The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's face it it is bloody tough to keep track they are away so sodding much it is actually a joke how often the flit about
Patreon video's are tit this year, it's always a sneak peak of the thursdays vlog. No hour long q&a, no accounts, no plans.
2022 was the year of finishing project, she finished nothing except the sitting room.

So last year we had the gerry/nati appartments, grand salon, the loo, the lake, swimming pool, facade and heating on the never ending list. Nothing changed there.

So with all this time on hand what is she doing??? Yeah you guessed it right! Buying furniture! And never getting the Tuesday flog back online although she is facing a bill of 300K for heating instalation.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
you are refering to St Edwards crown...the one on the coffin is the Imperial State Crown... ;)
Oh I beg your pardon! You know more about crowns than me...naturally! I am not gay, and not even woke. And now all of England has turned woke, we even have a man for Queen! :LOL: ✌ Ps! Long live Charles III

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Carrying their Commander in Chief.
This image should be cast in bronze.
The expression on each of those soldier's faces captures their grief so well that this would make a wonderful painting as a memorial - It moves me every time I see it.
Sightings of Jonnie Thompson were very fleeting today though several of you have clocked him. I shall have to pop over to his Tattle channel & have a look.
Isabel is taking on many forms, the most unlikely in my view is Mojo - the distinctive style & verve she had right from the first threads, not to mention her visuals would cancel out any of 'Isabelle's self righteous, braying. My bet is still that it was a ploy to uncover Clara.
Well done @Just Grift Wood finding Dan Ellis Jones' post. He kept his ground amid the fans and caught the essence of PJ exactly - will it stay up I wonder bc comment control is one of his jobs...or was he ill at the time?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hello!
It has been interesting reading the last few days as the conversation derailed. Whatever happened or didn't happen, Fanny succeeded in diverting the conversation away from her. Knowing the people there were lower tiered it makes sense not to have done a public confrontation. The higher tiered patrons are the ones actually staying and spending the money.

Also, the trying to sell other items to people that already support them makes me upset. I had a second job during the holidays that was taking orders (company sold steaks) and then having them sent out as gifts. One of the things we were to do was to upsell. I refused to do it for some. You could tell they were elderly and I told someone once, if I found out that someone on a call was pressuring my grandparents to buy something and they did when they couldn't afford it I would be livid. At the time my grandpa was still living and was a young 100 year old. It's that taking advantage of those that are susceptible to it.

My condolences to all who mourn your Queen. She was something - not only watching history but being front row for it (the people she has met). Being an American it was interesting watching the royals but it was a view of outside looking in. I cannot imagine publicly mourning in the way her family is. For King Charles, all the duties he needs to do to assume the throne. He must be exhausted at the end of each day and wishing his mother was there to help guide him. My mom was 75 when Grandpa died at 102. He died 11 days after my uncle did. He didn't want to outlive any of his kids and sadly he did by 11 days.

The crown will change in the next year and it will be intriguing to watch. Will they release those countries from rule so they become independent.

I thought Dan said in his last video he would be finishing adding the metal works to the arbor or whatever that thing is. Another place they could have had the luncheon. Flowy fabric and lights (which we know they had because they used it for IJ's wedding).

I watched Chateau de Purnon vlog this morning. While I do not speak French, unfortunately, I got the basic understanding of what they were speaking about. The one thing I noticed, and shockingly, she was wearing shorts and work boots! Proper attire for their renovations. Fanny should take note but won't.

Her "bad back" is wearing inappropriate shoes on areas she shouldn't be.

I feel like I had other things to say but have forgotten what they are. Have a wonderful day/evening where ever you are at in the world!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She is nearing the 100 days. M&M and the odd chateau visits I forgot.

What happened to the Tuesday flogs? They planned to start that in march..it's august!
I know why she isn't flogging on Tuesday but I still like to ask just so she knows we don't forget her words.
where is her travel channel every two weeks or does a fortnight mean something else?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
He was handing Charles a pen.
I hope to hell for his sake, the pen didn't leak and worked first time. 😆
I forsee Parker loosing their Royal Warrants in the not too distant.
King's don't take kindly to public embarrassment.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Tourisme derail. Please scroll by if you're not interested...

This is going out to @Alice Strictknickers and @billybudd , if you're interested - my food market recommendations.

