The Chateau Diaries #160 A Slugabed & an Ultracrepidarian Fudgel all day. More Is More.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1414506
View attachment 1414502

Stephanie Jarivs' and Philip Janssen's new friend, Isobella Snook/One Hundred Stars, is having problems with her IG bio, @babygermain.
Maybe, Marie Wiik could help her out???

On Friday, her IG bio stated she was the creative director. On Sunday, that was changed to sales and marketing manager and Sunday night her IG account went silent. Her account is public again but her IG bio has been edited; Sales & Marketing Manager + Designer @onehundredstars.
Clearly everyone that comes into contact with Fanny has an identity crisis…they can’t decide how to describe themselves!

Apologies if this has already been posted.
This is another middle finger to patrons who have to wait until it's broadcast in the autumn.
How do we know CH4 DIY is filming:
- It's the only time Scotman is invited to the shiteau
- Fanny get's her roots coloured and hair done
My guess is they've turned Daddy's art work into wallpaper (hope Fanny has her coloured pencils close by).

Secret Project!

Hello everyone!
I want to let you all know that tonight's Patreon video will be out on Friday instead of today. We are filming an additional small project for Chateau DIY, which has turned out to be both far more exciting - and more time-consuming - than expected!
Throughout the night, we'll continue working on the project and I'll be filming a behind-the-scenes video of it for you, which I will release as soon as it launches on Channel 4 in the UK. Our wait won't be very long this time as the new series should be out in the early autumn. You will all see it before it's shown on The Chateau Diaries.
I can't describe how excited I am at the thought of sharing it with you all! Whilst the project is small, it's very emotional because it's linked to my father's art. As a little hint, it has something to do with the painting shown here...
See you on Friday in a special Patreon video about a wonderful piece of furniture that I've bought for the grand salon, and, until then
Lots of love from Lalande,
Stephanie x
View attachment 1415432
Oooooo what are those??
1657757437867.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wow had a look on tiktok and found this update. A real nutter!
One of Huck Finn's most famous philosophical discussions with Jim is about how people who speak French are not men -- what makes a man is something a slave like Jim, and some of the rest of us, are concerned with.

Nicolas Feuillatte it is quite cheap a bit like the 1970's carb fest buffet.
Flashing on some effery from back in my kitchen wench days.
Some very fancy wine society guys decided they would grace our restaurant with their society dinner.
They had two conditions.
No female waiters, because their perfume would interfere with the wine tasting.
And no flowers on the table, ditto ditto ditto.
So the female exec chef who, like all of us, smelled like cheese parings, garlic and Fryolater at the best of times, sent to wait on these aholes our very most cologne-soaked gay waiters.
Short story long, do you think the table had no flowers because of the service of the Nicolas Feuillatte? Was Pheeph wearing some of his Venetian cologne?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m not a regular poster (slight understatement!) but have been watching since lockdown and here for ages and regular Tattle follower – however one thing that puzzles me is that if anyone buys one of these heritage homes, is there not some kind of responsibility to improve its issues – like rising damp, crumbling facade and rotten windows to name but a few ? I know her shittoo is not heritage listed and we see she has no respect for the history of the place or a genuine wish to fix the issues and bring it back to where it once was – but in France is there no local or government body keeping an eye on these buildings – the one’s that are lived in on a permanent basis – not the empty abandoned one’s ? I think I know the answer to my own question but as a lover of old homes it breaks my heart to see how she disrespects this building, whether it be a chateau or a farmhouse. I cannot watch her anymore and get all my info on her here on Tattle – but it is all just so wrong – and don’t get me started on the gag!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
PPS I am not trying to sound like a pompous twit and I am not normally pedantic but anything I find them doing wrong is just grating on me so much because they are so pretentious and superior (yes I am being a pretentious pedant, I apologise and I will take more water with it)
Don't beat yourself up....you're technically not wrong and neither is someone who says the company is German. I asked my husband, who had Villeroy & Boch as a client for many, many years. He was a manufacturer rep for higher end, to-the-trade-only, primarily European, kitchen and bath lines. He made many trips to V & B's headquarters in Germany over the course of 30 years, which he said was a very, very old monk's abbey that had been part of the company since the 1800's. He said that everyone he came in contact with pronounced Boch with a hard "ch" at the end and that is how he pronounces it. That said, the company has a very strong foundation in France, as the founder of the Boch factory was French and the founder of Villeroy was in a part of Europe that was owned by France, that at some point split off and became part of Germany. He couldn't remember the exact timeframe and so I looked it all up online, as now I'm really interested in learning about the French connection! I always considered that they were German myself!

