The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps they were referring to Dan and Annaliese closing theirs soon?
That was an afterthought that came to me but the question was not posed to anyone in particular... I'm not sure if there was a pic of Dan to prompt the question but that would make sense.

Reactions: 7
Awful life I think. Imagine having your days planned a year or more in advance?
Isn't that what all of us working public do? Have our year planned out before us. Except we have to go home and cook, clean and look after a house and family. I think it must be difficult being a royal, but what a privilege life they lead, the best of everything, including healthcare, no worries anout paying the mortgage or heating the house. There are many positives, and tbh they don't know any different. A bit like Fanny, what work does she do exactly, yet she is often applauded for all her hard work. SJ, Try working a 12 hour shift in a mental health unit.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Stephanie Jarvis and Co. went to Paris to celebrate Baby Jesus Jean's birthday. How many will travel to Egypt???

From left to right:
Stephanie Jarvis, Philip Janssen, Isabelle Jarvis, Percy Attfield, Oliver Strong, Natalia Oliveto, Daniel Preston, Dana Knaffo

Amaury Richmond will be left behind at Lalande. Someone has to work, feed the animals, water, look after the dogs.

1663085100335.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Sigh, no answers. I guess back to the millions of threads I go...
@LadyRed Hi.. during your long time lurking have you ever watched any of the vlogs?
Dan left to go and stay at his grandfathers place in France. Possibly outstayed his welcome or Twirled out from the pink room. His grandfather is away, presumably in the UK so Dan looking after the place.
His tell all was merely a vlog about his and Annalises's separation. Not wanting to put too much on the internet as the boys would get to see when they are older. Tattlers have their suspicions re a third party involvment.
Amoury came to work on the panelling for the Grande Salon but became one of the crewe, waiting tables, fixing plumbing etc and then he was seconded to making the panelling for the Marquis apartment. We knew he had dogs and at some point they would be joining him in France, not sure why it took so long to get them here as it's been over 12 months since he arrived.
Without leaving this response I can't remember what else you asked.

Stick insect brooch on Camilla
View attachment 1579235
The Dragon fly symbolizes change and transformation . Insects in general from a Shamans point of view represents healing of communities and finding meaning in their own lives. So both would be appropriate I would think when attending a ceremony of a life now transitioned.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Cheers, love. This is why I wanted the tattler's opinion as well, I have watched vlogs in real time since the pandemic but lack their eagle eye and detective skills. I started from thread 1 many moons ago but then skipped ahead after Phillip was outed as the boyfriend so I have missed quite a bit. My initial intention was to read them all but it is taking forever, the CD threads move so fast!
So many questions!
looks like Dan moved out in order to be a grown man lol, he still works for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not quite Camilla's brooch but this amazing Mantis was on the edge of my table at a bar a couple of days ago.

Text wouldn't fit in but posts go at the speed of light

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tourisme derail. Please scroll by if you're not interested...

This is going out to @Alice Strictknickers and @billybudd , if you're interested - my food market recommendations.

I always direct visitors to Les Halles de Narbonne. It's open 365 days a year from 7am to 2pm. A must visit for any foodie. If it's edible you'll find it there. Thursday and Sunday are Narbonne market days and the alternative stalls (clothing, housewares and general crap etc.,) are spread out around the barques outside of Les Halles de Narbonne. Inside the Halles are bars and brasseries and they are very, very popular. Chez Bebelle is a local character, ex French rugby man if you can get a seat grab it. Just opposite the Halles he now has a restaurant. Narbonne is a roman town with lots of roman artifacts and a new museum. The cathedral and the Palais de Archevêques was the seat of the archbishops of Milan. Narbonne is not a huge town, pop. under 60k, but it has a good feel and a Mediterranean vibe. The local sweet pastry is La Narbonnaise.

Moving out to the coast from Narbonne is Gruissan. This was the opening to the roman port but there is not much evidence of that now. The old village is built in the circulade, between etang and sea. They fish eels in the short autumn season from the etang and tielles (little cockle/scallops) from the sea in the spring and there is a small fish market, open daily, on the fisherman's quay. There is also a fisherman's "village" where you can buy direct early mornings. On the way to the fisherman's village is the salins, salt pans, where you can take a guided visit, visit the museum and buy sea salt direct. There is a restaurant too. Oysters are farmed at Gruissan too and the farm shop and restaurant is La Pearle Gruissanaise at Narbonne plage. There is also a micro brewery at Gruissan plage. Gruissan plage is probably best known by the French for the cult film 37,2° Le Matin by Jean-Jacques Beineix. It's stilt houses are iconic. There is also a port plaisance at Gruissan with bars and restaurants. Between Narbonne and Gruissan is an area called La Clape. There are excellent wine domaines growing their vines on the limestone escarpment.

