The Chateau Diaries #171 F the farmhouse, I'm off to see the world, on other people's $. Weee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And people wonder how Trump got elected! I just don't know what's happened to so many people's cognitive abilities. Were they just born that way or did something very bad happen to them? Were they okay before they 'discovered' CD or did they just give up and give in to the cult? It's a mystery to me.
People often tell me that I think too much. I think that in order to think too much, you have to know something, or if you don't know, read, find out, think. And I do it non-stop. I read, study, think. They tell me I'm a nerd even though I finished school a long time ago.
The same people who tell me that I think too much about everything, have more or less no idea about anything, so I annoy them. I like to know the facts about anything, rather than talking for the sake of talking.
That's exactly why I can't watch a CD because I'm constantly checking and analyzing something.
The vast majority of people watch CDs "mindlessly" because they find it fun.
And that's it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
19k and counting. :sick: They all think this replaces Sunday's at the Chateau. But it's not Fanny's only travel channel as she's still planning to launch something this Ollie. Don't know how this will fit in with Ollie's MMM, but will wait and see. At this rate Fanny will never be at the shiteau so who needs heating or finished rooms.
Meg KRAFT
1 day ago
Great vlog. Going to be an interesting and fun new channel to watch. Good luck! Wasn't this something like what you wanted to do with Michael Pethrick way back when you both started your own vlogs and similar to what you and Oliver Stong plan to do? I'm glad you are doing this! You are such a great story teller and you make everyone you talk to feel at ease.

Stephanie's Grand Tour of Europe
19 hours ago
Yes, I’ve been thinking about it for a long time, and have finally decided to take the leap. Ollie and I will also be launching our travel channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQz9--l4bii6mlC-aMHFvQ
Caroline Gooder (Stephanie) has weighed in and her lacky's (Bee French - think this is either Snorty or his Dutch girlfriend) and (Diana Lyman - must be Snorty's mother) have joined the chorus. With new channels these people are going to spend all their time online shopping & monitoring comments.
caroline gooder
1 day ago
7.63K subscribers out of 8K viewers. Thank You for a fantastic tour and joyful interview with your friends.

Shaun’s world
1 day ago
Totally agree! I like Phillip and enjoy seeing him in the diaries videos, but for this channel I would much rather it was just Stephanie we heard.

diana lyman
1 day ago
Just a gentle reminder, Phillip is NOT a lackey: he is an integral part of the joy.

Shaun’s world
1 day ago
@diana lyman no one is saying he is a lackey, just expressing a preference… There’s no denying what he has done for Stephanie and the other channel, I’m also sure he has had a large input with this one also. It was like when he took over the editing of the Gift unwrapping and we started getting over the top zooming in on people and loads of overlaid “efficiency & the like” comments, thankfully these have now been cut back and used very sparingly.

bee french
18 hours ago (edited)
@Shaun’s world I like Philip’s editing of cadeaux and noticed that number of views have increased since he took over. Good when the increased number of views means more money for charities .

Shaun’s world
12 hours ago
@bee french totally agree I do enjoy he’s editing of it also! As stated, the sudden zooming in on peoples faces to over emphasise their surprise/expression was to much for myself and was starting to get to The point that I considered stopping watching them. It’s a trick that more zany comedic channels use and thankfully he has now stopped using this along with restricting the use of overlaid captions, a learning curve of what works for some channels and not for others…. Again, I truly do wish to state I like Phillip and what he has brought to the channels and to Stephanie’s happiness.

bee french
10 hours ago (edited)
@Shaun’s world I do like the editing techniques he uses like zooming and captioning . It breaks up the monotony of the standard static frame . A big part of watching cadeau is to see Stephanie and her friends’ reactions upon opening the gifts and their interactions with one another. I do find myself laughing because Stephanie and her friends are naturally funny and fun . Editing is a creative process and I enjoy watching the creative product. For me , Editing is so much more than just lining up and up loading video footage. This is why I like Philip’s editing work.

Stefanie Weseau
4 hours ago
@diana lyman Philip provides no value add. Stephanie's channels have stagnated since Philip arrived and her viewership is trailing many other chateau-related vlogs, such as the Fleuries. A tripod would be just as useful and less annoying during the gift unwrapping. Ferme la bouche Philip.
Talk about all over the place!!!
Omgosh!
🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Jules-- I miss KW so much.. is there anyway you could give us a tour of the sunset celebration down on Mallory square on your UT channel from the southernmost chateau.. culture!