I just looked it up.....here's a link.

Boch was from France in an area that was in Lorraine - In 1809 he bought a Benedictine abbey in Mettlach, Germany. Villeroy was in an area that is now called Wallerfangen, which is on the French border and was a Duchy of Lorraine, so he was not far from Boch. They merged their businesses in 1836 as a way to remain competitive against the English market.

Per Wikipedia, here's the deal about the area Villeroy began, before he merged with Boch:

Wallerfangen is a municipality of Saarlouis district, Saarland, Germany. Located west of Saarlouis and along the French border, it is the seat of the villages of Ittersdorf, Ihn, Leidingen, St. Barbara, Kerlingen, Gisingen, Rammelfangen, Oberlimberg, Bedersdorf, and Düren.

History
Formerly called Walderfinga, it was established by the Duchy of Lorraine, and belonged to the Duchy until the Napoleonic Wars in the late 18th century, at which time it came under French control. Up until 1687, Wallerfangen possessed town privileges. In that year, the fortifications and most of the buildings were destroyed and the inhabitants were moved to the newly found town-fortress of Saarlouis.

In 1815, under the Treaty of Paris, Prussia assumed control of the area. For all intents and purposes, it remained in the possession of the German Federation of States until 1919. The Treaty of Versailles created an independent and autonomous territory of Saargebiet, administered by France and the League of Nations until 1935. Under the terms of Versailles, the citizens of the Saargebiet voted to become part of Germany, doing so in spite of Adolf Hitler having assumed power in 1933.

World War II brought much despair and bloodshed for Wallerfangen and its citizens. Being the western border of the German Reich, the area became a battleground in 1944/45, and the area was evacuated en masse twice. After World War II, Wallerfangen belonged to the newly independent, but French-controlled, Saarland.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It struck me M&M had no footage whatsoever of Fanny associating with them, Steve got her at the table, no interaction with him... and him and the Mrs took holiday snaps by the fountain, nobody around again... So do we assume Fanny shows up to eat, but her guests are left to their own devices 23hrs a day? She really is socially awkward unless she's in character as her alter ego. Maria did all the cooking, what was Fanny up to all day?
Beginning to wonder if it’s “up her nose” all day? This is just a guess/speculating on my part- but I have seen some references before about where does the $30K+ go every month??? Up their noses???
***Also notice lately others saying SJ is socially awkward/shy- but I have never seen that side of her. She’s always hyper into all the talk in her vlogs.

Reactions: 13
Beginning to wonder if it’s “up her nose” all day? This is just a guess/speculating on my part- but I have seen some references before about where does the $30K+ go every month??? Up their noses???
***Also notice lately others saying SJ is socially awkward/shy- but I have never seen that side of her. She’s always hyper into all the talk in her vlogs.
that's a thought.. Yes she's hyper when she's talking to a camera (herself basically) but put her in front of humans and unless their her 'crowd', she's lost.

Seriously. We are discussing skin cream?
FANNYS skin cream... Which makes it Shiteau related...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think when people get too comfortable at Lalande, it makes Stephanie uncomfortable.
She is also jealous of other people. People loved Micheal, talented and they wanted to see more of him. Her minions loved Selmar, thought he was loving, lover of animals, he was getting more gifts… people wanted to see more of Dan, questioning, “where is Dan.?”. When they loved Amuary, she made sure he was not in a lot of videos. She wants all the attention, the glory, me, me, me!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Well well, she leaves it until 11pm (French time) to tell us non Patreons that she isn't posting - disrespectful.
And not that bloody painting again.......... I dread to think what is happening with that
Please tell me she hasn't wallpapered the chapel in daddys christmas wrap??

