The Chateau Diaries #17 Royally-flushed: tales and tattles from the skeptic tank

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually really like what I have seen of her father’s artwork. Not an art historian but I have a great love of paintings. At least there’d be a counterpoint to all the negative critics.

Let’s start with an easy one, since it's only black and white 😂 is this supposed to be Venice? 🤔 Is this S running towards her chateau? 🤔

Reactions: 1
hold tight .... the front door that got 3 blogs

is being replaced - it’s ordered solid oak
new windows - ordered

small return at the end - was to be bathroom
eh no

not enough kitchen cabinets !!!
going to make a larder pantry !!!
for all the brass pots - and tinned food
🥫 many a washing machine as well !!!

my guess is .... Michael’s potter cottage
is another fully renovated gite

you couldn’t make this tit up 😂😂😂

Haha, do you reckon he'll come to an arrangement with Gwen; if I raise all the cash to do it out. Then rent it, can I keep the revenue to then build my timber frame house a few miles away, just to get out of your hair. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And yet some virtual friends are better than her 'real' ones...

2.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Let’s start with an easy one, since it's only black and white 😂 is this supposed to be Venice? Is this S running towards her chateau? 🤔
I can’t say that I had seen that one 😂 Definitely not Stephanie (has she ever had a dog?). And definitely not Venice, more of a seaside town in the UK. One that would be famous for its little huts on the beach. Each cloud is a thought bubble. That is quite poetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My first post here, I admit I loved ETTC when I first found it. I'm an American and dreamed of living in France and it all looked so wonderful. Angela gave me a creepy vibe and I don't love all of her ideas. I started watching SJ and at first it was interesting, some of the workers/slaves were so annoying (Tomaz), but Phillip is just so annoying I can't watch anything he is in. But what has been the biggest turn off is just the blatant GREED! I agree with so many here, the shutters are hanging on for dear life, the walls are damp, you have no heating, but yet you buy art, clothes and things you really do not need! I watched the gift videos before, what a waste! Why are people sending these grifters all of this stuff??? Wake up people, most of it will end up at the local charity shop! Also, my last rant, why is she comparing her shitoo to the grand houses of England??? Seriously delusional! Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I've taken the time to read some of Franks blog & Instagram. From what I can see he's a sensitive, kind man, not prone to drama & has a great talent for writing. I imagine he was deeply hurt by the aging wanna be princess & her cult, I too would have been hurt also.
The aging wanna be princess got lucky, Frank moved on, is living his life but who's to say the next victim won't fight back. We can only hope
Wait ! What am I missing? Who is Franks ? What blog and IG account ? Please enlighten me.

Wait ! What am I missing? Who is Franks ? What blog and IG account ? Please enlighten me.
They lived as caretakers at the chateau, were treated very badly. If you can read all of Clara's post she has intimate details

Reactions: 3
I can’t say that I had seen that one 😂 Definitely not Stephanie (has she ever had a dog?). And definitely not Venice, more of a seaside town in the UK. One that would be famous for its little huts on the beach. Each cloud is a thought bubble. That is quite poetic.
I found it disturbing that the price 16 years ago that was paid for this leaking mess is the same as it’s been valued at now with $300,000 plus added to it over those years? Not to mention what’s being plowed into it now with Patreon $$’s. $24,000 a month.... is that pre-taxes ?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think it said Southwold in the title? A seaside town in Suffolk which is the county where IJ has another home🤔. I’m sure I recognise the tower in the distance as well.

Reactions: 7
I think it said Southwold in the title? A seaside town in Suffolk which is the county where IJ has another home🤔. I’m sure I recognise the tower in the distance as well.
Southwold - complete with lighthouse and beach huts.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm lucky never been seriously affected by a narcissist (knock on wood) and many of you have told you have. You're much more sensitive to even the smallest signs, that I personally miss, and call her out. She's showing narcissistic, selfish, unemphatic behavior and has a facade. This we can all agree.

She's just started to film herself and it's only human, that you try to show yourself in a better light than in reality. Problem is that she's not that good of an actress, she doesn't ring true. We sense that. She's trying to play the role of a frivolous flibbertigibbet with no care in the world. Always happy and laughing. Dreaming of living in her own little gilded world, her being the beautiful, rather nervous bird everybody wants to possess. She needs to learn to be a better actress :D or her public persona needs to come closer to her real self. In patreon videos she's more serious, but if confronted with difficult questions, she retreats back to her flibbertigibbet mode. She ends looking always a bit fake, which is a warning sign of a narcissist.

If she's truly showing herself as she is (what you see is what you get), then I agree with your diagnose.
Once you find one it is easy to identify another. It is hard for those who have not encountered one to believe just how duplicitous they are. She is IMO a classic covert narcissist. She survives on emotional fuel admiration, adulation, praise, empathy, compassion, attention, kindness, physical affection & validation. But there is never enough. They initially are convinced that the new supply is the one who will be the perfect one - male or female doesn't matter. At the start the new one is treated as the pet, the favourite & put on a pedestal. But then they do something not quite perfect & then they're not such good fuel any more. So a new one must be found. You can see the pattern with Marie, MPK & now Philip. 3 stages idealise, devalue then discard. A person is as much use to them as a kettle. Once it starts to go wrong then it is time to get a new one. The absolute desperation that they must be in control, that the mask must never slip to show who they really are is extremely stressful for them. This explains the boozing - they usually have a habit of some sort as they are anxious a lot of the time. So sunny SJ whose fave colour is yellow knows that inside it is all black.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I know that we have gone up the route of SJ and her having narcissistic personality disorder on a number of occasions & it has irked some people as they say (quite rightly) that we are not qualified to diagnose her. However, the more I see of her it is hard to ignore the red flags in her behaviour. For me it like anything in life - if you spot the signs of something, whether it be a physical illness, a light coming on the dashboard of your car or a friend who seems to be acting strangely then you look for the signs to give you a clue as to how to deal with it. As you would if you went in to see the doc or the mechanic they would ask what led you to their door. In this instance I am (in my amateur way) convinced that she has many of the traits which are found in the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), There are 9 traits A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following: 1. grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements). 2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love. 3. Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or highstatus people (or institutions). 4. Requires excessive admiration. 5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations. 6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends. 7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recog

I think for her it is exhausting because she is literally acting all the time. She is putting on a performance. Everything she does is false. Now she is really wounded because SHE knows all of this but she cannot accept that others are starting to see it too.. A cornered animal has to fight back and she is probably beside herself with rage that she should have to explain herself to anyone, but now sees it as a means to an end to keep those who she holds in contempt as being so stupid as to actually fall for her skullduggery fooled. Do you mean that you think she and MPK have cooked up these public denouments? I think the Trotters are grifters now in their lives, but SJ is on a whole different level to them.
I agree with your assessment although I think I have read that when an enabler leaves an NPD they keep well away from them. So I wonder about Nick and Michael. I'm just watching last night's gift opening and she really annoys me in this. She behaves like a 4 year old playing at being a princess. Also, if I have to hear her say "I could look at this for hours" or "amazing" or "the most beautiful I have ever seen", I think I'll scream! She is just so fake on these videos and it wipes out the enjoyment I had watching her "how Youtube saved my Chateay" video.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.