The Chateau Diaries #166 Awwww, Tattle made us do it….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Secret Château VS Ollie
View attachment 1458488
Boy, Ollie really lives up to his Knobgobbler name! I hate it when these grifters use “jealousy” as an excuse to dismiss people who challenge their intentions and ethics. No, Knobgobbler, we’re not jealous. It’s disgusting when you spend nearly €2 million on a property and then ask people to fund your renovations. Unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I think it’s similar to people who give huge sums of money to the TV preachers that live in luxurious homes and drive expensive cars. Even with all of the technology that’s supposed to bring us together, people are feeling more lonely and isolated than ever. All the chaos and uncertainty in the world makes people turn to things that make them feel good, safe, and cared about. That’s really what Fanny peddles…faux friendship and inclusion. Yes, it’s sad because she’s taking advantage of people’s feelings, especially those who are vulnerable.
I watched this BBC documentary last night. "My Insta Scammer Friend". The blurb for it is :
"In this era of social media, we are given more access to the private lives of celebrities and influencers than ever before. But how well do we really know our favourite online friends? This film explores the murky and, at its worst, toxic, relationship between one influencer and her followers.
The infamous viral scandals of pioneering internet sensation Caroline Calloway have captivated audiences across the globe, with some of her followers left feeling duped and scammed. "
Watch your back Fanny - Calloway got dropped in by a former friend. "The original Instagram influencer was the subject of a viral long read penned by her former friend Natalie Beach for New York Magazine’s The Cut. This documentary hears from Beach about her claims that Calloway is a phoney shrouded in lies and scandals"

Watching it I saw how the 'followers' really believed that the person they see on screen is their friend. Caroline Galloway set up events in various cities in he US & charged for it but then it all started to crumb when she couldn't organise them properly. She appears to have no shame. In 2021 Caroline unveiled her latest creation, a $75 skin care oil she fittingly calls Snake Oil.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Boy, Ollie really lives up to his Knobgobbler name! I hate it when these grifters use “jealousy” as an excuse to dismiss people who challenge their intentions and ethics. No, Knobgobbler, we’re not jealous. It’s disgusting when you spend nearly €2 million on a property and then ask people to fund your renovations. Unbelievable.
But that succulent mic drop at the end. Put Ollie in his place, LOL.

Watching it I saw how the 'followers' really believed that the person they see on screen is their friend.
Speaking of... From Chateau Chat's latest comment section...
Parasocial.png

LOL, Taylor H. calls the people commenting parasocial and weird, but not a word about people like Caroline Gooder et al. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Speaking of welcoming locals or having local support.... Did anyone notice any locals whatsoever approach Fanny at the market to say hello, or thank her for the tireless efforts to the community? Me neither.
Very good point. Maybe they are too in awe of her and the royal patronage she dishes out to the local community and don’t want the spoils to end. All that unwanted food from the shittoo must go down a treat. Am still puzzled why the merc wasn’t taken for the jaunt to the brocante, perfect weather and perfect opportunity for more posing by Fanny and her consort the posturing fop, it doesn’t add up.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes, I think the plastic Dutch mayo bottles on the table and in the pantry betray a whole lot about boyfriend's tastes. Isn't there a Spode chamberpot designed to dress up Dutch mayo for the granny tat table? Or maybe a totes bougie silver plate armature thing, like those oil and vinegar cruet holders?
I expect Fanny to wallpaper the inside of the porta-potties in toile wall paper.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've been thinking of the Patron Circus coming up at the shitoo and have some ideas I'd like to share here for your consideration. Ruthy Writer will premier her new novel with signed copies for sale, The Little Shop of Leftovers will have a grand opening, Adrift at Sea Marie will have a booth promoting herself in a variety of situations, Ollie and Cami will also have a booth promoting their Mess in Progress, F1 Potts will have booth selling his endless photos of race cars and night scenes of Amsterdam, Horrible Hanni will sachet about pouring cheap watered down bubbly (the good stuff will be for the Princess and her entourage), Court Jester Gerry will have a stage in the middle of the dried up lake to entertain the masses alongside a small booth selling tartan souvenirs, Ma Belle and Pa Percy will be seated most comfortably in the shade to receive guests and sign autographs after sitting through a sales pitch to increase their donations on Patreon. The High Priestess herself will make a brief showing on the balcony and disappear for the remainder of the fete. Many of the Patrons will discreetly and not so discreetly slip little momentos into their gift totes. I certainly hope they rent plenty of port-a-potties as there aren't adequate plumbing accomodations within the walls of the farmhouse. I imagine that the now famous Downstairs Loo will be roped off and visitors will only be allowed to view the stunning results. Minions will be posted throughout the farmhouse to limit accessibility and keep a beady out for pilferaging. Phyllis will ever so busy playing Lord of the Manor and ensuring all the top tier patrons that Her Majesty is well but indisposed at the moment. Meanwhile Fanny will be entertaining a very close circle of 'friends' far, far away from the Madding Crowd.
i surely hope all her admirers are ripping a piece of that wallpaper off in the downstairs loo...just as a keepsake.... ;):LOL: 🙄

