The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nearly peed my pants Go Dan. Haven't watched the grift grab but comments comedy gold from Dan give that man a medal
View attachment 1578457
Martha Izaguirre
1 day ago
Phillip is probably worn out because it seems he never has a day off. Maybe a weekend escape to a health spa would be a great birthday gift to rejuvenate him! View attachment 1578458

7 REPLIES

View attachment 1578459
Vawne James
1 day ago
That sounds like a wonderful present for Phillip he truly compliments Stephanie . They are all hard working at the chateau every one of them They all make my day
Show less

View attachment 1578460
Dan Ellis-Jones
1 day ago
Phillip? Are you kidding? I was working nights at a pub and temping in the day at 25! And at 26 I was working 12hr days. He just potters around a chateau buying stuff. If you notice, any heavy lifting he's nowhere to be seen! And I've never seen him cook or even serve food.
Show less

View attachment 1578461
Pam Graham
11 hours ago
Hmmm. You haven’t watched enough to see him upholstering, decorating, sorting, hauling, editing and cooking. He’s behind the camera a lot of the time recording other people doing things. Stephanie says he’s truly a kind person and I think that really shows in the dozens of hours of videos many of us have watched.
Show less

View attachment 1578462
Dan Ellis-Jones
9 hours ago
@Pam Graham I've watched it for 2 years. I look at him and every time hard work is being done he's nowhere to be seen. It's either Amery or Dan. Just look at the last 2 videos. He's not cooking. He's not lifting. He has a chair in 1 shot. And that's just in the context of LaLande. In the context of the wider world, I knew of no 25yo who was just making videos in a remote chateau, and planting the odd thing. My mates were starting businesses, or working in offices working their way up. It seems the only person who actually works like a normal person is Amery. He's got real talent.
Show less

View attachment 1578463
Zed Blackworth
5 hours ago
@Dan Ellis-Jones also had a massive amount of holidays this year in anyones book

Highlighted reply
View attachment 1578464
Dan Ellis-Jones
5 hours ago (edited)
@Zed Blackworth Yeah, he's had a number of holidays, none of which, from what I can make out, he paid for. The B&B must be going hammer and tongs for the lifestyle they lead! Because the patreon money IS only being used to renovate and decorate!
Read more

View attachment 1578465
Zed Blackworth
5 seconds ago
@Dan Ellis-Jones the B and B is only open 4 months a year and weekends only I believe
An IG post popped up on my feed with 9 pics of Patreon days and a narrative saying what a wonderful day they all had bla blah..I managed to screen shot some of the comments but when I went back to get the images the posting had moved and I can't find it now. However one of the comments caught my attention re Patreon closing? Anyone throw any light on it?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 14
frankly what do they do? It’s not like Fanny and PhiPhi have a real job, and they have minions waiting on them, they don’t make dinner or clean or run daily operations of lieland. They are on permanent vacation paid for by the poor dupes that support her YouTube channel. That ain’t working that’s the way you do it money for nothing get your cheques for free
Appreciate the Mark Knopfler reference 😘 Spot on.

Reactions: 13
effete • \ih-FEET\ • adjective. 1 : no longer fertile 2 a : having lost character, vitality, or strength b : marked by weakness or decadence c : soft or delicate from or as if from a pampered existence 3 : having feminine qualities untypical of a man : not manly in appearance or manner.
https://www.merriam-webster.com › ...
Effete Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Would I be unfair in describing the males that SJ surrounds herself as being effete? I think SJ never recovered from reading and watching Brideshead Revisited. I think that in what she pleases to call her mind, Phillipa is some sort of Sebastian Flyte figure, hence the squirrel fetish being reminiscent of Sebastian's teddy bear. It would also account for her sense of grandiosity... What was the new channel called, The grand Tour? Some might call it flights of fancy. Others, less kind, might think that she is 'aping her betters'. As are they all in that ghastly place of which I am now a proud patron.
The noose closes.
OMG you might be onto something. Sebastian Flyte's teddy bear was called Aloysius. Who else has an animal called Aloysius?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I watched Chateau de Purnon vlog this morning. While I do not speak French, unfortunately, I got the basic understanding of what they were speaking about. The one thing I noticed, and shockingly, she was wearing shorts and work boots! Proper attire for their renovations. Fanny should take note but won't.
I was impressed by her French! At least for my non-native ears it sounded much more natural than Fanny.

