The Chateau Diaries #165 LieLande? Dull as dishwater, not even a parasitic hedgehog can save it now!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dearest chateau friends,

I have been exposed yet again to rich people trying to get internet strangers to enhance and pay for things that normal, not rich, people take care of on their own. I think it’s a bit much and don’t like it. In response, they have forced me to create my own post on tattle before someone else tries to steal my thoughts.

As you may know, YouTube’s Chateau Chat tries to shine a snarky flashlight on the nonsense of the chateauverse, but mostly Chateau Diaries, as a lot of the other chateau channels seem to have their stuff together, or at least try to. On Chateau Chat, I have three life goals I try to convey.

First: home. Because there is usually nothing new or special going on at the Chateau de Lalande, I have been chatting about the renovation going on at my house. It’s a 1950’s Florida ranch style house and the oldest house I’ve ever lived in. Having an old detached, fairly open to the elements laundry room is a bit of a hardship for this stay at home mom. An old carport that my car doesn’t fit into easily is also another bummer. My barrel tile roof is not a color I would have chosen and I’ll never be able to match my new two car garage roof to it, so I will have get a new one. Lots of contractors and tradesmen working together to complete a common goal. It truly is a beautiful thing.

Second: community. My South Florida neighborhood is desirable and the houses at the eastern end of my street are a bit expensive. My house is on the outskirts of this cute coastal enclave. After my house is fixed up on the outside, it should help everyone else’s property values go up. I think it will be one of the nicest houses to about 3/4 of the way down my street. So it’s a win-win for all. Having a better looking house to drive by on the way to and from their fancy places is always a plus.

Third: family. I am fairly certain that a lot of normal people have questions and concerns about the lack of progress happening at Lalande with all that money constantly coming in month after month. Lots of promises and big dreams, but no real results. Some people refer to the viewers that voice these normal observations as being trolls or haters, but I call them beautiful people and friends. Stephanie Jarvis has brought us all together, united in a search for truth and transparency.

Thank you for your continued support,
Jules or Julie or whatever

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
I wonder if she has a health issue that stops her? Trying to be nice here. I had a balance problem once that stopped me doing a lot, but wasn't obvious to others, so i probably just looked lazy.
I have wicked dizzy spells sometimes, it always sorts itself with the Epley maneuver.. When I work above my head (taping/plastering etc, I do my own reno's Fanny) I sometimes cause the vertigo again.. but can fix it... My ex has terrible dizzy spells, he falls a lot, but he won't do it, has had hospital stays etc, but won't try my way and doctors can't find a cause for him.

Even the most ferocious T Rex suffers from BPPV (the stupid rocks in my ears get all "cattywampus", which results in vertigo when looking up- it's real, and a shyte condition for one who sails...) I went to my doctor, "Fix me or I will eat your family!" My doctor did bloodwork, a CAT scan of my brain, and sent me to "The American Institute of Balance" (I thought it was a joke initially, as T Rex has been nicknamed "Grace" for her serious lack of it), who ran a bunch of tests and determined "You sleep on your left side, don't you? Here, try this little exercise, right now." It was literally the oddest yoga (and I seriously was like "WTF?!?") "Roll over with your head lowered below your body, shake your head and repeat." After the second pass, "Look up." "Are you f*cking insane?!? I will pass out." "Just do it." Me, stunned, "What?! How on earth did you cure me with your snake oil?!?" "The rocks in your ears are off balance- you can no longer sleep on your left side." Many people actually suffer from this, and instead of getting treatment, they just try to live life because they A) are scared it is something worse, B) don't want to admit something is wrong, or C) don't have health insurance or a good doctor, so they just live with it.

I am watching the Fleuries live Q&A, and applaud them on their achievement of 300K subscribers, and if ever there was a real, unscripted Q&A on Chateau life, this is it. They are amazing team, and tells it like it is- no scandal, no drama- they often butt heads, but don't put it into the YouTubiverse- they are pretty much the most real people on the Interwebz.
omg I just wrote the same thing LOL... about the vertigo..

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Dearest chateau friends,

I have been exposed yet again to rich people trying to get internet strangers to enhance and pay for things that normal, not rich, people take care of on their own. I think it’s a bit much and don’t like it. In response, they have forced me to create my own post on tattle before someone else tries to steal my thoughts.

As you may know, YouTube’s Chateau Chat tries to shine a snarky flashlight on the nonsense of the chateauverse, but mostly Chateau Diaries, as a lot of the other chateau channels seem to have their stuff together, or at least try to. On Chateau Chat, I have three life goals I try to convey.