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Yesterday's, 7/12/22, gift grab live chat...

View attachment 1411894
Judy Nail Can anyone help? I tried to send a gift from USA Amazon to the chateau but received a warning that they can not ship there. It didn't explain why. Does anyone know?
Angela Pa Hi Judy you should ask Nati .
Kirsty Nash they get amazon deliveries direct all the time so don’t know why you got this message
Judy Nail @Carleen Poppy I know for certain I've seen amazon packages
Jenny Willow @Judy Nail. it might depend on what you are sending. Some companies only ship in their own country and some products are restricted for export
Sarah Yates Have you tried looking on Amazon France to see if they stock the item you wish to send? Sometimes that works!!

(y)
Diana Elizabeth Bashford Please remember to press the thumbs up button

View attachment 1411880
Isabelle Jarvis Good evening Lalanders love
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks Hiii I am in the HOUSE! Wooooo
Percy Attfield Hello the legion
Philip Janssen Hi everyone!
Jason Dubey Hello from Lake Tahoe

View attachment 1411871
Philip Janssen @Céleste Hiya! Very well, thank you :)
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks @Philip Janssen Hiiiii my friend, how are you? When is Steps birthday?
Philip Janssen @Céleste It’s August 18th!

View attachment 1411855
CA Garden @Philip Janssen Hi! Was wondering if Stephanie and you are planning a project with Christine, YT Sewstine. Hope so.
Philip Janssen @CA Garden We met her via a Zoom call not too long ago and we have talked about meeting in the future - she is an absolute delight and very very talented!
CA Garden @Philip Janssen How exciting! It would be wonderful if all of you could meet in the future in Venice during the festival in period costumes. Yes, her 18th costumes are breathtaking.
Philip Janssen @CA Garden That’s a great idea!!

View attachment 1411125
Jason Dubey Don't lick it Gerald!
Isabelle Jarvis Lovely stickers

View attachment 1411112
Jason Dubey Just what you need! MORE FABRIC....Yay!!!
Jason Dubey I think I will send some boxes of fabrics to Lalande next time....LOL

View attachment 1411106
Jason Dubey @GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks Hey Grand Empress!! How goes it?
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks@Jason Dubey apart from missing my FAVORITE Chateau and LAlanders, I am PERFECTLY Well. Internal transformation BIG TIME
Jason Dubey @GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks Sounds good G.I...!
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks @Jason Dubey Thank you! I am excited!
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks @Jason Dubey OR GRAND IPR
Jason Dubey Its G I....LOL! how about Grandi?
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks @Jason Dubey people who join my community are GRANDERS

View attachment 1411090
Jason Dubey I always snack on peanuts and look at my bills when I watch this, but once I start nibbling I can't stop. I'm going to be fat again tomorrow...

View attachment 1411088
Sarah Yates They do patterns for fabric dolls, rabbits, other little wild animals and birds, so gorgeous very shabby chic
Lisa Akinlabi I can see a sewing workshop weekend in the future!! That would be fun!
Jason Dubey @Chateau Unwrapped! You could also do small table cloths for all the rooms. There is something for each room.
Isabelle Jarvis Beautiful fabric. Best wishes of success.

View attachment 1411086
Jason Dubey It's all about PR.!

View attachment 1411070
Jason Dubey @Philip Janssen How did the hair turn out?? Are you now officially a Ginger?..Did we see the after, or just the before?
Philip Janssen @Jason Dubey It turned out exactly as I’d hoped! :) You’re seeing the after now
Lisa Akinlabi BTW love your hair colour @Philip Janssen
Philip Janssen @Lisa Akinlabi Thank you!

View attachment 1411076
GRAND IPR The EMPRESS of Trade Marks @Philip Janssen Ooooooh RACEY

View attachment 1411063
SharonHello @IsabelleJarvis Mummy. Hope to see you soon at LaLande
Isabelle Jarvis Sharon sometime in August we hope.
M Parker I have to say that when I saw the title of yesterday's vlog, I actually jumped up and down and squealed "Mummy's back, Mummy's back, Mummy's back!" The peachicks weren't quite Mummy, but so darling!!!

