The Chateau Diaries #180 Warning! They are cilantro people! You either love them or hate them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it’s from a vlog I think the pictures came from a trailer for an up and coming episode of Chateau DIY that has not yet been screened. But I could be mistaken.
It seems that there is no end to the idiocy these two will put themselves through. Absolutely none.

Reactions: 11
I've made it with pork and sometimes chicken. Both delicious, but I love the lamb. My husband claims there's a difference between swede and turnip, but I've never noticed - swede has yellow flesh, turnip has white and to me they taste the same. I use new potatoes as they keep their shape and don't disintegrate. I separate a few potatoes to mash to thicken it, but leave the rest intact. I sometimes make this as an alternative to Irish stew, but use Cashel Blue Irish cheese instead of Caerphilly. It's soul food, crossed with comfort food; very warming and filling.
FYI
I just found out that swedes sold in US grocers are usually coated in paraffin wax to preserve freshness (probably not the case in the EU)
So to the US Americans here, wash the wax off your swedes!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I do hope you’re right as that would mean there may yet be some exposure for Fanny fraud and her scheming ways but I can’t see it. I still think that Isabelle was a rouse and led us on for what reason I’m not sure, maybe she just got a kick out of it. Having reread some of her posts more than once she said she would be there asking questions with a phone in Fanny’s face but if we are to believe Clara that never happened. Sorry but imo I think we were conned .
I agree I didn’t believe at the time it’s seemed like role playing to me the kind of thing I would see the chat section of online games where people get carried away, once someone thought I was a lawyer because my role play was a lawyer. I’d be happy to be wrong but I don’t think I am

Reactions: 6
As one formerly called a flying monkey, I'd like to make a point or two.
@Isabelle6541 always wrote in American English, or else I am not seeing the posts made, as alleged here, from an Isabelle for whom American was not her native written language.
She refers to the state she lives in. As noted, the Lalanders can't tell CT from CO, not to mention CA. She could be salting her posts with red herrings, but, as familiar as I am with the technique, I did not get that smell from her. She was somebody excited by action being taken and wanted to mention it here. I think her statement "fair to Stephanie" was a lay person's paraphrase of the legal ramifications of taking Jarvis on as discussed by the group.
Or it may be a layperson's paraphrase of the reporter's obligation to get Jarvis to comment on every allegation in the story.
In any case it is a very slender reed, and a misquoted one, to build the flying monkey case on. I know I'd certainly be wearing my cup when and if I approached a narc like Stephanie Jarvis on a legally actionable initiative. Which, having participated in a victorious class action suit against a world famous company for sex discrimination, and other litigation around establishing a union at said company, and and and....I think I have some muscle memory of. (By the way, each of the victors in the sex discrimination suit won a reparation of $27.)
I think she is who she said she was. I think perhaps her group was less committed than she to action as she described it here.
I think she was an oversharer of a group which doesn't want to be associated with Tattle, which is the right position for people seeking to do what Isabelle described.
I think it is plausible the reporter in the group, if any, has told her to stop sharing his/her scoops in the low rent district.
I think she may have been reprimanded by the group.
Her indiscretions here may have alerted Jarvis to a planned confrontation that Jarvis somehow finessed -- I have a low regard for Jarvis' intelligence or preparedness, and would rate this a 30% possibility. Were I war gaming this out.
How @MojoDublin knew about the WhatsApp Patreon group we can only surmise -- she had access to the Patreon videos and long disguised that fact here. Concluding she is a Patreon who may have been contacted by the group. Indeed she would be my prime suspect for Isabelle but for the American spelling and syntax. Never baby grrl's strong point.
No flying monkey is trying to divide us. The Lalanders aren't smart enough and cannot sustain a long view subterfuge. Isabelle was real, she perhaps overpromised, we each pinned our particular version of justice on her vision, and it is inevitable, inevitable, given the unrealistic expectations, that they should be disappointed.
Time to be smarter, not dumber.
I Feel Pretty Salty Having To Spell This Out.™
I am still on the fence about this. I did notice she wrote "whilst" instead of "while" in one post. Someone mentioned New Orleans and her ears perked up and wanted to know on what street. She appeared a bit overly zealous with her elaborate schemes, especially the coming in armed by attorneys, 6 hidden cameras etc. It all sounds a bit looney tunes to me, but I have an open mind.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
As one formerly called a flying monkey, I'd like to make a point or two.
@Isabelle6541 always wrote in American English, or else I am not seeing the posts made, as alleged here, from an Isabelle for whom American was not her native written language.
She refers to the state she lives in. As noted, the Lalanders can't tell CT from CO, not to mention CA. She could be salting her posts with red herrings, but, as familiar as I am with the technique, I did not get that smell from her. She was somebody excited by action being taken and wanted to mention it here. I think her statement "fair to Stephanie" was a lay person's paraphrase of the legal ramifications of taking Jarvis on as discussed by the group.
Or it may be a layperson's paraphrase of the reporter's obligation to get Jarvis to comment on every allegation in the story.
In any case it is a very slender reed, and a misquoted one, to build the flying monkey case on. I know I'd certainly be wearing my cup when and if I approached a narc like Stephanie Jarvis on a legally actionable initiative. Which, having participated in a victorious class action suit against a world famous company for sex discrimination, and other litigation around establishing a union at said company, and and and....I think I have some muscle memory of. (By the way, each of the victors in the sex discrimination suit won a reparation of $27.)
I think she is who she said she was. I think perhaps her group was less committed than she to action as she described it here.
I think she was an oversharer of a group which doesn't want to be associated with Tattle, which is the right position for people seeking to do what Isabelle described.
I think it is plausible the reporter in the group, if any, has told her to stop sharing his/her scoops in the low rent district.
I think she may have been reprimanded by the group.
Her indiscretions here may have alerted Jarvis to a planned confrontation that Jarvis somehow finessed -- I have a low regard for Jarvis' intelligence or preparedness, and would rate this a 30% possibility. Were I war gaming this out.
How @MojoDublin knew about the WhatsApp Patreon group we can only surmise -- she had access to the Patreon videos and long disguised that fact here. Concluding she is a Patreon who may have been contacted by the group. Indeed she would be my prime suspect for Isabelle but for the American spelling and syntax. Never baby grrl's strong point.
No flying monkey is trying to divide us. The Lalanders aren't smart enough and cannot sustain a long view subterfuge. Isabelle was real, she perhaps overpromised, we each pinned our particular version of justice on her vision, and it is inevitable, inevitable, given the unrealistic expectations, that they should be disappointed.
Time to be smarter, not dumber.
I Feel Pretty Salty Having To Spell This Out.™
This could be why SJ held court in the Salon d'Hiver to chat with attendees. A controlled environment. This could also be why Clara witnessed no confrontation - because it took place behind closed doors.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I also admire family loyalty. I think I can relate to Billy's dilemma on some level. I, too, have a brother that struggles with life. I would do anything to help him. Some of his problems are his own doing, but he suffers from anxiety and depression and has been under the care of a psychiatrist for years. Sometimes we just have to do what we think is right, whether others agree or not. I think Michael does have some mental problems that interfere with him getting on with things. I used to judge him very harshly, but I've changed my mind about him. He really needs his family, I don't think he would do well at all without them.
So, I forced myself to start watching Château Unwrapped from yesterday. Well I think it was yesterday. Anyway, Queen Phillipa out of the Netherlands was unwell and couldn't operate the camera. Too unwell to put the camera on a tripod and shut up during the filming. Methinks it was 'all done in' from the open day, or perhaps IJ didn't want him there in which case she has taste.
I was quite shocked. Some of the gifts are actually quite good. Fresh water pearls from a lady in Germany. Apparently all the females at the château got them, even Gnatti (who was filming). It's fine for people to send gifts if it makes them feel included. However, the public opening of the gifts is tasteless. But it has a more sinister aspect. It encourages well wishers to compete with each other, who can give the nicest gift etc, so it plays on peoples vulnerabilities, in my view.
To me this is looking similar to a cult. I found it so distasteful that I stopped watching after 20mins. While it's unpleasant that they do this, it's not illegal. However. If this is part of the brand and how they behave I'm just wondering what the tax implications will be. Gifts have always been a tricky area where tax is concerned.
I see minefields ahead for all involved in the château.... Yikes!