I know you said you've been to Carcassonne but the market in the centre of the Bastide town, place Carnot (gorgeous marble fountain dedicated to neptune and lots of bars too) is well worth a visit. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning. Then just a few steps from there is the covered food Halles. Turn left at the top rh of place Carnot passing Fromagerie Bousquet, absolutely excellent, then right into rue de Verdun. In front of you on one corner is La Ferme, a gourmande experience of a shop, and on the other corner a very good boulangerie. Continue a few steps along rue de Verdun and the entrance to the covered Halles is on your left. If you have never walked around Carcassonne new town, the Bastide St Louis (13thC so not new at all), it's well worth it. Lots of places to eat in hidden side streets. Cassoulet, of course is the dish of Carcassonne and lots of duck.

My last, but not least, market choice would be Revel. Not strictly in the Languedoc but what's a border between friends! Between Toulouse and Castelnaudary in the heart of haricot bean and Saucisse de Toulouse country. Cassoulet prevails and hearty stews in winter. Head in to the centre of the old town and you'll find the market square. Saturday morning only. Lots of small, local producers. Gorgeous succulent and vibrant fresh fruit and vegetables and livestock still on the hoof, if you get my drift.

So, there you are. In the words of Julia Child's - Bon appetit!

Apologies for the derail to those not interested...
Excellent, @C'est moi ,very much appreciated, thank you! All sounds really interesting! You are making my mouth water...(apart from the oysters...) Love cassoulet. and all that fresh produce you find. I will most certainly check out some of your suggestions (my travel companion willing, of course ;-) ) 🥰 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Stephanie Jarvis and Co. went to Paris to celebrate Baby Jesus Jean's birthday. How many will travel to Egypt???

From left to right:
Stephanie Jarvis, Philip Janssen, Isabelle Jarvis, Percy Attfield, Oliver Strong, Natalia Oliveto, Daniel Preston, Dana Knaffo

Amaury Richmond will be left behind at Lalande. Someone has to work, feed the animals, water, look after the dogs.

View attachment 1579828
Can we just take in that Fanny and Phillip have had about 100 days vacation this year alone. In the Patron flog IJ mentions that a lot of Fanny's friends from University were getting on and had high powered jobs and that Fanny didn't but Fanny always had her freedom, but YouTube has made her lose that freedom. Fanny corrected her and said she now has a new type of freedom. Here on tattle we can read between the line Fanny is referring to the vast sums of money swilling around from Patron-which with $35,000 dollars a month she will be getting $420,000 per annum, tax free: just let that sink in that is without the ad revenue, B nB and her other grifts. She should be ploughing through the renovations. There are still no accounts from Fanny she doesn't even mention them and still the muppet patrons gush and think of other ways to send her more. The patron flog sees her sitting their like some kind of actress or hugely famous woman being interviewed by David Letterman and she even has the audacity to mention the disparity between the haves and have nots in the world is unfair but we should rejoice in others living the dream. I hate to say this but she is a really nasty self obsessed spoiled hole.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes Isabelle is arranging delivery of Pergola from Chelsea and the fountain and apparently quite a few other purchases. Fanny maintains she has done this to save money but IJ is using removal firms to deliver (save money my arse) it will take another month Percy says I hope she gets stuffed with a big duty bill at customs. Fanny is a feckless little idiot with not a modicum of practicality all she wants is to shop and travel and have her adoring public delight in all she has.
Pergola, fountain, day bed, fake books, chandeliers these items we know off. Calculations incoming filthy animals:

This shipments will take about 10m³ on the lorry (5 non stackable euro pallet places) this will cost €2500 for transport another €120 for export documentation.

The day bed is at reduced VAT of 5.5% no import duties.
The pergula + fountain if they are made in India 20% vat will be charged + 16.5% import duties :)))))
The fake books & chandeliers if they are older then 100 years and are considered a colactible there will be 5.5% vat charges.

