The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched a bit of cadeaux. I made it through the part where Percy is stabbing at a package to open it. I cannot be alone in my desire to snatch the knife away from him before he slashes the lot of them. I had to leave when Fanny began reading the instructions for the bleeping fairy lights. I. cannot.

Not to derail: a small update on Kevin <insert weeping> - he left us with the aid of an mobile vet on Friday, September 9, 2022, exactly 7 years to the day after he came to live with me and exactly 7 months after his 22 pound brother died of chronic pancreatitis complicated by congestive heart failure (or was it the other way 'round?). We're so sad to have lost them both so soon. My Ragdoll is deeply depressed.

Small update on the Jeep v. back yard. Approximately $25,000 in property damage (he took out the porch and bulkhead, and, loosened the bricks in the foundation surrounding the bulkhead) and I think I told you that my daughter's car was totaled, as well.

The driver of the Jeep is still OK.

Hope those of you from the UK are holding up after the death of the Queen. @KyBourbon you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother-in-law.
My God...you've had a week. Take care.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was keeping track of it but got a bit busy with life. Let me see:

1 month SA
10 days venice
5 days London
4 days NL musical queen philippa
4 days venice bday doll momma
10 days NL + UK (queen jubilee)
5 days Barcelona
4/8 days Paris (which she mentioned but never showed the designer auction thing and another reason)
5 days farmlingham

if I have missed a holiday please feel free to add
I was going to answer that @Luna20 is the maths expert here regarding SJ's holidays and had been keeping a record up till a month or so ago. Thanks and as always, much appreciated Luna20. So, at least 82 days so far this year, indeed! That virtually equates to almost 3 months - nothing new there then!
Let's also add in 1-2 nights away at other chateau owners' too. M&M birthday celebration springs to mind as being one. Can't remember others but I am certain that there must be more. :rolleyes:

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I wonder how many prints Potts will sell if the /prints/ subpage isn't even linked in the navigation from the main website. Are his customers supposed to just know where the site is?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Something I read here today triggered a question regarding the Patrons' Open Day.
Why the hell wasn't Davy there as the Jardin D'Anglaise is the absolute newest addition to the HMN, isn't it? Alongside the Marquis' apartment panelling. Plus, it is planned that there will be another hugely expensive autumn planting in that area too. I am sure that the Patrons would have appreciated a detailed update, no?
There was obviously a total lack of any kind of footage of that area too in SJ's vlog last Sunday AND, nobody talked about it either.
Yes, I know, SJ hides/manipulates everything but, why no Davy onsite when FRK was there FFS, who, as far as the HMN is concerned, is yesterday's news! And, Davy is still rather somewhat more current? Or, so, we are led to believe?
He could have given tours of that area and his reasoning behind the present/future planting plan choices etc, couldn't he? :unsure:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
For a while there, I had appointed myself the self-proclaimed watcher of subscription growth between the Fluries and SJ.
Well...I've been slacking.
As of this month, Le Fleur is at a whopping 317k
While La Lande has increased to 205k

It seems the Fluries grow about six thousand subs a month, while SJ's growth is estimated to be around two thousand.

If I could also be so bold as to add: Narcissist behavior is not only found within our families and with a particular Chateau owner but also with people posting here. Nac's are everywhere. The grandiose feelings of self-importance can really show themselves within an anonymous forum and satisfy a need to be admired.
It's easy to spot them...they react quite savagely to criticism.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
@Clara Burnett
Am really intrigued why you have become a patron? Assuming lowest level, of course! Was it just to keep an eagle eye on SJ or do you have an ulterior motive in mind? A simple yes or no answer would suffice please because if you have plans, I presume you wish to keep them under cover, unlike the one who should not now be named, may have blown their cover by sharing the details. Who really knows? LOL!
Hope I am not repeating anyone here, but you asked the other day about how to copy YT vids here, specifically the Patreon vlogs. I asked the same question a few months ago about inserting here. A very kind member gave me the following instructions.
Hit the "share"button option under the video itself, which brings up the page's title, click copy and you can then paste that into your post here on TL. ;)
I think it's more valid that way. My accountants can request everything on my behalf.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just watched a bit of cadeaux. I made it through the part where Percy is stabbing at a package to open it. I cannot be alone in my desire to snatch the knife away from him before he slashes the lot of them. I had to leave when Fanny began reading the instructions for the bleeping fairy lights. I. cannot.

Not to derail: a small update on Kevin <insert weeping> - he left us with the aid of an mobile vet on Friday, September 9, 2022, exactly 7 years to the day after he came to live with me and exactly 7 months after his 22 pound brother died of chronic pancreatitis complicated by congestive heart failure (or was it the other way 'round?). We're so sad to have lost them both so soon. My Ragdoll is deeply depressed.

Small update on the Jeep v. back yard. Approximately $25,000 in property damage (he took out the porch and bulkhead, and, loosened the bricks in the foundation surrounding the bulkhead) and I think I told you that my daughter's car was totaled, as well.