The Secret Château VS Ollie
View attachment 1458488
very well said....i could have pointed this out to him..but its not me...putting critique aside as jealousy is very weak...grifting for your own house from vunrable people is wrong...also the fact that they call everybody who has a very decent point a troll...i know they are not happy with three patreons for their huge renovation...i wonder when its coming back on the market...i wish them a lott of succes..with that termitesinfected place..and no.. i am not jealous...not in the least ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Watching it I saw how the 'followers' really believed that the person they see on screen is their friend. Caroline Galloway.....
Fanny was really good at this in the old days. Didn't send her a dime (but might have if I had one as I did ask for $ to give her Patreon for Christmas 2020 but my family are smarter than I am and didn't get me that thankfully - I got a mail-in Ladyship to a Scottish Castle instead). When my other-half exclaimed "what, she's a utuber? I thought she was a friend you had in France!" I shook my head a bit, and came to my senses. Stepped way way back and came here to Tattle for a 'reality check' after watching. Haven't watched any chateau vlogs in over a year, but lurk here constantly now. Family still tease me about my "friends on youtube" but I make them call me Lady when they do!! lol

edit: have been on tattle since thread 2 in another incarnation and credit tattle (and @Clara Burnett et al) with helping pull the wool from my eyes as well - but the lack of return on investment for restoration or renovation versus pure relaxation is so obvious it is what sent me to tattle in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Just caught up with the last flog.
Snorts having a strop when Fanny didn’t like the cape.
Was that crème brûlée Snorts was having?
Did Fanny get it wrong and was meant to say Cumin for the falafel mix?
Maria made the dolmades, I would have eaten that food 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 12
is Dan buiding a swimmingpool?? or what..i do think his mortar is a bit dry..also concreting on sneakers...well... its Dan...leaving those kids in that digger....uhm...i hope he took the key out...i guess not...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
i surely hope all her admirers are ripping a piece of that wallpaper off in the downstairs loo...just as a keepsake.... ;):LOL: 🙄

very well said....i could have pointed this out to him..but its not me...putting critique aside as jealousy is very weak...grifting for your own house from vunrable people is wrong...also the fact that they call everybody who has a very decent point a troll...i know they are not happy with three patreons for their huge renovation...i wonder when its coming back on the market...i wish them a lott of succes..with that termitesinfected place..and no.. i am not jealous...not in the least ;)
I completely agree about calling people jealous when they critique or disagree. What I also found disgusting in Ollie's childish whining rebuttal was the statement about so many other people using Patreon for creative projects. It's like a child telling his parents that everybody's doing it when they are denied permission about something. Ollie really is a dufus! I suggest that he take the royal stance and next time decides to neither defend nor explain himself. It's worked for the Queen all these years. Let's hope Cami is better at math than Ollie, but I wonder if the botox injections have gone a bit too deep and have paralyzed some of her brain cells.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
What a supremely revolting plate of food.

View attachment 1455672

I used to quite like hummus. Now? Not on your life.
Those dolma's are silently crying in Turkish! Damn those are rolled fat! The halloumi cut very tick!

