The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we have discussed this but how many weeks in total has Fanny been away from the Chateau holidaying this year to date?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I always wondered why Stephanie hadn’t announced the break-up of Potty and Ruthie. She’s announced everyone else’s relationship dramas.
Oh because she likes to keep “her” love life private. 😈. With Ruth gone, now she can work her tentacles back into Potty. I think she prefer no one knows for now.

Reactions: 18
There was no Ruthie book signing because there's clearly no more Ruthie. That ended months ago, although I'm pretty confident that by stating this here, we will soon see her reappear as if nothing was ever broken. I hope not, but that's just me. I never liked the little writing opportunistic Ruthie much and have been on the good-ridden's side of the drama for quite some time.
Funny how Potts only really tips up whenever there is a party in the pipeline or attempting to flog his OTT priced, nothing special photos! I don't think I have ever seen him do any real work at the HMN, much like SJ.
Just wondering Clara, are any of the inhabitants, permanent or otherwise, of the HMN actually in any way "nice" people in real life? I certainly know that the list won't be long because any sane person would wish to disassociate from the crazy vlogging circus asap. And, obviously, most of them are only there for their own media exposure.
The only people I have ever felt that I could spend time with is Maria, Kirsty and Nick at a pinch because I can't always understand him - but at least they are somewhat interesting!
Any news on Nic? Him and the whole family haven't been seen there together since Christmas, very unusual compared to previous years. :unsure:

Reactions: 8
Na, just a moron would pay 250 for just the print. You will also get the holographic sticker on the back. This surely justifies the price, doesn't it? :p
Oh god. It's not a hologram of Stephanmememe-fraudie or fillup ginger pubes is it!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Oh god. It's not a hologram of Stephanmememe-fraudie or fillup ginger pubes is it!
How do these people put such high value on themselves. If the Potts Prince of Proxy Grifting manages to sell 100 prints that is 25,000 Euros I truly hope none of the patrons fall for this rip off, they could just download an image off the net and frame it. Do they have no shame? Do they feel embarrassment but the money is too alluring? Or are they so deluded and live in a bubble of perpetual praise for each other they believe their own hype? I am baffled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Maybe he fell out with IJ? But, I think that the vlog was filmed before patriot day. I saw a pic somewhere of IJ wearing the pearls before the vlog, maybe she wore them over the open days. It's confusing as everything is out of sequence. All since Phillipa took over the media side.
She wore them with the white 'see through' dress on open day.

• Wow
I know we have discussed this but how many weeks in total has Fanny been away from the Chateau holidaying this year to date?
I was keeping track of it but got a bit busy with life. Let me see:

1 month SA
10 days venice
5 days London
4 days NL musical queen philippa
4 days venice bday doll momma
10 days NL + UK (queen jubilee)
5 days Barcelona
4/8 days Paris (which she mentioned but never showed the designer auction thing and another reason)
5 days farmlingham

if I have missed a holiday please feel free to add

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
@Clara Burnett, what’s going on with Stephanie & Philip’s engagement? When did it happen? Any plans for announcing it (for content & presents & chapel guilting)? Does Steph still want to get rid of Philip?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I always thought it odd that when making carrot and turnip (UK Sunday and Christmas dinner fave) that I prefer a Swede to an actual turnip. I think they're much more flavoursome and feel a little cheated when I have to use a turnip... any way thats probably the most you'll get from me with regard to food and culinery skills. :m
I too prefer the carrot and swede mix, although hate turnip as in the UK, they are 2 very different veg.
Decades ago I was on my very first o/s package girly holiday on a very well-known Spanish island. Got talking to a gorgeous, tall blond guy who spoke perfect English but with a strong accent that I didn't recognise. When I asked him where he was from, he actually said, "I am a Swede, not a turnip". Made me :LOL: instantly!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just watched a bit of cadeaux. I made it through the part where Percy is stabbing at a package to open it. I cannot be alone in my desire to snatch the knife away from him before he slashes the lot of them. I had to leave when Fanny began reading the instructions for the bleeping fairy lights. I. cannot.

Not to derail: a small update on Kevin <insert weeping> - he left us with the aid of an mobile vet on Friday, September 9, 2022, exactly 7 years to the day after he came to live with me and exactly 7 months after his 22 pound brother died of chronic pancreatitis complicated by congestive heart failure (or was it the other way 'round?). We're so sad to have lost them both so soon. My Ragdoll is deeply depressed.

Small update on the Jeep v. back yard. Approximately $25,000 in property damage (he took out the porch and bulkhead, and, loosened the bricks in the foundation surrounding the bulkhead) and I think I told you that my daughter's car was totaled, as well.

The driver of the Jeep is still OK.

Hope those of you from the UK are holding up after the death of the Queen. @KyBourbon you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother-in-law.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
All this talk of food has got me craving carrot risotto. I remember that being very cheesy.,😋🥣
I had some excellent risotto in a town called Novara in Piedmont, Italy. This is rice country. The town is surrounded by paddy fields as far as the eye can see and the mosquitoes are the size of Jumbo jets! Novara is not on the tourist trail but it should be. It has a Bourse which has been in existence since medieval times and is still working today, so the centre of town is ancient. A lovely cathedral with a beautiful cuppola and parts of the old town walls still in tact that have been grassed and you can stroll along.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

1 month SA
10 days venice
5 days London
5 days Barcelona
4/8 days Paris (which she mentioned but never showed the designer auction thing and another reason)
5 days farmlingham

Thank you so that is around 82 days, blimey I wish I worked as hard as her

• Haha
Just watched a bit of cadeaux. I made it through the part where Percy is stabbing at a package to open it. I cannot be alone in my desire to snatch the knife away from him before he slashes the lot of them. I had to leave when Fanny began reading the instructions for the bleeping fairy lights. I. cannot.