First: home. Because there is usually nothing new or special going on at the Chateau de Lalande, I have been chatting about the renovation going on at my house. It’s a 1950’s Florida ranch style house and the oldest house I’ve ever lived in. Having an old detached, fairly open to the elements laundry room is a bit of a hardship for this stay at home mom. An old carport that my car doesn’t fit into easily is also another bummer. My barrel tile roof is not a color I would have chosen and I’ll never be able to match my new two car garage roof to it, so I will have get a new one. Lots of contractors and tradesmen working together to complete a common goal. It truly is a beautiful thing.

Second: community. My South Florida neighborhood is desirable and the houses at the eastern end of my street are a bit expensive. My house is on the outskirts of this cute coastal enclave. After my house is fixed up on the outside, it should help everyone else’s property values go up. I think it will be one of the nicest looking houses to about 3/4 of the way down my street. So it’s a win-win for all. Having a better looking house to drive by on the way to and from their fancy places is always a plus.

Third: family. I am fairly certain that a lot of normal people have questions and concerns about the lack of progress happening at Lalande with all that money constantly coming in month after month. Lots of promises and big dreams, but no real results. Some people refer to the viewers that voice these normal observations as being trolls or haters, but I call them beautiful people and friends. Stephanie Jarvis has brought us all together, united in a search for truth and transparency.

Thank you for your continued support,
Jules or Julie or whatever
@Jules, while you live in a 1950s home, there is much to be adored and kept (in original features if you can- the jalousie windows- while not so efficient, they are spectacular at adjusting to the breezes- it is something modern day homes lack, and are fabulous), terrazzo flooring (this flooring is under-rated- it is easy to clean and repair), and if you are lucky enough to own a home with the original 1950s tile in good nick, with clean grout, you can certainly keep it, as it adds to the original character (unless it is some wonky avocado green or orange- then, revamp it!) Metal roofs are the norm in South Florida (and they should be in all of Florida.) Get rid of the tile (they leak), and go straight up metal. I had a roofer recently inspect my roof (we had a pipe leak, but had to go down the rabbit hole, since we were not certain whether it was the roof or plumbing- overhead plumbing IS scary, and it took three plumbers to figure it out- thank God for the dude who would not give up- and traced it to our pool shower line), and stated, "This roof is a forever roof- it's much heavier and stronger than current roofs. If it leaks, it's from the screws that will fail before the roof. 'She ain't goin' nowhere, ol' girl!'")

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Even the most ferocious T Rex suffers from BPPV (the stupid rocks in my ears get all "cattywampus", which results in vertigo when looking up- it's real, and a shyte condition for one who sails...) I went to my doctor, "Fix me or I will eat your family!" My doctor did bloodwork, a CAT scan of my brain, and sent me to "The American Institute of Balance" (I thought it was a joke initially, as T Rex has been nicknamed "Grace" for her serious lack of it), who ran a bunch of tests and determined "You sleep on your left side, don't you? Here, try this little exercise, right now." It was literally the oddest yoga (and I seriously was like "WTF?!?") "Roll over with your head lowered below your body, shake your head and repeat." After the second pass, "Look up." "Are you f*cking insane?!? I will pass out." "Just do it." Me, stunned, "What?! How on earth did you cure me with your snake oil?!?" "The rocks in your ears are off balance- you can no longer sleep on your left side." Many people actually suffer from this, and instead of getting treatment, they just try to live life because they A) are scared it is something worse, B) don't want to admit something is wrong, or C) don't have health insurance or a good doctor, so they just live with it.

I am watching the Fleuries live Q&A, and applaud them on their achievement of 300K subscribers, and if ever there was a real, unscripted Q&A on Chateau life, this is it. They are amazing team, and tells it like it is- no scandal, no drama- they often butt heads, but don't put it into the YouTubiverse- they are pretty much the most real people on the Interwebz.
T Rex, those were loose crystals in your ear, and that must have been horrible. Those maneuvers that your Dr did put them back in place so you could properly detect motions and not become dizzy/nauseaous.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have wicked dizzy spells sometimes, it always sorts itself with the Epley maneuver.. When I work above my head (taping/plastering etc, I do my own reno's Fanny) I sometimes cause the vertigo again.. but can fix it... My ex has terrible dizzy spells, he falls a lot, but he won't do it, has had hospital stays etc, but won't try my way and doctors can't find a cause for him.

