The Chateau Diaries #166 Awwww, Tattle made us do it….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TaylorH was still blinded by Stephanie and didn’t want to hear about our questions or concerns. I believe a different person than @Ladidah11.
TaylorH is a blinded fan.
All the comments were polite, but she didn't want to hear something that didn't match her beliefs.
I sincerely hope that she at least thinks a little about what she read.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I hardly ever watch GAG specifically because of the sickly sweet OTT letters, which if I am not imagining it, have progressively got longer and, longer. I always have to FF.
I have also noticed that they are opening fewer parcels too than they did in the early days. Could just be because the GAGs are shorter these days averaging 35 mins, whereas originally, between 45/55 mins.
Charitable donations listing has also not been updated since March 2022.
I noticed too, I assumed all the suckers are done cleaning out their attics... I noticed she's not getting the lavish stuff so much anymore also.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Calm yourself @Mme Flog go have a lie down in the shade with a large glass of chilled wine. I've just watched your follow up to your brexit rant.
S'okay, I'm calm. Ranting calms me :)

Good luck with your naturalisation. Which prefecture? We became dual nationals 2 years ago. Was a tough process but so worth the struggle.

• Heart
I am also into paranormal relationships. Or parasitic relationships or whatever you people were talking about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I wonder if Amoury is working on structural / permanent improvements or if he is working on things that can be removed and transported, for the eventual crumbling of the house of cards, or in this case the farmhouse of cards…
🧵 nom! Farmhouse of Cards!!!!! 🧵

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Om bleeping dog! "I bought it as a barthday present for myself this yer'!

I had a bleeping birthday this month and bought myself sweet F A!

Had it been Xmas it would have been an Xmas present, Easter, an Easter present, Halloween, a Halloween present. In fact it could have been any effing month and she would have bought it.

I cannot watch the poncy Dutchman poncing about panel planning. All effing staged to look like he has a job and is worth his weight in gold.
Arghhhhh :mad::mad:
..........and breathe....2,3,4........ I never got a birthday present this year either from myself or anyone else, so last season lol Every time that little scroat speaks I'd like to slap that smug face. I never believed from day one she was the impoverished person she's led so many to believe. It's distasteful, all of it and their demise cannot come quick enough. ps I got new glasses last year, got talked into to having varifocals, never worn them since as can't see duck all out of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That’s cool, I’ve never heard that term before and then to read it twice in these posts is a bit spooky! Off to check my dictionary to learn a new word! 😂
The younger set seem to be more aware of what a parasocial relationship is than some of us older folks…
Full disclosure, I learned what parasocial relationships were from my students….
And yes, it paaaarfectly describes the “relationship” the viewers feel that they have with Stephanie…

• Heart
Reactions: 17
..........and breathe....2,3,4........ I never got a birthday present this year either from myself or anyone else, so last season lol Every time that little scroat speaks I'd like to slap that smug face. I never believed from day one she was the impoverished person she's led so many to believe. It's distasteful, all of it and their demise cannot come quick enough. ps I got new glasses last year, got talked into to having varifocals, never worn them since as can't see duck all out of them.
My lovely sister gave me a going spare iMac :cool: Cos that's what people do lol
I love my varifocals but not these frames. I am off to buy another pair tomorrow in frames similar to the emoticon :cool: but not dark :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My lovely sister gave me a going spare iMac :cool: Cos that's what people do lol
I love my varifocals but not these frames. I am off to buy another pair tomorrow in frames similar to the emoticon :cool: but not dark :)
When I've got the varifocals on I'm walking about like friggin quasimodo, trying to get at least something in focus. I know they take a bit of getting use to but I've got no patience. Husband swears by them but then he can't function with out them. :oops: Blind as a 🦇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Was sitting on a terrace with my book today, when I read this ' a being completely without empathy has the capacity to drain empathy from others around them'. Why did I immediately think of Fanny?
Lol. Equally describes my mother!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My sentiments exactly. We've been here 15 years and I've only been back 5 times and have only been back in quick succession the last two due to my Mum's failing health. She said to me the other week when we were speaking on the phone 'once I'm gone, I'm guessing you'll hardly ever come back again', she's right. The reality of what Brexit has caused is only just beginning to make it's presence known. I had to renew my British passport last year too. Is it as complicated as I fear to apply for French Nationality as I think this will ultimately be our next step.
I'm so curious about the actual effects on peoples' lives. It's off topic I know, but it looks like a cataclysm from where I sit, reading the papers. As the political scene heads pearward like the US, under the pressure of culture wars and heating bills. And Prince Charles keeps taking bags of money from Arabs, over the vociferous objections of his closest....
Never mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The younger set seem to be more aware of what a parasocial relationship is than some of us older folks…
Full disclosure, I learned what parasocial relationships were from my students….
And yes, it paaaarfectly describes the “relationship” the viewers feel that they have with Stephanie…
I've heard of it before in terms of viewers of tv programmes & relationships with soap characters or stars. I just Googled it as I remember it was in study that formed part of an essay I wrote (many moons ago) & it was information from a text book (yes I know I'm old)!! Nothing new.
"A term coined by Horton and Wohl in 1956 to refer to a kind of psychological relationship experienced by members of an audience in their mediated encounters with certain performers in the mass media, particularly on television. Regular viewers come to feel that they know familiar television personalities almost as friends. Parasocial relationships psychologically resemble those of face-to-face interaction but they are of course mediated and one-sided."

