The Chateau Diaries #182 Nobody likes anybody in Lalande. They play with genitals, drink, food and power

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly what I was going to say! You took the words out of my mouth. OMG poor Annalise & the boys. He will never have available funds for them if his goal is to bring that place up to livable. It has nothing except a few standing walls which may not be structurally sound. Is there something in the air that these people inhale or do they really believe that the princess does live in a magical place. Are we the only ones that see the nightmare!
But... but... It was previously owned by Coco Chanel! 🤦‍♂️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I was just in utter shock. That is not a chateaux, it a burned out building.... it should be bull dozed where did he get the money to buy it? A roof alone could be 100k euros or more. There are no floors, windows, roof, plumbing, electrics. Did you see how long it's taken him to do the farm house??? I don't think I have 50 years to see what happens to the new place. BTW. What are they smoking/ drinking over there?????
Yep, makes Olly and Cammies place look great in comparison doesn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
My understanding is that the Libre Patch and the glucose monitor are two separate entities - am I mistaken? The patch is just decoration to hide the monitor isn't it? A friend's fiance wears one and that's the explanation I was given. Isn't the patch itself the bird sticker? 😧 Whaaaa! I'm confused!
My husband uses a continuous glucose monitor by Dexcom, but I know a bit about the Freestyle Libre - I think these are the only two continuous glucose monitors in the world! A few years ago, I looked into the Freestyle Libre because it is less expensive and seemed easier to use than the Dexcom unit. At the time, the Freestyle Libre CGM was used way more in Europe than here in the US. Not sure why, though. It was made available for use here in 2014 versus the system my husband uses, which was made available in 1999! The big advantage at the time I looked was that you could download your info onto an app on your phone with the Freestyle Libre......Dexcom has only been doing that for the past few years - you used to have a separate device, almost the size of a small remote, which probably accounts for the difference in cost. Also with the Dexcom unit, you don't have to "scan" anything like you do with the Freestyle Libre unit....the sensor in the Dexcom automatically transmits blood glucose readings every 5 minutes. Both brands have alarms that signal when your blood sugar is dropping or is too high.

The system itself is called the "Freestyle Libre" and is made by Abbott Labs
It uses a sensor, which I always call a transmitter and probably isn't the right terminology. Freestyle Libre's sensor is a white disk, about the size of a quarter that has a tab that goes under the skin wherever you're putting it. The sensor collects real time information about your current blood glucose reading and then, when you scan it with your phone, transmits that data to an app that you put on your phone.

I had no idea what you were talking about - bird sticker, patches - until I Googled. It seems there are all different companies and people out there who make little stickers to put on your Freestyle Libre sensor! All of these things are aftermarket items - the device companies aren't making them and selling them! Curiously, though, there are a plethora of people on Etsy, all from the UK, selling them! This seems to be a very popular thing in the UK! We live in very metropolitan area halfway between Washinggton, DC and Baltimore, MD and go to a gym a few times a week. We see a lot of people with these Freestyle Libre sensors on their arms, mostly younger people.....I have never once seen anyone with a sticker or decal on theirs, though! I think it's a fun idea!

Srsly. I'm reduced to watching "Handmade: Britain's Best Wood Worker." With that pottymouth Welsh woman, Mel whatsis.
Which I dote on, actually. The woodworkers, not Mel.
@Le Baiseur will appreciate the fact that I've been reduced to watching Janice in France. That's how bored I am!

Oh my gosh. What a nutbag that woman is! The last episode I watched, today actually, she was telling her viewers how to get their visas for France, yet she's so fucked up herself that hers is about to expire so she has to come back to the US. Also, a bunch of nonsensical stuff about her Social Security, which I didn't understand because I haven't watched all of her vlogs......and no chance of that happening from me! She's a whack-a-doodle! But I did feel a little sorry for her.....whatever it was about this social security payment delay sounds like it's screwed up her Visa, too. But it does sound like it's a mistake SHE made that has caused the delay. I couldn't really follow her and can't even explain why I kept watching it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Is it Mercury retrograde week or something? Lightning strikes my Tat peeps all over the world.
Here at Casa Billy exhausting family problems, solved by sheer cussedness on my part and 10 hours of sleep a night.
All fixed.
And now we're having a weird and delicious meal.
Salade Ali Baba, straight out of my beloved Larousse Gastro's characteristic 20-word recipes.
Sweet potato cubes and zucchini cubes, boiled, drained, mixed with a sufficiency of tarragon while lukewarm, and cooled. Shrimp. Parsley. Mayonnaise (I put white miso and lemon in mine, delicious). To garnish: Peeled and seeded tomato. Hardboiled eggs. Nasturtium blossoms.
I am fresh out of nasturtium blossoms. But they sure put the bab in Ali Baba.
With ho-made wheat baguettes, took three days, and they're pretty damn good. Less than 3/4 teaspoon yeast for 3 long loaves. Water. Salt. Flour. Five risings. Very simple, but not actually easy. (Mimi Sheraton's classic essay on the difference between bakers and chefs: https://www.nytimes.com/1982/08/21/...-well-and-enjoy-it-too-learn-your-metier.html )
To life!
Yup...Mercury in retrograde Sept.8 to Oct 1. Communications all f'ed up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
We had an earthquake in NZ, no lightening!
Hope you are ok!

