The Chateau Diaries #166 Awwww, Tattle made us do it….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with you, at the UN last week he looked so unhappy. She sat next to him grabbing his arm, at one point he pulled away. I don't think all is well with them.
Noticed that arm pull thing on their engagement day and said whoa.
Almost finsihed with the Bower book. Someone has said here Jarvis is not as strategic as Markle, and doesn't have a full battle map as Markle does. I think that's a good point.
I wanted to add though that the two of them share this princess fantasy, which is a top N symptom, and Markle like Jarvis appears to spend 18 hours a day confecting elaborate lies and initiatives, while firmly resisting any advice from experts. Like, Duchess, royal people do at least one low glam hospital visit, northern midlands factory tour, homeless shelter chat a day and you have done none. Likewise, enviro preaching = no private jets. Royal means no money-making on the side (she was outrageous), etc. But the amount of time Markle spent on the telephone with the LA PR farm she never gave up I think corresponds to the amount of time Jarvis spends "editing". A good word for what Markle does too. The shocking emptiness of what each thinks of as a big score or accomplishment -- the emporer's new clothes -- is also strikingly similar.
So you're a Christie's tastemaker? You invited George Clooney, who doesn't know you, to your wedding?
No sane person would think these are resumé-leading accomplishments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes we had the same- early 70’s- 4 bedrooms of different colored “shag” carpet. I thought my sister was so cool- she had black n white shag! 🙀 My parents room was red shag and my room was gold shag- those are the rooms I remember! I heard about the “rake” but I don’t think we were that cool to have a carpet rake! 😮
*Lots of vacuuming though- to fluff!
Or “Hoover-ing” as the Europeans say.
My friend from the north calls it “sweeping” which I had only associated with an actual broom. 😂😂😂
My sons friends, and also my son once upon a time, translate the french word for sweeping or to sweep - balayer - as brooming. It always has me howling. But in France we aspirate or passer l'aspirateur 😆

Yes we had the same- early 70’s- 4 bedrooms of different colored “shag” carpet. I thought my sister was so cool- she had black n white shag! 🙀 My parents room was red shag and my room was gold shag- those are the rooms I remember! I heard about the “rake” but I don’t think we were that cool to have a carpet rake! 😮
My friend from the north calls it “sweeping” which I had only associated with an actual broom. 😂😂😂
My sons friends, and also my son once upon a time, translate the french word for sweeping or to sweep - balayer - as brooming. It always has me howling. But in France we aspirate or passer l'aspirateur 😆

Reactions: 7
TBH, and just asking the question @Mme Flog, would you in your everyday life actually use so many swear words to make your point, in your every day conversation with your French neighbours? Therefore just asking, if not, why do you feel it is appropriate to do so here on TL?
We do at home, with our french neighbours (they swear a lot too). Even with my little 91 year old French lady I work fork but at her house she uses posh swear words. Gets it out of your system and makes you feel better.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
We are definitely not friends. If you think I’m your friend then you are in a parasocial relationship 😂. We are cyber gossipers and researchers united in one cause to get Stephanie Jarvis to show the association accounts.
Oh gosh!!!
I’m sorry to hear we are not friends!!! 😓
I seem to have lost the plot!!! 😂😂😂
I am to the point of could care less on the $$$ SJ rakes in- since I don’t have a dog in that race.
Or is it a horse in that race??? 🤷🏼‍♀️
I do enjoy the gossip about the Chateauverse though! As my friends do too!
I mean my gossipers and researchers!!!
That’s what friends do though! 💁🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm not a big fan of Anne Marie. I get the feeling that he doesn't really have a lot of confidence. Otherwise, why would he be living at the HMN and having a relationship with the Argentine Nazi? He's gotten by on his looks for most of his life (not my style - I go for the tall, dark, rugged type). He seems to thrive on being around domineering women. He'll do whatever they tell him to do with a smile on his face. He really has no responsibilities and a free place to live and eat. I think he lacks ambition and motivation. In other words, he's milk toast. Oh, I just had an image of Naughty Nati in a dominatrix costume and Anne Mairie on a leash!
I reckon Amaury is cut from the same Toile de Jouy as Fanny. Looks like he was given a business by his parents. When you've got a rich ma & pa in that family no need to work. So he tips up at the Chateau, Selmar ousted to make way for him. Promised who knows what by Fanny..that he & his gf will have the running of the chateau when Fanny does a runner from the chateau. All good. Bit of B&B, bit of carpentry, bit of watering of the garden. He doesn't strike me as someone who wants to set the world on fire so am guessing this career path suits him. Meanwhile both Fanny & Cuz know that if times are hard then there is the family fortune to fall back on.

Reactions: 22
I must be really behind- but this is the first I’m hearing that term- parasocial. Well I’m still learning!!!
*That means friends through social media? That’s what I’m guessing anyway. Without actually googling it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve referred to it as “cyber friends”. People I haven’t actually met.
My imaginary friends! All real! Realer than real!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I believe my mother voted for brexit as she hates Europe and hates the French more. She also reads The Daily Mail. She thought that if Britain exited Europe we would return to the UK. It backfired as previously stated we applied for French nationality. When I told her she ranted and raved and then pleaded with me not to "give up" my British nationality. She evidently has no understanding of dual nationality and I chose not to enlighten her.

I wouldn't call the process complicated, convoluted maybe, and the authorities have been very helpful. You do have to provide birth and marriage certificates translated by an official translator. We were told originally by someone in our local Mairie that they wanted these going back to great grandparents! This was misinformation. They wanted ours and our parents so that was easy. They also want a certificate of your understanding and spoken French. This again through a recognised language school. They ask for information such as schooling and school certificates gained and employment history. If you are not employed in France with a CDI or such employment contract they want proof that you can support yourself and not be a drain on the state. We applied through the immigration department of our Conseil Regional. The dossier came back once telling us exactly what we needed to do and supply and now we wait. They say it takes about 2 years. You get interviewed (swot up on french history) and as I understand they tell you there and then if you're in.
My Mum and mother in law both voted for it and still don't understand, so we've given up. Aren't a lot of things convoluted here :rolleyes: It all sounds possible for us then. He's self employed and I work for a French Agency, we're speaking french every day for work. We love our history so that will be right up our street. I can see us going this route before much longer.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
That's probably the reason SJ wanted Dan gone. That useless snake hated Dan being more popular then him and PJ wanted him out. So he is out!
The planting vlogs with banther between Dan and SJ was the final drop for PJ
I believe also there was some kind of ultimatum. Snort has whispered in her ear how Dan is taking advantage of her and steals her content. We don't give a sh*t about the pergola or any external works, Dan can vlog about it as much as he wants to, the reason why we're complaining is the lack of restoration.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
We do at home, with our french neighbours (they swear a lot too). Even with my little 91 year old French lady I work fork but at her house she uses posh swear words. Gets it out of your system and makes you feel better.
Nothing better than some "Gros mots' to get things off your chest 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
We have found in stressful situations, such as waiting in line a cpam or dealing with over officious medical secretaries, that "for fucks sake" muttered just loud enough for them to hear works wonders. Particularly if you've been speaking fluent French before hand 😉😆

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Found the perfect boots for Snorts to wear while “working” in the garden…

Cameltoes! 😄

93430E3F-658C-42E4-9438-FE689301511D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Brooming 🧹

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.