The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I could also be so bold as to add: Narcissist behavior is not only found within our families and with a particular Chateau owner but also with people posting here. Nac's are everywhere. The grandiose feelings of self-importance can really show themselves within an anonymous forum and satisfy a need to be admired.
It's easy to spot them...they react quite savagely to criticism.
I am astounded that this hasn't been picked up by others. Can it be that Tattlers are intimidated by the support. these narcs seem to enjoy from a small clique?

Bravo @Heathcliffe, for speaking out in defence of @Mojo. I expected better of those who have been vocal in their concern. for our loyal Tattler and yet remain silent. in the face of this attempt to besmirch her in her absence.
Accusations that she tried to keep her Patreon membership under wraps were both inaccurate and dishonest as Mojo made no secret of this from very early on. Ask yourselves, if you were going to try to unsettle this thread, which OG Tattler which you set out to discredit?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Just watched a bit of cadeaux. I made it through the part where Percy is stabbing at a package to open it. I cannot be alone in my desire to snatch the knife away from him before he slashes the lot of them. I had to leave when Fanny began reading the instructions for the bleeping fairy lights. I. cannot.

Not to derail: a small update on Kevin <insert weeping> - he left us with the aid of an mobile vet on Friday, September 9, 2022, exactly 7 years to the day after he came to live with me and exactly 7 months after his 22 pound brother died of chronic pancreatitis complicated by congestive heart failure (or was it the other way 'round?). We're so sad to have lost them both so soon. My Ragdoll is deeply depressed.

Small update on the Jeep v. back yard. Approximately $25,000 in property damage (he took out the porch and bulkhead, and, loosened the bricks in the foundation surrounding the bulkhead) and I think I told you that my daughter's car was totaled, as well.

The driver of the Jeep is still OK.

Hope those of you from the UK are holding up after the death of the Queen. @KyBourbon you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother-in-law.
Just watched a bit of cadeaux. I made it through the part where Percy is stabbing at a package to open it. I cannot be alone in my desire to snatch the knife away from him before he slashes the lot of them. I had to leave when Fanny began reading the instructions for the bleeping fairy lights. I. cannot.

Not to derail: a small update on Kevin <insert weeping> - he left us with the aid of an mobile vet on Friday, September 9, 2022, exactly 7 years to the day after he came to live with me and exactly 7 months after his 22 pound brother died of chronic pancreatitis complicated by congestive heart failure (or was it the other way 'round?). We're so sad to have lost them both so soon. My Ragdoll is deeply depressed.

Small update on the Jeep v. back yard. Approximately $25,000 in property damage (he took out the porch and bulkhead, and, loosened the bricks in the foundation surrounding the bulkhead) and I think I told you that my daughter's car was totaled, as well.

Hope those of you from the UK are holding up after the death of the Queen. @KyBourbon you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother-in-law.
So sad to hear about Kevin. 😓
It’s tough losing our fur baby’s.

I’m currently watching the procession from Buckingham Palace, it is deeply moving and sad.
I did video a little from my old tv and managed to catch Major Johnny marching behind the coffin as well. I can’t upload but took a screenshot for you all.
Major Johnny helps us through the sadness!
*He is fine!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Nearly peed my pants Go Dan. Haven't watched the grift grab but comments comedy gold from Dan give that man a medal
1VBk4YPLNhhBi_KqYc7AoLNA=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Martha Izaguirre
1 day ago
Phillip is probably worn out because it seems he never has a day off. Maybe a weekend escape to a health spa would be a great birthday gift to rejuvenate him!
emoji_u1f970.png

7 REPLIES

-IBRmJNTy7pVIaK6sZngGuvk=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Vawne James
1 day ago
That sounds like a wonderful present for Phillip he truly compliments Stephanie . They are all hard working at the chateau every one of them They all make my day
Show less

AH0gUeucCpjd56J2rByiqMLw=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Dan Ellis-Jones
1 day ago
Phillip? Are you kidding? I was working nights at a pub and temping in the day at 25! And at 26 I was working 12hr days. He just potters around a chateau buying stuff. If you notice, any heavy lifting he's nowhere to be seen! And I've never seen him cook or even serve food.
Show less

wQK0kt4bShiVwgkw3hW4Th3w=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Pam Graham
11 hours ago
Hmmm. You haven’t watched enough to see him upholstering, decorating, sorting, hauling, editing and cooking. He’s behind the camera a lot of the time recording other people doing things. Stephanie says he’s truly a kind person and I think that really shows in the dozens of hours of videos many of us have watched.
Show less

