The Chateau Diaries #171 F the farmhouse, I'm off to see the world, on other people's $. Weee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Jeeves and @KiKiGee … I’ve thought about this for a little while. I have some concerns about maintaining the integrity of the Wiki page. A member with an “agenda,” or someone who is trying to control the conversation, might modify or delete Wiki information. I think the CD Wiki is thorough and very well done, so would hate to see someone wreak havoc on it. I’ve attempted to take a snapshot of the Wiki page (it’s very rudimentary…I just took screen shots). So, in case something happens, there’s a record and it can be recreated. If you (or anyone else) knows a better way to save a copy, I think it would be a good idea.
Blimey what is going on here today?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Blimey what is going on here today?
😆 I used to prepare “Disaster Recovery” plans at work, so I guess I just think “what if?” If there’s a flying monkey with an agenda, just don’t want to lose any Wiki info that’s been accumulated over so much time. ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
@Jeeves and @KiKiGee … I’ve thought about this for a little while. I have some concerns about maintaining the integrity of the Wiki page. A member with an “agenda,” or someone who is trying to control the conversation, might modify or delete Wiki information. I think the CD Wiki is thorough and very well done, so would hate to see someone wreak havoc on it. I’ve attempted to take a snapshot of the Wiki page (it’s very rudimentary…I just took screen shots). So, in case something happens, there’s a record and it can be recreated. If you (or anyone else) knows a better way to save a copy, I think it would be a good idea.
I have never been a fan of the Wiki. I believe that it should only contain generic information that she has shownthrough her vlogs. That can of course include our take on it but IMO should not contain anything that has been uncovered outside of the vlogs. I worry that we have made it far too easy for people other than Tattlers to easily access. The info is in the threads if people want to put the work in - and if they don't, that's their loss.@KiKiGee has great records, along with others keeping their own records.
We all know who to ask in our group if we need a reminder about something.

Clara is uniquely placed to be able to follow her own lines of enquiry and seems to have done really well without any of us muscling in on this particular topic. I think we need to step away until such time as it may or may not become public knowledge.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
She is an appropriator. She has zero respect for others religious beliefs just as she as no respect for other races, ie, the horrendous Indian costume party. It's a wonder she doesn't wear a cross around her neck, genuflect when she goes into a church and cross herself with holy water. It's one of the reasons I find the whole chapel thing a travesty. She wants to play both sides of it. People are allowed to do whatever they want in there, but then she goes on and on about its religious connotations. Didn't she have a Catholic priest in there at one time or another? Isabelle's wedding?

Next we'll be seeing her in a vision of white with her head covered in modesty as she lights a candle to her money god.
they had a mass when old marquis died.

Reactions: 5
As some probably have noticed, I reduced my usual posts. For more than one week I do have a feeling that our integrity has been compromised, little by little by a group of tattlers with the agenda to control/direct/monitor the flow and the topics we talk about.

And the mood certainly changed here too somehow. Some kind of upcoming tension?

i can’t and won’t really point my finger at someone but I must confess that my guts are cramping for some time now.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
😆 I used to prepare “Disaster Recovery” plans at work, so I guess I just think “what if?” If there’s a flying monkey with an agenda, just don’t want to lose any Wiki info that’s been accumulated over so much time. ❤
Everything seems very odd on here today, better to be safe than sorry

• Heart
Reactions: 9
…I have a little offering…ages ago…I was…involved…in…let’s classify them…as audits…
…suggestion…lock this wiki…after due diligence is made as to correct notes and info gathered. …add additional info…on 2nd. Wiki …with addendums noted…lock as it’s written…only allow certain individuals…time stamped and logged in…all noted…and recorded.
…don’t allow users to use any email but their own…no double dipping on ‘friends’ accounts…keeps it clear…and traceable.
..simple…but effective…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have never been a fan of the Wiki. I believe that it should only contain generic information that she has shownthrough her vlogs. That can of course include our take on it but IMO should not contain anything that has been uncovered outside of the vlogs. I worry that we have made it far too easy for people other than Tattlers to easily access. The info is in the threads if people want to put the work in - and if they don't, that's their loss.@KiKiGee has great records, along with others keeping their own records.
We all know who to ask in our group if we need a reminder about something.

Clara is uniquely placed to be able to follow her own lines of enquiry and seems to have done really well without any of us muscling in on this particular topic. I think we need to step away until such time as it may or may not become public knowledge.
I agree…I don’t think suspicions or unconfirmed allegations should be added to the Wiki. I would not support that, and I don’t think that’s happened here. I just want to make sure no one goes out and deletes other information. The Wiki has been really helpful for new members. It definitely helped me get introduced to the nicknames we use, and to the background.

Reactions: 20
As some probably have noticed, I reduced my usual posts. For more than one week I do have a feeling that our integrity has been compromised, little by little by a group of tattlers with the agenda to control/direct/monitor the flow and the topics we talk about.

And the mood certainly changed here too somehow. Some kind of upcoming tension?

i can’t and won’t really point my finger at someone but I must confess that my guts are cramping for some time now.
I had missed you

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm really counting on what I know now to become public knowledge sooner rather than later and would not have said anything if I wasn't. Please don't start speculating about what I haven't said and also take into consideration I have my reasons to voice certain things here to make it easier to connect dots elsewhere because things tend to start moving when discussed by us tattlers. They all read here too, you know.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The wiki has an edit history... I believe all alterations can be checked and viewed...

In regard to the newest kaboom. I will follow the lead of other tartlets and keep mum. Albeit, I'm still shocked.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The wiki has an edit history... I believe all alterations can be checked and viewed...

In regard to the newest kaboom. I will follow the

…good…i would also then suggest…so as to have no doubt as to ‘actual’ identity…and not just email ‘identity’…require codes to whomever is allowed to add/edit prior to changes…sent to their specific email…then deleted…used or not…

…it’s a decent deterrent…as…no one likes being accused of something they didn’t do…halts an agenda…and in addition and most importantly…will give the individual/s selected to add the info to wiki…a layer of protection…as well as tattle…

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.