The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Percy posted he was celebrating his birthday with family and Isabelle's is soon. No visa is not the issue. When they want it, that's the issue. No rush, can't blame them.
I think they are just too old for all the tit. I mean who wants to live in a grubby commune and do loads of work because lazy Fanny never gets off her arse. Percy and Isabelle get stuck in and I think her Mum can't cope with mess or people being lazy because she is a worker. In the early ECDIY I used to look at the courtyard and think she has lived there for 15 years and not planted a single plant-that just needs a shovel and a few euros the answer was Fanny couldn't be bothered and yet she witters on about aesthetics all the time. Can you imagine living in all those unfinished rooms, wallpaper hanging off the walls it would drive me nuts. Start something see it through and then go on to the next project not start 20 things and finish none. Her bloody office is really annoying why start if you are not finishing?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm thinking of posting a comment on the CD vlog, but need help deciding which one:

Stephanie, having faithfully watched hours of footage of crockery in your vlogs, I feel I now have a good idea of what a plate looks like, so shall we move on?

Or

Stephanie, it's clear how fond you are of all your different sets of crockery. Have you thought about doing a vlog where you interview some of your favourite pieces?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
View attachment 1418505
Barbara O'Shea
15 hours ago
Chateau life: The known knowns, the unknown knowns and the unknown unknown Knowns. I think .........
Is Barbara referring to the people at the summer dinner and cocktail party?
Let me get this right the dinner was held last Sat and the cocktail party, Sunday - correct?
I too loved that comment the huge guy sitting on the couch made about him, his partner, Isobel and Scotsman being the only people there who have appropriate heating and insulation and that's why they were sat apart from the Chateau crowd.
The potager is doing fine as was witnessed in last night's vlog.
However, the forest garden maybe not so such - no surprises there then! And, that is why Stephanie Jarvis wouldn't allow anyone to film it.
Davey was there because he will be featured on C4 DIY talking about the forest garden, again another reason why SJ wouldn't let anybody film it as she was saving for C4 crew.
Whatever SJ, just hope that your patrons remain ever more patient. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 18
It's baffling to me too. They do eat tit. And you have to work very hard to do that in France in the high summer.
It kills me to see ingredients I'd give my left leg for so foolishly used.
Black currants as a sauce for duck, I have to say it's very 60s pretentious international cuisine, which was sort of okay. For much colder weather. You say clean vegetables. Exacto.
You have black currants? Nothing, I mean nothing, should prevent you from creating this essence of hugh summer black gold dessert.
Summer pudding- yes. Summer pudding is such a show stopper, fresh and easy to make. Imagine the berries available at the local markets at the moment. I assume the food budget is very small in keeping with SJ's meanness.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
a true whack. job
View attachment 1418161
Carol Weaver
5 hours ago
Wonder if anyone has thought about Stephanie and Philip Dolls. **With wardrobes and dancing, and programming of various events and outdoor work. Just all different things Stephanie and Philip may do! I would get a Patent but I do not know how. I think someone should IF Stephanie and Philip agreed, and yes, they go begin a line of selling the dolls like Barbie dolls used to be sold!?** It must be passed through Stephanie and Philip of course before anything begins but think it may be a wonderful thing to do and it will help give money to go for Chateau de Lalande and some to the ones who have the patent, of course, and doing the work of having everything made. It may well be fun for young girls to think they are playing in a castle and with furniture in a "Doll House" Like Chateau de La Lande!? I would love to be the person patenting it all, and getting it all done but not sure how or money to start it all. I do think it would be so exciting and a grand % of the money can go to Chateau de LaLande for money from ME and also to help with different things they give to each month, and maybe to fix up the Chateau even more nad quicker!!?? Well, I say quicker, but I think Amaury and Aeon and Dan have probably enough and can only go so fast. So not sure how quickly but more can be done! Apartments finished AND a GREAT way of heating the house!!! I would love to get a heating system that would heat ""all of the Chateau ""and maybe, just maybe this selling of the dolls and houses etc would do it!???? Especially at Holiday times!? But inflation especially in U.S. may kill us a bit, but yet we may well do it and very, very well! I love this idea but not sure if Stephanie and Philip would and if anyone can make this happen and keep me in mind,... so my money can be given a % to Chateau de LaLande from ME! ... as a Patron! ( Just as I thought of it all and wanted it to happen and think it will work out such fun for young people and help the chateau and perhaps help, as my money or % of what is made, out of the proceeds would go to Chateau de LaLande as well!? But a % of it would help me become a Patron at a nice high level? I would be giving back as well This would be my way of giving! I think this would be a fun way for many more even to know about this Vlog and become patrons too! They follow what Stephanie and Philip wear and drive and how they live and the fun they have, and then move on with time to people who are volunteering or paid to work at chateau De Lalande as well and friends of Chateau de Lalande. But we must begin with Stephanie and Philip and the Chateau. Then family and friends and I think this might work out If all give consent before the dolls are made? Such fantastic cooks!! Done with such artistry! It getts nicer and nicer al lthe time! Love the 80's clothes with pads!
Quick someone get in there now and Patent dolls and dolls houses before they do And save the world from such monstrosities.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
The photo of Stuart in the fancy pink dress, who's the guy wearing a tee shirt sitting at the end of the table ? Scruffy bugger, didn't he know the dress code ? I doubt if Fanny washed that pink playsuit, she just hung it on the washing line and took a photo ! When she showed the work on the pergola she didn't mention Dan did she ? Only Davey. Hmmm tick tock Dan !
He's a returning volunteer called Claus (I think?) who cycled all the way from somewhere 2 countries away - can't remember where exactly though! Probably only brings a rucksack so fancy "dinner party" gear is not part of his wardrobe. :D