Reactions: 8
An IG post popped up on my feed with 9 pics of Patreon days and a narrative saying what a wonderful day they all had bla blah..I managed to screen shot some of the comments but when I went back to get the images the posting had moved and I can't find it now. However one of the comments caught my attention re Patreon closing? Anyone throw any light on it?
Perhaps they were referring to Dan and Annaliese closing theirs soon?

Reactions: 13
I am astounded that this hasn't been picked up by others. Can it be that Tattlers are intimidated by the support. these narcs seem to enjoy from a small clique?

Bravo @Heathcliffe, for speaking out in defence of @Mojo. I expected better of those who have been vocal in their concern. for our loyal Tattler and yet remain silent. in the face of this attempt to besmirch her in her absence.
Accusations that she tried to keep her Patreon membership under wraps were both inaccurate and dishonest as Mojo made no secret of this from very early on. Ask yourselves, if you were going to try to unsettle this thread, which OG Tattler which you set out to discredit?
What have I missed???? Who is besmirching our beloved @MojoDublin ??? How bloody dare they :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hello!
It has been interesting reading the last few days as the conversation derailed. Whatever happened or didn't happen, Fanny succeeded in diverting the conversation away from her. Knowing the people there were lower tiered it makes sense not to have done a public confrontation. The higher tiered patrons are the ones actually staying and spending the money.

Also, the trying to sell other items to people that already support them makes me upset. I had a second job during the holidays that was taking orders (company sold steaks) and then having them sent out as gifts. One of the things we were to do was to upsell. I refused to do it for some. You could tell they were elderly and I told someone once, if I found out that someone on a call was pressuring my grandparents to buy something and they did when they couldn't afford it I would be livid. At the time my grandpa was still living and was a young 100 year old. It's that taking advantage of those that are susceptible to it.

My condolences to all who mourn your Queen. She was something - not only watching history but being front row for it (the people she has met). Being an American it was interesting watching the royals but it was a view of outside looking in. I cannot imagine publicly mourning in the way her family is. For King Charles, all the duties he needs to do to assume the throne. He must be exhausted at the end of each day and wishing his mother was there to help guide him. My mom was 75 when Grandpa died at 102. He died 11 days after my uncle did. He didn't want to outlive any of his kids and sadly he did by 11 days.

The crown will change in the next year and it will be intriguing to watch. Will they release those countries from rule so they become independent.

I thought Dan said in his last video he would be finishing adding the metal works to the arbor or whatever that thing is. Another place they could have had the luncheon. Flowy fabric and lights (which we know they had because they used it for IJ's wedding).

I watched Chateau de Purnon vlog this morning. While I do not speak French, unfortunately, I got the basic understanding of what they were speaking about. The one thing I noticed, and shockingly, she was wearing shorts and work boots! Proper attire for their renovations. Fanny should take note but won't.

Her "bad back" is wearing inappropriate shoes on areas she shouldn't be.

I feel like I had other things to say but have forgotten what they are. Have a wonderful day/evening where ever you are at in the world!
Shorts and work boots rock. I wear shorts and wellies when I tend my sheep, c'est normale. Down in the midi and the deep south we're still hitting those summer temperatures. 30° today and the weather, quite frankly, was pants.

Reactions: 14
OMG you might be onto something. Sebastian Flyte's teddy bear was called Aloysius. Who else has an animal called Aloysius?
We know that Fanny is most definitely a dipsomaniac! Though Sebastian is far more charming that she or Le Pheeph could ever be.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.