Dan Ellis-Jones
9 hours ago
@Pam Graham I've watched it for 2 years. I look at him and every time hard work is being done he's nowhere to be seen. It's either Amery or Dan. Just look at the last 2 videos. He's not cooking. He's not lifting. He has a chair in 1 shot. And that's just in the context of LaLande. In the context of the wider world, I knew of no 25yo who was just making videos in a remote chateau, and planting the odd thing. My mates were starting businesses, or working in offices working their way up. It seems the only person who actually works like a normal person is Amery. He's got real talent.
Show less

tMdBES7OibSBiuM_yBB_v7Zg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Zed Blackworth
5 hours ago
@Dan Ellis-Jones also had a massive amount of holidays this year in anyones book

Highlighted reply

Dan Ellis-Jones
5 hours ago (edited)
@Zed Blackworth Yeah, he's had a number of holidays, none of which, from what I can make out, he paid for. The B&B must be going hammer and tongs for the lifestyle they lead! Because the patreon money IS only being used to renovate and decorate!
Read more

tMdBES7OibSBiuM_yBB_v7Zg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Zed Blackworth
5 seconds ago
@Dan Ellis-Jones the B and B is only open 4 months a year and weekends only I believe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I asked about the crown because I wondered about security. It must be an enormous task to keep it safe!

I don’t get the intended slur of being a patron of CD. A lot of tattlers are former patrons and became tattlers. So what?

Last edited:
Nearly peed my pants Go Dan. Haven't watched the grift grab but comments comedy gold from Dan give that man a medal
View attachment 1578457
Martha Izaguirre
1 day ago
Phillip is probably worn out because it seems he never has a day off. Maybe a weekend escape to a health spa would be a great birthday gift to rejuvenate him! View attachment 1578458

7 REPLIES

View attachment 1578459
Vawne James
1 day ago
That sounds like a wonderful present for Phillip he truly compliments Stephanie . They are all hard working at the chateau every one of them They all make my day
Show less

View attachment 1578460
Dan Ellis-Jones
1 day ago
Phillip? Are you kidding? I was working nights at a pub and temping in the day at 25! And at 26 I was working 12hr days. He just potters around a chateau buying stuff. If you notice, any heavy lifting he's nowhere to be seen! And I've never seen him cook or even serve food.
Show less

View attachment 1578461
Pam Graham
11 hours ago
Hmmm. You haven’t watched enough to see him upholstering, decorating, sorting, hauling, editing and cooking. He’s behind the camera a lot of the time recording other people doing things. Stephanie says he’s truly a kind person and I think that really shows in the dozens of hours of videos many of us have watched.
Show less

View attachment 1578462
Dan Ellis-Jones
9 hours ago
@Pam Graham I've watched it for 2 years. I look at him and every time hard work is being done he's nowhere to be seen. It's either Amery or Dan. Just look at the last 2 videos. He's not cooking. He's not lifting. He has a chair in 1 shot. And that's just in the context of LaLande. In the context of the wider world, I knew of no 25yo who was just making videos in a remote chateau, and planting the odd thing. My mates were starting businesses, or working in offices working their way up. It seems the only person who actually works like a normal person is Amery. He's got real talent.
Show less

View attachment 1578463
Zed Blackworth
5 hours ago
@Dan Ellis-Jones also had a massive amount of holidays this year in anyones book

Highlighted reply
View attachment 1578464
Dan Ellis-Jones
5 hours ago (edited)
@Zed Blackworth Yeah, he's had a number of holidays, none of which, from what I can make out, he paid for. The B&B must be going hammer and tongs for the lifestyle they lead! Because the patreon money IS only being used to renovate and decorate!
Read more

View attachment 1578465
Zed Blackworth
5 seconds ago
@Dan Ellis-Jones the B and B is only open 4 months a year and weekends only I believe
Just gone to look at these comments as they are good and what I’ve noticed through all the chat is that all the replies are from IJ nothing from Fanny. Has she buggered off again?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There's a liege man thing he did around the Queen, and to a degree around Charles, that absolutely floors me.
Somebody mentioned the "profound tenderness" of the young pall bearers coming out of Holyrood. It's that. Devastating.

