The Chateau Diaries #176 The Chronicles of Lieland: The Lyin', The Betch and The Crossdresser's Wardrobe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the last few days of menu discussions have inspired me. As I have a few days off I made a provisions run to get supplies for tabouleh, tzatziki and falafels. Wonderfully moist and crispy falafels. Not the dried up crap HMN serves. I’ll also be making pita from scratch along with hummus and sundried tomato focaccia. I have never had much success making fresh pasta so I got some today from the Italian grocery down the street. Since I have the ingredients I might make some pesto as well. So much for the pre-holiday season weight loss plan!🐷🐷🐷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
You beat me to it! Fanny is all over the place with her choice of clothes. The Zara dress, like many of their dresses, is shapeless, made from cheap fabric, and I'm sure made in a sweatshop in China somewhere. On the other hand, she also wears high end designer clothes. It's a lot like everything in her life, just a big old mishmash mess.

Reactions: 28
So the last few days of menu discussions have inspired me. As I have a few days off I made a provisions run to get supplies for tabouleh, tzatziki and falafels. Wonderfully moist and crispy falafels. Not the dried up crap HMN serves. I’ll also be making pita from scratch along with hummus and sundried tomato focaccia. I have never had much success making fresh pasta so I got some today from the Italian grocery down the street. Since I have the ingredients I might make some pesto as well. So much for the pre-holiday season weight loss plan!🐷🐷🐷
Where and when? Sounds delicious!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
YUM! Can I come over?
You beat me to it! Fanny is all over the place with her choice of clothes. The Zara dress, like many of their dresses, is shapeless, made from cheap fabric, and I'm sure made in a sweatshop in China somewhere. On the other hand, she also wears high end designer clothes. It's a lot like everything in her life, just a big old mishmash mess.
It's the high v. low mentality - great for most people but not for Stefanny.

Instead, she justifies her semi-weekly expenses as VERY frugal or VERY expensive, but nothing in between. This is the sign of an addict, 0% or 100%, nothing in between.

Its either $20 Zara (brocante) or $4,000 + Ardwhore, Pierre Frey, a la Givenchy Provenance, Watts of Westminster etc., without any regard to continuity between the rooms, an overall design scheme, etc. Spend spend spend, no planning!!! (Addict!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
That sounds good! It's fun to be inspired to make food.
I try to make something new or from a totally different culture every two weeks or so. Our closest friends are from Argentina (no....not related to Natti the Bully!) and they moved to Florida in mid-2020 to be closer to home and to get to a climate more like what they were used to (they'd lived here in Maryland for 20 years). I miss my friend's empanadas, so I found a good recipe from America's Test Kitchen and made it the other night. I did it over two days, as the filling took about 2 hours to make and the dough, which I made from scratch, took about 2 hours total, then actually shaping the dough and filling them and cooking them (baked in the oven for 25 minutes) took about an hour and a half total. It was a ton of work and there were a couple of times I thought "Why didn't I just buy the dough already made?" or "why didn't I just buy these suckers already made?", but I'm glad I did it all from scratch. They were fantastic!

Enjoy! Diet can start as soon as you eat this feast you're making!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m ridiculous. I found the yellow dress, should I buy it?
Yes, definitely! Wear it on your vlog. Claim back the cost as a business expense. You know the drill!

Camilla is not wearing any undies…
Cami(no)knickers.

(Huge mistake to wake up just just before 3 and decide to "quickly check" what's going on at the US Open...became gripped by a Brit chap playing the 6th seed. 🇬🇧 won in straight sets and I'm so awake it's pointless even trying to get back to sleep. Thursday will be quite a long day!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Just watched the latest Chateau Love. A few takeaways:
-Stephanie is designing her winter salon “library” after Viv’s tiny powder room.
-When Viv does a project in a bedroom over a bed, a lot less disgustingly messy than S&P, she covers the bed in plastic.
-Thank you Viv.❤

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I’m ridiculous. I found the yellow dress, should I buy it?

Thats funny. After you were talking about it I went and looked too and found it. If you want to use it for one of your videos. Maybe do a spoof. You better get it now. Not much longer and you won't find it in stock anywhere. Its from a few seasons ago. Good luck

I actually have that dress and now I'm embarrassed to wear it.
you know I think I have it too. I'll have to go down and look. To small for me now

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
1662006031553.png

Preparing for the next Halloween.. Winifred (me) and 2 of my 4 daughters ... waiting to see what the 9/30 new Hocus Pocus .. reveals..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Thats funny. After you were talking about it I went and looked too and found it. If you want to use it for one of your videos. Maybe do a spoof. You better get it now. Not much longer and you won't find it in stock anywhere. Its from a few seasons ago. Good luck

you know I think I have it too. I'll have to go down and look. To small for me now
Nope mine is different. Mine buttons all the way down and the sleeves are shorter but its close

Reactions: 3
I missed commenting on the last thread…

Orphan Black is worth the watch. For fans, there is also an official continuation of the story available via podcast: “Orphan Black: the next chapter”. Tatiana reprises… all her roles. 🖤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I missed commenting on the last thread…

Orphan Black is worth the watch. For fans, there is also an official continuation of the story available via podcast: “Orphan Black: the next chapter”. Tatiana reprises… all her roles. 🖤

Say what? WHy did I not hear of this? Thanks for sharing

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.