I always direct visitors to Les Halles de Narbonne. It's open 365 days a year from 7am to 2pm. A must visit for any foodie. If it's edible you'll find it there. Thursday and Sunday are Narbonne market days and the alternative stalls (clothing, housewares and general crap etc.,) are spread out around the barques outside of Les Halles de Narbonne. Inside the Halles are bars and brasseries and they are very, very popular. Chez Bebelle is a local character, ex French rugby man if you can get a seat grab it. Just opposite the Halles he now has a restaurant. Narbonne is a roman town with lots of roman artifacts and a new museum. The cathedral and the Palais de Archevêques was the seat of the archbishops of Milan. Narbonne is not a huge town, pop. under 60k, but it has a good feel and a Mediterranean vibe. The local sweet pastry is La Narbonnaise.

Moving out to the coast from Narbonne is Gruissan. This was the opening to the roman port but there is not much evidence of that now. The old village is built in the circulade, between etang and sea. They fish eels in the short autumn season from the etang and tielles (little cockle/scallops) from the sea in the spring and there is a small fish market, open daily, on the fisherman's quay. There is also a fisherman's "village" where you can buy direct early mornings. On the way to the fisherman's village is the salins, salt pans, where you can take a guided visit, visit the museum and buy sea salt direct. There is a restaurant too. Oysters are farmed at Gruissan too and the farm shop and restaurant is La Pearle Gruissanaise at Narbonne plage. There is also a micro brewery at Gruissan plage. Gruissan plage is probably best known by the French for the cult film 37,2° Le Matin by Jean-Jacques Beineix. It's stilt houses are iconic. There is also a port plaisance at Gruissan with bars and restaurants. Between Narbonne and Gruissan is an area called La Clape. There are excellent wine domaines growing their vines on the limestone escarpment.

I know you said you've been to Carcassonne but the market in the centre of the Bastide town, place Carnot (gorgeous marble fountain dedicated to neptune and lots of bars too) is well worth a visit. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning. Then just a few steps from there is the covered food Halles. Turn left at the top rh of place Carnot passing Fromagerie Bousquet, absolutely excellent, then right into rue de Verdun. In front of you on one corner is La Ferme, a gourmande experience of a shop, and on the other corner a very good boulangerie. Continue a few steps along rue de Verdun and the entrance to the covered Halles is on your left. If you have never walked around Carcassonne new town, the Bastide St Louis (13thC so not new at all), it's well worth it. Lots of places to eat in hidden side streets. Cassoulet, of course is the dish of Carcassonne and lots of duck.

My last, but not least, market choice would be Revel. Not strictly in the Languedoc but what's a border between friends! Between Toulouse and Castelnaudary in the heart of haricot bean and Saucisse de Toulouse country. Cassoulet prevails and hearty stews in winter. Head in to the centre of the old town and you'll find the market square. Saturday morning only. Lots of small, local producers. Gorgeous succulent and vibrant fresh fruit and vegetables and livestock still on the hoof, if you get my drift.

So, there you are. In the words of Julia Child's - Bon appetit!

Apologies for the derail to those not interested...
Thank you for this day dreaming trip. Makes the world seem larger knowing there is so much to explore, see and do. But yet, the world is smaller for knowing someone who knows this.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Perhaps Phyllis's laying low is because he has a bad feeling about Potty moving in on his territory. I would if I was him. I'm not a fan of Potty, but compared to Phyllis he comes out ahead in my opinion. One, Potts actually works at his photography and makes money. Two, he knows more about wine. Three, he has travelled more and is more worldly, Four, in my opinion, is better looking. Five, he is a more appropriate mate for Fanny. Six, he has a history with Fanny that Phyllis will never have. Seven, he knows how to work the bread oven, make bread and pizza, Phyllis only knows how to make Pasta Surprise Salad. Who's going to get their stocking filled for Christmas? Only Santa knows.