Not to derail: a small update on Kevin <insert weeping> - he left us with the aid of an mobile vet on Friday, September 9, 2022, exactly 7 years to the day after he came to live with me and exactly 7 months after his 22 pound brother died of chronic pancreatitis complicated by congestive heart failure (or was it the other way 'round?). We're so sad to have lost them both so soon. My Ragdoll is deeply depressed.

Small update on the Jeep v. back yard. Approximately $25,000 in property damage (he took out the porch and bulkhead, and, loosened the bricks in the foundation surrounding the bulkhead) and I think I told you that my daughter's car was totaled, as well.

The driver of the Jeep is still OK.

Hope those of you from the UK are holding up after the death of the Queen. @KyBourbon you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother-in-law.
@Darling Life, I’m so sorry to hear about Kevin. Losing a pet is the worst. ❤

I hope everything goes smoothly with the insurance companies that you have to deal with to get your house back to normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I once made the mistake of accompanying a friend on a literary walking tour of James Joyce's Dublin. I've never been a fan of Joyce, and am now less so after a yawning, blister filled, dull as dishwater walking tour. Happily the tour included many pubs, the only redeeming feature! A similar tour, featuring Oscar Widle was one I thoroughly enjoyed in Dublin, and it included even more pubs! It was hysterical and I loved every moment. Kudos to you for making lamb stew! It's a recipe I always manage to screw up, despite living in Northern Ireland. My husband tells me it is because every county, and every region, and every grandparent in every village, has their own version, so there's never a consensus of what actually goes in it.

The French excel at simple and rustic, and this is often the very food that proves to be the most sublime! Forget Paris and it's fancy restaurants. Yet this is the type of hearty food that is almost never served at lieLande. Every recipe there must be over the top (except when FRK was cooking). Even the more simplistic recipes, such as pizza, and while not French, are always over the top extravaganzas that would have any chef from Naples crying into his apron.

(Incidentally, the worst French onion soup I ever had was at a top restaurant in France. The best French onion soup I ever had was at a street cafe in Japan. Coincidentally, the worst pizza I ever had was in Italy, in Naples, the home of pizza. By contrast, the best pizza I ever had was at a restaurant in Tokyo. Conclusion - eat Japanese prepared foods). 😋
I believe the village where I live now has a Japanese baker in one of the boulangerie. The french baker/owner lived and worked in Japan for many years and ran a bakery/restaurant school there. Unfortunately I'm not all the taken with his bread so don't go there often but his viennoiserie are excellent and innovative.

effete • \ih-FEET\ • adjective. 1 : no longer fertile 2 a : having lost character, vitality, or strength b : marked by weakness or decadence c : soft or delicate from or as if from a pampered existence 3 : having feminine qualities untypical of a man : not manly in appearance or manner.
https://www.merriam-webster.com › ...
Effete Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Would I be unfair in describing the males that SJ surrounds herself as being effete? I think SJ never recovered from reading and watching Brideshead Revisited. I think that in what she pleases to call her mind, Phillipa is some sort of Sebastian Flyte figure, hence the squirrel fetish being reminiscent of Sebastian's teddy bear. It would also account for her sense of grandiosity... What was the new channel called, The grand Tour? Some might call it flights of fancy. Others, less kind, might think that she is 'aping her betters'. As are they all in that ghastly place of which I am now a proud patron.
The noose closes.
Am really intrigued why you have become a patron? Assuming lowest level, of course! Was it just to keep an eagle eye on SJ or do you have an ulterior motive in mind? A simple yes or no answer would suffice please because if you have plans, I presume you wish to keep them under cover, unlike the one who should not now be named, may have blown their cover by sharing the details. Who really knows? LOL!
Hope I am not repeating anyone here, but you asked the other day about how to copy YT vids here, specifically the Patreon vlogs. I asked the same question a few months ago about inserting here. A very kind member gave me the following instructions.
Hit the "share"button option under the video itself, which brings up the page's title, click copy and you can then paste that into your post here on TL. ;)

Derail: Saw Sting in concert last night with his son Joe Sumner as opening act. I see where he is on tour in Europe and Scandinavia & other parts end of September, October etc. If you haven’t seen him & have the chance it was awesome.
We had not been to any concert or event since March 2020. It was nice to be out and about even with trepidation.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

1 month SA
10 days venice
5 days London
5 days Barcelona
5 days farmlingham

Wasn't there also an holiday in Greece with Nick?

Reactions: 20
Because it's a puzzle for Fanny like a where's Wally. I hope its a penis but Clara probably has more class than me.

View attachment 1576816
When my son was little I used to buy him comics. French comics are brilliant for kids, informative, fun, crafty etc. There was always a centre fold cartoon in the genre of where's wally with a list of things to find in the picture. This being France there was ALWAYS a pissing dog and a dog turd but they were never in the list of things to find 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.