Reactions: 15
REply to page 2 grow a nail long to scratch doors with???? True story of my sister, son grew one lon nail to pick nose with, second son grew one longer to stab him with, when he picked nose. Mother continued to bite her nails in despair that they would never grow up.

Grandmother, mother of son 1 and son 2 now encourages grandson to grow one nail long, has said when misson acomplished she will share how such a long nail should be used. . Ive often wondered if philips snorting is using long nail to either pick nose, using long nail to assit with placing some object up nose or sinus.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
She never plans a menu or shops for her guests. It's always "found" meals of whatever is left in the pantry/fridge and what can be scrounged from the garden. 16 people sharing 3 blackberries FFS!
I flicked through the flog just to see the food and table. The food is so "small", so stingy. The onion dish couldn't possibly be enough for 16 people. And the soup should have been presented in better bowls than that see-through glass thing. It looked like vomit. They just don't get it with anything they do.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It must be hard to come up with content week on week but it is seriously now scraping the barrel bordering on unwatchable. The haggling at charity shops and then taking stuff from charity to sell for profit is so odious. I liked the early diaries because the people were far more interesting, Teabag, Isabelle , FRK, the three Ian's etc and they all seemed to be happy and genuine friendships now it feels so forced you can almost sense the tension in the air. Fanny actually used to do things, cook for large groups single handedly, make curtains and have a laugh with others and at herself. In normal life or back at Uni Stef would never be friends with Steve and Sarah or that American shopaholic they are not a mix that sit well together it is all for the camera and they are not entertaining to watch and the whole dressing up to just sit in your own garden it is just so pretentious and she does seem to be ungracious to guests.
I agree, her vlog content has defo nosedived during the past year AND, progressively they have become really boring. Primarily due to no real restoration or renovation - which as we all know, is what SJ specifically promised all her Patrons. Same old shite, just a different day scenario!

As to the current inhabitants at the HMN :
SJ/PJ - won't even go there because it has all been said before. :sick:
I like Russian Maria, at least she has a SOH and is obviously really creative with courgettes, which is just as well. :giggle:
Outside of Dan's relationship situation, I think he is fine, he's just lost his way during the past year or so, primarily due to the N's influence - life happens and we all live and learn! Hopefully, it won't end too badly.
Pavlina still appears uncomfortable being at the HMN. Or is it just her personality type, i.e. serious/introvert? I am still on the fence where she is concerned regardless of her status.
Amaury/Nutti - couldn't give a toss about them as they seem so far up their own arses these days and obviously refuse to be on camera most of the time, except for when they are snogging like teenagers at the dinner table. So immature! 🤮
Just what exactly has Amaury been doing during the past year supposedly working 5 days a week, apart from the Marquis lower wall panelling and, of course, constantly tidying and locking up his workshop. They've made their bed and all that. :devilish:

Percy posted he was celebrating his birthday with family and Isabelle's is soon. No visa is not the issue. When they want it, that's the issue. No rush, can't blame them.
IJ's birthday is 17th July, only remember because same day as my sister's.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Is Barbara referring to the people at the summer dinner and cocktail party?
Let me get this right the dinner was held last Sat and the cocktail party, Sunday - correct?
I too loved that comment the huge guy sitting on the couch made about him, his partner, Isobel and Scotsman being the only people there who have appropriate heating and insulation and that's why they were sat apart from the Chateau crowd.
The potager is doing fine as was witnessed in last night's vlog.
However, the forest garden maybe not so such - no surprises there then! And, that is why Stephanie Jarvis wouldn't allow anyone to film it.
Davey was there because he will be featured on C4 DIY talking about the forest garden, again another reason why SJ wouldn't let anybody film it as she was saving for C4 crew.
Whatever SJ, just hope that your patrons remain ever more patient. :rolleyes:
Yeah Davey is the clue as to what they are filming for CH4. That garden was started and now they are concentration in a specific area to enhance so it looks good and established on the episode. That’s the only reason Stephanie Jarvis got onto that digger. It was in prep for a ch4.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Summer pudding- yes. Summer pudding is such a show stopper, fresh and easy to make. Imagine the berries available at the local markets at the moment. I assume the food budget is very small in keeping with SJ's meanness.
You generally make Summer Pudding with sliced white bread, defo not stale French baguettes/pastries, you just couldn't achieve the perfect finish/texture.
What I can't ever comprehend, is if you know you are giving a Summer Dinner Party for 16, wouldn't you first of all ask your gardener what is in season/available, then give that information to your "slave" AKA volunteer chefs what else they will need? AND, then buy/order all the other ingredients in readiness? Simples!
I know, I know - I am talking about miserly and unorganised SJ and the HMN here. :rolleyes:
The only time SJ is ever organised and on time is when C4 are filming. :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I had a friend whose sister had a boyfriend with long hair. That long hair (down to the butt) was hideous and made a man ugly (for my taste).
I once asked a friend why her sister's boyfriend doesn't cut his ugly, long, thin and eternally greasy hair.
The answer was that her sister adored his long hair. Shock, really.
So much for tastes.

I'm off to subscribe to the CD and then I'll unsubscribe in a couple of days. It hurts the YT algorithm and it's the only thing I can do. Don't forget that.
yes SJ mentioned they were almost reaching 200k subscribers, but didn’t they already reach that? Did a ton unsubscribe like me and many here?
Glad to know about the subscribe/unsubscribe spanner in the works for the algorithm!!

yes SJ mentioned they were almost reaching 200k subscribers, but didn’t they already reach that? Did a ton unsubscribe like me and many here?
Glad to know about the subscribe/unsubscribe spanner in the works for the algorithm!!
She celebrates reaching 100k subs. We here suspect she has been purchasing subs.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I flicked through the flog just to see the food and table. The food is so "small", so stingy. The onion dish couldn't possibly be enough for 16 people. And the soup should have been presented in better bowls than that see-through glass thing. It looked like vomit. They just don't get it with anything they do.
Don't you generally swirl cream/sour cream around a bowl of cold summer soup, rather than a huge quenelle of creme fraiche dumped in the middle? I thought this Stuart girl was a cordon bleu chef in training but being fair to her, she prob didn't have cream available in any event. Or, is the quenelle thing now a current trend? IDK!
I think the huge courgette filled with roasted onions was a side dish and a jokey way to use it by Stuart and Maria - one onion would have 100% been plenty enough for any guest.