Fanny and consort on tour...to the medieval fair...it looked more like a normal french market to me..at least they were dressed up..they for sure loved the attention...

Selmar was there...he wasnt invited for dinner at the shittoo?? he pointed out very nicely he goes along with Vivienne and Bill...i have the feeling the next event they are holding there is in 2024..for sure not in six months...at least Selmar has a roof above his head...and some food on the table...provided by bill and vivienne...It was a bit of a stinking fart in Fannies face...she didnt notice...

Maria was ill...no wonder...i do wonder why they all didnt get foodpoisoning..or maybe she didnt want to cook...who knows...so Fanny had to cook..and the old couple...prawncocktail in a soupbowl.. 🙄 ..carrots and potatoes..from the garden...that was no surprise..i guess they ran out of courgettes...a small amount of chicken for 14 people...and some mushrooms ...dessert was something i couldnt recognize from the super U..and not ripe figgs..:eek: those damn things were not ripe yet...but lucky people they were..to get the first figs from the garden...i bet the downstairs loo had to work overtime...if they ate them...i guess they didnt.. Fanny was amazed the people liked it...well..you silly cow....they paid high prices to pay hommage..off course they said it was nice...they would said it even if you had tit on thier plates..😨 I wonder ...when i do shopping for 14 people my groceries dont fit in that thing she had in the supermarket....i need a big cart...and where was Nutty??? was she sucking off the carpenter instead of looking after the parsley??

Its a madhouse...it really is...its revolting and disgusting... even watching it.....its like a dementia asylum having a daytrip.....that Wendy...and that other woman...omg..what are they doing there.....i think i have to stop watching it...it makes my stomage turn...more and more...
Thank you for this post. It made me laugh harder than I have in a while! But, it's all on point!

Reactions: 10
Dan has lost his bleeping mind. Here you go you filthy animals.

Thank you for posting this OhIDontKnow.

What is he smoking, and can I get some.

He mentions the ruin was built in the early 19th century, then references roaring 20's and beginning of the art deco period. He must not realize that the 19th century was in the 1800s.

How can he afford to purchase more importantly restore this property with no income? Is he expecting patreon/youtube to fund it all?

I hope he has a rich backer somewhere.. oh could that be Billy Petherick or/and Amaury?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
The part that attaches to your body has a little needle in it and a round disc. You use a hand held device to "read" the disc. Some use a phone app the disc is changed every 14 days people usually place them on the upper back of the arm so they are out of the way. The sticker just hides the disc and / or keeps it from falling off
That's what I thought! The toucan thing is just the sticker called a "libre patch" - is that right?

Reactions: 5
I was just in utter shock. That is not a chateaux, it a burned out building.... it should be bull dozed where did he get the money to buy it? A roof alone could be 100k euros or more. There are no floors, windows, roof, plumbing, electrics. Did you see how long it's taken him to do the farm house??? I don't think I have 50 years to see what happens to the new place. BTW. What are they smoking/ drinking over there?????
I can’t stand Dan, so I won’t be watching, wondering where’s the money coming from to finance this latest project, since he seems to be giving up the lame “see ya tamorrow” vlogs. And they’re closing the patron account. And he doesn’t appear to be working at lielande anymore? Most people see a big drop in lifestyle/money after a break up. I guess he won the lottery or just expects to pay for it by getting on the begging bandwagon

• Heart

He mentions the ruin was built in the early 19th century, then references roaring 20's and beginning of the art deco period. He must not realize that the 19th century was in the 1800s.

How can he afford to purchase more importantly restore this property with no income? Is he expecting patreon/youtube to fund it all?