And why did Steph make the sign of the cross before entering the chapel, considering she says she is non- religious or an atheist.
She is an appropriator. She has zero respect for others religious beliefs just as she as no respect for other races, ie, the horrendous Indian costume party. It's a wonder she doesn't wear a cross around her neck, genuflect when she goes into a church and cross herself with holy water. It's one of the reasons I find the whole chapel thing a travesty. She wants to play both sides of it. People are allowed to do whatever they want in there, but then she goes on and on about its religious connotations. Didn't she have a Catholic priest in there at one time or another? Isabelle's wedding?

She is an appropriator. She has zero respect for others religious beliefs just as she as no respect for other races, ie, the horrendous Indian costume party. It's a wonder she doesn't wear a cross around her neck, genuflect when she goes into a church and cross herself with holy water. It's one of the reasons I find the whole chapel thing a travesty. She wants to play both sides of it. People are allowed to do whatever they want in there, but then she goes on and on about its religious connotations. Didn't she have a Catholic priest in there at one time or another? Isabelle's wedding?
Next we'll be seeing her in a vision of white with her head covered in modesty as she lights a candle to her money god.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
They are comments posted in the past 8 months and Fanny has not deleted them, I just copied the comments 10 minutes ago. I didn’t know how to copy both the comment and the name because I am on my Ipad. Check out the video now and the newest comments for the last 8 months. All of them are there. I am sure phi phi will be deleting them soon.

Good grief…only 42 seconds in and she’s comparing it to LaLande. I remember that red dress…I think she cut the slit up the side herself. It was just the way it was draping weirdly…I remember it catching my eye too much and even told my husband that I thought she cut the slit all the way up her leg. Amazing how much lower in register that her natural voice and annoying laugh was. I used to think the cackling laugh was annoying back then…wow. I swear, I have to stop watching this show. But thanks for catching those comments - they are hilarious! “Chapels aren’t magical” is one of my favorite!

Reactions: 18
Apparently Sonia and Philip often go brocanting together, so no surprise. Sonia probably recognises him as no threat, what with him being a camp as a row of tents.
Snorts was pissed Steph took back control of vlog- watch that interaction- furious

She'd be the paaarfect partner for PhiPhi, imagine how much he could safe on nail polish if he would get the family discount?
Oh, he’s working on her.... definitely

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I really am flabbergasted by the idea of a new channel. I will standby my comment from ages ago - if she had of appointed a project manager, actually did infrastructure work (with all the trials and tribulations) her viewership and patreon would have been even bigger. She could have done this for 3 years and, without over investing, had a farmhouse that was livable, usable and possibly saleable. She is stuck with fans of a particular type and that will hamper the growth of her channel.
She could have closed the current association down, and still drawn the same level of patreon. She still has that problem to sort out.
Massive own goal Stephanie. Just like another infamous Leo & Virgo combination - you have markled yourself.
I suggested a project manager early on,it would have been more sensible.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
To me it's neither a castle nor a chateau - a fortified chateau is a chatelet.

And another thing (@Just Grift Wood)... I have a samovar! Bought in St.Petersburg, it's beautiful, practical and as I'm a big tea drinker, very handy. It's certainly not twatish nor nouveau riche and it gets used every day. The only downside is, the chimney part is a witch to clean.
I'm sure you didn't have it made with a picture of your house on the front-get my point

