The Chateau Diaries #171 F the farmhouse, I'm off to see the world, on other people's $. Weee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My American friends used to say 'how 'bout those niners' - I got that it has something to do with a sports game AND a change of subject, but the rest was lost on me. :)
That's exactly what I was going to post but I figured the international crowd might not get the "Niners" reference.šŸ¤£

1660690846402.png

If you have an inquiring mind... the "Niners" refer to the SF 49ers (American) football team. The name references the California gold rush of 1849.
PS: I'm no football fan... in fact, I'm bored to death by it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That's exactly what I was going to post but I figured the international crowd might not get the "Niners" reference.šŸ¤£

View attachment 1504928
If you have an inquiring mind... the "Niners" refer to the SF 49ers (American) football team. The name references the California gold rush of 1849.
Da Bears!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I looked at the numbers on the CD channel a bit.
Posts on the CD channel are not viewed even by those who are subscribed.
CU has 39000 subscribers. Compared to the CD, it's funny even though that channel is supposedly for charity.
One might think that CD subscribers should support SJ's humanitarian intentions. But no. CU is a particularly sleazy channel and the mass of people (CD subscribers) do not watch or support it.
SJ will now have a new travel channel.
I don't know how she didn't notice that posts about other castles, exhibitions, gardens have the least number of views.
I would conclude from such a "flying" and very Laland (frivolous) analysis that my subscribers do not want to watch such things.
My conclusion is that they won't. But it doesn't matter. SJ needs an excuse for wasting time, absences and lack of work and she has it. What a scam!
I was thinking of a potential thread title ā€œThe Scrag, The Yobbo and the Great Patreon Scamā€ (or Robbery)

• Haha
Reactions: 8

View attachment 1504928
I was tossing up whether it was football or baseball - I didn't know about the Gold rush bit either. Thank you. (to be fair, American footballers are considered a bit um, 'over protected' in NZ when compared to rugby players - although I believe that even in a helmet, brain damage occurs. In rugby, a tackle is akin in bodily impact to a car accident :oops: ) I watch rugby occasionally and then it's only for the male buttocks eye-candy. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Todayā€™s ā€œItā€™s a Wonderful Strifeā€ vlogā€¦

I do believe if France gets any hotter, Miss Blondie will be naked in the next vlog and Pierre will be wearing a Speedo!
An Aussism for Speedos is ā€œbudgie smugglers!ā€ We had a truly odious Prime Minister who was often pictured walking out of the ocean in them. We took a massive amount of pi$$ out of him!

An Aussism for Speedos is ā€œbudgie smugglers!ā€ We had a truly odious Prime Minister who was often pictured walking out of the ocean in them. We took a massive amount of pi$$ out of him!
I should have added that ā€œbudgieā€ is an abbreviation of a type of bird - budgerigar. I totally missed the point then lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Complete change of subject. Have just seen Rich Hall at the Edinburgh Fringe. Absolutely brilliant makes me want to do a Grand Tour of the USA now as only ever been to 3 states still 47 left for me to explore.
Go see Fruit Flies Like a Banana, theyā€™re at Edinburgh Fringe. Iā€™ve seen them at Orlando Fringe several times. The show is awesome, they are amazingly talented and they are such nice people.

Reactions: 5
Stephanie was so dramatically, glaringly out classed during her two recent vlogs. There she was, white trash right up against pure bred poise, wealth, lineage and manners. The only semi pleasant thing was that Snorts kept his mouth shut once they got inside - but like a good mother Steph referenced Phillip twice behind the camera. Her sweet baby needed a little acknowledgement. What a pathetic duo.
And then the blooper reel. What, for Godā€™s sake, was so funny? So Hollywood Steph, seriously. You are a super star. And youā€™ve made yourself into a public figure, which carries all kinds of nuances in terms of your upcoming defense against your own words. Fabulous.
Meanwhile, smoke bombs from Clara. Wow. Maybe CUZ can build a Panic Room for Steph &Phi Phi. All the stars have them. Safe place to hide if their security has been violated.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
We're in the latter half of the year and she's not aware that the layered look in jewellery was on it's way out 2 years ago. This year it's all chunky chains a la Valentino, Gucci and HermĆØs. In the latter half of 2022, trends are for bold maximalist pieces, not fine layers and fake Faberge.
Fanny loves to be out of style. She like vintage.