There are no import duties from UK to France if the poduct is produced in the uk
If the product is 100 years old or considered pieces of art/antiques vat is 5.5% and they are exempt from import duties.

Edit: transportation has sky rocketed so I still stand corrected if the above guesstimate is still low.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Excellent, @C'est moi ,very much appreciated, thank you! All sounds really interesting! You are making my mouth water...(apart from the oysters...) Love cassoulet. and all that fresh produce you find. I will most certainly check out some of your suggestions (my travel companion willing, of course ;-) ) 🥰 ❤
Thank you. I love where I live. It is a truly diverse region. I love that the fresh produce is so readily available and that there are so many small producers now.

I forgot to mention the olives. Shame on me as my village is an olive producing village. People forget about the olive production across the entire south of France. There are a number of small producers across the Narbonnais. The most well know is the co-operative L'Oulibo, always open to the public.

Caroline Conrans "Sud de France - The food and cooking of the Languedoc" is a wonderful book.

As I type this they are picking the grapes, by hand, in the vineyards behind my house. I wish I could record the sounds for you all. There is much laughter, singing and general jolity. Santé friends 🍷

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Can we just take in that Fanny and Phillip have had about 100 days vacation this year alone. In the Patron flog IJ mentions that a lot of Fanny's friends from University were getting on and had high powered jobs and that Fanny didn't but Fanny always had her freedom, but YouTube has made her lose that freedom. Fanny corrected her and said she now has a new type of freedom. Here on tattle we can read between the line Fanny is referring to the vast sums of money swilling around from Patron-which with $35,000 dollars a month she will be getting $420,000 per annum just let that sink in that is without the ad revenue, B nB and her other grifts. She should be ploughing through the renovations. There are still no accounts from Fanny she doesn't even mention them and still the muppet patrons gush and think of other ways to send her more. The patron flog sees her sitting their like some kind of actress or hugely famous woman being interviewed by David Letterman and she even has the audacity to mention the disparity between the haves and have nots in the world is unfair but we should rejoice in others living the dream. I hate to say this but she is a really nasty self obsessed spoiled hole.
I absolutely agree with all this and am I right in thinking you are a patreon. If so I do have a question for you and any other Tattlers that are also patreons as I genuinely and seriously do not understand it. It is a big challenge for me to understand why you continue to give her monies and I just don’t get it.
If anyone can explain it to me I would be grateful as I would begrudge her and the other hangers on my last penny.

Reactions: 9
Oh boy. I’m way behind, trying to catch up and just came to this post... What the hell am I seeing? I’m (almost) speechless. I have apparently missed this on the vlog (and I’m so thankful). He just gets weirder and weirder, doesn’t he. I have many pages to read here to catch up... hoping there will be an explanation in addition to some witty comments on this “outfit” or whatever is happening in this screen capture. He seriously looks like he has breasts! Is this photo-shopped? Did one of you create this? Well done, if yes!
He borrows Fanny’s, the ones that come and go 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can we just take in that Fanny and Phillip have had about 100 days vacation this year alone. In the Patron flog IJ mentions that a lot of Fanny's friends from University were getting on and had high powered jobs and that Fanny didn't but Fanny always had her freedom, but YouTube has made her lose that freedom. Fanny corrected her and said she now has a new type of freedom. Here on tattle we can read between the line Fanny is referring to the vast sums of money swilling around from Patron-which with $35,000 dollars a month she will be getting $420,000 per annum, tax free: just let that sink in that is without the ad revenue, B nB and her other grifts. She should be ploughing through the renovations. There are still no accounts from Fanny she doesn't even mention them and still the muppet patrons gush and think of other ways to send her more. The patron flog sees her sitting their like some kind of actress or hugely famous woman being interviewed by David Letterman and she even has the audacity to mention the disparity between the haves and have nots in the world is unfair but we should rejoice in others living the dream. I hate to say this but she is a really nasty self obsessed spoiled hole.
Yes, she loves to get expensive gifts from others and from herself, but doesn't seem to treat other people the same way. It's squirrel wine or a jar of Lalande honey, if she even remembers. I'm sure we've seen vlogs where she's been unaware it's Marie's (?) birthday or has made no effort to be there for someone. Selmar's lonely birthday vlog with just Antoine comes to mind.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.