The Chateau Diaries #160 A Slugabed & an Ultracrepidarian Fudgel all day. More Is More.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Tilda designs are bright and colourful and I understand why Tilda fabrics would be well regarding by crafters and quilters. However, my issue is that Fanny doesn't try. At one time, I think Fanny may have tried, but now she has money she just spends without any regard for taste - it's just I want, I want, I want, but still putting on a poor girl persona.

If Fanny tried, she wouldn't:
  • overstuff her chateau with a mish-mash of crap from Grabeaux and Emaus.
  • let Snorty fill up the place, inside and out, with stuffed toys and tacky animal ornaments
  • spend good money on broken items which she doesn't fix
If Fanny tried, she would:
  • realize she lives in a farmhouse and not a chateau and decorate accordingly
  • have a coherent, singular design aesthetic
  • understand quality over quantity
  • properly display her fathers art, instead of throw it up throughout the farmhouse
  • decorate rooms so they flowed together, transitioned seamlessly and didn't feel disjointed and choppy in both style and colour
  • understand how to curate a few pieces to tell a story
  • hire professionals to do work she's proven herself not capable of doing, like wallpapering
  • understand that without proper renovation, any decoration she's doing is simply putting lipstick on a pig
  • clean up & paint the place - a pretty dinner setting doesn't make up for a shabby unkept environment
All very good points, particularly her lack of understanding of the difference between cost and value or, as you say, "quality over quantity".

I'd also add that Stephanie is spectacularly lazy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
View attachment 1410609

Devine one! (that's you^)
How you feeling, have you missed me? how's the Covid?

Firstly, Alexander haha don't get me started on him, lets just say not as interesting when it speaks.
I got a hair cut on Friday, and been pretty busy all weekend, helping a friend out, he's working of some videos for the internet, so iv been giving him some under table motivation, if you get what i mean, it was so hot under there, he insists on keeping his Aga lit.

Tell me more about this pizza Delivery man? My dominos guy is so "darling" he's ginger with arms like two rocks, pale skin and a smile that makes you melt inside, god I love a man in uniform.

@Jules100 quick one has Jason Dubey tapped you for a show at his rented unit gallery? The show could be called the Tattle talent.

Anyways @HalcyonOrganic missed you.
But.. but everything seemed so obvious that you… but ok.

the pizza guy was an early 20s twink, and my taste and smell senses aren’t back full.

just keep in mind that I’ll be watching you from now on. Bewaaaaaaare…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A Scavenger Hunt at Stephanie's Fete Champetre is an inspired idea. Nothing like a few (children's) party games to break the ice.

Patrons will particularly enjoy Lalande's version of Pin The Tail On The Donkey: Blindfold Wallpaper Hanging.
Oooh they could make carnival games to win a prize, so thoughtfully donated by grannies from across the sea.
Wallpaper Peel - peel the biggest piece of wallpaper off the office / boudoir wall
Guess the number of stuffed hedgehogs in the chateau
Scrub dub dub - scrub five China pantry tiles in the fastest time
Guess the number of falling down shutters

and now it’s your turn..

• Haha
Reactions: 24
But.. but everything seemed so obvious that you… but ok.

the pizza guy was an early 20s twink, and my taste and smell senses aren’t back full.

just keep in mind that I’ll be watching you from now on. Bewaaaaaaare…
Scooby,
I hate to be the barer of bad news, I'm not Alexander, but you keep watching me by all means, mite I suggest keeping some lotion close to hand, id hate for you get to friction burn.
Love that for you, sometime you just need a 10 inch meat feast, did he find your back entrance ok? haha
glad your doing ok though, my taste and smell have never fully come back and i had it in 2020.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
All very good points, particularly her lack of understanding of the difference between cost and value or, as you say, "quality over quantity".

I'd also add that Stephanie is spectacularly lazy.
Fanny would definitely win gold medals for laziness, lying, and grifting if there was an Olympics for con artists. She would be too lazy to go pick up the medals so most likely would accept her dubious honors from her bed purchased with grifted money while guzzling free champagne and eating grifted snacks out of grifted china. All while wearing her newly grifted 100 Stars robe. It’s so Lie Lande!

