The Chateau Diaries #171 F the farmhouse, I'm off to see the world, on other people's $. Weee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And why did Steph make the sign of the cross before entering the chapel, considering she says she is non- religious or an atheist.
Narcissists are great mimics.

By making the Sign Of The Cross, she's trying to show that she identifies with Chateau de la Motte's owner (I own a chateau too. It also have a chapel). Hence the copycat behaviour. In these circumstances she will always interject with something along the lines of that 'It's giving me great ideas for laLande'. Ideas that never come to fruition. In trying to identify with a different chateau owner she is, in effect, saying 'I am your social equal'. When the reality is that she's not even in the same stratosphere.

She's just on planet Stephame-me-me - a gas giant about to be sucked into a black hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
My my... Isn't Stefanie Weseau one of the more ardent fans? If she's having the scales fall off her eyes, I wonder how many more will follow...
If she is Fanny should start really thinking on this. Let's face it we were all fans too. At first I just watched for the content, but that was before I realised how much it was making and then the content went South too and you realise it is just all a con. With two new channels content is going to be very tricky for her, how on earth will she fill Thursday and Sunday with just the Chateau, when nothing is happening. One of these days will be dropped, once the travel channel picks up. Really what she wants to do is just travel and party, she obviously has zero interest in the house, because she could have done a lot more over 16 years, even if it meant selling her apartment in London. If you loved the place you would have planted out the court yard yourself years before. She just doesn't care. The garden has been expedient to show some spend and it is somewhere others do all the work.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Maybe it’s a two way attraction and she fancies grinding his stump. Why not. We know she’s not fussy

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I’m puzzled over how she is going to host Christmas is the large sitting room is out of bounds, heating questionable, etc. Her travel vlogs, Advent series - a lot to plan. Will this be the year she travels elsewhere for Christmas?

Reactions: 19
If she is Fanny should start really thinking on this. Let's face it we were all fans too. At first I just watched for the content, but that was before I realised how much it was making and then the content went South too and you realise it is just all a con. With two new channels content is going to be very tricky for her, how on earth will she fill Thursday and Sunday with just the Chateau, when nothing is happening. One of these days will be dropped, once the travel channel picks up. Really what she wants to do is just travel and party, she obviously has zero interest in the house, because she could have done a lot more over 16 years, even if it meant selling her apartment in London. If you loved the place you would have planted out the court yard yourself years before. She just doesn't care. The garden has been expedient to show some spend and it is somewhere others do all the work.
She never uses her own money does she, only patreon. If she stopped buying useless crap and curbed the holidays she could spend that money on restoration of the chateau rather than restoration of the aging Fanny.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sharon
2 hours ago
Thank you for this joyous vlog. Just what I needed to get me out of my state of sadness. I have got to get back to LaLande.

This must be whip lady hoping to get back to shittooville.

He is definitely English but is living in France at the moment. Hopefully living there he will have some French language skills. I haven’t googled tree surgeons in that area so don’t know anything else.
I thought one of the French dwelling tattlers in that area knew him and had some work done by him. Or, am I mistaken? It was when he first appeared at the shitshow, maybe back in late winter early spring.

Reactions: 10
I gave in and watched to see what the Irish gifts were. They were an eclectic mix from Northern ireland, Donegal (NW), Kerry (SW) and Kildare (E).
SJ the Belleek vases didn't have clover on them, they were shamrocks (story goes that St Patrick used it to explain Father, Son and Holy Spirit).
The stone structures on Skellig Michael photo are called beehive huts and were monks dwellings.
With apologies for being off topic, but wasn't Skellig Michael featured in a Star Wars movie?

