The Chateau Diaries #167 SJ and PJ's love child would be... A cabbage bowl wearing a 100 stars scarf...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing wrong with being friends with people working on your house. My husband used to be a carpenter. He is friends with our GC, roofer, electrician, sprinkler guy... Just seems like a lot of a new guy in their lives on their new YouTube channel. Matt had more screen time than Oliver.
made great frends

Reactions: 8
It is sad she wishes her life away and yet hankers after a French dream that in reality doesn't exist
Per Albert Einstein, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Sad to see Marie so lacking in self-worth and confidence.
Her chef/boating dreams must have been just another whim on the road to nowhere.

It states that the patreon stats are set to private, so he may have more than 3 now.
Likely stagnant - if their patreon numbers were growing they would be showing it.

I told you about the compliment /criticism ratio!
Seems to work if you lead with a compliment and bury the criticism.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Still up there because lapdog and master are traveling! Enjoy!
Traveling so no patron video has been published yet.....it's not only irresponsible, but Fanny is being dismissive and insulting to her patron's.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Marie is being invited to work without wages. I'm sure Steph and Nasty are making a list of chores for her upon her arrival and of course, Maire will give her best horse laugh and agree to it. Privately she will be seething at being duped once again. Marie, if you have guts at all, don't go and if you do please remember to laugh, love, and live, but don't do any of the chores. Instead, find some fun ways to sabotage the circus so the blame falls on Nasty and Phyllis. 😈
At least they'll all have chicken with brown sauce instead of Brussell sprout pasta.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I am a lurker and I honestly do enjoy TCD most of the time... BUT... I really am baffled by SJ trying to "Marie Kondo" and then buying what is honestly tat from brocantes etc. The amount of junk in the chateau is making her dream renovations impossible as they keep getting sidetracked by teeny projects because there are so many distractions.
It does make me sad as I really enjoyed seeing progress on bigger projects and enjoy before/after footage of renovations.
Another thing that KILLS ME - in the entrance hall, the day bed has a MATTRESS on it with a pashmina or something wrapped around it and you can see the mattress. It's quite a lovely room and I just can't believe they wouldn't bother to upholster such a major piece, meanwhile they're faffing about with toile in frames?!
I get that emergencies like floods etc will set back certain projects but we were promised a plan and that she was working with a project manager for a proper plan of works. Everything seems so chaotic although I appreciate we only see snippets.
I also miss her older style of informative content - it suits her much better than when she's hyper and overdelivering. She is really knowledgable about certain things and that really added depth to her videos as opposed to the often inane commentary we get (like the other day when she made a massive fuss about the robe she had been gifted... it was so over the top I thought it had to surely be paid promotion??)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Perhaps you could have a side hustle in blue amd white custom “porcelain”!😜
Well Spode gave me a hard no, so I uploaded all my tattle profile pic cheesy, bootleg Steve / Daddy’s tiles to Zazzle. So far I’ve sold 3 coasters, 1 coffee mug and an apron.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Deivids in the YT series Do and Be Different Family says @13:05 that he's leaving the rebar out of the concrete extension he's building contiguous to his old farmhouse because....extension must expand and contract as the house does in winter and summer. Otherwise, if extension is connected to the house with rebar it will crack, and will crack farmhouse. He's also not building walls, more like pouring a foundation with a pump house embedded in it. They're using big building stones as filler/reinforcement.
He's not a construction guy, but a DIYer like everyone else, and possibly the hardest-working young man in the universe.

Ready for your close up, Mat the Jungle Slayer?
I'll be popping the speshul Catalan espelette-flavored hot tamale popcorn.