Fanny thinks the shiteau is Buckingham Palace. She's going to rope off the rooms (especially the downstairs loo), so people on the guided tours can just peep inside.
View attachment 1410189View attachment 1410191
She should be roping off all the unstable dangerous areas in the Dump. Wait, if she does that, the tour will only 10 minutes and then people will be shuffled to the courtyard for their warm egg sandwich and a warm plastic cup full of tepid wine from a box.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I have to defend the designer. I like the fabrics very much and they are very on trend for “grandmillenial style” that is hot with the youngs right now. I like Shabby Chic as well. I also like Maximalism. I like antiques. I like porcelain. I like silver. I like flowers. I like gardening. Fanny tries, but her execution is somewhat poor. She doesn’t quite have the knack. She knows what’s expensive, and she copies, but she doesn’t have the knack.
The fabric is quite lovely and here is one of the free quilt designs that is very on the nose.
7F399742-25D5-44B9-94B8-EB6C8E6683BB.png

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Fanny would definitely win gold medals for laziness, lying, and grifting if there was an Olympics for con artists. She would be too lazy to go pick up the medals so most likely would accept her dubious honors from her bed purchased with grifted money while guzzling free champagne and eating grifted snacks out of grifted china. All while wearing her newly grifted 100 Stars robe. It’s so Lie Lande!

She should be roping off all the unstable dangerous areas in the Dump. Wait, if she does that, the tour will only 10 minutes and then people will be shuffled to the courtyard for their warm egg sandwich and a warm plastic cup full of tepid wine from a box.
Just wait until one of the grannies slips and falls down the terrace stairs. Cyril only cleaned the weeds off of one side of the decrepit staircase. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen so Fanny better have her insurance paid up!

Reactions: 21
Me too, growing up in the UK in the 60's and 70's, but braces were a rarity. My brother had one on a plate and it was totally disgusting. I was supposed to have the train tracks fixed to my teeth (had 8 milk teeth out in preparation) but the orthodontist wanted to cut the inside of my mouth about to accommodate the fixings. So I said no way. My mum would have gone for it though if my dad hadn't stepped in and told her it was barbaric. I don't remember any of my friends or other family having them. Now I think it's virtually obligatory! In France dental care is covered up to 18 and a bulk of orthodontic work included. Doesn't mean it's right, imho. Vanessa Paradis never got her gap closed, nor Jane Birkin and the list goes on. Maybe the guy from the Pogues is a bit extreme... There's a lot to be said for quirky.
I just remember a lot of kids having them, I wanted them and dentist suggested I should, but Mum wouldn't go for it... Dad was in the army though, maybe it was all covered, so made a difference.. not sure..

Reactions: 8
He is certainly struggling. Stephanie Jarvis has mentioned to several people that she thinks it's time for him to move on. Never a good sign when she starts referring to someone else's interest in terms like 'It would be better for him to....' and 'I would understand if he would...'
Dan however strikes me as particularly hard headed and not very good at reading a room: he will be struggling a lot longer before he sees the light. If Jarvis does want him out pronto, she'd best play her cards right with her cuz and let him do the dirty work. Knowing Stephanie Jarvis that plan has already set in motion.
Dan is being Selmarized and is getting Cuz to slowly push him out of the Dump. Fanny has been grooming Kirsty to be a Dan replacement as far as generating video content. I think that may be why Ñutty is suddenly going on trips with Annalise and Annalise is being celebrated and included in videos.

Passive aggressive mean girl Fanny is pushing him out and doing as she did with Marie and Selmar. Can’t you see Fanny saying with a concerned look on her face, “ Dan has gone through so much this past year and it is understandable that he would like a change. We wish him the best and will always be great friends. He will always be welcome at the Dump.” Dan will never be seen again except for a brief visit or mention. Rinse and repeat, another day at LieLande. Phillip may be up next.

Reactions: 32
Re @Clara Burnett’s comments: what does Dan expect Stephanie to do? I am not Stephending but what does he expect? She has been housing him for 10 months. Providing him with some badly performed work (apart from lawn mowing). During this time he has travelled, partied, got new teeth and bought a motorcycle (I suspect another of Matt’s fire sale items). He left his home, partner and children. He now needs to get a more secure job and find somewhere to live. I predicted pre separation news Annaleise would take children back to UK this summer. Maybe it will actually be Dan who goes back to UK to find himself. Or he will be off travelling Europe, on his bike with his beads and teeth shooting reels like a millennial on TikTok.
You are so right! Dan has boxed himself into a corner. Botch job times at Lalande are over and he isn't of any help to Amaury.

Reactions: 27
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
He threw it all away for what............nothing, I'm guessing. Annalise seems to have moved on. Silly silly fool of a man to have been drawn in by it all. Or is there still something we are yet to find out as to what actually happened 🤷‍♀️
P
Oooh they could make carnival games to win a prize, so thoughtfully donated by grannies from across the sea.
Wallpaper Peel - peel the biggest piece of wallpaper off the office / boudoir wall
Guess the number of stuffed hedgehogs in the chateau
Scrub dub dub - scrub five China pantry tiles in the fastest time
Guess the number of falling down shutters

and now it’s your turn..
Maybe they could have a race to see which guest can create the most fake accounts and post glowing gushing comments about the Shittelaine and the Porcelain fondler on their YouTube channels. The prize can be a mystery gift from rejected Emmaus donations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
All the Aussie will know this ..... and it drives me insane ....... especially when footballers say it ......