I have a feeling Phyllis posed for it, looks about right.
I'm 100% with you, MPK should return too. In Josie's words, that will do him:)

When potts, MPK is around Queen Philippa out of the Netherlands is just a shadow accompanying potts/MPK & SJ.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Wasn't she a ghost writer.. meaning writing for other people and not spooky story teller? I actually read her book which was so memorable I can't even recall what it was called. Older woman, younger man in vineyard story.. I really can't remember the details. Yawn fest

Maybe vista print have a holographic sale on ?
Yes a ghost writer for daily mail? Dreadful tripe. A child could wrote such simplistic things eg” the clouds so fluffy’ .
Airport lounge book?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
what about NY? or was that last year?
that was last year September! remember the 14 days quarantine in Barbados before they jetted off to NYC for the christie's thing?

Also I secretly laugh my socks off, the christie's video has done so bad!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Our faithful Major Jonathan Thompson walked in the Queen's cortege today, the only kilt in the panoply. I know he would be proud to represent.
He walked one rank behind Prince Harry, following, I think, the Duke of Gloucester.
He was the second person the King spoke to, after the Archbishop of Canterbury, after the ceremony at Westminster Hall.
View attachment 1577998
View attachment 1578000
He is The Kings Equerry….🤔

Reactions: 8
I am astounded that this hasn't been picked up by others. Can it be that Tattlers are intimidated by the support. these narcs seem to enjoy from a small clique?

Bravo @Heathcliffe, for speaking out in defence of @Mojo. I expected better of those who have been vocal in their concern. for our loyal Tattler and yet remain silent. in the face of this attempt to besmirch her in her absence.
Accusations that she tried to keep her Patreon membership under wraps were both inaccurate and dishonest as Mojo made no secret of this from very early on. Ask yourselves, if you were going to try to unsettle this thread, which OG Tattler which you set out to discredit?
I remember too well when SJ decided to post her video on Vimeo, Mojo made short clips and posted them here immediately. we had a blast!:m
Since I don't follow St kathy of Lidl (never warmed up to her) I wasn't aware she attacked Mojoon her Channel.
Now I must watch it!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It has been a long time since I have posted anything. For a reason. The atmosphere in this forum has changed a lot lately. From being a safe place to express your opinions ...not safe anymore...A lot of hostility lately. So sad. Tattlers have to support each other..Pardon for my poor grammar--Ibam from Norway..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I remember too well when SJ decided to post her video on Vimeo, Mojo made short clips and posted them here immediately. we had a blast!:m
Since I don't follow St kathy of Lidl (never warmed up to her) I wasn't aware she attacked Mojoon her Channel.
Now I must watch it!
Kathy wasn't the Tattler who tried to attack Mojo in this thread!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
where is her travel channel every two weeks or does a fortnight mean something else?
I forgot about that one!!!!
a fortnight even I as Dutchie know what that means! Didn't she mention she had several video's lined up? Or will she start when she is going to egypt?
That channel only has been brought to life so she can claim all her travel expenses. From air ticket, hotel, food, tours taken, ATV's rented, camel rides, and clothes.

I don't think she will post a lot there.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
But imagine, were you at lieLande for Patreon Day, would you purchase one of his photos? Consider the cost - consider also that were you there, with your own camera, even with a phone camera you can probably capture a shot as equally comparable, if not better. Any amateur could. Take the shot, filter it through photoshop, fiddle with the lighting, contast and colour and you've saved yourself a great deal of money.
And frame it with non reflective glass…. Idiot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I watched Chateau de Purnon vlog this morning. While I do not speak French, unfortunately, I got the basic understanding of what they were speaking about. The one thing I noticed, and shockingly, she was wearing shorts and work boots! Proper attire for their renovations. Fanny should take note but won't.
Actually Australians working outside, or on building projects, gardening, in automotive, in agriculture etc etc dress like Madame de Purnon all the time. There's entire speciality Aussie workwear brands dedicated to nothing else and they are massively well regarded. The most popular being RM Williams, Hard Yakka and Blundstone. If everyday Aussies had a uniform, these would be it. I personally would be lost without them.

Reactions: 11
Has her majesty of lazy town got up yet to post our patron video? Or is she having her evening snooze after a hard 5 and a half hr day of doing nothing.Oh well she will be having her well earned holiday soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Has her majesty of lazy town got up yet to post our patron video? Or is she having her evening snooze after a hard 5 and a half hr day of doing nothing.Oh well she will be having her well earned holiday soon.
Or she the mayor of crazy town 😂 I guess if the crown fits wear it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.