Hope those of you from the UK are holding up after the death of the Queen.
So extremely sorry to hear your latest news. People and, sometimes, more especially, pets are the mainstay in our lives, more so when our children have fled the nest.
I feel your sorrow but also frustration in having to deal with all the insurance details (been there, done that myself when a huge American racing car was being "wrongly" test driven in my residential road, totally went out of control, missed my house by a couple inches where both my son and I were sitting/working at the time and ended upside down in my long established, high conifer back garden hedge knocking down a couple of telegraph poles and my boundary walls in the process too. Took me absolutely months and a lot of hard work to deal with the insurance company and rectify something which was caused by someone else, so don't envy you.
BUT, like you too, am 100% glad to hear that no-one in your family was physically hurt, as was exactly the case for me and my son. Thank God! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have a dumb question:
When a message pops up within our notification bell "There may be more posts after this" with a name attached to it, what does that mean exactly?

Hope those of you from the UK are holding up after the death of the Queen. @KyBourbon you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother-in-law.
So sorry it's never an easy thing especially when they're so young. Hope the damage all gets sorted soon. x

• Heart
Tourisme derail. Please scroll by if you're not interested...

This is going out to @Alice Strictknickers and @billybudd , if you're interested - my food market recommendations.

I always direct visitors to Les Halles de Narbonne. It's open 365 days a year from 7am to 2pm. A must visit for any foodie. If it's edible you'll find it there. Thursday and Sunday are Narbonne market days and the alternative stalls (clothing, housewares and general crap etc.,) are spread out around the barques outside of Les Halles de Narbonne. Inside the Halles are bars and brasseries and they are very, very popular. Chez Bebelle is a local character, ex French rugby man if you can get a seat grab it. Just opposite the Halles he now has a restaurant. Narbonne is a roman town with lots of roman artifacts and a new museum. The cathedral and the Palais de Archevêques was the seat of the archbishops of Milan. Narbonne is not a huge town, pop. under 60k, but it has a good feel and a Mediterranean vibe. The local sweet pastry is La Narbonnaise.

Moving out to the coast from Narbonne is Gruissan. This was the opening to the roman port but there is not much evidence of that now. The old village is built in the circulade, between etang and sea. They fish eels in the short autumn season from the etang and tielles (little cockle/scallops) from the sea in the spring and there is a small fish market, open daily, on the fisherman's quay. There is also a fisherman's "village" where you can buy direct early mornings. On the way to the fisherman's village is the salins, salt pans, where you can take a guided visit, visit the museum and buy sea salt direct. There is a restaurant too. Oysters are farmed at Gruissan too and the farm shop and restaurant is La Pearle Gruissanaise at Narbonne plage. There is also a micro brewery at Gruissan plage. Gruissan plage is probably best known by the French for the cult film 37,2° Le Matin by Jean-Jacques Beineix. It's stilt houses are iconic. There is also a port plaisance at Gruissan with bars and restaurants. Between Narbonne and Gruissan is an area called La Clape. There are excellent wine domaines growing their vines on the limestone escarpment.

I know you said you've been to Carcassonne but the market in the centre of the Bastide town, place Carnot (gorgeous marble fountain dedicated to neptune and lots of bars too) is well worth a visit. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning. Then just a few steps from there is the covered food Halles. Turn left at the top rh of place Carnot passing Fromagerie Bousquet, absolutely excellent, then right into rue de Verdun. In front of you on one corner is La Ferme, a gourmande experience of a shop, and on the other corner a very good boulangerie. Continue a few steps along rue de Verdun and the entrance to the covered Halles is on your left. If you have never walked around Carcassonne new town, the Bastide St Louis (13thC so not new at all), it's well worth it. Lots of places to eat in hidden side streets. Cassoulet, of course is the dish of Carcassonne and lots of duck.

My last, but not least, market choice would be Revel. Not strictly in the Languedoc but what's a border between friends! Between Toulouse and Castelnaudary in the heart of haricot bean and Saucisse de Toulouse country. Cassoulet prevails and hearty stews in winter. Head in to the centre of the old town and you'll find the market square. Saturday morning only. Lots of small, local producers. Gorgeous succulent and vibrant fresh fruit and vegetables and livestock still on the hoof, if you get my drift.

So, there you are. In the words of Julia Child's - Bon appetit!

Apologies for the derail to those not interested...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Something I read here today triggered a question regarding the Patrons' Open Day.
Why the hell wasn't Davy there as the Jardin D'Anglaise is the absolute newest addition to the HMN, isn't it? Alongside the Marquis' apartment panelling. Plus, it is planned that there will be another hugely expensive autumn planting in that area too. I am sure that the Patrons would have appreciated a detailed update, no?
There was obviously a total lack of any kind of footage of that area too in SJ's vlog last Sunday AND, nobody talked about it either.
Yes, I know, SJ hides/manipulates everything but, why no Davy onsite when FRK was there FFS, who, as far as the HMN is concerned, is yesterday's news! And, Davy is still rather somewhat more current? Or, so, we are led to believe?
He could have given tours of that area and his reasoning behind the present/future planting plan choices etc, couldn't he? :unsure:
🎯
I asked the same question, Saturday, 9/10/22.
My post, 👇

Brenda Gibbons is on one.
My question, where was Davy, during Patron Days???

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She is to literature what Pots is to photography.
Wasn't she a ghost writer.. meaning writing for other people and not spooky story teller? I actually read her book which was so memorable I can't even recall what it was called. Older woman, younger man in vineyard story.. I really can't remember the details. Yawn fest 😴

Na, just a moron would pay 250 for just the print. You will also get the holographic sticker on the back. This surely justifies the price, doesn't it? :p
Maybe vista print have a holographic sale on ?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.