omg I just wrote the same thing LOL... about the vertigo..
I seriously did think it was not real, but when I did the "physical therapy" (wonky AF), learned, "Holy crap- it works!" I don't have to do it as much these days, but occasionally, wake up on my left side (which is seriously the most comfortable for me), and get dizzy looking at my sailboat mast in the back yard. I do the "silly" exercises, and BOOM! All is right with the world! My mum was a nurse, and I am the only person she knows who has it. So odd!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Man...why do all these chateau characters end up being so disappointing? Stephanie, Teabag, Marie, Selmar, Dan, and now Ollie? I can't even bring myself to watch the recent videos. I like Ollie, but I'm sure I won't once I watch. Who's next? Davy? Kirsty? Cat? SJ needs to stop encouraging her "friends" to start YT channels. She's ruining everyone. Everyone except for Dana...the only cool one left. I don't see Dana going down the Patreon route. I hope she stays that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
T Rex, those were loose crystals in your ear, and that must have been horrible. Those maneuvers that your Dr did put them back in place so you could properly detect motions and not become dizzy/nauseaous.
@Frenchie0810, I am eternally grateful to my doctor who referred me to the clinic (his family remains unscathed), and the one who diagnosed me, and helped me get my life back to normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I seriously did think it was not real, but when I did the "physical therapy" (wonky AF), learned, "Holy crap- it works!" I don't have to do it as much these days, but occasionally, wake up on my left side (which is seriously the most comfortable for me), and get dizzy looking at my sailboat mast in the back yard. I do the "silly" exercises, and BOOM! All is right with the world! My mum was a nurse, and I am the only person she knows who has it. So odd!
I've tried to tell people about it if they get vertigo, but they think I'm nuts... you can lead a horse to water... 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Man...why do all these chateau characters end up being so disappointing? Stephanie, Teabag, Marie, Selmar, Dan, and now Ollie? I can't even bring myself to watch the recent videos. I like Ollie, but I'm sure I won't once I watch. Who's next? Davy? Kirsty? Cat? SJ needs to stop encouraging her "friends" to start YT channels. She's ruining everyone. Everyone except for Dana...the only cool one left. I don't see Dana going down the Patreon route. I hope she stays that way.
Watch the Fleuries- they are pretty much a drama-free "normal" couple (like any other) who have renovated a Shitoo and don't soley rely on Patreon.

Reactions: 18
I've tried to tell people about it if they get vertigo, but they think I'm nuts... you can lead a horse to water... 🤷‍♀️
My dear, I am a healthy T Rex- I am badass in my own right! But the time when I looked up, saw stars and almost passed out was a sign- something is not right. I climbed ridiculously high heights in my heyday, and I am not one to go to the doctor unless something is off... But it was. I will never regret going.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Watch the Fleuries- they are pretty much a drama-free "normal" couple (like any other) who have renovated a Shitoo and don't soley rely on Patreon.
Ah, but the drama is the main reason why I like Lalande! I just want the old people to return...or new faces to show up. I wish she could go back to using Workaway. There used to be new people every week and now it's just the same old boring faces month after month. Amaury, Nati, Pavlina and of course Snorts....they all have NO personality. I'm sick of them!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
@Jules, while you live in a 1950s home, there is much to be adored and kept (in original features if you can- the jalousie windows- while not so efficient, they are spectacular at adjusting to the breezes- it is something modern day homes lack, and are fabulous), terrazzo flooring (this flooring is under-rated- it is easy to clean and repair), and if you are lucky enough to own a home with the original 1950s tile in good nick, with clean grout, you can certainly keep it, as it adds to the original character (unless it is some wonky avocado green or orange- then, revamp it!) Metal roofs are the norm in South Florida (and they should be in all of Florida.) Get rid of the tile (they leak), and go straight up metal. I had a roofer recently inspect my roof (we had a pipe leak, but had to go down the rabbit hole, since we were not certain whether it was the roof or plumbing- overhead plumbing IS scary, and it took three plumbers to figure it out- thank God for the dude who would not give up- and traced it to our pool shower line), and stated, "This roof is a forever roof- it's much heavier and stronger than current roofs. If it leaks, it's from the screws that will fail before the roof. 'She ain't goin' nowhere, ol' girl!'")
@T Rex, no jalousie windows, but I do have original terrazzo floors. Unfortunately they have been underneath carpet and tile for a very long time. We have uncovered some and if it were in better condition, I would love to keep it. Maybe I’ll pay for the terrazzo restoration with my tattle VIP paycheck?

I’m happy you & @Imperious Me are able to take care of your vertigo issues with a relatively simple fix.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That's really interesting about left-sided sleeping. I've never experienced vertigo or dizziness like that, but I do get nightmares whenever I sleep on my left side. Every time!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Well according to the cult that follows Fanny, we DO get paid very well to do this! 😆
Though not as much as Phyllis for doing????? Oh, right! For doing his boss, a.k.a his girlfriend, with the friendship ring...that she bought for herself...with Patreon money.
Yeah, I'm sitting here in the silk-mosquito-netting-draped fish shack lighting a big ole George Soros spliff with a George Soros $20 million bill, and picking the George Soros lobster out of my teeth.
Me and Johnny the Bonnie. And his George Soros swagger stick.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thought of SJ & Philly today, thanks to The Killers
"Well somebody told me you had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year
It's not confidential, I've got potential"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.