• Heart
They seem like a nice couple, it's a shame they're wasting their time with bad reality tv. At first I thought it was more cringe than it really was. If they had done the cover with an accordion, it would sound like the Allo Allo intro. And of course Madame Edith... I mean, Mrs Stephanie Jassem, could charm us with her voice.
:O :O :O But.... It's Paaarrfect!!!

• Haha
Well it seems I’m giving my age away. Just read what parasocial means. We never had these experiences as youngsters. Good old fashioned face to face friendships and meetings. Watched River today too so now I also know what pegging means too 😂 Educational day.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t know about parasocial. All I know is that Snorts is a parasite that I wish would go parasailing without a parachute and head off to paradise (sorry…that went a little too far!). So to paraphrase this parable…when I see Snorts, SJ’s paramour, it’s like I’m in a parallel dimension, paralyzed by the parameters of his thoughts. ❤ I think I’m becoming paranoid…maybe I need a parakeet for emotional support? 😆
👏👏👏 quite excellent

• Haha
  • Heart
I watched Natty&Armoir Instagram a bit.
I can't shake the impression that Armoir is wasting time and talent. Look at that precision.
Why?
Especially if we take into account that the LL is a messy, damp and unheated building.
I'm really confused.
And when I remember that he still has to serve food, water the garden...
I'm even more confused.
I hope he gets paid very well for all that.
When that all goes pear shaped, I wonder if he'll have to pack up all his tit on his own and transport it back to the UK on his own $$

Well it seems I’m giving my age away. Just read what parasocial means. We never had these experiences as youngsters. Good old fashioned face to face friendships and meetings. Watched River today too so now I also know what pegging means too 😂 Educational day.
I wondered if it was a 'newer' word. It's a great one though..

Very nice! ❤ Actually, shag carpet can look very nice! But when I was a kid, we had wall-to-wall shag carpet in every room…in different bright colors! Yellow shag in the living room, light green shag in my bedroom, pink shag in my sister’s bedroom, and blue shag in the den. Looking back, it was tragic! And when it got matted down, my mother would pull out a clean garden rake and rake it back into shape! 😆
Yes we had the same- early 70’s- 4 bedrooms of different colored “shag” carpet. I thought my sister was so cool- she had black n white shag! 🙀 My parents room was red shag and my room was gold shag- those are the rooms I remember! I heard about the “rake” but I don’t think we were that cool to have a carpet rake! 😮
*Lots of vacuuming though- to fluff!
Or “Hoover-ing” as the Europeans say.
My friend from the north calls it “sweeping” which I had only associated with an actual broom. 😂😂😂

• Haha
I don’t know about parasocial. All I know is that Snorts is a parasite that I wish would go parasailing without a parachute and head off to paradise (sorry…that went a little too far!). So to paraphrase this parable…when I see Snorts, SJ’s paramour, it’s like I’m in a parallel dimension, paralyzed by the parameters of his thoughts. ❤ I think I’m becoming paranoid…maybe I need a parakeet for emotional support? 😆
Parafeect!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
TBH, and just asking the question @Mme Flog, would you in your everyday life actually use so many swear words to make your point, in your every day conversation with your French neighbours? Therefore just asking, if not, why do you feel it is appropriate to do so here on TL?
In my Art class yes. In my home yes. On my YT channel yes. With neighbours no.
Is there a rule about swearing here?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.