Darling Tracker - 17 🤮
The vlog is 19.03 minutes, so that's an average of 1 Darling every 67 seconds. 🤮
However, the first darling occurs at the 4.36 mark. which averages out to 1 Darling every 52 seconds for the remainder of the vlog. 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I just saw the trailer for the new Lord of the Rings show and I think I've found Amaury's long lost twin. He even speaks weirdly...just like Amaury! 😂
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 8.32.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 7.48.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 7.48.27 PM.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
The patreon thing is also taking the ----.
It would be so easy to post a notification *early* on Weds saying "sorry the video will be late".
I KNOW it's sad to wait around for it but it's like a tv show - if it's meant to air on Wednesday evening, it needs to air on Wednesday evening. It's honestly not hard to manage expectations and - also - BE ORGANISED and post on a schedule.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I am a lurker and I honestly do enjoy TCD most of the time... BUT... I really am baffled by SJ trying to "Marie Kondo" and then buying what is honestly tat from brocantes etc. The amount of junk in the chateau is making her dream renovations impossible as they keep getting sidetracked by teeny projects because there are so many distractions.
It does make me sad as I really enjoyed seeing progress on bigger projects and enjoy before/after footage of renovations.
Another thing that KILLS ME - in the entrance hall, the day bed has a MATTRESS on it with a pashmina or something wrapped around it and you can see the mattress. It's quite a lovely room and I just can't believe they wouldn't bother to upholster such a major piece, meanwhile they're faffing about with toile in frames?!
I get that emergencies like floods etc will set back certain projects but we were promised a plan and that she was working with a project manager for a proper plan of works. Everything seems so chaotic although I appreciate we only see snippets.
I also miss her older style of informative content - it suits her much better than when she's hyper and overdelivering. She is really knowledgable about certain things and that really added depth to her videos as opposed to the often inane commentary we get (like the other day when she made a massive fuss about the robe she had been gifted... it was so over the top I thought it had to surely be paid promotion??)
Welcome random girl. It's all petty distractions, distractions, distractions, instead of real renovation. I don't recall Fanny ever promising a project manager (although many folks of recommended it), but she did promise a plan which is now fluttering in the wind somewhere.
Where you lost me is that Fanny is 'really knowledgeable about certain things' . Fanny is an effective story teller, but she enjoys playing the dumb blonde (when it suits her narrative), feigns much of what she says, simply regurgitates facts memorized for the moment from Wikipedia and feels terribly inferior when confronted by real experts (ex: Christies or the owner of the Venetian palace she toured) who possess thorough subject knowledge.

Dahhling, daahling, daahling this, daahling that, hello my dahling......where you off to, dahling?.........dahling......GRRRRRR!

I can see where Philip Janssen gets his inspiration from. Old Ollie is his muse!

BORING video put out by the Magical Modernist folks. We get it....you don't have warm water. Or do you? I'm so confused by that hodgepodge they put out, I have no idea if they've got enough warm water or even enough pressure for a shower!

And Matt is no Amaury, he can put his shirt back on. If anything, he's the Dan of the Spikey House, although both Ollie and Camilla seem quite taken with him!
Da ya think I'm sexy???....
If you want my body and you think I'm sexy
Come on honey tell me so
If you really need me just reach out and touch me
Come on sugar let me know

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Poor Marie she doesn't seem to realise she is being used and just being asked for the patron day to make up the numbers. She is a bit of a lost soul
I was wondering where she was going… How can she do this to herself again? According to Instagram, she seemed to be doing so much better in Norway. Why would she go back to such a toxic environment?

Dahhling, daahling, daahling this, daahling that, hello my dahling......where you off to, dahling?.........dahling......GRRRRRR!

I can see where Philip Janssen gets his inspiration from. Old Ollie is his muse!

BORING video put out by the Magical Modernist folks. We get it....you don't have warm water. Or do you? I'm so confused by that hodgepodge they put out, I have no idea if they've got enough warm water or even enough pressure for a shower!

And Matt is no Amaury, he can put his shirt back on. If anything, he's the Dan of the Spikey House, although both Ollie and Camilla seem quite taken with him!
I watched about one minute of their video. It was truly painful to see her do her tricks with the rings. And in a dress. Does she think that is going to garner her more patrons or more subscribers? It was just horrible. In my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh Mat. It was better when you were silent ...definitely Hanni vibes... And Cam my has another husband?????? Makes sense darhling.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.