saw Mick Jäeger at my window asking me to go back to England with him.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The Squirrel’s trousers are almost reaching under his armpits
When my nephew was little, I used to pull his pants up really really high and make a middle parting, smoothing down his hair either side.
We called him Harry High Pants and laughed and laughed.
Luckily I'm still his favourite Aunty.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
All good - I'm in Auckland, I don't think we felt it up here.
My older sister is a geologist and reckons we have earthquakes all the time we just don't normally feel them........ she also said that no volcano in Auckland has ever erupted twice so I have to hightail it up the nearest one (all grassy parks) should we have any major seismic activity.
Ironically, the only time I've felt them was when I lived in Japan!
I am glad you are okay. I was in Japan (8th floor flat) just outside of Tokyo (Tachikawa) during the Tohoku earthquake in 2011- pretty scary time. My building actually groaned- we had a few quakes that had led up to the big one, but nothing like that. My saltwater fish tank was literally sloshing over, and I can laugh about it now- Mr. T Rex, "We need to go downstairs now! Grab your purse!" "But my fish!!!" Those clownfish could have cared less! I think the worst part was the aftershocks ("Was THAT really the big one?!?") and not knowing whether we'd be radiated from Fukushima. At least you know when a hurricane is coming- earthquakes are the worst! I still have the JMA app on my phone, and get the "Earthquake is coming!" alerts.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.