The endles hummus! Cypriots are crying loudly, they have mezze recipes, easyily done and this is what they came up with.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I often think back to this comment from one of Fanny’s Christmas vlogs last year:

freesi
9 hours ago
More than anything I wish I could leave my own family who doesn't give two cents about me behind and join yours this Christmas... and maybe stay like so many have... Everywhere I turn is sad and depressing except LaLande...

For these people it’s
I think it’s similar to people who give huge sums of money to the TV preachers that live in luxurious homes and drive expensive cars. Even with all of the technology that’s supposed to bring us together, people are feeling more lonely and isolated than ever. All the chaos and uncertainty in the world makes people turn to things that make them feel good, safe, and cared about. That’s really what Fanny peddles…faux friendship and inclusion. Yes, it’s sad because she’s taking advantage of people’s feelings, especially those who are vulnerable.
I agree. In the grabeaux videos there are some people who repeatedly send her gifts. It is not healthy or normal to repeatedly send gifts to a stranger - some people would consider that behaviour stalking or harrassment. But she encourages it, by filming the unwrapping, by saying how generous they are and with her (over the top) joyful reactions. A lot of what she gets sent is, I think, tat. But it seems she is unable to discourage the flow of gifts because every so often it is a Tiffany knife or vintage Dior coat - she just can't help herself. I am surprised by the extent those around her are complicit to. There was one point, early on, Isabelle mentioned they don't need things and people don't need to thank them in this way for the videos. But she also enjoys receiving things too much to stop it. My worry in all this is a) whilst not everyone, among those sending gifts to her there clearly are people who are lonely, vulnerable and/or potentially unwell, and she is taking advantage of them by encouraging the gift giving; b) by encouraging the false sense of connection/ intimacy recieving their gifts online generates (e.g., literally wearing earrings, necklaces and dresses strangers have sent her) she is potentially putting herself at danger. She is encouraging people to obsess over her. Where she lives is online. Heck, people can even book to sleep overnight in her home. I do sometimes worry what that means for her personal safety. Long may she have Amoury there.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Also I always wonder how people like this will actually cope IF she does suddenly just do a runner never to be seen or heard of again. It could be enough to tip some over the edge if the are unstable. I don't think she realises, or even cares for that matter, the potential damage she could do to them.

I just want to see Maman get there and go batshit crazy at them all. It would make my day.
I been thinking for some time that her end won’t be published and she will just disappear. We are watching her downfall right now. But like a good hooker she is taking it and doing it all for the money. She suffering all the indignities for cash for she has no other way of making any. She’s probably squirreling it away for later and thinking it will all have been worth it in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Any song you want to have accompany that clip?
No one answered, so I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to provide a few recommendations. As you can see, I have given this a lot of too much thought, they were all favorites of mine at one time or another:

1) I'm Every Woman - Chaka Khan

2) Can't Touch This - MC Hammer

3) Here Comes the Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze

4) Never Gonna Get It - En Vogue

I completely agree about calling people jealous when they critique or disagree. What I also found disgusting in Ollie's childish whining rebuttal was the statement about so many other people using Patreon for creative projects. It's like a child telling his parents that everybody's doing it when they are denied permission about something. Ollie really is a dufus! I suggest that he take the royal stance and next time decides to neither defend nor explain himself. It's worked for the Queen all these years. Let's hope Cami is better at math than Ollie, but I wonder if the botox injections have gone a bit too deep and have paralyzed some of her brain cells.
I don't know why, but I think it's Camilla, not Ollie, responding. It just sounds like such a bitchy thing to say - "I know why - 'green eyes'......you're jealous" and not something a guy would say or even get involved in.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I often think back to this comment from one of Fanny’s Christmas vlogs last year:

freesi
9 hours ago
More than anything I wish I could leave my own family who doesn't give two cents about me behind and join yours this Christmas... and maybe stay like so many have... Everywhere I turn is sad and depressing except LaLande...

For these people it’s a cult. They don’t care if she ever does another thing to that heap. Just keep cranking out those vlogs. Her ego feeds off them like her bank account does her patrons. That’s what is truly sad and depressing.
It would have been lovely if SJ would do a share & win for those people. It's awful to spent special days alone.

@Jules100
Gurl, monitize your channel if you can and report back how much a criqtiue channel urns 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.