The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick question, would someone using VPN be able to run two accounts in Tattle, without being picked up by Mods? Of course "Isabelle" will know the answer to this, won't you?
I do use a VPN but it never occurred to me to try as I’ve only the one email address and haven’t any interest in that sort of subterfuge. I barely have time to keep up as is! However, if you’re genuinely curious you could ask the mods in the support forum. They might not answer or you might get the stink eye from them.😱

Reactions: 8
I do use a VPN but it never occurred to me to try as I’ve only the one email address and haven’t any interest in that sort of subterfuge. I barely have time to keep up as is! However, if you’re genuinely curious you could ask the mods in the support forum. They might not answer or you might get the stink eye from them.😱
Just wondering as people have previously claimed that they wouldn't be discovered if attempts were made to pursue legal action. I assume therefore that they would also be able to run two accounts here simultaneously if they wished.

Reactions: 11
I was invited to a James Joyce dinner and thought I'd bring lamb stew. It cost me nearly $100.
I once made the mistake of accompanying a friend on a literary walking tour of James Joyce's Dublin. I've never been a fan of Joyce, and am now less so after a yawning, blister filled, dull as dishwater walking tour. Happily the tour included many pubs, the only redeeming feature! A similar tour, featuring Oscar Widle was one I thoroughly enjoyed in Dublin, and it included even more pubs! It was hysterical and I loved every moment. Kudos to you for making lamb stew! It's a recipe I always manage to screw up, despite living in Northern Ireland. My husband tells me it is because every county, and every region, and every grandparent in every village, has their own version, so there's never a consensus of what actually goes in it.

The French excel at simple and rustic, and this is often the very food that proves to be the most sublime! Forget Paris and it's fancy restaurants. Yet this is the type of hearty food that is almost never served at lieLande. Every recipe there must be over the top (except when FRK was cooking). Even the more simplistic recipes, such as pizza, and while not French, are always over the top extravaganzas that would have any chef from Naples crying into his apron.

(Incidentally, the worst French onion soup I ever had was at a top restaurant in France. The best French onion soup I ever had was at a street cafe in Japan. Coincidentally, the worst pizza I ever had was in Italy, in Naples, the home of pizza. By contrast, the best pizza I ever had was at a restaurant in Tokyo. Conclusion - eat Japanese prepared foods). 😋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Sadly the Patron money has diminished to £30 000 a month when I looked earlier on this evening. Could this be a trend?
Actually it’s now at $35,000 a new high. Guess patron says led to higher contributions. Wheeeee!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I once made the mistake of accompanying a friend on a literary walking tour of James Joyce's Dublin. I've never been a fan of Joyce, and am now less so after a yawning, blister filled, dull as dishwater walking tour. Happily the tour included many pubs, the only redeeming feature! A similar tour, featuring Oscar Widle was one I thoroughly enjoyed in Dublin, and it included even more pubs! It was hysterical and I loved every moment. Kudos to you for making lamb stew! It's a recipe I always manage to screw up, despite living in Northern Ireland. My husband tells me it is because every county, and every region, and every grandparent in every village, has their own version, so there's never a consensus of what actually goes in it.

The French excel at simple and rustic, and this is often the very food that proves to be the most sublime! Forget Paris and it's fancy restaurants. Yet this is the type of hearty food that is almost never served at lieLande. Every recipe there must be over the top (except when FRK was cooking). Even the more simplistic recipes, such as pizza, and while not French, are always over the top extravaganzas that would have any chef from Naples crying into his apron.