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I gave in and watched to see what the Irish gifts were. They were an eclectic mix from Northern ireland, Donegal (NW), Kerry (SW) and Kildare (E).
SJ the Belleek vases didn't have clover on them, they were shamrocks (story goes that St Patrick used it to explain Father, Son and Holy Spirit).
The stone structures on Skellig Michael photo are called beehive huts and were monks dwellings.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I gave in and watched to see what the Irish gifts were. They were an eclectic mix from Northern ireland, Donegal (NW), Kerry (SW) and Kildare (E).
SJ the Belleek vases didn't have clover on them, they were shamrocks (story goes that St Patrick used it to explain Father, Son and Holy Spirit).
The stone structures on Skellig Michael photo are called beehive huts and were monks dwellings.
I thought they were very nice and thoughtful gifts. Lost on her of course. Except the liquor and the square glass for her square ice she keeps only for herself.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Long way to go Am friend of Dan with your tin whistle, keep practicing!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Some kindly meant words of advice for the charlataine, who by now should frantically be preparing for her patron open days:
  • Ask your “boyfriend” about his past indiscretions and how they might come back to not just embarrassingly bite him but you as well.
  • While you are at it, teach him the value of NDA’s and how to strategically employ them, even if you don’t believe in them yourself. He might understand if you refer to his past experiences in a not so popular boyband with other not so kind boys, now willing to speak their truth about their former colleague/bedpartner.
  • You might want to rethink the Nasty Nutty banishment, as you would probably be better off throwing her under the bus, which you were planning to do anyway, remember? A new episode of the Bullying Argentinian loosing control in front of some of your patrons might be just the distraction you need to keep the focus away from yourself.
  • A word of warning about having your mother join in the festivities. You know it’s not going to end well, for no-one. She is going to make a complete arse of herself and even though you still think that’s hilariously funny, it really is not. Having her fat sister Chantal there with her (her own adjective, not mine) will sadly add fuel to her already burning fire.
I can’t wait! As @Jules100 likes to call it: almost done. Just a few bits and pieces to gather.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Some kindly meant words of advice for the charlataine, who by now should frantically be preparing for her patron open days:
  • Ask your “boyfriend” about his past indiscretions and how they might come back to not just embarrassingly bite him but you as well.
  • While you are at it, teach him the value of NDA’s and how to strategically employ them, even if you don’t believe in them yourself. He might understand if you refer to his past experiences in a not so popular boyband with other not so kind boys, now willing to speak their truth about their former colleague/bedpartner.
  • You might want to rethink the Nasty Nutty banishment, as you would probably be better off throwing her under the bus, which you were planning to do anyway, remember? A new episode of the Bullying Argentinian loosing control in front of some of your patrons might be just the distraction you need to keep the focus away from yourself.
  • A word of warning about having your mother join in the festivities. You know it’s not going to end well, for no-one. She is going to make a complete arse of herself and even though you still think that’s hilariously funny, it really is not. Having her fat sister Chantal there with her (her own adjective, not mine) will sadly add fuel to her already burning fire.
I can’t wait! As @Jules100 likes to call it: almost done. Just a few bits and pieces to gather.
Brilliant Good Luck I can’t wait either.

Reactions: 25
A few of the comments posted in the last 8 months on the FROM THE GRAND RECEPTION ROOMS TO THE SERVANTS' CELLAR AT CASTLE TEN BERGHE video on chateau diaries:

You talk too much about nothing.

I enjoyed the castle tour but wish there was less laughter as it was so loud and took away from hearing what the owner had to say.. It is one of the most beautiful castles.

When these 2 are done flirting with each other - they should show us the rest of the house

I can’t go without mentioning that she really needs a tank under her dress . She’s showing too much to her chest . I have to make her aware that she should look in the mirror before walking out the door everyday . Thank you

Nice close ups of featurs but instead of caneraman holding focus on who is talking, it woukd have been lovely to have seen as big as possible overall view of the rooms, we missed that aspect.

Could she flirt anymore? I see her romantic hopes

The woman flirts too much and talks too much. This seems to be more about her than about the castle. It is more enjoyable to watch without sound.

Well - I was interested in the house, but I refuse to watch this 'sweet young lady' ! Sorry - class is something she has no clue about ! You cannot claim innocence when you are deliberately wearing clothes designed to show off your female 'advantages' with a slit up the side of the skirt, and VERY low cut top almost allowing those boobs to slip into view. THAT is NOT classy ! I felt sorry for the young guy she is talking to, but had to stop the video I was so angry

What country is this in ?
PS : to the lady: .....
Chapels aren't "magical". Lady....show reverence here, and knowledge and history of whose home you are entering, and the people who lived in them, and why they had Chapels in their homes. Do yr history then come and speak.

This woman is in love, with EVERYTHING!!

The lady's excitement was a little off-putting, giving the impression that she would have said "yes please make me a part of your wonderful castle", if he so much as smiled. Yes the place is beautiful, and thanks for showing it.

the woman is an idiot...she should be asking questions.....

The lady in red was very distracting, kept interrupting not only by her comments but the top of her dress was almost down to her waist, bending down to show her exposed breast

The lady talks way to much

love to see more of the details. Unfortunately the majority of the time the camera is on the two people instead. Disappointing. Plus, silly boring chatter.

Why do I feel like this is an episode of Bridget Jones' Diary.😄I keep waiting for someone to say "Fitz-pervert".

More tour less giggles. You are not funny!

So she noticed every detail in the chateau but she didn't even mention the Van Gogh painting. Curious to know if it was an original. Pretty sure it is, I love houses like this

This is the first time I have ever heard """ giggling gerty "" the interviewer say to the person being interviewed YOU'RE JOĶING!! !!!
Wasn't this the visit/tour where a huge deal was made of their separate bedrooms? …. Later known to be a complete fabrication. (Sorry can’t bring myself to watch it again) 😵💫

• Sick
Reactions: 10
WHY IS THE CAMERA GUY ONSCREEN AGAIN? WHY?
To show he is getting value for money from and still wearing his female jumpsuit that he bought on one of the many shopping trips with his Mummy.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.