Reactions: 9
a true whack. job
View attachment 1418161
Carol Weaver
5 hours ago
Wonder if anyone has thought about Stephanie and Philip Dolls. **With wardrobes and dancing, and programming of various events and outdoor work. Just all different things Stephanie and Philip may do! I would get a Patent but I do not know how. I think someone should IF Stephanie and Philip agreed, and yes, they go begin a line of selling the dolls like Barbie dolls used to be sold!?** It must be passed through Stephanie and Philip of course before anything begins but think it may be a wonderful thing to do and it will help give money to go for Chateau de Lalande and some to the ones who have the patent, of course, and doing the work of having everything made. It may well be fun for young girls to think they are playing in a castle and with furniture in a "Doll House" Like Chateau de La Lande!? I would love to be the person patenting it all, and getting it all done but not sure how or money to start it all. I do think it would be so exciting and a grand % of the money can go to Chateau de LaLande for money from ME and also to help with different things they give to each month, and maybe to fix up the Chateau even more nad quicker!!?? Well, I say quicker, but I think Amaury and Aeon and Dan have probably enough and can only go so fast. So not sure how quickly but more can be done! Apartments finished AND a GREAT way of heating the house!!! I would love to get a heating system that would heat ""all of the Chateau ""and maybe, just maybe this selling of the dolls and houses etc would do it!???? Especially at Holiday times!? But inflation especially in U.S. may kill us a bit, but yet we may well do it and very, very well! I love this idea but not sure if Stephanie and Philip would and if anyone can make this happen and keep me in mind,... so my money can be given a % to Chateau de LaLande from ME! ... as a Patron! ( Just as I thought of it all and wanted it to happen and think it will work out such fun for young people and help the chateau and perhaps help, as my money or % of what is made, out of the proceeds would go to Chateau de LaLande as well!? But a % of it would help me become a Patron at a nice high level? I would be giving back as well This would be my way of giving! I think this would be a fun way for many more even to know about this Vlog and become patrons too! They follow what Stephanie and Philip wear and drive and how they live and the fun they have, and then move on with time to people who are volunteering or paid to work at chateau De Lalande as well and friends of Chateau de Lalande. But we must begin with Stephanie and Philip and the Chateau. Then family and friends and I think this might work out If all give consent before the dolls are made? Such fantastic cooks!! Done with such artistry! It getts nicer and nicer al lthe time! Love the 80's clothes with pads!
just get a Barbie and let it melt a little in the oven, then dress it in Barbie fashion from the 80s… SJ sorted! Then for PhiPhi use a skipper doll… leave it in a hot car for a week tolet the hair frizz out… dress it in Barbie fashions from the 90s and a couple of Victorian costume pieces… and make sure to stuff a Barbie slipper down the front of the pants for optimum awkward bulging!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
just get a Barbie and let it melt a little in the oven, then dress it in Barbie fashion from the 80s… SJ sorted! Then for PhiPhi use a skipper doll… leave it in a hot car for a week tolet the hair frizz out… dress it in Barbie fashions from the 90s and a couple of Victorian costume pieces… and make sure to stuff a Barbie slipper down the front of the pants for optimum awkward bulging!
54D9A504-9D20-45FF-B709-3328B67AF7E9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Influencer events. Thank you for this insight and the link.
Little Annie Fanny finally got a sponsor!!!!! Do you think meat was served because Isobelle was footing the grocery bill?
Here's my menu for the next influencer event dinner party with all the usual suspects, straight out of the Lalande Cookbook: 101 Avaricious Ways to Tell Your Friends, Employees and Paying Guests to Eat Your Dust.

Zucchini-Tinis

Cold Thai Zucchini Soup with Coconut Milk
Zucchini Latkes with Red Pepper Jelly
Zucchini Terrine, with No Meat, and Black Currant Sauce
Ratatouille
Green Bean and Potato Salad with Thyme, Fennel, Celery, Lemon Balm, Sage, Rosemary, Oregano and Mint Flowers
Loaf of Affliction
Hippie Zucchini Spice Bread

(At least some of these recipes are eminently worth your while. But honestlt I couldn't face the zucchini chocolate cake one.)
Thank you so much for the recipe . I have a huge zucchini I need to use ! I love ,love ,love all your recipes and recommendations and food combinations…(Still looking for my white trash cookbook, I know I have it but it is amongst my obscene collection…so it’s been hard to locate!)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think they are just too old for all the tit. I mean who wants to live in a grubby commune and do loads of work because lazy Fanny never gets off her arse. Percy and Isabelle get stuck in and I think her Mum can't cope with mess or people being lazy because she is a worker. In the early ECDIY I used to look at the courtyard and think she has lived there for 15 years and not planted a single plant-that just needs a shovel and a few euros the answer was Fanny couldn't be bothered and yet she witters on about aesthetics all the time. Can you imagine living in all those unfinished rooms, wallpaper hanging off the walls it would drive me nuts. Start something see it through and then go on to the next project not start 20 things and finish none. Her bloody office is really annoying why start if you are not finishing?
Her apartment must be scorching hot without AC, and why go there to look at the mess, dirt and lack of even basic minimal tidying. I'd start yelling also the moment I'd step inside the house. A bunch of lazy squatters living there like pigs. It's too much for Madame Poppins if nobody cleans after themselves. We see the same stains week after week only growing :sick: Infuriating.

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.