(Incidentally, the worst French onion soup I ever had was at a top restaurant in France. The best French onion soup I ever had was at a street cafe in Japan. Coincidentally, the worst pizza I ever had was in Italy, in Naples, the home of pizza. By contrast, the best pizza I ever had was at a restaurant in Tokyo. Conclusion - eat Japanese prepared foods). 😋
The Japanese are unbelievable cooks. How lucky you are to be have been eating roundeye food in Tokyo!
Caramelizing onions is a pain, but it is the secret of cheap umami. A very successful hole in the wall sammie restaurant where I live has discovered the art of turning a $2 breakfast sandwich into a sublime $7 one by making the kitchen slave stand over the stove for an hour every morning slow cooking onions.
Highly recommended. Why don't I do this?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't understand why Clara won't post a photo of whatever she did to the fancy wallpaper. That would prove he/she attended the Patron Days, wouldn't it? Why not reveal it? It doesn't make sense. ☹

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1576154
Get a load of this, 👇 redirection from Sunday's CD's flog to their website.
Funny, what happened to Andie Wieringa's prints???
I took some creative liberty with the names of Potty's photos. 🤫

View attachment 1576224
The Chateau Diaries
If anyone would like to buy any Lalande prints, please visit
https://www.chateaudelalande.com/prints/

PRINT SALE ENQUIRY
Limited edition prints are available for sale. Photographed by Michael Potts. Each of the 6 prints is a limited edition of 100.
The images are 30 x 45 cm. Printed on Hahnemühle FineArt Pearl paper. Numbered and signed. The images are sold with an individual certificate.

Each print is sold for €250 plus postage.

If you are interested in purchasing one of these images, please fill out the form below, providing your contact details, which image you would like and any preference of an edition number. Michael will get back to you to confirm the purchase.

View attachment 1576139
Rhodes Decay / Stephanie on holidays

View attachment 1576225
New Year's Promise /Promises broken

View attachment 1576140
Saint Joseph /The last piece of chapel

View attachment 1576226
Winter Frost / Everyone at the chateau is freezing

View attachment 1576227
The courtyard reborn / DIY for DIY

View attachment 1576228
Lalande courtyard / Don't look at the façade
Excellent captioning of the Potts Pic Ccllection!

What a ridiculous amount of money for these quasi arty snaps. Cecil Beaton he's not.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I don't understand why Clara won't post a photo of whatever she did to the fancy wallpaper. That would prove he/she attended the Patron Days, wouldn't it? Why not reveal it? It doesn't make sense. ☹
Nothing does in here anymore 😂 It seems this forum has become the paaahfect spot for people who want their 5 min of glorious fame...
Missing the old times!

None of SJ's old entourage was at the patron party. Just relatives, an old boyfriend and a few new 'friends' who, in fact, are or were patrons themselves.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
As one formerly called a flying monkey, I'd like to make a point or two.
@Isabelle6541 always wrote in American English, or else I am not seeing the posts made, as alleged here, from an Isabelle for whom American was not her native written language.
She refers to the state she lives in. As noted, the Lalanders can't tell CT from CO, not to mention CA. She could be salting her posts with red herrings, but, as familiar as I am with the technique, I did not get that smell from her. She was somebody excited by action being taken and wanted to mention it here. I think her statement "fair to Stephanie" was a lay person's paraphrase of the legal ramifications of taking Jarvis on as discussed by the group.
Or it may be a layperson's paraphrase of the reporter's obligation to get Jarvis to comment on every allegation in the story.
In any case it is a very slender reed, and a misquoted one, to build the flying monkey case on. I know I'd certainly be wearing my cup when and if I approached a narc like Stephanie Jarvis on a legally actionable initiative. Which, having participated in a victorious class action suit against a world famous company for sex discrimination, and other litigation around establishing a union at said company, and and and....I think I have some muscle memory of. (By the way, each of the victors in the sex discrimination suit won a reparation of $27.)
I think she is who she said she was. I think perhaps her group was less committed than she to action as she described it here.
I think she was an oversharer of a group which doesn't want to be associated with Tattle, which is the right position for people seeking to do what Isabelle described.
I think it is plausible the reporter in the group, if any, has told her to stop sharing his/her scoops in the low rent district.
I think she may have been reprimanded by the group.
Her indiscretions here may have alerted Jarvis to a planned confrontation that Jarvis somehow finessed -- I have a low regard for Jarvis' intelligence or preparedness, and would rate this a 30% possibility. Were I war gaming this out.
How @MojoDublin knew about the WhatsApp Patreon group we can only surmise -- she had access to the Patreon videos and long disguised that fact here. Concluding she is a Patreon who may have been contacted by the group. Indeed she would be my prime suspect for Isabelle but for the American spelling and syntax. Never baby grrl's strong point.
No flying monkey is trying to divide us. The Lalanders aren't smart enough and cannot sustain a long view subterfuge. Isabelle was real, she perhaps overpromised, we each pinned our particular version of justice on her vision, and it is inevitable, inevitable, given the unrealistic expectations, that they should be disappointed.
Time to be smarter, not dumber.
I Feel Pretty Salty Having To Spell This Out.™
Very well put. I totally agree. In addition Isabelle was pretty pissed off when they drug the chapel restorer out for that bullshit video basically nullifying one of their in-person interviews which was going to be explosive. She very well might have been chastised by the group and asked to remain silent until the article publishes. Further, even though we are hearing a lot of gushy gushy in the comments about patron days, more than likely there are those that hated the food, thought it was a dump, and have come to Jesus. Just like Mojo says, Tattlers don’t Rattle. Just be patient.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1576154
Get a load of this, 👇 redirection from Sunday's CD's flog to their website.
Funny, what happened to Andie Wieringa's prints???
I took some creative liberty with the names of Potty's photos. 🤫