"Yeah No" :rolleyes::mad:
But what about...

"Yeah no but"

A popular south of the river phrase 🤣

Of course they do. Cats are Gods, even if they like chasing me!
They are the guardians of the underworld in Egyptian civilisation 😼😽 Never underestimate a cat.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I say perf all the time I shall stop. I also can’t spell, I’m sorry if my ignorance offends all y'all.
My grandmother, the biggest social climber in her small upstate NY town (pop. 6,172), was ferocious grammar police.
She was a butcher's daughter, the first and only in 20 generations of her ancient farming family in New Jersey to go to college. I am named after her.
It's a way of excluding and ranking people. As the whole Eliza Doolittle thing was at pains to show.
Speak, dress, be, shake it, as you please. Let a thousand flowers bloom.
(But don't say "step foot in" or "I give him free reign" or I shall clutch her pearls. Muscle memory.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Dan is being Selmarized and is getting Cuz to slowly push him out of the Dump. Fanny has been grooming Kirsty to be a Dan replacement as far as generating video content. I think that may be why Ñutty is suddenly going on trips with Annalise and Annalise is being celebrated and included in videos.

Passive aggressive mean girl Fanny is pushing him out and doing as she did with Marie and Selmar. Can’t you see Fanny saying with a concerned look on her face, “ Dan has gone through so much this past year and it is understandable that he would like a change. We wish him the best and will always be great friends. He will always be welcome at the Dump.” Dan will never be seen again except for a brief visit or mention. Rinse and repeat, another day at LieLande. Phillip may be up next.
I mean can you blame her, the guy is tragic, I used to watch Dan's vlogs and i used to like his attitude to life, he would give anything a go and if it went tits up, he would give it another go, then something happened and he became Mr YouTube (I don't think doing that online course helped, LA vlogger make me want to end it) its sad that his relationship ended but it happens, the quicker these "Content" creators get it into there heads we don't care about them personally, we just want something to watch, when you take a step back and review what there putting out, its actually just crap, i was watching Fannys latest offering and it was just a waste of 20 minuets.
And why I'm moaning you know who is getting right on my tits, Billy, he great at spending money, but isn't great at making it, what the hell is he going to use the convent for? offices? a studio for daddy Michael, housing pen for his sister WHAT IS THE PLAN? all the gear, no idea.
sorry for moaning, iv just had enough.
Also how funny was everyone's favourite foreskin's new video, I keep my passport in my bag, just in case I need to catch a flight, GIRL the only thing your going to catch is chlamydia.
I need to lie down now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Here's the replies to Chandeliers.

View attachment 1410221
The Chateau Diaries
2 hours ago
It’s very sweet of you to care about me, but I think we look for very different things in a man. I’ve loved men in makeup since Adam Ant and I’d rather be able to talk about chandeliers and paint colours than tractors View attachment 1410222

View attachment 1410223
Chandeliers
1 hour ago (edited)
@The Chateau Diaries View attachment 1410224View attachment 1410225View attachment 1410226View attachment 1410227 Stephanie, if you read our comment again, everyone loves chandeliers and paint colors and tractors. Especially my daughter and I that loves the same things like you do we even drive a Hummer! You will see it's not about things, it's about a 27 year old boy who is tall, handsome and very much likeable. He can't think beyond 27 years old, because each year he's going to think differently. That's how it is with guys, only 10% stay on track. Did Charles the next king of England stay on track with all his worldly possessions? Everyone knows the answer to that. Cheers to Summertime!View attachment 1410228
Show less
I think it's Tomaz Quaresma. He's jelly.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
English is not my native language and the last few pages I have no idea what you are talking about. (I mean these language topics.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Sadies effort today, (nearly killed herself walking up the stairs) she told Mo that Micheal wanted the double sink in the top apartment. Shocked it so outdated and second hand.

Billys vlog shocked me he is making ensuite hospital rooms into offices, I shook my head, they are offices for Gwen, Blly, Micheal and Ryan if he returns. Starnge comment, wondered why Icheal wanted an office then realised using the large table in the Chateau for posting will not be possible in cottage.

Alexander returns, confused thought they were emptying the chateau?????? Mo's vlog about fixing the bumper he used Ma and Pa Petherick cottage, the Kitchen area. It is ready to be painted.

Finally my hate is yous here in NZ commonly said but now being spelt/
I'm not entirely sure but... I think "yous" originates from Pompey, or Portsmouth to those of yous that don't know (Dan's stamping ground). People from Portsmouth use "yous" ALL the time.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.