Yes I'd like to know as well.
Page 3 this thread

Reactions: 5
I've made it with pork and sometimes chicken. Both delicious, but I love the lamb. My husband claims there's a difference between swede and turnip, but I've never noticed - swede has yellow flesh, turnip has white and to me they taste the same. I use new potatoes as they keep their shape and don't disintegrate. I separate a few potatoes to mash to thicken it, but leave the rest intact. I sometimes make this as an alternative to Irish stew, but use Cashel Blue Irish cheese instead of Caerphilly. It's soul food, crossed with comfort food; very warming and filling.
All this talk of food has got me craving carrot risotto. I remember that being very cheesy.,😋🥣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This could be why SJ held court in the Salon d'Hiver to chat with attendees. A controlled environment. This could also be why Clara witnessed no confrontation - because it took place behind closed doors.
Yes. Whoever thought that up is worth paying attention to. Percy? Who was, as I recall, in attendance with IJ. What does Steven Richmond do, would he have any clue as to crowd control/corporate security?

Reactions: 9
I was just going to say the same. I love lamb but man it's too expensive now. Can't remember the last time I bought it! Good beef and horse steak is cheaper.
I was invited to a James Joyce dinner and thought I'd bring lamb stew. It cost me nearly $100.

• Wow
Yes. Whoever thought that up is worth paying attention to. Percy? Who was, as I recall, in attendance with IJ. What does Steven Richmond do, would he have any clue as to crowd control/corporate security?
I recall he worked in the care home....pseudo social worker etc. Not 100%He is another player tho. He was a yachtboy when tatinette fell in love with him . Was it a patron vlog when they were interviewed?

Tattlers don't rattle...

People can talk a good game for a while (or not), and speculation can indeed be entertaining. However, this forum maintains its relevance and continuity (and hopefully remains a pain in SJ's neck) when its contributors can provide one simple thing 👇

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Quick question, would someone using VPN be able to run two accounts in Tattle, without being picked up by Mods? Of course "Isabelle" will know the answer to this, won't you?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Hi everyone, new poster but very, very long time lurker. I tried to make my way here through all of the threads chronologically, but by gods, I have been reading for a year and I wasn't anywhere close. I even witnessed the advent of our own Clara Burnett and all her juicy info.
Because I've had to jump ahead, can anyone explain to me:

1. What happened around Dan's departure from the chateau?
2. What was in his tell all video regarding the break-up?
3. Why is Amaury at the chateau - moving his entire workshop and dogs is no easy task. How come he's with Nutty now?
4. What happened to Selmar and Tatiana? I know the Selmar departure was sour due to Nutty but wasn't Stephanie visiting the Selmar chateau at some point?

I did the check the Wiki but nothing there. Sorry for derailing.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.