The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband, who was in the Navy, said that one of the things they learned at boot camp was that the secret to keeping yourself in order was the proper balance of cheese and coffee. 🤣
Looking at my Cuisine Berrichonne cookbook, there's plenty of luscious cheese made locally, as goat man attests. And a wide variety of fruit and vegetables and grain grown locally in the heart of France.
Plenty of poultry, including guinea fowl, duck. Tons of fish -- eel, carp, zander (pikeperch), herring, cod, trout. Salades galore.
Veg dishes listed:
red cabbage braised with apples
tomato, zucchini, spinach, cheese "crumble"
curried pumpkin, hazelnut "crumble"
green cabbage a la Berrichonne -- Berry-style garnish - Classic cuisine (that of Antonin CAREME and ESCOFFIER) has baptized a Berry-style garnish. It consists of balls of braised cabbage, small onions, chestnuts and slices of bacon
barley gratin
lentils, lardons, in red wine
peas cooked with lettuce
braised squash
quince puree
This site, in French, gives a good idea of the abundance of local food in the Berry available at the farmers' markets to those who rise before noon.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I totally agree with you in what you have stated.
I personally feel that some past members, or people who have personally chosen to disconnect from Tattle Life of their own accord, were not happy in accepting the Moderators' statement/suggestions/restrictions/guidelines etc. As far as I am aware - it is a "yes" or "no" answer situation.
It has absolutely nothing to do with being banned = simply if you don't accept the forum's guidelines - then, it is your choice!
As to Kathy in France's vlogs. She initially stated that any income she earned from her YT channel would be donated to a local charity/ies simply because she and her husband don't need the money.
Well, now it appears when she is maybe earning an income, (I honestly don't really know), she is going to donate 7/8 trees a month to a local area = these trees cost peanuts as they are "whips", in effect, 50p each. Whatever happened to the other local charities?
Unfortunately, and I am sad to say, SJ's original promises springs to my mind here!
But, at the same time, she is now personally openly stating within her vlogs, that she and her husband have always been "very poor". :unsure:
Just doesn't ring true or, make sense to me.
So why didn't you speak up and question her when she was here? I can't abide people who tit talk about anyone as soon as they leave the table...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I was going to wait until the current CDIY series was over before I post this but due to what happened here recently & @Just Grift Wood posts about Ch4 & the press I decided to post this now.

Within the last 3 months I have contacted Ch4 about their chateau DIY show (after they showed Gerry's apartment) I sent emails to those directly in charge of the show (not CEO) & also sent the online programme complaints form BUT my complaint was about the production company because they are fully responsible for the show.

1. The production companies (& producers) use Ch4 to promote e-begging & e-beggars. It may be legal but they are not good examples for a national TV company & it sends the wrong message to viewers at home because some of these people buy properties they can't afford to maintain.
2. The show is misleading sometimes because the production company gives the impression that some of the participants of the show get the money for projects from their B&B & wedding busineses which is not the case for some of them. The producers don't include that narrative on the show. The show invites viewers to watch how some of the participants are struggling to restore their homes but the truth is, it s some of the viewers restoring these homes. This narrative is left out of the show by the production company. This is is therefore misleading the viewers.

It is the responsibility of the production company to know that what is tolerated online may not be acceptable on national TV because it will affect the TV company. For example Ch4's name is always associated with their shows not the production company even though they are fully responsible for the show.

Do channel 4 have a clue? I don't think so because misleading the viewers is against their rules & it would be hypocritical of TV companies to promote those who use crowdfunding to maintain their lifestyle because they show other programmes of people struggling in different ways to financially maintain their lifestyle & their financial advice shows have never recommended e-begging.

Channel 4 boasts of high moral or ethical standards & values on their website & the production company of chateau DIY boasts about making efforts to protect the environment (on their website) - recycling bins, water refills, re-usable bottles, low energy bulbs, rechargeable batteries etc but they promote someone who encourages people to send her gifts using a lot of packaging & postage. Based on Ch4's ethical & moral values & what the production company included on their website, that gift channel disqualifies the owner from being on TV because apart from promoting waste in packaging & high postage, it promotes & encourages greed.