I've been to Bushmills Distillery in Bushmills about 30 times since coming to NI, only to discover I much prefer scotch (as in Scotland), as opposed to Irish whiskey. I find Irish whiskey to be too sweet, go figure. As a life long lover of all things ceramic, and as a hobby potter myself, I've never yet been to Belleek. I'd love to do a factory tour one day to see the production of the parian ware, but not so much the end product covered in shamrocks. Not a fan. But I'm fascinated by the design of the various vessels and ornamental decor pieces and technique in producing it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve also started 2 new travel channels and an art history channel and 3 new cooking channels and a channel dedicated to renaissance toilets and one where I just talk about starting new channels.
Oh! I thought you’d have a twirly turtle channel 🥲

Great YouTube today @Jules100

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m puzzled over how she is going to host Christmas is the large sitting room is out of bounds, heating questionable, etc. Her travel vlogs, Advent series - a lot to plan. Will this be the year she travels elsewhere for Christmas?
Maybe she’ll travel someplace with stone walls and iron bars? And heat? 😆

C585439E-B667-4DAB-B876-09CC4303A9CE.gif

5A1F785B-3EE5-4D59-AF23-0133022250BA.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
No, not quite. There was a girl, who was massively upset because she was a friend of/had contact with the 100 Robes company and organised for the box of robes to be sent to Fanny, gratis. This girl had probably suggested it would be good for the company to get to Fanny’s crazy fan base. Fanny knew that this girl had organised the box of robes to be sent and Fanny knew that this girl had organised it, but Fanny failed to thank the girl. Which pi$$ed the girl off. Fanny knew the robes were coming and may even have chosen them because there just happened to be the perfect robe for each of the fools having Xmas at HMN. I’m sure two of the recipients were FRK and Cat. Maybe it was Xmas 2019 but I don’t know because of Covid. In Australia we didn’t miss a Xmas due to Covid…not yet.

I’m sorry for so many “Fanny” mentions!
Advent 2020 3

I remember another vlog with all of them in their 100 stars robes as thumbnail but can't find it anymore and want/have to do other things now.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You are so right. She cannot bear to be there in the summer so she needs an excuse - a new channel. This allows her to flit about everywhere and tell her patrons that she is diversifying so that she has money coming in to "maintain the chateau long term". She can then escape whilst they keep paying. She does not have to get her hands dirty. The chateau will be sold eventually - she has never promised it would not be - and the fans will still be saying it is fine - she has given so much pleasure - go find another place in Venice, follow your dreams, we will pay....

Reactions: 18
I was not wearing pajamas. It is a pajama inspired blouse. It’s from The Gap. I’ve had it for a few years & hardly wear it because I don’t want people to think I’m wearing pajamas out in public. ☹
No offence to your pyjamas @Jules100 ...

I think they must have had an offer on "pajamas" at the local market. Walking down to the beach last night for assomption fireworks, we were following a Parisian family and two of the women in the party were wearing the exact same pajama get up in different colours. I made a side remark to my two that it must have been a buy one get one free offer. And as it was going to be a late night it would save them changing when the got back to their accommodation 😆 They had a real mean dog with them, like a giant pitbull. In France not only do they have to be on a lead, they have to be muzzled by law. This one had neither! Was just walking along with them!! Never a copper about when you need one.

As I was saying calling a Chateau a Castle is very infra a dig and what does Fanny come up with? Comedy gold from an English graduate.
Barbara Gardner
4 hours ago
What is the difference between a Chateau and a Castle?

View attachment 1501820

View attachment 1501821
·1 REPLYView attachment 1501822
Stephanie's Grand Tour of Europe
1 hour agoChâteau is the French word for Castle! View attachment 1501823

View attachment 1501824
Zed Blackworth
1 second ago
@Stephanie's Grand Tour of Europe no not strictly true a Castle is always a fortified building a Chateau is not. A Chateau is a manor, large country residence and estate where wine is produced, a seat. I don't think Chateau has a direct translation and the word Chateau is universally understood. To call a Chateau a Castle is deceptive as not all chateau were fortifications-you wouldn't call Burghley House a Castle for instance.
Show less
Every flog I fall a little bit more in love with Zed Blackworth...

It is the Nailberry lady - that I knew. But I believe the chateau was the guy's before he met her. He mentioned the first time he brought there and she asked him how he could eat animals that he raised. He said he didn't name them, first of all.......so she went outside and named all the animals! She's apparently a big animal lover. He also made mention of "the confinement" - which I assume were Covid lockdowns? - and his mother was there with him and they worked on something (can't remember what). So, I think it's his chateau and the two of them have only been together for three eyars (that was mentioned by one of them in one of the two videos).
That there is a life lesson... Never name the food!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
With apologies for being off topic, but wasn't Skellig Michael featured in a Star Wars movie?