• Haha
When I was very little we were on a ketch and I took my baths in a dishpan.
I called the foam sud. There are pictures of me in ancient scrapbooks or Egyptian tomb paintings in the dishpan with the sud on my head.
They called me Suddy until I left for college.
Or maybe it was oatmeal....
Sud.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
With apologies for being off topic, but wasn't Skellig Michael featured in a Star Wars movie?

I've been to Bushmills Distillery in Bushmills about 30 times since coming to NI, only to discover I much prefer scotch (as in Scotland), as opposed to Irish whiskey. I find Irish whiskey to be too sweet, go figure. As a life long lover of all things ceramic, and as a hobby potter myself, I've never yet been to Belleek. I'd love to do a factory tour one day to see the production of the parian ware, but not so much the end product covered in shamrocks. Not a fan. But I'm fascinated by the design of the various vessels and ornamental decor pieces and technique in producing it all.
Thereā€™s a good video on YouTube showcasing both the history of Belleek and the entire production process. Iā€™m sure you could find it by searching YouTube.

Reactions: 7
I'm chortling to myself: nothing like a Star Wars question to bring out/reveal all the Star Wars nerds........... (I mean that in a loving way). :D

• Haha
Is Philip's boy band video still up anywhere?
Can we track his band mates?
Here's a classic post by @Incognito Chatelaine, who after living for years in Dutch society, has a good idea of who Philip Janssen is.
Here's this from a very early Tattle post. Still looks like Pheeph is stuffing. Before he disappears.
Band members: Zuuderleefde: Dwayne Horbag, Philip Janssen, Thierry Dirkx, Marvin Rossier, Axel Hermans

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
No offence to your pyjamas @Jules100 ...

I think they must have had an offer on "pajamas" at the local market. Walking down to the beach last night for assomption fireworks, we were following a Parisian family and two of the women in the party were wearing the exact same pajama get up in different colours. I made a side remark to my two that it must have been a buy one get one free offer. And as it was going to be a late night it would save them changing when the got back to their accommodation šŸ˜† They had a real mean dog with them, like a giant pitbull. In France not only do they have to be on a lead, they have to be muzzled by law. This one had neither! Was just walking along with them!! Never a copper about when you need one.

Every flog I fall a little bit more in love with Zed Blackworth...

That there is a life lesson... Never name the food!
Yes, I feel the same way about clever Zed. I do believe he walks amongst us ā™„

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
@Jeeves and @KiKiGee ā€¦ Iā€™ve thought about this for a little while. I have some concerns about maintaining the integrity of the Wiki page. A member with an ā€œagenda,ā€ or someone who is trying to control the conversation, might modify or delete Wiki information. I think the CD Wiki is thorough and very well done, so would hate to see someone wreak havoc on it. Iā€™ve attempted to take a snapshot of the Wiki page (itā€™s very rudimentaryā€¦I just took screen shots). So, in case something happens, thereā€™s a record and it can be recreated. If you (or anyone else) knows a better way to save a copy, I think it would be a good idea.
I was wondering what made this thought come up?
Between Claraā€™s kaboom, Halcyon going coy (which is just f-ing strange šŸ’‹) and this all in the same couple of pages there seems to have been a siesmic shift in our little corner of the webā€¦

To quote Mojo Bloody Tattlers Donā€™t Rattle!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I was wondering what made this thought come up?
Between Claraā€™s kaboom, Halcyon going coy (which is just f-ing strange šŸ’‹) and this all in the same couple of pages there seems to have been a siesmic shift in our little corner of the webā€¦

To quote Mojo Bloody Tattlers Donā€™t Rattle!!!
I donā€™t want to stir up anything unnecessarily, so donā€™t want to dwellā€¦but I have some suspicions (and I might be wrong). At any rate, Iā€™ve saved screen shots of the Wiki in case any info is deleted and needs to get recreated. Also, it sounds like changes to the Wiki are tracked.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.