View attachment 1411058
Lisa Akinlabi @Philip Janssen a little birdy told me there was a fun party on the weekend - hope everyone vlogs it
Philip Janssen @Lisa Akinlabi Maybe!

View attachment 1411054
Jenny Willow I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight thinking of the hedgehog army taking over the chateau like an episode of Dr Who.

View attachment 1411056
Jason Dubey The Plant I gave the Chateau!!!!1
Jason Dubey It's clipboard time at Lalande Summer Camp !
Jason Dubey LOL that's funny
Jason Dubey This is a really good idea. Very thoughtful
Jason Dubey How cute is that
Jason Dubey You guys are cracking me up today @Philip Janssen
Jason Dubey The Bills are sorted and everything is current!! Woohoo
Jason Dubey That is true
Jason Dubey Drum roll please

View attachment 1411045
Lee Kempter Hello wonderful Davie!! How much I enjoy you and your work. Sometime will you tell us how you decided to do the work you do? Where did you study?

View attachment 1411034
JULY 5, 2021, Joy Kajiwara 👆
Sweet Baby J Sorry I’m late, whose the lady sitting next to Davey
Sidra Shirazi New volunteer @Sweet baby j
Sweet Baby J Do we know the new volunteers name?

View attachment 1411019
Stationery🤫
Isabelle Jarvis Beautiful and fun stationary

View attachment 1411930
Sweet Baby J @Gerry Grady, how long are you staying at the chateau?
Gerald Grady Just till Thursday Sweet Baby, got some filming for British TV (@34:28)
Sweet Baby J How often do you get recognized @Gerry Grady? Must be fun!
Gerald Grady Just till Thursday Sweet Baby, got some filming for British TV (@34:36)

View attachment 1410999
M Parker @Philip Janssen are you seeing our awesome LaLande Door Signs ideas thread?
Philip Janssen @M Parker Oh! I think I’ve missed that :)
M Parker @Philip Janssen signs for us LaLanders to hang on their doorknobs during vlogs, which you could sell at the shop
Philip Janssen @M Parker Aww!
M Parker @Philip Janssen they could say such things as "Go Away! LaLande Self Care Time Occurring" or "Quiet Please, Porcelain Meditation in Progress"
Philip Janssen @M Parker Porcelain meditation
M Parker @Philip Janssen and they could feature art work from resident artists such as Derek, Andie, Ollie, Michael, etc

View attachment 1410993
Sweet Baby J It would be fun to do some type of murder mystery dinner theatre for bnb guests some nights, so many talented residents
Sweet Baby J I wish Natti would have sterilized those earring before wearing them, you never know

(y)
Lori Foster Thumbs up y'all

View attachment 1410992
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here.
Jason Dubey Ciao
Gerald Grady Night night lovely sunshine Lalanders
Sweet Baby J Goodnight chateau friends
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but that’s Ruth on the far left. Maybe Potts and Ruth are not split up?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh and thank you Jules for the avatar pic - not sure of the copywrite issues, but would it be okay to put on my Facebook page too?
@UvulaDonor, you can do whatever you want with your bespoke tile, hopefully re-tile your kitchen or bathroom backsplash with it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
[QUOT
You just reminded me, my dad was a nightmare if he couldn't park outside our house, we lived in a seaside town so weekends were busy and holidaymakers would park everywhere. He'd pace from the time he got in, back and forth at the front window... till he caught the culprit coming up the street, go out and accost them for taking 'his' parking spot, then rush to his car way up the road and race back to rev at them till they pulled away LOL... omg he was a terror, you should have heard him Saturday afternoons when wrestling came on... On Monday at work people would ask me if everything was ok at home!! Ex army so his voice would boom!!
OMG. My dad would work half day on a Saturday. Go to the pub for a couple of pints and then come home and watch the wrestling, invariably nodding off but, as soon as we kids changed channels (no remotes in those days so the TV button would clunk) and he would instantly be awake., therefore back to the wrestling! :D

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.