I hope he has a rich backer somewhere.. oh could that be Billy Petherick or/and Amaury?
He did mention on one vlog that he was at lieLande to discuss a "business proposition" with Amaury.
What's he going to do with a chateau? Weekend cooking classes won't pay for it. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

We’re thinking along the same lines

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He did mention on one vlog that he was at lieLande to discuss a "business proposition" with Amaury.
What's he going to do with a chateau? Weekend cooking classes won't pay for it. 😂
I hope he steals Amaury away from Lalande!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I've just bought a forgotten and abandoned chateau in the heart of France to restore, I hope you'll all join my Patreon account and share in my journey with me.
1663895293328.png

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Wow! Thanks for sharing!
He's certainly picked a big aubergine to swallow! I'll tune in for the reno; it will be a nice change from the Lalande drivel.
That is a hot mess!!!

Stephanie said recently that she is close to getting a new handyman for Lalande. What if it’s Selmar?
Noooooo, he’s not that desperate. Or is he?

• Haha
  • Wow
How dreadfully sad about Ian the Plasterer.

lurching O/T,. My posting probably going to be a bit limited for a a bit. Had an accident at home on .monday a.m., Spent 24 hrs on the floor in agony before my hollers for attention were heard and neighbour with key appeared. 999 call. Emergency ambulance and admission to hosp on Tues, smashed hip and smashed upper arm ( not to be confused with Dana's dreadful hummous!). Replacement hip surgery yesterday. No surgery on arm. Have a small chest infection too, so IV antibiotics. Every sort of drip attached. All a blast...not! Don't really know if New York or new year as pain relief cocktail is pretty intense. God knows about going home, probably shall have to some R&R staying in a community hosp for a while after I leave big hosp which prob won't be for at least another week. Lovely private place near home but it's fearfully expensive & out of the question. Sorry, am droning on! Pills & potions running away with me! I think some typos &odd syntax, woolly grammar, too!

Viewing vlogs is going to be a bit complicated while on the (perfectly nice side bay of 4 beds, v quiet, view of a bit of garden!) ward that is currently my fiefdom as it's not really allowed! but try to keep up to speed reading here, even if I don't say anything.

I did have one thought ref the chatelaine (who apparently is unable to put together her daily wardrobe? WTAF?) And the never ending catalogue of disaster, drama, chaos and confusion, but with nothing ever completed, used as fodder for vlogs. It's the currency in which she trades and, quite how I've no idea, this cyber racketeering has been and continues to be hugely successful. it's outrageous.
Oh my gosh! How scary for you! So glad someone found you. ❤
Here’s to a very speedy recovery! My late grandpa broke his hip at 100, they replaced it as he was in great shape, body and mind. He had a speedy recovery.
Is there a friend that can come visit and be your nurse?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A few takeaways from tonight vlog..

• Chervil with prawns cocktails 🤮 What screwed up mind thought that was a good idea? Oh yeah, right... her. Might as well chop up some of Snorty's licorice and sprinkle that in for all the delightful dining pleasure chervil could add.
• Those carrots Fanny said were "fresh from the garden" looked awfully cleaned and trimmed for veggies that had just been dug up. They were obviously from the supermarket, and it's just so stupid and childish to lie about it. What's the point of it?
• Why did Fanny expressly make the point that Bill had invited her and Snorts to his chateau? Who cares!
• That self satisfied smug look on Snorts face when he tells her (nyah nyah - the jokes on you Steffi) she's not brought a change of clothing. 6 years do that. Punch him, just punch him. And then punch him again.
• OMG wearing a Medieval dress into a supermarket! Oh noooooo! What will people think?! What will people say?! The drama! The OTT anxiety! Can guarantee you, you stupid cow, no-one gave a tit. No-one gave you a second glance. No-one even noticed you were in the damn building.
Did you notice the dig SJ and Mummy had at Phillipa? When they were discussing cooking for the guests says words to the effect:
We've got Philipa to help us, what on earth could go wrong?
Mummy gives a fairly prolonged and negative reaction.

Quite a small thing, but telling. I'm surprised Phillipa left that in the final cut. I say that because isn't he in charge of media?
Not sure if I'm going mad but it appears to me that since mummy's return, Phillipa is appearing less in the vlogs. Trust me, mummy is slowly getting shot of him. I love her for it because I become frightened when he 'pops up' in the vlogs. It's my eyes you see, my eyes! They can't take it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Dan has lost his bleeping mind. Here you go you filthy animals.

Dan has lost the plot.

He doesn't have the skills to renovate what is just a shell of a building as big as that. He's already doing a bodge job on the ramshackle farmhouse where his kids live, how's he going to find the time?. And where's the money coming from? It's really a rebuild and will cost hundreds of thousands.

At face value this is a ludicrous venture. Unless, and hear me out here, Billy (I've got money to burn) Petherick is involved maybe as an investor? Billy did leave an excited comment under the previous teaser vlog.

This should make interesting viewing.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.