View attachment 1578178
I started crying when the bagpipe started playing and I saw these young men's faces - that haunting song I never heard of until Prince Philip's funeral. Flowers of the Forest (I've read it's sometimes simply called The Lament). So beautiful.

I found a short clip of this on Twitter, a short 33 seconds.

(4) Royal Central on Twitter: "Queen Elizabeth’s coffin is carried from St Giles’ Cathedral to the sound of the Piper to the Sovereign. https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Zed Blackworth & Dan Ellis-Jones snarky and astute perhaps current tattlers or they should be.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
View attachment 1578457
Martha Izaguirre
1 day ago
Phillip is probably worn out because it seems he never has a day off. Maybe a weekend escape to a health spa would be a great birthday gift to rejuvenate him! View attachment 1578458

7 REPLIES

View attachment 1578459
Vawne James
1 day ago
Show less

View attachment 1578460
Dan Ellis-Jones
1 day ago
Show less

View attachment 1578461
Pam Graham
11 hours ago
Show less

View attachment 1578462
Dan Ellis-Jones
9 hours ago
Show less

View attachment 1578463
Zed Blackworth
5 hours ago

Highlighted reply
View attachment 1578464
Dan Ellis-Jones
5 hours ago (edited)
Read more

View attachment 1578465
Zed Blackworth
5 seconds ago
Wake up and smell the coffee baby! Dan gets it. Zed gets it. How long before they're deleted.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

My condolences to you on the loss of your beautiful Kevin! To lose a beloved member of your family within 7 months of another is really a tough blow. Hugs to you and your Ragdoll.

• Heart
hello?? these are the photos of madam and lalande. :p but seriously, although i like his landscapes, what i saw of portraits he made, he sucks.
But imagine, were you at lieLande for Patreon Day, would you purchase one of his photos? Consider the cost - consider also that were you there, with your own camera, even with a phone camera you can probably capture a shot as equally comparable, if not better. Any amateur could. Take the shot, filter it through photoshop, fiddle with the lighting, contast and colour and you've saved yourself a great deal of money.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was going to answer that @Luna20 is the maths expert here regarding SJ's holidays and had been keeping a record up till a month or so ago. Thanks and as always, much appreciated Luna20. So, at least 82 days so far this year, indeed! That virtually equates to almost 3 months - nothing new there then!
Let's also add in 1-2 nights away at other chateau owners' too. M&M birthday celebration springs to mind as being one. Can't remember others but I am certain that there must be more. :rolleyes:
She is nearing the 100 days. M&M and the odd chateau visits I forgot.

What happened to the Tuesday flogs? They planned to start that in march..it's august!
I know why she isn't flogging on Tuesday but I still like to ask just so she knows we don't forget her words.

• Heart
But imagine, were you at lieLande for Patreon Day, would you purchase one of his photos? Consider the cost - consider also that were you there, with your own camera, even with a phone camera you can probably capture a shot as equally comparable, if not better. Any amateur could. Take the shot, filter it through photoshop, fiddle with the lighting, contast and colour and you've saved yourself a great deal of money.
Or, simply go to his Instagram page and print them off on some photo paper. Voila'! Cheap and cheerful, just like the Chatelaine herself!

Michael Potts (@michael_potts_photography) • Instagram photos and videos

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Now, that is an ugly one!
Let's face it it is bloody tough to keep track they are away so sodding much it is actually a joke how often the flit about
frankly what do they do? It’s not like Fanny and PhiPhi have a real job, and they have minions waiting on them, they don’t make dinner or clean or run daily operations of lieland. They are on permanent vacation paid for by the poor dupes that support her YouTube channel. That ain’t working that’s the way you do it money for nothing get your cheques for free

• Heart
Im having flashbacks of carving a swede at halloween in the 1980s as no one had pumpkins in the uk back then 😂
And that's a hell of a lot more traditional, in keeping with original local customs, than a pumpkin.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.