View attachment 1576224
The Chateau Diaries
If anyone would like to buy any Lalande prints, please visit
https://www.chateaudelalande.com/prints/

PRINT SALE ENQUIRY
Limited edition prints are available for sale. Photographed by Michael Potts. Each of the 6 prints is a limited edition of 100.
The images are 30 x 45 cm. Printed on Hahnemühle FineArt Pearl paper. Numbered and signed. The images are sold with an individual certificate.

Each print is sold for €250 plus postage.

If you are interested in purchasing one of these images, please fill out the form below, providing your contact details, which image you would like and any preference of an edition number. Michael will get back to you to confirm the purchase.

View attachment 1576139
Rhodes Decay / Stephanie on holidays

View attachment 1576225
New Year's Promise /Promises broken

View attachment 1576140
Saint Joseph /The last piece of chapel

View attachment 1576226
Winter Frost / Everyone at the chateau is freezing

View attachment 1576227
The courtyard reborn / DIY for DIY

View attachment 1576228
Lalande courtyard / Don't look at the façade
600 photo's at 250/each... 150,000K 😂 🤦‍♀️ In your dreams buddy.

His poor Mum n Dad... What a spectacle..

• Haha
  • Heart
Quick question, would someone using VPN be able to run two accounts in Tattle, without being picked up by Mods? Of course "Isabelle" will know the answer to this, won't you?
Though I’m not Isabelle, the answer is, technically, yes. They could do as many accounts as they want. It’s a lot of work to log out, change server IPs, then log back in as another account. If someone is going to that much trouble, they’ve got other issues. 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I would want to sit at the "witches Table" on those Patreon days Fanny had last week....... oh the gossip !!! :love:
Next Patreon Day - reserve a comfy chair at the witches Table for Pekey! You get a special keepsake lanyard. A gold edged, calligraphic limited edition, numbered and with a hologram, with 24 ct gold findings and a silk lanyard cord. Yours to treasure for ever. No sticky backed scrawled name tags here; we're not cheap or tacky like that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Because it's a puzzle for Fanny like a where's Wally. I hope its a penis but Clara probably has more class than me.

Wheres-Waldo_Google-Maps_Screenshot-1920x1080.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
What would it prove? That there is a graffiti on some wallpaper somewhere that Jarvis may or may not own.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What would it prove? That there is a graffiti on some wallpaper somewhere that Jarvis may or may not own.
Yes. A pic of familiar wallpaper with a bit of background scenery that we can all recognize and agree is at Lalande.
Because it's a puzzle for Fanny like a where's Wally. I hope its a penis but Clara probably has more class than me.
View attachment 1576816
It should be a lil penis. Not a gross penis, but a cute little one with a smiley face, maybe wings.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
It may not prove that she was the one who did the damage, but at least it would prove she was actually there. I really want to believe she's a true insider, but I'm having trouble at the moment.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.