I've been to Bushmills Distillery in Bushmills about 30 times since coming to NI, only to discover I much prefer scotch (as in Scotland), as opposed to Irish whiskey. I find Irish whiskey to be too sweet, go figure. As a life long lover of all things ceramic, and as a hobby potter myself, I've never yet been to Belleek. I'd love to do a factory tour one day to see the production of the parian ware, but not so much the end product covered in shamrocks. Not a fan. But I'm fascinated by the design of the various vessels and ornamental decor pieces and technique in producing it all.
It was in Star Wars. The Skellig is an off shore rocky island, there are limits to the number allowed on boat trips each day. It was closed for a while after a rock fall until it was rectified. I was given a piece of Beleek as a wedding present in 1987. It lived in the attic as I was not a fan. I was in Bushmills that year too. I recall the kerbstones painted red, white and blue as it was a loyalist protestant town. Off for my second booster vaccine shortly.

• Heart
But it's a tin whistle Madame No, not a flute. Two different musical instruments, with two distinct sounds. But yes, I agree that a singers party at lieLande isn't a pleasant image, though no doubt its happened on numerous occasions. Perhaps it's one of those parties where SJ seeks a monetary donation towards the catering, which is simply another way of saying 'yes you can have sex but you've still got to pay for it.'
Thanks for the clarification! As I don't want to walk the earth in ignorance, I did a bit of sleuthing on the differences for those that give a toot (little pun here, sorry). "The tin whistle is considered a diatonic instrument, while the concert flute is considered a chromatic instrument. A diatonic instrument is only meant to play 7 notes, while a chromatic instrument can play all 12." Of course, that's comparing the humble little whistle to a concert flute. I realize there are other flutes as well. Perhaps we will have a lengthy, yet dull conversation about the various flutes throughout history and around the world. Let's hope not!

Narcissists are great mimics.

By making the Sign Of The Cross, she's trying to show that she identifies with Chateau de la Motte's owner (I own a chateau too. It also have a chapel). Hence the copycat behaviour. In these circumstances she will always interject with something along the lines of that 'It's giving me great ideas for laLande'. Ideas that never come to fruition. In trying to identify with a different chateau owner she is, in effect, saying 'I am your social equal'. When the reality is that she's not even in the same stratosphere.

She's just on planet Stephame-me-me - a gas giant about to be sucked into a black hole.
Excellent analysis of her behavior.

"The residents of the Chateau de La Lande. Island of Misfit Toys are a group of characters from the Chateau Diaries from the Rankin/Bass television special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. They are sentient toys who all have some strange quirk about them. Because of said quirks, these toys feel that there is no human child who could possibly want to play with them."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I am convinced she’s already filmed several videos or will reuse content to stretch it out

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This will be a pahfect opportunity to expand the Not so Grand Tour to include Christmas customs and celebrations around Europe! Spain with Oily and family, Italy with the Pseudo Egyptologist, perhaps another visit to Estonia sans Butthole Sun Gazing Man, Greece (since she spent at least 2 days there, she is now an expert on all things Greek) and let's not leave out another excuse to spend lavish amounts of Patreon money in Paris. Weee!! Of course, Baby Jesus (wink, wink) will accompany her.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Someone in the gift-grab was trying to teach Stephanie Jarvis a valuable lesson by quoting David Viscott: “The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give your gift away.”
“That’s one to think about”, Jarvis says, giggling sheepishly, once again revealing her true nature: why on earth would she give anything away? The purpose of her life is collecting gifts, period. Allowing her fans to send her presents is wat gives meaning to their lives, she truly believes this. She’s obviously stark raving mad and everybody in her orbit, including the puppy squirrel she pays to act like her boyfriend (not his most convincing part as an actor), knows this but instead of calling a doctor to get her the help she clearly needs (if only to get a reality check: no, you are not aristocratic) they laugh at her behind her back. Makes one wish the custom of tying someone to a pillory would make a comeback. I know I like to throw a whole lot of things at her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Fill-Up always reminds me of this SNL skit - The Effeminate Heterosexual…except the SNL character is a tad more butch than Fill-Up.

2BBF1CD3-E6D7-4378-9554-3A83D5DA344B.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.