Production companies are to blame because they know the rules. There was a couple mentioned here (they own a chateau) who announced they were on a Ch4 show (not CDIY & different production company). They have (GFM, patreon & BMC) & Ch4 used this couple as the profile picture for the show on their website. Julie Montagu is on TV as a royal reporter she has 3 patreon accounts, I don't think her employers know about this.

Picture 1 & 2 is Ch4 statements. Picture 3 is the production company statement.

TV & production companies may not respond but here's a story of what happened few years ago in UK about how someone tried to mislead viewers on a show. It shows how deceitful production companies are until they are caught.

It's about a Real Housewives show from UK, the husband tried to communicate with the TV & production company, they refused to listen so he went to the press & then they panicked because they knew they were wrong. The Real Housewives show is mainly about a rich lifestyle. There was an article in the press about one of the castmates having a fake storyline for the show. The production company panicked & had to record extra scenes of her telling the truth about her fake storyline. The press released the story just before the show was due to air. Google RHOC's Ester Dee in 'secret husband' scandal Daily Mail Online or Secret husband of newest Real Housewives of Cheshire star Ester Dee hits out at sick show.

If anyone read about this story & wants to know what happened after, she sorted out her relationships to stay on the show then broke up with the fiance, divorced her husband 2 years later, was on the show for 3 years & is currently engaged to someone in Spain.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I wouldn't give Kathy too much credit. She's a nobody that likes to use others to get attention. Riding off coattails. If she was in Stephanies position who knows if she would be any better.
She's a nobody? Implying SJ is a somebody? How condescending. It seems to me that you are possibly one of the SJ defenders or someone who has picked up on comments that have been made on Kathys Flog in the past regarding her using CD as click bait. I don't believe for 1 second you can make a comparison between the two. Kathy says it as it is, whether its liked or not. There's no show about her. If she says her you tube income is going to charity or tree planting it if she wants to buy a sheep 🐑 friend for Ida she can do. We're not talking thousands here. She says what's on her mind at the time, if she wants to rant she does if she wants to feed the chickens she does. She even slags her neighbour of for parking on her side of the shared drive. That's what she does. I've no idea what is truth or lies with SJ she's spun so many its like watching through fog.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Sorry I didn't think I was attacking anyone. Cathy is a relative nobody who clearly likes using this site to get views and attention. She's in a very different position of Stephanie. I've been reading here for quite a while.
Welcome to tattle as a newbie you will be given a thorough going over it is the norm. I really like Kathy and her flog, I think she is a genuine no nonsense lady who is funny speaks her mind and not attention seeking at all -she just has musings and I like her a lot and don't think she is a grifter either. I don't know what makes someone a "somebody" in your mind but I certainly don't think Fanny is somebody, she is amoral I also don't think Kathy is a nobody she is a woman who has lived a life.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She's a nobody? Implying SJ is a somebody? How condescending. It seems to me that you are possibly one of the SJ defenders or someone who has picked up on comments that have been made on Kathys Flog in the past regarding her using CD as click bait. I don't believe for 1 second you can make a comparison between the two. Kathy says it as it is, whether its liked or not. There's no show about her. If she says her you tube income is going to charity or tree planting it if she wants to buy a sheep 🐑 friend for Ida she can do. We're not talking thousands here. She says what's on her mind at the time, if she wants to rant she does if she wants to feed the chickens she does. She even slags her neighbour of for parking on her side of the shared drive. That's what she does. I've no idea what is truth or lies with SJ she's spun so many its like watching through fog.
Indeed...just another flying monkey who tries to stir up the pot...inhere.....I would like to say to him or her...go sit on Fannies throne...maybe your tit is flushing away...when your lucky...when the pipes are not blocked...and maybe there is water to wash your hands afterwards.. 🙄 your entree inhere is not appreciated.....come in ... and try again...

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I was going to wait until the current CDIY series was over before I post this but due to what happened here recently & @Just Grift Wood posts about Ch4 & the press I decided to post this now.

Within the last 3 months I have contacted Ch4 about their chateau DIY show (after they showed Gerry's apartment) I sent emails to those directly in charge of the show (not CEO) & also sent the online programme complaints form BUT my complaint was about the production company because they are fully responsible for the show.

