The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Multi-task? Stephanie is unable to mono-task.

Reactions: 18

Reactions: 2
dan does. or annelise, who managed it. he said in some past videos that they are closing and this is the last chanse to see videos that were not on his regular site.

Reactions: 5
That's a violent oh hell no from me. Too crowded, too stifling, too overwhelming and mixing animal prints with tartan? No, just no Madame No. You're right of course, Fanny would adore it, stupid cow.
You would absolutely hate my home
I do love how interiors evoke such strong emotions. What some may find overwhelming I find comforting. Most importantly to me though is the connection I feel to the past while here on this earth.

Reactions: 13
The Dutch Scrubber/ Doofus at work again. Brand Killer.

Reactions: 7
Can't watch DIY anymore it infuriates me generally. I do believe Fanny has just committed TV suicide. People used to like the pretty, down to earth woman although some what eccentric in her jeans, cooking, cleaning and having a go. She has started dressing like a matron for this episode (well generally since she got with the grubby pube) and this just came across as utterly grotesque and ill timed. A couple of entitled idiots making up something to do and quaffing Bolly on the terrace at the worlds most boring social gathering ever. The dancing and him putting on her shoe it was her swan song she will not be in the next series if there is one.

Oh yes of course, you must be right. And how lucky it was that she happened to have them with her, seeing as they were caught on the hop so to speak. Otherwise she'd have brought along her Saudi diamonds, good earlobes or not ha ha
You know best then. I don't, and have no interest in Saudi diamonds.

Reactions: 2
drainage channels around chappel? so they would have to dig out the jardin l'anglais

Reactions: 14
you realy think naty woul leave him home alone?

fake books?

Reactions: 6
As much as I generally agree with you, I have to disagree with you on this occasion.
I agree with you regarding SJ and the HMN. Totally boring and 100% cringeworthy. If the production company had any sense, they would axe any kind of future coverage at the HMN. Especially in the light of recent TL communications with C4 on many, far reaching points of concern!
CDIY ongoing with the other "genuine" chateau owners and their integrity, absolutely generally a delight to watch.
BUT, in the longer term, Brits, buying French chateaux will ultimately have had its day and therefore not so interesting, no doubt about it. Well that is how I personally feel but if C4's viewing figures suggest otherwise, who am I question the facts/figures?

Last edited:
At the end of today's vlog Maria did a great job mocking Philip's line from his tour,"this is original to the chateau" as she presented the tiny candlelabra!

Reactions: 21
Call me a pernickety bitch all you like but this...... So LieLande

Quality workmanship as usual. Chunky uneven sealant over the splash back and the tiles aren't even plumb level. WTF is going on in this joint?

Fanny and the crew having laugh with Tattle. Mention of weddings, Pubey serving at table and the candelabra being original to the Chateau. She gets paid $35,000 a month to come up with this clearing out and chicken watching shite. Flogs are just rinse and repeat (wish she would at least rinse her Emmaus polyester nightie I mean she has no problem with laundering the accounts) I am just not even finding this vaguely amusing anymore. A van to take 1/2 a car full of stuff to Emmaus. Please make it stop.

At the end of today's vlog Maria did a great job mocking Philip's line from his tour,"this is original to the chateau" as she presented the tiny candlelabra!
They're not tiles it was very expensive marble

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
You would absolutely hate my home
I do love how interiors evoke such strong emotions. What some may find overwhelming I find comforting. Most importantly to me though is the connection I feel to the past while here on this earth.
You'd probably hate mine as well, or maybe not as our home has vast connections to the past. It's a house with attitude. I'm a minimalist who's moved in with a maximalist.

Reactions: 12
I’ve had days or full weeks of having to be somewhere every few hours, prepared, dressed up, on your best behavior, with people I couldn’t stand to be around. All day and all evening. Found myself drinking too much in the evening just to tolerate it all. I’d stay up way too late just to be alone at the end of the evening, or I’d throw caution to the wind and go carousing with random people. I fully hated every minute of it. I had to do this for years. Not every day, but probably at least 4 or five full weeks per year and many shorted spans of days. I found myself coping two ways. One, drinking too much. Two, putting all my time and effort into my clothes and appearance, because it was the only part of it I enjoyed. I could never do what Elizabeth did. I wouldn’t be able to keep my sanity, and I sure as hell wouldn’t be able to do it for 70 years. Even with a full staff.

Reactions: 22
Meanwhile I find her irritating. She has to leave before it's too late. She is talented but she might end like FRK if she doesn't start making plans for her future.

Reactions: 13
I've followed this guy for years now. He's very entertaining and uses tarot to discuss Harry and Harry's current wife.
I've had a listen and it does sound very likely but OMG when he says near the end Megs is planning to upstage the Queen at her funeral! Wow, you"d have to be seriously sick to want to do that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.