1. The production companies (& producers) use Ch4 to promote e-begging & e-beggars. It may be legal but they are not good examples for a national TV company & it sends the wrong message to viewers at home because some of these people buy properties they can't afford to maintain.
2. The show is misleading sometimes because the production company gives the impression that some of the participants of the show get the money for projects from their B&B & wedding busineses which is not the case for some of them. The producers don't include that narrative on the show. The show invites viewers to watch how some of the participants are struggling to restore their homes but the truth is, it s some of the viewers restoring these homes. This narrative is left out of the show by the production company. This is is therefore misleading the viewers.

It is the responsibility of the production company to know that what is tolerated online may not be acceptable on national TV because it will affect the TV company. For example Ch4's name is always associated with their shows not the production company even though they are fully responsible for the show.

Do channel 4 have a clue? I don't think so because misleading the viewers is against their rules & it would be hypocritical of TV companies to promote those who use crowdfunding to maintain their lifestyle because they show other programmes of people struggling in different ways to financially maintain their lifestyle & their financial advice shows have never recommended e-begging.

Channel 4 boasts of high moral or ethical standards & values on their website & the production company of chateau DIY boasts about making efforts to protect the environment (on their website) - recycling bins, water refills, re-usable bottles, low energy bulbs, rechargeable batteries etc but they promote someone who encourages people to send her gifts using a lot of packaging & postage. Based on Ch4's ethical & moral values & what the production company included on their website, that gift channel disqualifies the owner from being on TV because apart from promoting waste in packaging & high postage, it promotes & encourages greed.

Production companies are to blame because they know the rules. There was a couple mentioned here (they own a chateau) who announced they were on a Ch4 show (not CDIY & different production company). They have (GFM, patreon & BMC) & Ch4 used this couple as the profile picture for the show on their website. Julie Montagu is on TV as a royal reporter she has 3 patreon accounts, I don't think her employers know about this.

TV & production companies may not respond but here's a story of what happened few years ago in UK about how someone tried to mislead viewers on a show. It shows how deceitful production companies are until they are caught.

It's about a Real Housewives show from UK, the husband tried to communicate with the TV & production company, they refused to listen so he went to the press & then they panicked because they knew they were wrong. The Real Housewives show is mainly about a rich lifestyle. There was an article in the press about one of the castmates having a fake storyline for the show. The production company panicked & had to record extra scenes of her telling the truth about her fake storyline. The press released the story just before the show was due to air. Google RHOC's Ester Dee in 'secret husband' scandal Daily Mail Online or Secret husband of newest Real Housewives of Cheshire star Ester Dee hits out at sick show.

If anyone read about this story & wants to know what happened after, she sorted out her relationships to stay on the show then broke up with the fiance, divorced her husband 2 years later, was on the show for 3 years & is currently engaged to someone in Spain.
Please email the CEO with all the above concerns trust me there is power in numbers I really want us all to email her with our concerns

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She's a nobody? Implying SJ is a somebody?
Stephanie has nearly 10000% more subscribers is all I meant. No offense intended but someone with 2k subscribers is a nobody compared to someone with over 200k. Anyway consider me hounded off this platform. I have no time for either Stephanie or the smaller accounts that chase for views.
No. Another Tattler shared Kathy's 1st vlog about CDLL and many of us welcomed her into the fold. She's a regular gal sharing her opinion whether it be here or on her vlog. You may not like her or her opinions, but she's definitely not raking in the dough via YT - and if she is making some, at least she's not grifting or e-begging.
Yes I know she's not making any big money as shes a small channel with not many subscribers. People tend to change once they become a larger channel. Stephanie was not always as ghastly and money grabbing as she is today.

Anyway I can see my view is not welcomed here.

Reactions: 5
Well dear TattleFriends ……… just been watching todays episode of Chateau DIY on catch up ….& look what delights we have awaiting us at some point in the upcoming series …………🙀
Well, now we know what happens when the lights go down at LaLande!🤢😖

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
@Just Grift Wood said:
Please email the CEO with all the above concerns trust me there is power in numbers I really want us all to email her with our concerns.

No I've done enough, I don't want to spam them, my aim was just to inform them about the production company & I don't think the CEO is responsible for such complaints. They said if you send messages to the wrong department they won't act on it. I think the best way is the online form where each episode can be reported. The fault is with production companies who know the rules & are fully responsible for the show, they need to be strict.

Reactions: 9
Stephanie has nearly 10000% more subscribers is all I meant. No offense intended but someone with 2k subscribers is a nobody compared to someone with over 200k. Anyway consider me hounded off this platform. I have no time for either Stephanie or the smaller accounts that chase for views.

Yes I know she's not making any big money as shes a small channel with not many subscribers. People tend to change once they become a larger channel. Stephanie was not always as ghastly and money grabbing as she is today.

Anyway I can see my view is not welcomed here.
any view is welcomed here...its just the way you put it ...when you come in for the first time.... my dear...btw i disagree with you...no woman off class would let her friends and her parents pay for her lifestyle....most people get their hands out of thier sleeves...and work to pay for the lifestyle they want...Fanny Flash was always a grifter and a taker...oh pitty me...so poor...i cant buy food....yeah right:mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and support. My mother-in-law was a special person, smiling, and loved to laugh. I’ve always enjoyed the wit and humor on Tattle…I think I’m ready to start laughing again, too. ❤
Sounds like she was a wonderful person, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm so glad you both felt her love, take care of yourself and your partner.
Remember her with a smile on your face, that is the best tribute.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Looking at my Cuisine Berrichonne cookbook, there's plenty of luscious cheese made locally, as goat man attests. And a wide variety of fruit and vegetables and grain grown locally in the heart of France.
Plenty of poultry, including guinea fowl, duck. Tons of fish -- eel, carp, zander (pikeperch), herring, cod, trout. Salades galore.
Veg dishes listed:
red cabbage braised with apples
tomato, zucchini, spinach, cheese "crumble"
curried pumpkin, hazelnut "crumble"
green cabbage a la Berrichonne -- Berry-style garnish - Classic cuisine (that of Antonin CAREME and ESCOFFIER) has baptized a Berry-style garnish. It consists of balls of braised cabbage, small onions, chestnuts and slices of bacon
barley gratin
lentils, lardons, in red wine
peas cooked with lettuce
braised squash
quince puree
This site, in French, gives a good idea of the abundance of local food in the Berry available at the farmers' markets to those who rise before noon.
Love peas cooked with lettuce a classic and guinea fowl with lentils is also delicious

@Just Grift Wood said:
Please email the CEO with all the above concerns trust me there is power in numbers I really want us all to email her with our concerns.

No I've done enough, I don't want to spam them, my aim was just to inform them about the production company & I don't think the CEO is responsible for such complaints. They said if you send messages to the wrong department they won't act on it. I think the best way is the online form where each episode can be reported. The fault is with production companies who know the rules & are fully responsible for the show, they need to be strict.
In my experience always go straight to the top of any organisation it always works. She is responsible for all departments and the production companies won't care they just make the shows and want to keep churning them out. Trust me the CEO is where it is at.

Reactions: 9

Thank you for this information. Out of curiosity, did you ever receive any response from anyone regarding your concerns?

Reactions: 10
Well we are heading towards a full moon. Apparently according to astrology (which I don’t follow on the regular) emotions run high leading up to the harvest moon. Wherever it is in the zodiac. Working in a hospital setting we were well aware of when there was one as we would experience all sorts of weirdness.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Love peas cooked with lettuce a classic and guinea fowl with lentils is also delicious

In my experience always go straight to the top of any organisation it always works. She is responsible for all departments and the production companies won't care they just make the shows and want to keep churning them out. Trust me the CEO is where it is at.
P.S Everyone it is not spamming someone if you are writing a bespoke email in this case to the CEO (whose email address is not easily available may I add) please some of you give it a whirl, you say you want the grift to end so please try it what have you got to lose?

Reactions: 8
Did anyone else think Amaury sent an "up yours 'cuz" message bringing the dogs back during the Patreon Days?
I wonder why he was not able to get himself a girlfriend when always walking those gorgeous dogs? Though somewhat small still easy on the eyes... 🤔🤔

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I wonder why he was not able to get himself a girlfriend when always walking those gorgeous dogs? Though somewhat small still easy on the eyes... 🤔🤔
I think it’s because whenever Amaury would try to talk to a lovely lady, she could not hear him.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.